• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah Armored Kill is gonna be the bees knees for sure.

I hope they change the minimum height at which the AA rockets locks their target.
Last night there was a chopper flying low so the AA rockets wouldnt lock but now low enough to take it out with the RPGs and it was damn annoying.

Like wait behind the jet and stingering (lol) when someone's in?
No, like waiting for someone to get into the empty jet or chopper and then hitting it with an RPG/SMAW. Like faceless said, Stinger kills aren't considered AT Launcher kills since it's an AA Launcher.

You only need 5 kills. Your best bets are probably Operation Firestorm Conquest, and Kharg Island Rush defence first set, but there are plenty of other good maps for it too. Have a friend set up a SOFLAM or use the third seat in a tank, and then use a Javelin to shoot the designated aerial targets. It doesn't take long.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't bother shooting at a tank if you're not going to be able to kill it in a timely manner.
Move on, cap another flag...

Dreamgazer is hungry and opens the cupboard looking for something to eat. Inside he notices a can of tuna fish... there is a can opener in the drawer but his gut reaction is
RRRRUUUUNNNNN AAAWWWWAAAAYYYY!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

How the hell am I getting these air AT rocket kills then. FUCK YOU DICE.

It's actually really easy. Like I said, last night I got three in one game. We were rolling a team on D.Peak CQ so I switched sides to see if the game could be more competitive... unfortunately all the randoms had locked squads, so I was by myself save one guy. Despite breaking through the line a couple times and taking B/A, no one backed me up. This lead to a serious spawn slaughter. And then people started quitting and it got worse. Then they stole our chopper and had two birds circling. The entire thing was pretty ugly.

Fortunately, people who pilot little birds, especially while spawn camping, are usually hyper-aggressive and stupid. They fly low and you can bait them in close. Seriously, they are so dumb. I fire a few magnum rounds to get their attention and then run around the corner or behind something. "Herp derp lets go get that guy".

BOOM

Suck it bitches. Who's next?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Dreamgazer is hungry and opens the cupboard looking for something to eat. Inside he notices a can of tuna fish... there is a can opener in the drawer but his gut reaction is
RRRRUUUUNNNNN AAAWWWWAAAAYYYY!

Who knows how long ago the tuna was bought

You're talking about that Canals game Dream?

I managed to take the tank down. But even if I couldn't do it I still think the best option would be to engage it, it's back was turned towards me, only took 2 shots.

I mean, we had spawned as the russians, but we were having a hard time.

Our team couldn't do shit and were wasting our armor (like the dumbass that parked one tank on a hill behind C, or the other one who wouldn't leave our spawn with the tank).

Then when they finally pushed they let the enemy steal our tank...

As I said we were having a hard time already, if they managed to steal our vehicles we would start to get spawn raped...

I know you complain about vehicle abuse a lot, and most times you are right, but if we had used our tanks better maybe we would have fared better...(I'm not saying we would win).

My problem with shooting at a vehicle/chopper that you can't kill is this:
1) You're alerting the enemy of you and your teammates' position:
In a situation where I have no flags. My main priority is to cap flags.
I don't care if a tank is driving into B. I capped B already and I'm moving onto the next flag. Hopefully I can go cap another 2 flags while it's moving around to cap one. Is the tank still a threat on the field? Yeah, but do I really want to waste 5 minute on a battle where he might re-cap and I get stuck with nothing again?

No. I really don't.
I'll worry about the tank when I'm more comfortable with it (like have more flags or have more cover.)

So when I'm about to get up and go for C or capping down A, the last thing I want is a teammate firing rockets right next to me. Then bam, they all know where we are now.

2) Deny it all you want, but people often put vehicle > objective.
I don't even want to mention how many times, that when I'm gunning in a vehicle, moving onto a flag...and then the driver stops halfway. Why? Cause he/she needs to take down a chopper. 1 minute? fine. 2 minute? fine. 3 minutes in and you still haven't killed the chopper and that flag is getting capped? Move the damn thing cause 1) See above & 2)You just wasted a flag cap. The same is with people taking on tanks they can't kill. Why are you wasting time on it?

3) Certain places/scenarios just aren't worth doing battle on.
Especially on canal, I often find myself in this scenario. My squad is at B. I'm lone capping, while my 3 squad mates are running around like chickens trying to take down and dodge chopper fires. I ignore them, watch them die, spawn on me and do the same crap again.

Then they all die, chopper comes down to repair, I kill it - move on.

Point of the story? B is such an open field, that most of the time it's usually very disadvantageous to bother yourself with vehicle battles there. Every battle I've seen there either takes too much time or require more than 2-3 tickets to finish. It's just totally not worth it sometimes, and people should just wait for better opportunities (see 1) above)

--------------------------

JJD, no offense to your in particular, but I'm really sick and tired of hearing the "vehicle can win you games" arguments. Everything in the game is suppose to win you games.
I don't blurt out my vehicle obsession hate every game. I don't blurt it out when vehicles are obviously winning us the game. However, when you hear me start saying it, I'm usually aware that 1)the vehicles aren't helping or 2)the enemies are out powering us on ground troops or anti-vehicle measures. And yeah, I'm usually right, cause otherwise I wouldn't be seeing people on the ground giving up on vehicles to cap flags with me.

As I've said before.
When I'm the one getting MVP pins, there's usually something really fucked up about the team.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
As I've said before.
When I'm the one getting MVP pins, there's usually something really fucked up about the team.

Uh you are a good CQ player so it's not weird to see you get MVP. Especially since constant flag capping and support actions really bump SPM.

Now if you get MVP in RUSH D on the other hand... lol

Also. Sometimes you are right. And sometimes not. About vehicles. I still believe they are the most powerful tools to win games.

Uh you are a good CQ player so it's not weird to see you get MVP. Especially since constant flag capping and support actions really bump SPM.

Now if you get MVP in RUSH D on the other hand... lol

Also. Sometimes you are right. And sometimes not. About vehicles. I still believe they are the most powerful tools to win games.

Yeah, but usually on a good day GAF easily hold down all flags + infantry won't get as much kills. JJD got the MVP pin easily on sharqui conquest assault yesterday, with 9 kills 0 death, but only 2 flag caps. Compared to Olimpia and I who capped 3-4. and about 2/3 his kills.

When I get MVP on Rush D,
everyone is suppose to shut up and hear me rage at them anyway

As for vehicles, tell me what I'm not right about >.>
You guys just label me a vehicle hater and then never really start a discussion and then go " dream, why are you're in a vehicle." Like I said, I wouldn't say things if little bs things didn't get to us. If I'm wrong, then I'll stop lone capping from now on and spawn with you at base to get a vehicle smh. So tired of people pming me and say, but vehicles are important while i lone dis-arm like a sad idiot *cries*

That and I also wouldn't have won certain Rush games against gaffers *cough*

We need to find the server he plays on
Should taunt him to a clan match on our own server......>.>
Otherwise he'll just k/b us when the going gets tough

So if I jump on the 360 version now since the whole server fiasco; how is everything holding up? Are server admins tyrant'ing it up? Are there plenty of games to join?

You know man, squad rush seems fun.

It's really tactical, you can't make many mistakes and I can see people getting exponentially better at regular rush after playing it for a while.

Search on youtube for Project PTFO. It's a squad rush championship with some well know BF3 players.

I would never try it without friends though...
Indeed, Squad Rush is fun!

Squad Rush is #3 game mode. better than SDM, better than TDM, better than Gun Master.

B2K> Armored Kill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla maps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Close Shitters.

still can't believe they don't even have Squad Rush in CQ.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Troll Airfield in Wake Island Babby Mode

Tried doing that. But I'm too focused on #WINNING.

Such a shitty requirement. The L96 headshot wasn't bad. But this is impossible. :(

Also morons in jets not bailing on the other side of the map to cap for a good five minutes and the rest of my team going for C instead of coming back to B when he does finally land is TROLLOLOLOLOL and facepalmmontage.gif all at the same time.

No, like waiting for someone to get into the empty jet or chopper and then hitting it with an RPG/SMAW. Like faceless said, Stinger kills aren't considered AT Launcher kills since it's an AA Launcher.

You only need 5 kills. Your best bets are probably Operation Firestorm Conquest, and Kharg Island Rush defence first set, but there are plenty of other good maps for it too. Have a friend set up a SOFLAM or use the third seat in a tank, and then use a Javelin to shoot the designated aerial targets. It doesn't take long.

seriously.

WAKE ISLAND

AIRFIELD

someone gets into a vehicle on the runway

RPG it

+1

So I jump on the 360 version now since the whole server fiasco; how is everything holding up? Are server admins tyrant'ing it up? Are there plenty of games to join?

fine, yes and yes.

Tried doing that. But I'm too focused on #WINNING.

Such a shitty requirement. The L96 headshot wasn't bad. But this is impossible. :(

Also morons in jets not bailing on the other side of the map to cap for a good five minutes and the rest of my team going for C instead of coming back to B when he does finally land is TROLLOLOLOLOL and facepalmmontage.gif all at the same time.

it's not about winning or losing, it's about joining a game of randoms and trolling, then leaving.

Btw, got 6 mine kills on Wake island easily yesterday.
Not sure why people think the assignment is that bad.

I could have gotten more if some pub didn't blow up my mines just so he can plant his at some super obvious and stupid spot....

I could have gotten more if some pub didn't blow up my mines just so he can plant his at some super obvious and stupid spot....

yeah, AT Mines aren't uber like BC2, but they're still very usable.

i was worried about the 350m headshot and the 5 AT Rocket air vehicle kills, but now that i have a method for those, i'm good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it's not about winning or losing, it's about joining a game of randoms and trolling, then leaving.

I'm not going to sit on an airfield just to get RPG a jet that I could usually ignore. Fuck DICE.

Yes, I totally will... if you join me.

Going to BC1. Half the players I'm joining games on are totally stupid. Like not going to Seine first set B first and crowding in with a recon, SERIOUSLY?

olimpia84

My problem with shooting at a vehicle/chopper that you can't kill is this:
1) You're alerting the enemy of you and your teammates' position:
In a situation where I have no flags. My main priority is to cap flags.
I don't care if a tank is driving into B. I capped B already and I'm moving onto the next flag. Hopefully I can go cap another 2 flags while it's moving around to cap one. Is the tank still a threat on the field? Yeah, but do I really want to waste 5 minute on a battle where he might re-cap and I get stuck with nothing again?

No. I really don't.
I'll worry about the tank when I'm more comfortable with it (like have more flags or have more cover.)

So when I'm about to get up and go for C or capping down A, the last thing I want is a teammate firing rockets right next to me. Then bam, they all know where we are now.

2) Deny it all you want, but people often put vehicle > objective.
I don't even want to mention how many times, that when I'm gunning in a vehicle, moving onto a flag...and then the driver stops halfway. Why? Cause he/she needs to take down a chopper. 1 minute? fine. 2 minute? fine. 3 minutes in and you still haven't killed the chopper and that flag is getting capped? Move the damn thing cause 1) See above & 2)You just wasted a flag cap. The same is with people taking on tanks they can't kill. Why are you wasting time on it?

3) Certain places/scenarios just aren't worth doing battle on.
Especially on canal, I often find myself in this scenario. My squad is at B. I'm lone capping, while my 3 squad mates are running around like chickens trying to take down and dodge chopper fires. I ignore them, watch them die, spawn on me and do the same crap again.

Then they all die, chopper comes down to repair, I kill it - move on.

Point of the story? B is such an open field, that most of the time it's usually very disadvantageous to bother yourself with vehicle battles there. Every battle I've seen there either takes too much time or require more than 2-3 tickets to finish. It's just totally not worth it sometimes, and people should just wait for better opportunities (see 1) above)

--------------------------

JJD, no offense to your in particular, but I'm really sick and tired of hearing the "vehicle can win you games" arguments. Everything in the game is suppose to win you games.
I don't blurt out my vehicle obsession hate every game. I don't blurt it out when vehicles are obviously winning us the game. However, when you hear me start saying it, I'm usually aware that 1)the vehicles aren't helping or 2)the enemies are out powering us on ground troops or anti-vehicle measures. And yeah, I'm usually right, cause otherwise I wouldn't be seeing people on the ground giving up on vehicles to cap flags with me.

As I've said before.

You keep mentioning vehicle obsession but I still don't know anybody here on GAF that's vehicle obsessed in the wrong way. I mean, whenever I see somebody jump in a tank or LAV they do a good job. They usually think objective first which is all we need.

You can analyze that Canals game yesterday all you want but it all boils down to the simple fact that our team had 4 players working towards winning (our squad) and theirs had 10 (their entire team). I'm usually all about ignoring choppers but yesterday that was probably the main reason we lost: instead of running around capping flags we should have concentrated on taking the choppers down...that was our only remote hope of winning the game...take them down quick one after the other (hard to do but oh well) and bring a tank to the port area and keep their choppers at bay with guided shells. You see, whenever we capped a flag and went for the next one they would bring chopper A over to the flag and drop people off to take the flag. Then, as we started to take the next flag down chopper B would come and drop people off to take us down while chopper C would be lying waste on us.

But overall, our team was crap and that was proven in the next round when two or three competent Colonels joined our team. That's all we needed to win the round and we even got to beat them early and force to quit in the CQA round. It was really fun watching that ticket count drop to zero without the enemy being able to do anything trollface.jpg

Nori Chan

fuck that

Took me so long to get all 20 kills everyone on wake is there and they always go slow cause they m kw there are at mines

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So guys im thinking of buying the Close Quarters expansion. Worth it or not?

2TzUj.png

-Silver-

MY crappy router is starting to play up again, every 2-3 matches I get a disconnection. Twice on Seine crossing playing against 7 other Gaffers.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So guys im thinking of buying the Close Quarters expansion. Worth it or not?
Its a totally different experience. I think its worth it.
But yeah Armored Kill is the real deal.

You keep mentioning vehicle obsession but I still don't know anybody here on GAF that's vehicle obsessed in the wrong way. I mean, whenever I see somebody jump in a tank or LAV they do a good job. They usually think objective first which is all we need.

You can analyze that Canals game yesterday all you want but it all boils down to the simple fact that our team had 4 players working towards winning (our squad) and theirs had 10 (their entire team). I'm usually all about ignoring choppers but yesterday that was probably the main reason we lost: instead of running around capping flags we should have concentrated on taking the choppers down...that was our only remote hope of winning the game...take them down quick one after the other (hard to do but oh well) and bring a tank to the port area and keep their choppers at bay with guided shells. You see, whenever we capped a flag and went for the next one they would bring chopper A over to the flag and drop people off to take the flag. Then, as we started to take the next flag down chopper B would come and drop people off to take us down while chopper C would be lying waste on us.

But overall, our team was crap and that was proven in the next round when two or three competent Colonels joined our team. That's all we needed to win the round and we even got to beat them early and force to quit in the CQA round. It was really fun watching that ticket count drop to zero without the enemy being able to do anything trollface.jpg

1)
No one ever gets in a vechicle with bad intentions.
Just as no one gets into pointless fire fights with bad intentions.
You don't need me to tell you that, as you've had your rage sessions at GAF when people stick to one point for too long (bazaar).

So when I complain about vehicle obsession, I never mean to say "don't get into a vehicle for any reason!" However, there are times you need to judge your priority.

I don't know if you remember this one Bazaar game where it was me, you thn and number_2. You, THN, number_2 were in a LAV parked at C and firing into B. Even with that, the enemy was good enough to hold A/B down and our tickets were tied. Then for a good 5-10 minutes of that game, I urged number_2 to get out of the tank and go cap A/B with me (which he eventually did.) Now, I'm sure he had all the good intentions to stick in a tank with you, but can you not agree that it was better for him to get out and flank/cap flags instead?

The same when I see 3 gaffers in a tank/air vehicle during a losing capsin/Kharg game. They're all obviously contributing, but obviously a few more people spread about capturing different flag would be a better idea, no?

GAF once had a dpeak game, where we had no flags and my whole squad stayed at spawn to repair 1 tank.
I got through multiples times with spawn beacons down multiple times. No one spawned.
"keeping the tank alive! it'll win us the game!", Good intentions? sure.
I sure think that good intentions could be spend elsewhere.

2) You can analyaze the Canal game all you want also, but the fact of the matter is - no sound tactic were pulled off. If there was a chopper strategy that would have worked, and I was that rouge 4th man who didn't join in, then I'm sorry. Equally, I can tell you that we could have capped A and made enough distractions 2 times (one before you joined, one after), except no one spawned in at all. There was a stuck tank at A for nearly 50% of the game, and I couldn't cap on a 1:1 ratio! Instead, twice during that game I found people (gaf and non-gaf) doing epic tank (not chopper) battle at B, or spawned at base to get killed in a vehicle. If anything, I rather have 2 people flanking/distraction cap while the other 2 focus on taking down the chopper (Again, if I'm the moron who ruins everything for people by "lone wolfing", then sorry.)

But I mean. Really? what is the point of epic tank battles of B?
Did people really think we had a chance? 2 other flags with no tanks, and people rather do that?

3) By the time the CQA round came around, most of their team (especially the ace, pimp99) have already left and 1/2 of the rest got changed to our team. It was not the sweet comeback victory I was hoping for:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54910009/4/200872301/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/betadeath/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/54910886/4/367772582/

tn2007

I don't know if you remember this one Bazaar game where it was me, you thn and number_2. You, THN, number_2 were in a LAV parked at C and firing into B. Even with that, the enemy was good enough to hold A/B down and our tickets were tied. Then for a good 5-10 minutes of that game, I urged number_2 to get out of the tank and go cap A/B with me (which he eventually did.) Now, I'm sure he had all the good intentions to stick in a tank with you, but can you not agree that it was better for him to get out and flank/cap flags instead?

Who is number_2?

tn2007

Yeah we really held it together even though we were down all game. But that metro game, we came through like a real clan. Our defense was so awesome except when I got too agressive at the end and we lost A because of it. But the best moment was when Dave went all hysterical when someone got through at B. Really good team work by ejas and boatack, even though you guys were in a different squad.

JJD

Yeah we really held it together even though we were down all game. But that metro game, we came through like a real clan. Our defense was so awesome except when I got too agressive at the end and we lost A because of it. But the best moment was when Dave went all hysterical when someone got through at B. Really good team work by ejas and boatack, even though you guys were in a different squad.

It wasn't your fault. The only time they managed to break through bravo was when Olimpia joined then and someone started smoking the shit of backstairs. They made a mad rush and a lucky guy got through while all others were taken down.

Everyone did pretty good on that game, they didn't stand a chance.

tn2007

It wasn't your fault. The only time they managed to break through bravo was when Olimpia joined then and someone started smoking the shit of backstairs. They made a mad rush and a lucky guy got through while all others were taken down.

Everyone did pretty good on that game, they didn't stand a chance.

Oh ok, I thought when I asked for help on side stairs that one of you guys had to leave your post since I died. But yeah our team really held B down for like 90% of the game. You and Dave did a really good job on back stairs.

JJD

Oh ok, I thought when I asked for help on side stairs that one of you guys had to leave your post since I died. But yeah our team really held B down for like 90% of the game. You and Dave did a really good job on back stairs.

Yeah, holding backstairs is one of the most important jobs, but it's not that hard. Holding front and side stairs is much harder since it's the main point of entry and you guys did an awesome job.

I'm really proud of that game, we played smart, were not greedy and easily secured the victory!

I've said it before, lately we're either spawn camping or getting spawn camped like on that Canals game. I mean, we're usually dominating so it's been hard to find good competitive games like that Firestorm one. When we find good opponents their team is stacked and our randoms suck.

What is the current PS3 GAF server of choice? I played with ya guys a few times when the private servers went up. Would like to play again with ya guys.

Top Bottom