• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

CatPee

Well...suddenly I can check for packet loss again. O%.

My ping is almost always around 250/300ms.

I guess that can impact the gameplay right?

I would pay top money for a BF server located on south america EA, top money...

Wow, you have a .3 second delay to everything. That sure as hell is gonna affect your gameplay.

Oddly enough, my ping for servers in South America are always <100. Your ISP not that great?

Seance

Banned
Sucks how much DICE changes the game with every patch. My assault setup is completely different to what i used to run until the major patch. :/

JJD

Wow, you have a .3 second delay to everything. That sure as hell is gonna affect your gameplay.

Oddly enough, my ping for servers in South America are always <100. Your ISP not that great?

My ISP is horrible. It's too expensive and my connection quality is not that good.

I pay almost 80 US dollars for a 10MB/400KB download/upload connection. But my real download speed is less than half of that. Thankfully upload doesn't get lower than 400KB (that is already low enough for 10MB down IMO).

My ping was something like 30/40MS from my ISP server, located in a city 60 miles from mine. But since yesterday my ping on that server is around 200/230MS.

My ping on american servers was always around 250MS or a little bit more, but since yesterday I'm around 300MS or more...

To be frank I'm used to that, I bet most people from south america playing on US servers get that kind of ping, but lately it's getting to the point that I am noticing a difference.

I always had trouble finding people to play in some games like COD or Uncharted. In U2 it would take easily more than 5 minutes to find a game.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
German clan TDR is probably going to need counseling after the beating GAF dished out today.

DNu71.jpg

JJD

What the fuck is happening with this shitty game??? 2 disconnects, 3 freezes in a row.

When I finally manage to play a game from start to finish a fucking admin. switch me after I have worked hard for the win and I end up in the losing team.

I'm pissed as hell right now.

Dice better get their shit straight next gen. or I'll swear to God I'm playing Call of Duty.

olimpia84

Yeah, I got kicked twice and move to the other team once...
Did you guys lose connection on that Seine Crossing game? I even got signed out of PSN so I don't know if it's a Sony issue or my ISP acting funny.

Kak.efes

Some of you guys got really heated last night after that Sharqi loss. I was alternating the controller with a friend, so I was unable to really contribute much. Whoever started that profanity laced tirade at the end though, that shit was hysterical. Meltdowns related to gaming always make me laugh the hardest.

What the fuck is happening with this shitty game??? 2 disconnects, 3 freezes in a row.

When I finally manage to play a game from start to finish a fucking admin. switch me after I have worked hard for the win and I end up in the losing team.

I'm pissed as hell right now.

Dice better get their shit straight next gen. or I'll swear to God I'm playing Call of Duty.

.. but you're the Goose to my Maverick :(

JJD

Yeah, I got kicked twice and move to the other team once...
Did you guys lose connection on that Seine Crossing game? I even got signed out of PSN so I don't know if it's a Sony issue or my ISP acting funny.

The only thing that didn't happen to me on those games was being banned.

I got kicked, switched, lost connection to the EA servers twice and then the game froze.....three fucking times!

Between all this bullshit, and my horrible ping I don't know if I'll be playing the game for now. Maybe I should take a break until the next DLC hits, God willing all my issues will be resolved by then. I got a tech guy from my ISP coming today to resolve this mess.

Some of you guys got really heated last night after that Sharqi loss. I was alternating the controller with a friend, so I was unable to really contribute much. Whoever started that profanity laced tirade at the end though, that shit was hysterical. Meltdowns related to gaming always make me laugh the hardest.

I'm sorry BK, I love gunning for you, but my ping issues are even worse on fast moving vehicles... :-(

I'll try to play the game again tonight after the technician leaves. I hope he can fix my connection.

And hey, didn't Goose end up dying horribly after Maverick crashed??? 0.o

Hahaha!

PS. Stay away from my mourning wife!!! ;-)

tn2007

As always it was me that spit all that profanity out. I was pissed at our scrub team and that dude soldierX. How can I have 6000 more points than anyother player on their team and we're clearly the better squad, yet we lose by 8 tickets. Shit pisses me off.

I did it again this morning after that bullshit grand bazaar lost. Destroyed them next round because I was tired of it and than I get kicked by admin for spawn camping his sorry ass. Almost had more points and kills than their entire team combined. I'm glad I entertain you with my tirades. By the way If you ever play with Olimpia or dream they will go on tirades too, that's just how competitive we our.

Kak.efes

I'm sorry BK, I love gunning for you, but my ping issues are even worse on fast moving vehicles... :-(

I'll try to play the game again tonight after the technician leaves. I hope he can fix my connection.

And hey, didn't Goose end up dying horribly after Maverick crashed??? 0.o

Hahaha!

PS. Stay away from my mourning wife!!! ;-)

Now I got the top gun theme ingrained in my head, and I have only myself to blame. I'm with you on the taking a break until Armored Kill is released. It's gotten kind of stale of late.

As always it was me that spit all that profanity out. I was pissed at our scrub team and thy dude soldierX. How can I have 6000 more points than anyother player on their team and we're clearly the better squad, yet we lose by 8 tickets. Shit pisses me off.

I did it again this morning after that bullshit grand bazaar lost. Destroyed them next round because I was tired of it and than I get kicked by admin for spawn camping his sorry ass. Almost had more points and kills than their entire team combined. I'm glad I entertain you with my tirades. By the way If you ever play with Olimpia or dream they will go on tirades too, that's just how competitive we our.

It's cool, man. It's just funny, I don't take it too seriously (gaming that is), so when someone goes off like that, it's a little shocking.

I was chilling at a friends house once when something similar happened. I was watching television with a friend, shooting the shit, and having few drinks as we were prone to do, when all of a sudden we heard loud, and violent banging in the room next door. Apparently his brother was gaming on his PC, and broke his keyboard after he died in some game or something. It's sort of a running joke now, and he can't really live it down. This happened ages ago too.

tn2007

http://mp1st.com/2012/07/26/battlefield-3-aftermath-first-details-key-features-listed-and-more-on-setting/

DICE and EA have updated Battlefield 3&#8242;s Aftermath official page with the first details about the fourth Battlefield 3 expansion pack.

“The expansion pack will be “set amongst the shattered districts, streets and surrounding villages of a post-earthquake Tehran Battlefield 3™: Aftermath depicts a continuing struggle for supremacy and survival amongst the devastation,” as it was announced at E3.

DICE has added today, “With operational capacity severely compromised the opposing forces must adapt and engage in vertical and horizontal urban combat amongst the dust and rubble with cracks and fissures in the terrain providing unexpected cover and paths to objectives. Additional support comes in the form of heavily modified troop transports and civilian vehicles specially adapted to deliver deadly force to the enemy.”

Key Features

Urban warfare on four new maps
Fight through the dust and rubble, use the earthquake damaged terrain to your tactical advantage
New heavily modified military and civilian vehicles – ingenuity and firepower combined
New game mode
New assignments, achievements and dog tags.
— developing

Thanks, D0n7bl1nk

JJD

That looks cool. It seems that the focus will be on infantry combat again, even when they mention vehicles.

At least the maps won't be as small as Close Quarters.

I like maps like these. Bazaar and Seine are maps were infantry is the driving force, but you still have vehicles, and they can seriously affect the outcome of the game.

Hopefully all previous game modes will be supported.

Nori Chan

assignments better be for weapons god damn it :mad:

Oh and will there be assignments for Armored Kill? I'm guessing they would be unlocks for vehicles I guess

rvy

Banned
Out of all the DLC, Close Quarters seems to be the only one that doesn't play sub-par on consoles. 24 player isn't enough for everything else.
Also, DAT HIT DETECTION.
KuGsj.gif
Stopped playing the game because of it, close range combat is so off.

tn2007

That looks cool. It seems that the focus will be on infantry combat again, even when they mention vehicles.

At least the maps won't be as small as Close Quarters.

I like maps like these. Bazaar and Seine are maps were infantry is the driving force, but you still have vehicles, and they can seriously affect the outcome of the game.

Hopefully all previous game modes will be supported.

Wait is this gonna be multiplayer or co-op? I thought this was suppose to be co-op.

This may be a little off topic, but I have 2 beta referral codes for Dust 514, they are valid for July 26-30th. I think battlefield players might enjoy this game. PM me if interested

JJD

Out of all the DLC, Close Quarters seems to be the only one that doesn't play sub-par on consoles. 24 player isn't enough for everything else.
Also, DAT HIT DETECTION.
KuGsj.gif
Stopped playing the game because of it, close range combat is so off.

The game has a lot of issues, but as far as I'm concern the ones you mention are not among then.

Hit detection is improved comparing to BC2. I don't really see a lot of people complaining about it, specially close range. I could see some people arguing about detection mid-to-long range, but I've never had much trouble with it.

As far as map size goes, this is only an issue if you're playing against weak teams that can't keep up. I have had great games on Kharg, Caspian and Firestorm as an infantry only.

If the teams are balanced you will always find action, you just need to know where to look.

Of course it would be nice to have more players, but this is more of an issue with MS and Sony online infrastructures than with Dice and it's console version of the Frostbyte engine.

JJD

Wait is this gonna be multiplayer or co-op? I thought this was suppose to be co-op.

WHAAAAATTTTTTT???

I hope it's not co-op! Why bother releasing a co-op DLC that far along the game's lifespan?
MP is where everyone's at...

Onslaught mode was a joke on BC2...waste of money! It was only good if you wanted to learn how to fly the chopper...

tn2007

WHAAAAATTTTTTT???

I hope it's not co-op! Why bother releasing a co-op DLC that far along the game's lifespan?
MP is where everyone's at...

Onslaught mode was a joke on BC2...waste of money! It was only good if you wanted to learn how to fly the chopper...

I read it on the battlelog forums but I guess I was wrong.
jIBx5.png

Thank god because I didn't like single player or co-op. The fact that we get armored kill and aftermath in the same month is freaking awesome.

tn2007 said:
As always it was me that spit all that profanity out. I was pissed at our scrub team and that dude soldierX. How can I have 6000 more points than anyother player on their team and we're clearly the better squad, yet we lose by 8 tickets. Shit pisses me off.

By the way If you ever play with Olimpia or dream they will go on tirades too, that's just how competitive we our.

Just reading it makes me want to yell at somebody.
I really hate that "close game...caused people fucked around" bs.

It shouldn't even have been "close". I should have been a definite victory!

*goes yell at somebody*

jIBx5.png

Thank god because I didn't like single player or co-op. The fact that we get armored kill and aftermath in the same month is freaking awesome.

The aftermath = co-op rumor started on reddit when someone said he wants more single player mission. The theory is that it's a co-op/single player game since the setting is based on the Tehran Earthquake in the SP campaign (aftermath in this case refers to after the earthquake.) + some other stuff and the rumor just started spreading.

Quite frankly, there are also rumors that there will be dinosaurs and zombies...

so I would take all of this with a grain of salt.

In fact I'll believe the dinosaurs mode rumor more than co-op >.>...since parts of the community been crazily demanding for it

JJD

jIBx5.png

I thought aftermath was dropping December...

I hope they release End game earlier too. March 2013 is too far away.

one of the bullet points is NEW GAME MODE so i would hope it's not co-op...

I still need to do drop'em like liquid......
:lol

NEVER AGAIN

I thought aftermath was dropping December...

I hope they release End game earlier too. March 2013 is too far away.
it was. wtf, they changed the date!? can they do that!?!?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/ says Dec 2012

Seance

Banned
So guys, how 'bout that spas12 w/ slugs? Discovered this yesterday when my friend convinced me to use it. He's got 90+ SS with it.
Gotdayum.

Is there a changelist for the next patch?

No_Style

I was thinking after that win: "TN must not be pleased by this outcome at ALL"

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So, any GAF BF3 peeps who play on the PS3 and on Asian servers?

Just asking since I'm from Asia and that seems like the logical choice in games, or it doesn't matter much?

I mostly play solo but I've found a few decent online friends that I join up with when they're online.

Anyone here I can add? (yes, I know there's a list but it's not specified which server they play on, and it might already be full).

I play the friggin' objective, very rarely use the sniper class and quite decent at it. Only downside is my shitty net connection means I get disconnected every third or fourth match. :(

Here's my stats if that's important.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/excaliburps/stats/233890030/ps3/

olimpia84

Most of us play on the US servers but at this point no matter where I play I still get a ridiculous detection lag so you can still add me if you feel like it (and this goes to any new PS3 gaffers out there).

Kak.efes

Hopefully Armored Kill is as fun as that last Wake Island game we had where everyone was utilizing vehicles, and utilizing them wisely. Those F-35 pilots were a pain in the ass to deal with.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Most of us play on the US servers but at this point no matter where I play I still get a ridiculous detection lag so you can still add me if you feel like it (and this goes to any new PS3 gaffers out there).

Sure! What's your PS3 ID? :) I sometimes rage a bit so bear with me. Haha!

Friggin' annoying for my net to have maintenance. It's the weekend and I can play the whole day, but nooo...internet shitty won't let me play.

Dgott

Banned
Got a 1135 marksman headshot today on Gulf of Ohman. Guy was on carrier, I was on tall building behind cranes and I aimed 4 "balls" or 4 lines above the guy.... Shot and hit him amazingly!

vixlar

New heavily modified military and civilian vehicles – ingenuity and firepower combined

I'm really interested in this.

BTW. Do you know what are the new vehicle upgrades in Armored Kill? I really want a Bomber upgrade for the jets.

PandaL

I'm really interested in this.

BTW. Do you know what are the new vehicle upgrades in Armored Kill? I really want a Bomber upgrade for the jets.

There are no more upgrade for Jets.

Armored Kill has AC130 and Tank Destroyer which is just a LAV with Tank canon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
see you guys next week!!! headed to Orlando for the weekend!

You should come up to Gainesville. It's only an hour drive. :3

Last second FUCK YOU disarm in A? YES I DID. Best part of that round was getting hip-fire multi-kills SIDEWAYS/90 degrees from dudes looking forward in the tunnels of second set. You know those Metro C4 oblivious videos? Yeah, these dudes were completely oblivious to my hellfire until someone tagged me from behind.

Still gotta finish the assignments up. Claymore kills/AT kills. Ugh ugh ugh. And I can lay C4 on a vehicle and get killed before I can blow it. :/

@Dream: Checked this morning when my connection was non-shit: Nope.avi toward admin.

Top Bottom