• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

So I've done a search about official servers but I'm a little unclear on this. Does DICE have servers out there? How can you tell which ones are official?

It's getting to be a pain having to drop in and out of servers that have some ridiculous ticket amount for Conquest mode.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I've done a search about official servers but I'm a little unclear on this. Does DICE have servers out there? How can you tell which ones are official?

It's getting to be a pain having to drop in and out of servers that have some ridiculous ticket amount for Conquest mode.

If you click on the server you can see the admin. DICE servers list DICE as the admin.

When you find one, favorite it and eventually when you have enough, just surf through your favorites filter to find one that is active.

UFRA

Fucking frostbite freeze....

I get in one of my favorite servers. I'm on a good team and we're winning. Playing for no more than 5 min, and I go to create a new squad since my squad is kinda dumb. Game freezes.

Reboot. Rejoin server on same team. I spawn, hop in a chopper and am excited to tear shit up. Game freezes.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Playing on Canals tonight me and Faceless were rolling deep in the z-11. He managed to pick me up 3 separate times from the carrier deck when I was dropping out and shooting people. I also managed to rpg a little bird during that rampage as well. Was so awesome getting those last second pick ups in the chopper.

Playing on Canals tonight me and Faceless were rolling deep in the z-11. He managed to pick me up 3 separate times from the carrier deck when I was dropping out and shooting people. I also managed to rpg a little bird during that rampage as well. Was so awesome getting those last second pick ups in the chopper.

that 2nd pickup was so awesome! dropped off, enemy spawns in the little bird, takes off, you RPG it as it's flying away and i manage to swing back around and get you, hahahahahahaha!

YoungHav

Banned
I stopped playing this game for 2-3 months so I could play my other games I've ignored since buying this. Close Quarters got me hooked all over again.

After 3hrs of flying them, I finally unlocked the heat seeking missiles for jets. I use to fly and just pray n spray, which never did anything 9/10 of the time. My first jet kill, I was ecstatic! The heat seeking missiles make flying funner and a bit too easy but much deserved being that it took me forever to get kills.

Annoyed at my shotguns getting nerfed, M1014 and USAS-12. I just started using the M26 MASS, boy am I in love. That's how a real shotgun should be, 2 hits max.
When you find one, favorite it and eventually when you have enough, just surf through your favorites filter to find one that is active.
Yup, just did that this weekend. Though it sucks they don't have all conquest official servers anymore and no Close Quarters official servers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I stopped playing this game for 2-3 months so I could play my other games I've ignored since buying this. Close Quarters got me hooked all over again.

After 3hrs of flying them, I finally unlocked the heat seeking missiles for jets. I use to fly and just pray n spray, which never did anything 9/10 of the time. My first jet kill, I was ecstatic! The heat seeking missiles make flying funner and a bit too easy but much deserved being that it took me forever to get kills.

Annoyed at my shotguns getting nerfed, M1014 and USAS-12. I just started using the M26 MASS, boy am I in love. That's how a real shotgun should be, 2 hits max.

Yup, just did that this weekend. Though it sucks they don't have all conquest official servers anymore and no Close Quarters official servers.

That's a lie. Some of my Official DICE went to CQS.

They have it setup as Server17364 or something like that

meppi

Tss, and my friends wonder why I don't want to play this crappy game anymore.

After a bit of coercion one of them got me to play again.
Win or lose, not much fun like always.
And it didn't take long for admin abuse to kick in once again.
Emptied out a server so we looked for a new one.
Play this game of Caspian. Then move one to metro. Fun fun, joy joy!

After almost 10 minutes my buddy gets kicked to the other team by the admin. chavo211 or one of his 12 year old friends.
We thought it was because he wanted him on his team as we were close to a 100 ticked lead.
When checking the server stats, it appeared that he kicked him to the other team. :-/

So I switch teams soon after and decide to hand him his ass and take back the lead.
After we overtake them, my buddy gets banned from the server by this loser for no reason whatsoever besides helping his team win.
So yeah, then I go into asshole mode and look for him and his buddies for the rest of the game and after wiping out 3 of the 4 guys in their squad and tea bagging them to rub it in, as they only seem to care about getting me at this point (and failing miserably), I finally get the kick and ban I was asking for as well.

And yet they still lost by 276 tickets! :p

With BS like this, this will most likely be the last BF game and possibly DICE game I buy.

Tss, and my friends wonder why I don't want to play this crappy game anymore.

After a bit of coercion one of them got me to play again.
Win or lose, not much fun like always.
And it didn't take long for admin abuse to kick in once again.
Emptied out a server so we looked for a new one.
Play this game of Caspian. Then move one to metro. Fun fun, joy joy!

After almost 10 minutes my buddy gets kicked to the other team by the admin. chavo211 or one of his 12 year old friends.
We thought it was because he wanted him on his team as we were close to a 100 ticked lead.
When checking the server stats, it appeared that he kicked him to the other team. :-/

So I switch teams soon after and decide to hand him his ass and take back the lead.
After we overtake them, my buddy gets banned from the server by this loser for no reason whatsoever besides helping his team win.
So yeah, then I go into asshole mode and look for him and his buddies for the rest of the game and after wiping out 3 of the 4 guys in their squad and tea bagging them to rub it in, as they only seem to care about getting me at this point (and failing miserably), I finally get the kick and ban I was asking for as well.

And yet they still lost by 276 tickets! :p

With BS like this, this will most likely be the last BF game and possibly DICE game I buy.
So play on different servers? I have been kicked a grand total of 1 time since private servers came about and it was because I was sending non stop hate mail to the admin.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So does seks. Oooooooo

Gurl, who you kiddin? I haven't touched that game in months.

Call of Duty 4 is still the best Call of Duty. Too bad it's filled with hackers to the point of where I can't go play S&D or HQ on it anymore.

meppi

So play on different servers? I have been kicked a grand total of 1 time since private servers came about and it was because I was sending non stop hate mail to the admin.

The problem is that it's just one of the many things that I really dislike about the game.
The hit detection/server handshake "who shot who in the what and when" is another huge issue for me.
I have not trouble acknowledging when I'm shooting blanks. Heck, it happens a lot of the time. But when I'm 2 meters in front of an enemy that I got the drop on and zoom into his chest with my x4 slug on my SPAS and shoot 2 of my 3-4 shots straight into him before he even responds, yet I drop dead from his quick WTF just happened spray and see in the killcam how this level 6 guy still has 100% health, it starts bugging me.
If that happened once, sure, I could understand, but it's all the damn time.
And again, I'm not talking about the instances where I know that I could very easily have missed him in the heat of the battle.

From the shooters that I have played over the years, this is the first one where such an issue is so blatant.
Started playing Halo to see if I might jump ship and give most of my spare time to 343 in the future, and even in games with a laggy connection, something like this just does not happen.
Heck in BC2 this never happened.
Yet in BF3 it feels screwed up that it does on a constant basis. :-/

But like I said, it's just a part of the problem I have with the game.
The obvious money grab it has turned and the catering to a new kind of player, certainly doesn't help.
Nor do the majority of maps, which are pretty terrible.

i dunno man... sometimes, like tonight, even Metro CQ doesn't fill a server and all the bookmarked servers are empty and you just have to first find a server with a non-insane ticket count and map rotation and then play on some random server and hope the admins are either not there or are not ridiculous.

in other news, i got a party chat request from someone on the opposing team and it was 2 dudes who couldn't have been more than 12 years old that were telling me how spawn camping and mining the russian base on kharg was bad and how the admin was gonna ban me and how if i got banned from too many servers i would get banned from the game... i was like "did you not read the server rules? it says 'anything goes' and even if i did get banned, whatever..." i guess they didn't know the admin or maybe he didn't like them either, because he left after that game and didn't ban anyone.

TheSeks

I wish they were proxy based. :(

No, I wish they were infinite set like launch. ;__;

i dunno man... sometimes, like tonight, even Metro CQ doesn't fill a server and all the bookmarked servers are empty and you just have to first find a server with a non-insane ticket count and map rotation and then play on some random server and hope the admins are either not there or are not ridiculous.

I really should just buy a server. (No, I shouldn't. Because the reality is it'd sit empty like Dream's server) Because that's the thing that I hate about the rent-a-server update. It's nearly impossible to find 100% pro-mode 24/7 servers with non-shit (see: no Metro) maps in the rotation. :/

I wish they were proxy based. :(

No, I wish they were infinite set like launch. ;__;

I really should just buy a server. (No, I shouldn't. Because the reality is it'd sit empty like Dream's server) Because that's the thing that I hate about the rent-a-server update. It's nearly impossible to find 100% pro-mode 24/7 servers with non-shit (see: no Metro) maps in the rotation. :/

Why don't you just edit my server?

Someone remind me to get on and renew it

*returns to working/studying*

JJD

Man, the game is feeling strange. It's kinda laggy, slow...it's not unplayable but it's definitely affecting me.

I shot a guy a slip second before him but his shots hit me first! He was at 5 meters max. I saw no muzzle flash, there was no one around us...

I'm getting that ever since I started playing again yesterday.

Anyone experiencing slow, kinda laggy servers on PS3???

TheSeks

It's probably your connection: The game is client based so if he's hitting you first your connection is coming in second.

Dreamgazer said:
Why don't you just edit my server?

Because no one plays on your server!

Can I even do that?

JJD

Well...suddenly I can check for packet loss again. O%.

My ping is almost always around 250/300ms.

I guess that can impact the gameplay right?

I would pay top money for a BF server located on south america EA, top money...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well...suddenly I can check for packet loss again. O%.

My ping is almost always around 250/300ms.

I guess that can impact the gameplay right?

I would pay top money for a BF server located on south america EA, top money...

It fucking does alot

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok im taking a break until Armor Kill.
See ya BF bros!

It's probably your connection: The game is client based so if he's hitting you first your connection is coming in second.

Can I even do that?

You have admin rights, do you not?
I sealed away the game, I can't even check right now

edit:

Anyone want a LBP Karting beta key? I'm not going to be able to use it while I'm on Haitus mode.
Serious takers only.

Seance

Banned
God damn i seem to only enjoy tdm in this game. CQ is so slow and boring when your not getting pubstomped by a party of 100 birds.
And no i have no interest.in doing the pubstomping.

TDM is just manic fun, especially on a server with decent map rotation.

Can I even do that?

if you're an admin, you can do everything except add/remove/kick/ban admins and the owner and renew the server.

you can set/change/tweak all the playlists and settings.

TheSeks

You have admin rights, do you not?
I sealed away the game, I can't even check right now

edit:

Anyone want a LBP Karting beta key? I'm not going to be able to use it while I'm on Haitus mode.
Serious takers only.

I honestly don't know where to go for admin shit. :3

Also I'll take that key if you still have it. I want to see if they fixed the shit that MNR didn't because I <3 Sackboy.

Top Bottom