• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

I can't connect to Battlelog on my mac or to the EA Servers on the PS3...

Game won't even let me check my stats on the my soldier page. WTF...

JJD

Weird. It works fine on mine.
Possibly a temporary problem?

It's probably on my end. I'm cursed.

Can't connect to Battlelog on my computer, and my PS3 can't connect to EA online so I can't play.

I should just move to a remote island, I'm always having troubles with this kind of stuff. Technology hates me.

meppi

It's probably on my end. I'm cursed.

Can't connect to Battlelog on my computer, and my PS3 can't connect to EA online so I can't play.

I should just move to a remote island, I'm always having troubles with this kind of stuff. Technology hates me.

I know it's a long shot, but unplugging your router for 30 second and reconnecting might do wonders sometimes when you get weird drops like this.
Although it being specific to one site and then the game servers as well seems like this won't help at all. :-/

JJD

I know it's a long shot, but unplugging your router for 30 second and reconnecting might do wonders sometimes when you get weird drops like this.
Although it being specific to one site and then the game servers as well seems like this won't help at all. :-/

Everything's fine now. I did a search on brazilian forums and found a thread posted today about the same issues. The guy didn't update it so I don't know if he managed to get back online like I did.

Played two games with a good amount of lag. Close Quarters is horrible lagging. I can't even count how many times I saw a guy drop dead in front of me just to be killed by the same guy seconds after he died...

Saw Mancunian some days ago playing on PS3, I thought you were coming back as well! :-(

JJD

This is the ping I'm getting on a server located on Florida. Probably the closest thing I can get to a test on east coast US BF3 servers.

I'm around 170ms on a server located 26 miles from my city.

This thing is getting ridiculous, I had a guy checking this stuff. I thought he had resolved whatever issues I had.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This is the ping I'm getting on a server located on Florida. Probably the closest thing I can get to a test on east coast US BF3 servers.

This thing is getting ridiculous, I had a guy checking this stuff. I thought he had resolved whatever issues I had.

I do agree it is getting ridicules.

EA should be serves in your area. Hell I'll play on them

----

*goes on Ps3,, no one playing bf3*

awww =(

Rebel Leader

Playing right now. PSN: NoStyle

I suck tho

Because you...

have no style

umV9C.jpg

Nori Chan

I really wish you guys were 360

I would love to hear Dream cuss me out for sniping

and I feel like rebel leader and i will go hand in hand in absolute trolling

Kak.efes

I really wish you guys were 360

I would love to hear Dream cuss me out for sniping

and I feel like rebel leader and i will go hand in hand in absolute trolling

I once blocked Dream with my tank so he couldn't run through the tunnel on Seine conquest only so I can hear him yell at me.

I once blocked Dream with my tank so he couldn't run through the tunnel on Seine conquest only so I can hear him yell at me.

*clears throat*

BUT DID WE WINNNNNN DA GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????

*goes back to studying*

------------------
Rebel Leader/CodMaul doesn't actually troll much in game.
That being said, I'm jinxing myself to get trolled when I return from my haitus.

meppi

Saw Mancunian some days ago playing on PS3, I thought you were coming back as well! :-(
Yeah, sorry but I have a hard time going back to the game as it is. :(
Been about 2 weeks since I played it and even then it took quite a bit of convincing...
If and when people do convince me to play once more, it certainly wouldn't be the PS3 version though, with the improved, but still laggy controls, constant crashes. So far my BF3 copy on 360 has not crashed once after 100+ hours, although it's only matter of time before it does really. Only had 4 software crashes in total on it in 8 months time, and I play tons, while the PS3 crashed every couple of days if not multiple times in a single day when playing BC2 or BF3. :(
Not to mention I really do prefer the controller as well.

If it's any condolence, this is my connection and my nearest pingtest server in in the Netherlands. (I'm in Belgium)

67217800.png

Yet, I still get a terrible experience in BF3 with shots not registering and dropping dead behind walls and all those kind of things all the time.
It's clearly due to how the game is coded to calculate that stuff as it just doesn't happen in other shooters, or at least not nearly as bad as in BF3.
(the packetloss test error is due to me having flashtoclick installed so it couldn't do that test.

Rebel Leader

Yet, I still get a terrible experience in BF3 with shots not registering and dropping dead behind walls and all those kind of things all the time.
It's clearly due to how the game is coded to calculate that stuff as it just doesn't happen in other shooters, or at least not nearly as bad as in BF3.
(the packetloss test error is due to me having flashtoclick installed so it couldn't do that test.

Actually that packet loss error could be because of the site/servers because I was getting it to

burnfout

The 5 Squad Deatchmatch assignment will be the end of me.

Tried for two hours, not a single win.

When I end with 30 + kills, my teammates have 7 or 10 or something. Randoms are fucking terrible.

After 3 more hours today, I finally got it. Never ever playing that shit again.

Nori Chan

*clears throat*

BUT DID WE WINNNNNN DA GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????

*goes back to studying*

------------------
Rebel Leader/CodMaul doesn't actually troll much in game.
That being said, I'm jinxing myself to get trolled when I return from my haitus.
I know a troll when I see one

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Do you need help doing it?

Codmaul and I can help. Yes Codmaul, I offered your services without your consent. So deal with it.

Thanks for the offer... you know, I would definitely be the weak link. Some gaffers have offered to help me with it before, but I keep dodging them, so it never comes to light how embarrassingly bad I am at deathmatch modes. Shamefully bad.

I know a troll when I see one

lol... that was funny.
Cod really isn't too trollish in the games though.

dc2x

Neo Member
found a PS3 server which might be okay for anyone looking for quick SQDM wins:

[Fu2] Clanserver 2 (Admins play fair (no kick) 20%
2 player start, rotating Metro/Canals/Bazaar/Tehran

If there are enough people in need of the assignment I wouldn't mind renting a 1-3 day server, sticking the ticket count at 10/20%, switching off team balance & idle kick and just let players cheat for it

JJD

Everyone should play team deathmatch every now and then.

It helps improve your skills, reflexes etc.

I used to suck but now I can keep a constant 2.5, 3.0 K/D rate (when my ping isn't murdering me!).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just got signed off from PSN so I don't know if the lag was an issue on Sony's end.

No, apparently that's a widespread issue lately.

Faceless: I generally don't play SDM, but when I do, it's with you.

I'd rather play TDM. Doesn't rely on three others to win, just 4 others on the team that kill faster than the other team kills your team, basically.

No, apparently that's a widespread issue lately.

Faceless: I generally don't play SDM, but when I do, it's with you.

I'd rather play TDM. Doesn't rely on three others to win, just 4 others on the team that kill faster than the other team kills your team, basically.

Also wouldn't hurt to have a motion sensor up and running.

-----------

I would only ever play SDM with Farlanghn.....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also wouldn't hurt to have a motion sensor up and running.

-----------

I would only ever play SDM with Farlanghn.....

Motion sensor is too limited in the chaotic nature of TDM. Maybe in SDM but most of the maps (read: Vanilla) I've played have certain lanes and ideal paths to where you don't really need a sensor...

Motion sensor is too limited in the chaotic nature of TDM. Maybe in SDM but most of the maps (read: Vanilla) I've played have certain lanes and ideal paths to where you don't really need a sensor...

Well, here's the thing - TDM really isn't as chaotic as you think:

1)On most maps, there are certain spots people won't ever randomly spawn into:

Examples:
Kharg Island TDM -> No one ever spawns inside the building.
Norshar TDM -> US will never spawn near the train tracks (but can on the stairs). Russians will never spawn near the edge of the harbor. (ex: the little shed near the C flag/russian conquest base entrance = safe)
Tehran Highway -> US team will never spawn behind the A flag area, while the russians will never spawns pass the mid point of B/C flags.

In other words, just get a radio beacon in those territories, and you pretty much have a super safe spawn. Take Norshar example, I (as Russian) can pop a radio beacon right under the little shed near the Russian entrance - and it'll stay up for the rest of the game. You and your squad won't have to find yourself in the chaotic mess.

This also makes it less chaotic in the sense that it creates areas where it's extremely difficult to flank. It would be extremely difficult for the US side to get to the beacon without getting noticed/having people spawn right next to them.

Evolved, Dan and a few others should remember one devastating TDM game in Tehran Highway. GAF lost that game due to the exact same tactic. The enemy team had 2 good snipers + 1 mav user set up shop at one of the buildings just past the B bridge. The combination of MAV + US can't ever spawn into their spot = impossible to flank the 2 snipers (the tactic at the time would have been to retreat backward and mortar or to flank from the bottom side)

Same in Kharg: holding the building 2nd floor + motion sensor = easy picking as people rush in doors.

2)Dumb Pubs have a tendency to flock to the center:
(well, ok, GAF does it too.)

When people's spawn into TDM, their tendency is to do anything but run backwards. In other words, most of the time you are going to find people running toward the center, with 2-3 circling around the edge.

Pulling a mav up has 2 advantages. 1) The mav can just float in the center where the pubs can take out most of the pubs. 2) The mav can manually spot the people around the edges, so gaffers can take them out and essentially "spawn trap" people (very very common on norshar TDM, cause again, the US will rarely ever spawn into Russian territory )

If DICE really wanted to make it chaotic, they should have copied Nuketown from Black OPs, where the two teams switch spawn zones every so often.

Now, a big question is - "where could I possibly hide and pilot a mav around in TDM"?

That is my personal trade secret >.>

Top Bottom