• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

This is the number one reason I like BF3 better than BC2. Circle strafing was the devil.
BF3 does a few things better than BC2:
  • No circle-strafing choppers
  • No one hit kills to the body from bolt-actions (i.e. quick-scoping)
  • No ridiculous knife lunge from the front
  • Server browser
  • Squad menus
  • Team chat
Unfortunately it's the core gaming experience where BF3 falls down (on consoles).

vixlar

BF3 does a few things better than BC2:
  • No circle-strafing choppers
  • No one hit kills to the body from bolt-actions (i.e. quick-scoping)
  • No ridiculous knife lunge from the front
  • Server browser
  • Squad menus
  • Team chat
Unfortunately it's the core gaming experience where BF3 falls down (on consoles).

And no UAV. I like the MAV: it is a support gadget, not a killing machine.

Another thing, that could be good or bad: The Humvee is not a wheeled coffin anymore.

Ah, and gravity for all bullets. I remember I aimed with the scope right to the head from far away, change to magnum without moving the aim, shot, guranteed headshot.

But I miss russian voices and orders :-(

So the PS3 BF3 server I rent has stopped working. All of the server admin lists, VIP lists, and banned lists display as being empty despite having people on them. The custom map rotations have all disappeared so that we can only see the DICE ones, and if we try to add a new one it tells us we're already at the maximum. All of the server description fields are blank, and if you save anything in them they just go blank again. This began 5 days ago and our case number with EA was created but hasn't been updated since.

What should my next course of action be? EA don't seem to want to do anything about it, and why should they when we've paid them in advance for this server rental? Should I contact Sony and ask for a refund on the PSN purchase? Or is there some other way to get EA's fucking attention?

vixlar

You must have come late to BF3! :p

Yes, I started to play after MAV killing patch. And after MAV roflcopter patch.

I liked the idea of the UAV as a tracker and as rocket designator... it had some logic... but endless bullets, C4 exploit, highly resistant (it was fragile, but actually it should be destroyed with one bullet of any type) and most of time the pilot out of reach from defenders... raaage!!!

Lakitu

st5fu
I've been using a PSO-1 (4x) scope recently with my M40A5. It's amazing. I'm popping headshot and winning one-on-one battles most of the time.

tn2007

you tell us since you're playing =3

EDIT: Why are there 2 93R's?
----

Here's 1 thing BF3 does more shitty

THE FUCKING PARACHUTE

Well I just finished some games on team death match and the input lag is fixed for me. I tried a round with aim assist off and the controls felt great. It's gonna take time for me to adjust to no aim assist as I'm having trouble killing people within 5-15 meters. I'm gonna have to work on my hip firing. Anyone have tips for no aim assist?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well I just finished some games on team death match and the input lag is fixed for me. I tried a round with aim assist off and the controls felt great. It's gonna take time for me to adjust to no aim assist as I'm having trouble killing people within 5-15 meters. I'm gonna have to work on my hip firing. Anyone have tips for no aim assist?

0_0

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

oh-noes-everybody-panjvspl.gif

Evolved1

this update is taking forever to download... haha... that gif has been my last hour.

Evolved1

So here's my take on the input lag/controls (taking into consideration my long hiatus) after the update: they finally fixed it. To me it feels very close to BC2 now. As long as you have AA disabled. Turn on AA and they get gross again.

Seems like the weird acceleration issue I've had with the controls is gone. Whether it was input lag causing it, or whatever, it's gone with AA off. I am very pleased.

tn2007

So here's my take on the input lag/controls (taking into consideration my long hiatus) after the update: they finally fixed it. To me it feels very close to BC2 now. As long as you have AA disabled. Turn on AA and they get gross again.

Seems like the weird acceleration issue I've had with the controls is gone. Whether it was input lag causing it, or whatever, it's gone with AA off. I am very pleased.

I agree completely! I now can play with aim assist off and perform close to what I was doing before hand. Probably gonna take me a month to adjust and get better though. Are you gonna finally come back and play with GAF?

Evolved1

I agree completely! I now can play with aim assist off and perform close to what I was doing before hand. Probably gonna take me a month to adjust and get better though. Are you gonna finally come back and play with GAF?

Yes.

In BF3 I became fixated on piloting because the infantry combat never felt right for me. It never really clicked. I always struggled with the control lag or whatever it was. But piloting in BF3 is incredibly frustrating with all the laser targeting. So I just stopped playing.

But now I can primarily play an infantry role with occasional piloting and actually enjoy the game. It feels really good. It feels like how I originally thought BF3 would feel after the stellar BC2.

Right now I'm trying to dial in a good sensitivity, but I'm incredibly impressed with the update. They finally fixed it. Yeah BF3 has a whole laundry list of stuff that is annoying, but they fixed the controls (the core issue) and now I can see myself enjoying the game.

And this gives me renewed hope for the next Bad Company game.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This is a sign, its an omen. I can't believe it. I bought BF3 (ps3) way back but then quit cause I couldnt deal with the weird ass laggy controls. Probably my biggest let down of that year because of how hyped I was after being a massive fan of BC2.

I picked up the premium edition on black friday for $25 at best buy and figure "Shit, I want to like this so bad, I'll give it another shot and try to adjust." I just got home yesterday, havent played it yet. Today, I fire up gaf... this is the top thread. I open it up just to have a looksie and you guys are telling me they just fixed the input lag. SWEET BABY JESUS. I believe in miracles.

Evolved1

This is a sign, its an omen. I can't believe it. I bought BF3 (ps3) way back but then quit cause I couldnt deal with the weird ass laggy controls. Probably my biggest let down of that year because of how hyped I was after being a massive fan of BC2.

I picked up the premium edition on black friday for $25 at best buy and figure "Shit, I want to like this so bad, I'll give it another shot and try to adjust." I just got home yesterday, havent played it yet. Today, I fire up gaf... this is the top thread. I open it up just to have a looksie and you guys are telling me they just fixed the input lag. SWEET BABY JESUS. I believe in miracles.

You still have to keep AA disabled... and there's always the possibility your lag was caused by some other factor (like your television set) but yeah for me the controls are finally fixed.

It's most noticeable on lower sensitivities, but even when you crank it up, you can feel the difference, imo.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
You still have to keep AA disabled... and there's always the possibility your lag was caused by some other factor (like your television set) but yeah for me the controls are finally fixed.

It's most noticeable on lower sensitivities, but even when you crank it up, you can feel the difference, imo.

Cool I cant wait to try it out, hopefully I can feel the difference too. Im hoping its not an external factor cause other FPS games seem to work fine, its just BF3. Im trying to calm myself in case it doesnt work I wont be in for too huge a let down :p Oh well, gonna be a long day at work...

Good luck with that. Trying to get into BF3 now may be a little rough. There's a steep learning curve for all of the different systems in the game. That will be compounded by most people playing at breakneck speed at this point. Although, I guess there's going to be some other people who bought this on sale and are just starting off as well.

Hopefully you've played some Bad Company 2 before this? That will help a bit.

I played a little BC2, and a little of the previous Battlefield games. I'm sure the learning curve is steep, but I'm no slouch with other online shooters like Halo and Call of Duty. Granted, Battlefield is a completely different animal than those, but still, I can't imagine that I won't be able to figure it out.

Evolved1

Somehow, I have managed to get a huge cut to my left eye AGAIN.

severe abrasion to the cornea, will need 2 weeks to fully recover.

-_-

I had that happen once... but it wasn't as bad. Just a couple days. Felt like there was gravel in my eye the whole time.

Sorry bro.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
A bunch of posts on the BF3 forums saying that input lag has been fixed on HD tvs but is now rampant on SD tvs where it was fine before. Flip flopped lol.

Im on HD though. Ready to get it on, yessir cant wait!!

Nizz

This was a big problem for me in BF3. Even after that last patch where they reduced the input lag I still felt it. Plenty of times I would suddenly have an enemy pop up in front of me and me trying to track/follow him was comedy. Movement wouldn't seem to register when I pushed on the stick then suddenly kick in leading me to over aim. Your impressions on this new patch sound encouraging.

A bunch of posts on the BF3 forums saying that input lag has been fixed on HD tvs but is now rampant on SD tvs where it was fine before. Flip flopped lol.

Wow! I'm sorry but, sucks to be them. People with HD sets had to deal with this problem for over a year. I'm glad DICE finally seems to have fixed the controls.

YoungHav

Banned
Not feeling the medal nerf. I was proud working towards 300 claymore kills and they just gave it to me. This is the result of the entitlement culture republicans have been harping about. What happened to earning things and bootstraps??

The patch is live?

yep! i updated both console versions and played a bit on PS3.

Not feeling the medal nerf. I was proud working towards 300 claymore kills and they just gave it to me. This is the result of the entitlement culture republicans have been harping about. What happened to earning things and bootstraps??

the only thing i'm not feeling is m-com defender didn't get nerfed. still got half of those on deck...

jayb

I can't believe people still play on SD tvs. you can get a small HD TV or monitor for less than a PS3/360 these days.

Top Bottom