• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The cross-bow is suited for anyone. Recon with C4 has the ability to defend themselves (even if that C4 is weak), they have the ability to shoot an area to "ping" it once as a sensor arrow. Sensor is good as a support to see areas of interest or just medic to see if you can get into an area or not to revive someone. Engineer can see if a tank is around the corner or is someone is in a building before stealing a tank.

Heavy Arrows allows for better sniping, but the cross-bow still has an insane drop to balance it. It seems DICE hasn't given an overpowered weapon for once and thought the pros/cons around.

Really, you have to play with it to see if it's your thing. But still: Slot-1/Slot-2 options are a better option over it and I can't really see games being won with just cross-bow users. Certainly not in Rush where healing would be more useful in crowd control situations.

When I first used it I got a 6 or 7 killstreak.... my immediate feeling was that it was way OP. But after a couple days now it seems good-to-poor depending on the circumstances.

It's been OHK for me in most 1v1 CQB situations (not sure if the people I killed were already injured) and if it really is OHK I think that's OP... but it's not a big deal at the end of the day.

GenericUser

I am getting way more kills in a regular cq match then I did pre-patch. Is this the missing input lag or what? Anyone else experiencing the same?

It kind of sucks that you cannot prestige in BF3, I am pretty much done leveling and know there is nothing else to achieve. The medals suck imo.

Evolved1

I am getting way more kills in a regular cq match then I did pre-patch. Is this the missing input lag or what? Anyone else experiencing the same?

In BC2 I felt like I could kill anyone in 1v1 or 1v2.

In BF3 I started avoiding direct combat because winning those might as well be a dice roll. That's how it felt anyway.

Last couple days since the patch I'm back to winning my 1v1's and 1v2's. It's amazing what you can do when you can actually keep the crosshair fixed on a guy while he's moving. It used to be I just hoped I could kill in the first burst, and if it went beyond that initial burst, and the enemy juked or whatever.... I prayed that the luck gods would grant me favor, and my wild, squirrely aim correction would land the final killing shot, as opposed to painting a bullet silhouette on the wall behind the guy as he kills me.

Now I just keep the crosshair pinned on the dude all the way through. No praying involved.

Thank you, DICE.

Flashlightz still suck though.

Espresso

Banned
Is premium content attached to your PSN username or your EA account? Also, do you add players to your friends list by their PSN username or EA account?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Is premium content attached to your PSN username or your EA account? Also, do you add players to your friends list by their PSN username or EA account?

When I uninstalled the BF3 data ( I already download premium code) because close shitters was unplayable.. So I re-downloaded everything but the premium code and CQ.... was able to play AK with out re-downloading the premium code

So... I don't know

jayb

if someone currently has the limited edition BF3 that only came with b2K and has never bought premium, will they be able to buy the BF3 premium edition without losing all of their current stats or create a new origin id?

I assume once they put in the BF3 premium disc, it'll auto-unlock premium on their current origin and psn ids? Or does it come with psn codes to unlock premium?

EDIT: I think I found the answer. the premium dlc is just a PSN code.

Nizz

if someone currently has the limited edition BF3 that only came with b2K and has never bought premium, will they be able to buy the BF3 premium edition without losing all of their current stats or create a new origin id?

I assume once they put in the BF3 premium disc, it'll auto-unlock premium on their current origin and psn ids? Or does it come with psn codes to unlock premium?

EDIT: I think I found the answer. the premium dlc is just a PSN code.
For what it's worth, I had the limited edition of BF3 which had access to the Back To Karkand expansion but I traded the game in after I downloaded B2K because I couldn't deal with the controls.

Walmart had that nice Black Friday deal for BF3 premium edition for $25 so I picked it up. All I did was put the disc in, put in a code and I was set. My stats/progress was still the same. The only thing was I had to redownload B2K.

tn2007

I'll add ya waypoetic.

Couldn't join ya last night thn as I don't have premium.

That's cool, I invited you because Olimpia and I were playing with retards against a good team. Are you gonna get aftermath? The maps are really fun and I actually like playing rush on aftermath. Scavenger mode can just die, worst mode next to gunmaster. They should add conquest domination to aftermath using the scavenger mode layout like faceless said.

IMO the other gadgets are just better than the crossbow unless your playing recon. I just think the crossbow is a novelty and will get old in a month.

waypoetic

Banned
Saw a guy with the crossbow in a B2K map i was playing. Didn't follow him, but it got me thinking - if he dies, will i be able to equip the crossbow he "dropped"?

(I dont have premium or the AM-DLC)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Saw a guy with the crossbow in a B2K map i was playing. Didn't follow him, but it got me thinking - if he dies, will i be able to equip the crossbow he "dropped"?

(I dont have premium or the AM-DLC)

Yes, just like you can with DICE's M1911 Silencer Tactical Light.

You won't get kills toward the assignments since you don't own it though, IIRC.

Kak.efes

The crossbow is awful.

- Normal bolt isn't a one shot kill.
- Sensor bolt only pings once upon landing, which is hardly enough to change the balance of an altercation between several players.
- The explosive bolts damage is awful against anything that isn't light armour, and since light armour usually poses a minimal threat, why would anyone even bother with it? It also has the steepest bullet drop (arrow drop?) in the game.

Haven't got the ranged bolt, so I wont comment on it.

The thing takes forever to reload, and cycling through ammo too fast means it'll take even longer. The time vs risk/reward in using it just isn't worth it.

The crossbow is awful.

- Normal bolt isn't a one shot kill.
- Sensor bolt only pings once upon landing, which is hardly enough to change the balance of an altercation between several players.
- The explosive bolts damage is awful against anything that isn't light armour, and since light armour usually poses a minimal threat, why would anyone even bother with it? It also has the steepest bullet drop (arrow drop?) in the game.

Haven't got the ranged bolt, so I wont comment on it.

The thing takes forever to reload, and cycling through ammo too fast means it'll take even longer. The time vs risk/reward in using it just isn't worth it.

Sensor bolt should ping like 3-5 times. the other stuff... well, it can't be as good as all the stuff it replaces or nobody would use them.

TheSeks

It's useful for scouting areas ahead of you, I'd wager. The sensor works as a spot function, not a T-UGS. If you get into that mind-set of firing an arrow to spot people, it should become pretty good.

But yeah, it's highly situational and not too good.

Nizz

Christ, I'm trying to unlock the M5K but I have to finish in at least the top 5 in Gun Master to get it. I have the 100 kills needed but that mode is infuriating. The closest I have come is 6th place.

I really don't like that mode at all, it's hectic as hell and half the time I'm running around like a chicken without a head looking for someone to kill, then I'm unfortunate enough to round a corner just before I saw someone coming up behind me and boom: dead.

What sensitivity have you guys settled on? I pretty much settled on it right at the halfway point on the sens bar.

Kak.efes

Christ, I'm trying to unlock the M5K but I have to finish in at least the top 5 in Gun Master to get it. I have the 100 kills needed but that mode is infuriating. The closest I have come is 6th place.

I really don't like that mode at all, it's hectic as hell and half the time I'm running around like a chicken without a head looking for someone to kill, then I'm unfortunate enough to round a corner just before I saw someone coming up behind me and boom: dead.

What sensitivity have you guys settled on? I pretty much settled on it right at the halfway point on the sens bar.

Having played scavenger, I'm starting to think gun master was really never all that bad.

xclaw

Run a custom Gun Master filter for everything, join a map with the lowest player count and just stick with it. You'll eventually come in the top 5.

waypoetic

Banned
I like when there's a rented server, an admin who's sets rules like "no baseraping, no base stealing heli's, no teamkilling" and all those things happen and NOTHING happens from the admins part - like no kicks etc.

Lakitu

st5fu
I like when there's a rented server, an admin who's sets rules like "no baseraping, no base stealing heli's, no teamkilling" and all those things happen and NOTHING happens from the admins part - like no kicks etc.

Yep. I see this all the time. They only kick / ban when it actually happens to them, not to anyone else.

TheSeks

hold up... the SOFLAM can target RHIB boats now?

Mr Burns Excellent.mp3

If my connection is fixed tomorrow you're going Javalin duty for me on Kharg. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe now I can get that laser painted medal.

150m sniper rifle headshot down without much effort... now i need to get that 150m headshot with the XBOW... oh boy

Mr Burns Excellent.mp3

If my connection is fixed tomorrow you're going Javalin duty for me on Kharg. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe now I can get that laser painted medal.

hahahaha! i got that, but i still need 14 more laser designator kill assists for an assignment.

Evolved1

admins are such cunts... they teamstack, have every flag, but because I squad wiped them I get banned.

lol...

xclaw

So sick of the suppression effect. I know it's just beating the dead horse but I really... really do not want this in the next iteration.

TheSeks

So sick of the suppression effect. I know it's just beating the dead horse but I really... really do not want this in the next iteration.

Personally, I'm fine with it. It just needs to be made less strong than it is right now but not to where it was weak like it was at launch to where the mechanic was just broken.

jayb

the suppression effect doesn't bother me as much as the extremely blinding sun/flashlight/laser sites. Sometimes I'm even blinded by a lamp that's outside during the effing day. wtf dice!?

TheSeks

*knock on wood* Faceless, I should be on tonight. Hopefully. I'm going to test my connection to make sure but just letting you know in case it's working.

Me and you are gonna rush and rush and rush. :D!

Mr.Swag

Banned
Pistols have alway been my expertise in online shooters, so I'm loving scavenger, I don't even go looking or guns. Well only when I run out of pistol ammo. I played for like 5 hours yesterday.

TheSeks

Pistols have alway been my expertise in online shooters, so I'm loving scavenger, I don't even go looking or guns. Well only when I run out of pistol ammo. I played for like 5 hours yesterday.

You're completely outgunned with the primaries though. It's a neat idea but you have to scramble for slow-spawning guns to stand a chance against a team that has all the points.

olimpia84

thn and I are cursed. 70% of the time we play together we get thrown into the shitty team and now that Aftermath is out I'd say that percentage grew to 90%
Still, fun games last night xD

admins are such cunts... they teamstack, have every flag, but because I squad wiped them I get banned.

lol...

DICE

You're completely outgunned with the primaries though. It's a neat idea but you have to scramble for slow-spawning guns to stand a chance against a team that has all the points.

my best streak in Scavenger was with the 443! i gunned down an entire squad and then some including 3 headshot kills!

TheSeks

my best streak in Scavenger was with the 443! i gunned down an entire squad and then some including 3 headshot kills!

Yeah, and I've done pretty well pistol only as well (depending on the pistol you choose to spawn with) but single-shot pistols <<<<<<<<<<<<<< automatic SMG/Shotguns/assault rifles. Now a whole squad at a point with those >>>>>>>>>>>>> your pistol.

Evolved1

I'm online right now and playing. Any other gaffers?

I'll jump on... but I might have to make room on the FL... think it's probably full.

Also, won't have mic atm. Couple people over so I have to pretend I'm listening/paying attention to them. lol.

BoatAck

thn and I are cursed. 70% of the time we play together we get thrown into the shitty team and now that Aftermath is out I'd say that percentage grew to 90%
Still, fun games last night xD
I hope you guys are on tonight, I plan on sacrificing sleep to play a bunch.

TheSeks

I'll jump on... but I might have to make room on the FL... think it's probably full.

Also, won't have mic atm. Couple people over so I have to pretend I'm listening/paying attention to them. lol.

"Yes, mom, if you'll--JUST GET ON THE FLAG, IDIOT!"

I'll be testing my connection while playing Rush tonight. I may only do one or two rounds and I can't be on late late like I used to be since I have work in the morning. But if you guys want to play with me (and don't mind not playing Conquest) I'm free to have ya'll see me suck ass at the aim acceleration fix and rust.

*knock on wood* Faceless, I should be on tonight. Hopefully. I'm going to test my connection to make sure but just letting you know in case it's working.

Me and you are gonna rush and rush and rush. :D!

well, i have to pick someone up from the airport so that will take a 3hr+ gap out of tonight...

TheSeks

Lol... I'd prefer that situation.

BTW, what time are you playing tonight?

I'll be testing my connection as soon as I get home, so that'll be like.. 5:45-6:00-ish unless I keel over dead.

Faceless said:
well, i have to pick someone up from the airport so that will take a 3hr+ gap out of tonight...

They can call a taxi themselves, SMH. :/

I'll be testing my connection as soon as I get home, so that'll be like.. 5:45-6:00-ish unless I keel over dead.

They can call a taxi themselves, SMH. :/

1. can't do that to FAM! Grandma always looks out for me!

2. its an hour+ drive to and from Tallahasse and i don't want to imagine what a cab would cost across state lines etc, and even have my license (still only a permit) but nobody else is available!

I still need to unlock the C4 bolt. sad face.

that was super easy. 5 grenade kills? 5 GL kills? 5 C4 kills? that's all natural.

Top Bottom