• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

YoungHav

Banned
That's why, whenever possible, I play on official servers. Don't have to worry about it at all.
I try to do the same but DICE does such a crap job with official servers ever since they started selling private ones. I went back and played Close Quarters last night, not one official server. What fools.

I try to do the same but DICE does such a crap job with official servers ever since they started selling private ones. I went back and played Close Quarters last night, not one official server. What fools.

DICE has some weird new thing where you can get an official server via quickmatch if no custom server has your search parameters. i noticed this when i was doing quickmatch for squad rush and squad dm on the Aftermath maps...

Omni

When are the new maps being released on Xbox? Haven't played BF3 since ACIII/H4 was released, but might get back into it soon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I haven't gotten C4 kills yet and need one more underslung, but I need to get weapon pick-ups in SCV before I drop that mode and go back to strictly Rush.

I'm on if people want to play with me, but I'm in a full server, so shoot me an invite.

tn2007

I haven't gotten C4 kills yet and need one more underslung, but I need to get weapon pick-ups in SCV before I drop that mode and go back to strictly Rush.

I'm on if people want to play with me, but I'm in a full server, so shoot me an invite.

Do what I did and play conquest domination. C4 on flag and you will get the 5 kills quick. I know you only need one kill but it's a tip for everyone.

TheSeks

Okay, speeds back but the latency issues are still there. I'm having lag in 2-3 bar connections for what should theoretically be in the same area as I am. So I'm still MIA but getting better.

(Now I gotta hassle my IT dude at the ISP to figure out what the issue is now)

Unlocked the C4 bolt. Leaves headshots for scoped cross-bow (ugh) and the other three bolt types to unlock along with destroying a vehicle for Aftermath's achievements.

When are the new maps being released on Xbox? Haven't played BF3 since ACIII/H4 was released, but might get back into it soon.

Tuesday.

good news, i don't have to go to to the airport! just got the call when i was getting ready, someone else can go.

TheSeks

good news, i don't have to go to to the airport! just got the call when i was getting ready, someone else can go.

Sadly, my connection is still half-crap so I can't play too well and I'm going to bail out. Sorry, man. :( I really do want to play and I really want to play Rush but if I'm lagging I'm lagging and I can't do shit about that right now.

Maddocks

got all the bows and its arrows. long range is my most used because it will always fly straight compared to the other one that will drop off way faster and hit the legs. Haven t really used the scan bolt because it pretty useless. you fire it once and it only scans when it hits and its done(in my experience) and if the person is completely prone, wont pick them up.

HE bolt is so heavy you need to aim 50 feet into the air to hit someone. pretty fun, but ill take a rpg over it any day. Fun to hit choppers with though.

TheSeks

Soflam, soflam, soflam... Can anyone lock on to my soflam?

WHAT'S A SOFLAM, N00B! WE CAN LOCK ON TO
non-
AIR VEHICLES AND GROUND VEHICLES WITH OUR LOCK-ON RPG JUST FINE! PEW PEW PEW!

waypoetic

Banned
WHAT'S A SOFLAM, N00B! WE CAN LOCK ON TO
non-
AIR VEHICLES AND GROUND VEHICLES WITH OUR LOCK-ON RPG JUST FINE! PEW PEW PEW!
What.

We were playing on a server that only allowed the Javelin and the regular RPG. So, to combat with the heli's i set up Soflams for the jav's and tanks to help them lock on to the heli's.

Soflam, soflam, soflam... Can anyone lock on to my soflam?
Smurfs simply will not use Javelins to lock onto laser designated targets. You need to play with friends to have any hope there, preferably one as Engineer with Javelin and another as Support to drop ammo (since you'll chew through the Javs pretty quickly).

On that subject, many thanks to faceless for being that Javelin guy for me earlier so that I could get the 25 laser designated kill assists kicked off (needed for one of the Premium assignments). I did finally get them all a bit later in the day :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody have tips to get better at jets? I use legacy southpaw but I'm just not having any luck bar a couple of kills in a blue moon and a bunch of vehicle kill assists. I hardly get anything but I just really want to get better. I've been practicing so much. Getting really frustrated. It's about the only thing I suck at in the game right now. I see even level 3 get more jet kills than me.

Just fired up my ps3 version, cool ps+ downloaded and installed the patch for me.

I think I understand what people were saying about the input lag, it feels much better now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anybody have tips to get better at jets? I use legacy southpaw but I'm just not having any luck bar a couple of kills in a blue moon and a bunch of vehicle kill assists. I hardly get anything but I just really want to get better. I've been practicing so much. Getting really frustrated. It's about the only thing I suck at in the game right now. I see even level 3 get more jet kills than me.

Are you playing in chase view? I still suck at getting any points in jets, but since switching to third person view I'm getting better in dogfights.

Lakitu

st5fu
Are you playing in chase view? I still suck at getting any points in jets, but since switching to third person view I'm getting better in dogfights.

I mostly use third-person for flying and trying to spot enemy aircraft then switch to first-person when using my guns, but I'm still utterly incompetent at aiming and using them. Then an enemy jet will get behind me and will a) use heat seekers on me and b) gun me down, which is frustrating because I use every maneuver under the sun to get away from them. Even on a couple of occasions where I am trying to kill an enemy jet, for some reason I will overtake them and I will end up in their line of sight. I avoid using heat seekers because I really want to get better using the guns.

I decided to stop for the night but I'll give it another try tomorrow.

dc2x

Neo Member
just had the weirdest glitch right now - I was put into third person view of my squad mate while playing. I could still fire my weapon but I was following his character until I died

just had the weirdest glitch right now - I was put into third person view of my squad mate while playing. I could still fire my weapon but I was following his character until I died

Were you playing bad? I heard the game shifts camera positions if you're playing bad.

Evolved1

I mostly use third-person for flying and trying to spot enemy aircraft then switch to first-person when using my guns, but I'm still utterly incompetent at aiming and using them. Then an enemy jet will get behind me and will a) use heat seekers on me and b) gun me down, which is frustrating because I use every maneuver under the sun to get away from them. Even on a couple of occasions where I am trying to kill an enemy jet, for some reason I will overtake them and I will end up in their line of sight. I avoid using heat seekers because I really want to get better using the guns.

I decided to stop for the night but I'll give it another try tomorrow.

If you are on PS3, we can dogfight in an empty server. Help both of us get better...

That just happened to me too... I was throwing a grenade at the same moment a friendly spawned on me, and then it switched to his TPV. But I could see myself on the minimap and I was running around and stuff. He got killed and I almost revived him from an isometric view lol.

Evolved1

How do you find an empty server?

Just go into the server browser and hit left on the d-pad, it should bring up the bottom of the list.

There should be dozens and dozens of empty servers to mess around on.

Were you playing bad? I heard the game shifts camera positions if you're playing bad.

Well I was 9-0 when it hit me...

Just go into the server browser and hit left on the d-pad, it should bring up the bottom of the list.

There should be dozens and dozens of empty servers to mess around on.

Well I was 9-0 when it hit me...

Thats great! Cuz when I started the game back in november last year, trying to learn jets was a pain in the ass with no custom/empty servers and with everyone so curious with the jets.

Evolved1

Why is the gunner always BLIND?

Yup... in the tanks and stuff you can at least see the direction your gunner is oriented. Sometimes they are facing in the right direction and still won't shoot. Even after you spot the enemy! lol.

In other news, I'm starting to get where I don't trust teammates to do anything. Unless it's the regular gaffers, otherwise just stay the hell away from me, they are all bad luck. Most of my deaths come from the direction my teammates were in. I'm watching their back, only to get shot in the back over and over and over.... sigh.

Kak.efes

How do you find an empty server?

The GAF server is always empty, if it's still around.

Rant: Chopper gunners are the worst. I'm tired of going in on an area blind, only to end up getting shot out of the sky by a tank or RPG from infantry I never saw. If you're a gunner, and you're in a chopper, your left thumb should be spamming the select button. That is its only purpose people. If you're unable, or unwilling to do this, kindly remove yourself from the gunners seat.

Lakitu

st5fu
If you are on PS3, we can dogfight in an empty server. Help both of us get better...

That's a great idea, but I'm on 360 :(

Gonna try again today but it won't be my primary focus, just going to enjoy the games I join today with a little jet practice.

Evolved1

i swear 80% of the games this weekend have been a squad of GAF and 6-8 ... what's the PC word for 'retards' now? vs 12 clan dudes using team chat.

I'm so glad you joined that game on Bazaar. And then a couple others did later.

For most of the match I was doing everything I could to coax those guys into capping flags and getting into the fight. There was one guy following me around who was pretty good, but everyone else was just worthless. I'd have to charge B flag or A flag and clear it out myself before they'd finally swarm in behind for the cap. I never got too frustrated, just kept pressing, but we were losing. No way that some random and I were going to win when he was just following me around.

But then you joined, set up the beacon near A (good spot btw, I'd never thought of that) and we got the game turned around. Pretty satisfying win.

Maybe if you added me we could play together.

You're not 360? For whatever reason I thought you were on xbox.

I'm so glad you joined that game on Bazaar. And then a couple others did later.

For most of the match I was doing everything I could to coax those guys into capping flags and getting into the fight. There was one guy following me around who was pretty good, but everyone else was just worthless. I'd have to charge B flag or A flag and clear it out myself before they'd finally swarm in behind for the cap. I never got too frustrated, just kept pressing, but we were losing. No way that some random and I were going to win when he was just following me around.

But then you joined, set up the beacon near A (good spot btw, I'd never thought of that) and we got the game turned around. Pretty satisfying win.

haha, i was mainly going for sniper rifle kills that game, only coming back to cap A when the other team took it back... but hey, i unlocked that long range XBOW ammo and got a headshot kill across the parking lot at the end of the game!

TheSeks

Rant: Chopper gunners are the worst. I'm tired of going in on an area blind, only to end up getting shot out of the sky by a tank or RPG from infantry I never saw. If you're a gunner, and you're in a chopper, your left thumb should be spamming the select button. That is its only purpose people. If you're unable, or unwilling to do this, kindly remove yourself from the gunners seat.

Agreed, but if I spot the ground/tanks/priority targets you have to give me the ability to fire on them, dude. *cough cough hack hack cough*

waypoetic

Banned
EFFFFFF. I had SO many points and all of the sudden (on a "no kicks or bans!") i got kicked. Fuck this shit. I swear, there's god damn 13 year olds with their dads credit cards hosting some of these servers.

EFFFFFF. I had SO many points and all of the sudden (on a "no kicks or bans!") i got kicked. Fuck this shit. I swear, there's god damn 13 year olds with their dads credit cards hosting some of these servers.

I would send a fuckin hate message to those admins, thats what I usually do when I get kicked out for no reason.

Top Bottom