• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

DarkFlow

Banned
After coming back to this from PC BF, I have to say the ps3 community is full of cheap ass glitching fucks. Hiding in fucking tower roofs and what not. The level of play is like night and day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
After coming back to this from PC BF, I have to say the ps3 community is full of cheap ass glitching fucks. Hiding in fucking tower roofs and what not. The level of play is like night and day.

Explain. You mean out of bounds/impossible to get to buildings that you have to parachute onto? Yeah, that's bullshit but you can simply ignore those fucks and get the objectives.

TheSeks

Gotta put those big boy pants on at some point, right?

:p

Yeah, I dealt with it for a few rounds. I don't hate the mode, I just hate what it is on consoles. :/ 3-flags. :/ So boring at times.

Anyway, Faceless left and Bo joined me in Rush but it seems PS3 Rush people are doing 200% or more Rush instead of the way DICE intended: 100%. Bo and I basically won rounds easily on attack since the server was like 1 round and 200 tickets so we didn't have to worry about idiots not reviving us too much but even then we only lost like 60-100 tickets if that on the rounds per set. BORING.

JJD

MAG ran 256 players vehicles bombs and all, don't talk to me about bandwidth

BF3 could run at least 32 on ps3 if they wanted to but they don't and that's that

You can't really compare both games. MAG doesn't have destruction for example, and does anyone know if MAG actually simulates bullet physics like BF3? For all we know MAG could be using less bandwidth than BF3 even with 256 players. MAG had it's fare share of technical problems as well.

Sometimes BF3 barely runs with 24 players, imagine the nightmare it would be on consoles with 64. Hopefully next gen. will change that.

I'm pretty sure Sony has bandwidth limitations just like MS. But it's anyone guess which one is more restrictive.

And frankly I doubt MS would allow Dice/EA to release a gimped version of BF3 on the 360 if the PS3 version could really run with 32 or 64 players.

Dice went on record saying that the main cause for less players on consoles was bandwidth, but that doesn't mean it was the only one.

TheSeks

JJD

I was flying the Viper and JJD stole all my kills as my gunner xD

Every time we fly you're getting better man. You may not be on the level of BK yet, but keep doing your thing and you'll get there! That game was great.

It's way easier to gun for you than anyone else I have played with. Sometimes is hard gunning for BK because he keeps pulling crazy stunts making it hard to aim, and frankly the guy doesn't even really need a gunner on his chopper, that's just a plus. He can wreak the other team armor with his hellfire missiles alone.

The only thing you're missing is better aim on the chopper but knowing you, you will learn that in no time.

You can't really compare both games. MAG doesn't have destruction for example, and does anyone know if MAG actually simulates bullet physics like BF3? For all we know MAG could be using less bandwidth than BF3 even with 256 players. MAG had it's fare share of technical problems as well.

Sometimes BF3 barely runs with 24 players, imagine the nightmare it would be on consoles with 64. Hopefully next gen. will change that.

I'm pretty sure Sony has bandwidth limitations just like MS. But it's anyone guess which one is more restrictive.

And frankly I doubt MS would allow Dice/EA to release a gimped version of BF3 on the 360 if the PS3 version could really run with 32 or 64 players.

Dice went on record saying that the main cause for less players on consoles was bandwidth, but that doesn't mean it was the only one.

yeah, it was a long post and they also said that they tuned the graphics to match the amount of players the bandwidth would allow for, and one of the devs mentioned they also had run tests in private with "a hundred" players and it ran, not at an acceptable framerate, but it ran.

TheSeks

I'm having a hard time learning the new maps. They all just look so similar.

They're a little too open. Or maybe it's just been two years of not playing BC2 to where flanking left right and center just isn't good for me. :(

Seanspeed

Banned
They're a little too open. Or maybe it's just been two years of not playing BC2 to where flanking left right and center just isn't good for me. :(
There does seem like there's a million ways to attack any given point. It can be a little frustrating, but I think its fair at least and gives more incentive to work as a team, both offensively and defensively.

I just wish they weren't all so ORANGE. Makes every map look similar. I like distinctive looking maps.

Kak.efes

Every time we fly you're getting better man. You may not be on the level of BK yet, but keep doing your thing and you'll get there! That game was great.

It's way easier to gun for you than anyone else I have played with. Sometimes is hard gunning for BK because he keeps pulling crazy stunts making it hard to aim, and frankly the guy doesn't even really need a gunner on his chopper, that's just a plus. He can wreak the other team armor with his hellfire missiles alone.

The only thing you're missing is better aim on the chopper but knowing you, you will learn that in no time.

I don't like manoeuvring low and around obstacles (I swear I don't do it to show off), but you sort of have to since AA can lock on at all altitudes now (+ gunner flare removal, but that less so). My craziest moment in the chopper was avoiding javelins on Wake Island by passing under the bridge as they were diving on me. You could hear the explosions hitting topside. Got plenty of hate mail that round.

I should cap some screens for you guys, some of the messages I get are pretty funny.

JJD

The Aftermath maps are so good that they force bad players to flank. Every objective has 5, 6 entry points, so it's really hard to predict where the enemy will come from. There are no choke points like many vanilla maps, so it's much more difficult to hold a flag.

It makes the game harder, but more exciting IMO. I hope they are a good indication of the types of maps Dice is making for BF4. Just give us more settings. Enough deserts and city maps. Give us jungle and snow ones too.

And please pay more attention to the Rush variants. I like all Conquest maps on BF3 even the vanilla ones, but some are really not suitable for Rush IMO (Metro, Bazaar).

I don't like manoeuvring low and around obstacles (I swear I don't do it to show off), but you sort of have to since AA can lock on at all altitudes now (+ gunner flare removal, but that less so). My craziest moment in the chopper was avoiding javelins on Wake Island by passing under the bridge as they were diving on me. You could hear the explosions hitting topside. Got plenty of hate mail that round.

I should cap some screens for you guys, some of the messages I get are pretty funny.

You're great man! I've said before that as a gunner I have to adapt to your style and you're much more dynamic than Olimpia for example. That makes it harder to aim, but harder to take us down.

Olimpia knows the bread and butter really well by now, and will only improve more, but since his flying style is more conventional and conservative it's easier to predict and adapt.

I love gunning for you both, and Faceless too. It's just too much fun wreaking havoc on the enemy team from above. I'm glad we have some good pilots now. On BC2 only a few gaffers like Abu could pilot really well, sometimes we had a hard time against teams with competent pilots.

Even Hunting Beast is turning into a good jet pilot. PS3 GAF is much more well rounded now than when we were playing BC2 were we were really strong with infantry and ground vehicles but lacking more capable pilots.

TheSeks

Any of you guys playing tonight?

I'm trying to finish up grinding a little in Gravity Rush, but I guess I can hop on in an hour or so and play Rush if you want?

Edit: As for piloting, I can do it but not well. Hell, I can barely be called okay in jets. And with LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK? Forget it. I'd rather stay on the ground.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm trying to finish up grinding a little in Gravity Rush, but I guess I can hop on in an hour or so and play Rush if you want?

Edit: As for piloting, I can do it but not well. Hell, I can barely be called okay in jets. And with LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK? Forget it. I'd rather stay on the ground.

I'll play anything, hey I need you to shoot me another inv... somehow we aren't PSN friends. Pretty sure I have room on the list.

TheSeks

Can I just say I hate Aftermath? Because I really fucking hate Aftermath. :/ So many stupid anti-tank options and Markaz Monolith's second set is basically "camp at the top, since the attackers won't see you and if you can make the jump over the gap can't touch you unless they attempt to climb, and if your team catches them you're free."

Evolved1

I don't get too annoyed by this game these days... but one thing... people need to spot enemy vehicles.

That really, really helps.

Gaf usually does.

TheSeks

Great games against those 2 or 3 clans that played together. Even though we won the games by 100+ tickets it was damn tough.

Then you left and we lost a defense round (because 200 tickets on Bazaar is hilariously idiotic for Rush), but won an attack round (since they wouldn't back the Cheesemobile/AA up into their base until it was too damn late) on Norshal with 200 tickets each.

Dunno who chose that server (you?) but 1) anything above 100% is stupid, even on Conquest and 2) anything above 100% on Rush is stupid and needs to stop and 3) if you advertise your server as Rush/Conquest it should be an even load. I shouldn't have to wait 3 hours to play two rounds on my preferred mode in your mixed server. :|

As for smoke talk: Yes, it's good. But 1) duration is too short at times to where smoking areas is kinda bad even with laying two smoke in the area (due to console limitations) 2) spotting through it on BF3 and 3) takes up proper medic slot. Why carry it when I can heal my team? Yeah, they wouldn't see us, but since no one chooses to use their kit items I rather trust myself to help heal my team than them to heal me and the rest of the team.

I don't get too annoyed by this game these days... but one thing... people need to spot enemy vehicles.

Well, that and stop stacking squad perks if playing together. 3 engineers with explosive squad is WTC. It's why I yelled at you and Olimpia to switch. I knew Faceless wouldn't if I asked and I had a stupid Benny Hill chase sequence trying to knife a dude that was trying to knife our teammate. I just went "fuck it" when we reached B/C of Kharg and shot him. At that point, I noticed the squad perks and was like "why am I the only one with suppression active with no sprint (way more important than explosives at times, IMO) or ammo and three explosives? Do they think they'll get 24 explosives that way?"

Kak.efes

Need to find a server that plays 100%, with a mix of normal and Karkand maps. I'm beginning to hate conquest. Part of me wants to play armored kill rush again.

TheSeks

Need to find a server that plays 100%, with a mix of normal and Karkand maps. I'm beginning to hate conquest. Part of me wants to play armored kill rush again.

DICE Armored Kill Rush only servers have the AC-130 spawn only once a set it seems. And given it's taken down in like two minutes it might as well not be there anymore. :lol

I got two servers that are 100% Rush and have been there since rent-a-server started, but they're always populated and I doubt they'd enjoy GAF making it their servers.

Evolved1

Well, that and stop stacking squad perks if playing together. 3 engineers with explosive squad is WTC. It's why I yelled at you and Olimpia to switch. I knew Faceless wouldn't if I asked and I had a stupid Benny Hill chase sequence trying to knife a dude that was trying to knife our teammate. I just went "fuck it" when we reached B/C of Kharg and shot him. At that point, I noticed the squad perks and was like "why am I the only one with suppression active with no sprint (way more important than explosives at times, IMO) or ammo and three explosives? Do they think they'll get 24 explosives that way?"

Yeah I'm guilty of this. I realize stacking team perks is really stupid... but I have my loadouts for particular kits. It's a pain in the butt switching them around sometimes. I switch my kit during a match depending on the flow of the game, or the spawning circumstances. That probably does more to benefit the team than (outweighs) any particular squad perk.

I like having the benefits of the other guys' perks, but then there are those times I go to throw my second grenade and it's not there, because someone switched or whatever... that shit can get you killed.

For instance, if I'm running claymores, I have extra expl on by default, at all times. Someone else can change. Maybe not the best teamplay attitude, but it is what it is.

Assault I usually look to see what's best for the squad, since I don't have a real preference with assault. But the other kits I'm pretty set in my ways about. And I did switch when you asked me. Sorry you had to deal with a slow-ass XMB message to get the request across, but yeah... like I said if I'm assault I usually check the perks before spawning. But that's the only class I do it for, and only sometimes.

seriously, spotting vehicles is like night and fucking day when playing with GAF vs with randoms.

Was in a RUSH game with Seks on one of the new maps (don't know their names yet) and we're on attack. It's been pretty tricky. First set was a decent fight, and the next set we got with barely any tickets left. (actually maybe that was a different match I'm thinking about and we were only on the second set) Anyway, we're getting low on tickets and need something to happen. Tank spawns. Great. I'm piloting, seks is gunner, we should at least be able to get a little pressure on the crates and hopefully our teammates can arm -- they really were trying to arm, but weren't able to break through. So, we'll drive the armor in there, pop smoke and hopefully get a crate armed. Great so I'm driving up the main road toward the crates, but it's a hill that I cannot see over. I come over the top of the hill and take a tank shell right to the grill. The fucking tank is just sitting there! No one spotted the goddamn thing. I reverse and of course forget there's an inescapable ditch behind me that I get stuck in. Fucking lose the tank like a retard because it's stuck in the geometry. Meanwhile we're bleeding tickets, I basically just wasted our last chance to attack with some armor, and we soon lose the match. I feel like it's my fault. But really... PEOPLE, SPOT THEIR VEHICLES!!!! Arrgh!

:lolcries

TheSeks

I reverse and of course forget there's an inescapable ditch behind me that I get stuck in. Fucking lose the tank like a retard because it's stuck in the geometry. Meanwhile we're bleeding tickets, I basically just wasted our last chance to attack with some armor, and we soon lose the match. I feel like it's my fault. But really... PEOPLE, SPOT THEIR VEHICLES!!!! Arrgh!

:lol You should've just bailed from the tank at that point. I got out and under the tank to repair, got back in to try to get the people hitting us with RPG's but couldn't. One C4 dude under the tank that saw me do it, I guess later and we were done.

What really lost us the round that time was we were 2-3 tickets left, I get close to A (I think it was the last crate of that set left) and before I can get close to arm, two people spawn one of which was on me (you?) and so with 0 tickets left, we lose. If someone had waited, I could've armed the crate and sent the crate into overtime where everyone rushed the crate to keep them off it with 0 tickets left to where spawning wouldn't have lost the game unless they disarmed.

Evolved1

That entire thing was just so much fail for me... I was like omg I have a gaffer as a gunner and he's even a repair-enabled engineer!

Such a hopeful beginning only to end in abject failure and shame.

What really lost us the round that time was we were 2-3 tickets left, I get close to A (I think it was the last crate of that set left) and before I can get close to arm, two people spawn one of which was on me (you?) and so with 0 tickets left, we lose. If someone had waited, I could've armed the crate and sent the crate into overtime where everyone rushed the crate to keep them off it with 0 tickets left to where spawning wouldn't have lost the game unless they disarmed.

May have been me... cannot recall. I don't really remember you being right on the crate though. Hard to recall but I feel like I watched the game end from the spawn screen... I don't think I spawned in the last seconds. Not because I was being strategic, I just didn't have a ticket iirc.

edit: actually yes I did spawn, now I remember I died trying to jump the rubble on the corner and arm the crate.

olimpia84

Dunno who chose that server (you?) but 1) anything above 100% is stupid, even on Conquest and 2) anything above 100% on Rush is stupid and needs to stop and 3) if you advertise your server as Rush/Conquest it should be an even load. I shouldn't have to wait 3 hours to play two rounds on my preferred mode in your mixed server. :|

I chose the server but the description said 100%
Conquest 200% is a bit long but tolerable, Rush 200% is only fine when you're attacking but defending is a drag and impossible against good teams.

Lakitu

st5fu
No one should feel bad about getting their vehicles stuck in geometry.

I remember it was down to the last M-COM in Noshahr Rush and me and a buddy were using the AMTRAC. He was getting lots of good kills and I was driving that behemoth. I decided to be clever and drove into the canal but it flipped upside down in the water then we lost the game. Felt bad, man.

Lakitu

st5fu
But did both of you drown?

Nah, we got out, but we were still floaters by the end of it. Easy pickings for the other team to kill us in the water.

Just had a pretty damn good game on Armored Shield. Went 14-7 and decided to run the game as a sniper (my favourite: M40A5 with 12x scope and single pull bolt) whilst capping objectives. Most of my team were either pre-occupied with AA vehicles or left. By the end of the game there was only a couple of us left in our squad and the enemy team had pretty much capped all the flags / had our team spawn trapped. So I set up a spawn beacon right near C and D in a little house. The last 15 minutes of the game was a pretty awesome game of cat and mouse as I kept on capping D and a whole pissed off squad of assaults were after me because I kept on taking them out. It was hilarious. As soon as they had their back turned or just as they would get on an ATV, I would snipe them and then cap the objective.

Shame most of the randoms in the game didn't put as much effort into capping objectives. We started off well but the other team completely overran us. Oh well.

Top Bottom