• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That FOG clan rush server is full of idiocy.

They want no camping, so I put a SOFLAM down, find a safe place to park for a minute to scope areas out. Spot, spot, get up to go to B since my team is arming and... kick.

They might as well say "no recons" but they are fucking wusses.

This is the SECOND time they've kicked me. Shitty admins and shitty server rules that the shitty server filter lets them get around and be put on softcore's filter since they have certain rules to where "rules_id_nominimap" or whatever shows up instead of "normal/hardcore" to where they can get on the softcore/normal server filter.

TheSeks

Epicenter is totally stupid. :/

On the bright side, the blinding rage I had for people not sacrificing the goddamn tank to take one of their armors out on Strike at Karkand gave me at least 6-12 kills in a futile attempt to stop their swarming after they armed B third set. But then I was truly pissed and sacrificing myself on those tanks. They stupidly brought them into the building where I could reach them. If they went the other way, we'd have been screwed because I wouldn't have been able to "sneak up"/C4 them. :(

Kak.efes

Driving the Phoenix on Azadi Palace into a dead end, and seeing everyone dejectedly leave, LOL. I laughed hard at that. I think JJD was about to say WHO THE FUCK IS THIS DRUNK, but he realized it was a fellow gaffer, and refrained.

I also drowned a Sprut in a backyard pool, and Seks yelled at me for dying in a tank.

I was an all around pro tonight.

TheSeks

You finally made it to the big time if I'm yelling at you.

But no, really: On Strike at Karkand defense there's a point where you have to be flanking their armor to prevent their armor from reinforcing them for the ground troops to arm. That's why I'm sure I got a bunch of "what the fuck is he doing!?" while I'm rushing the tanks that are coming at us. But flanking them, hitting them twice in the ass to disable panics them. Thereby having engineers pop-out to try to repair giving the defense time to kill the tanks (or hopefully I take them out like I did a few times in a dying tactic).

Yeah, the tanks reinforcing our team is nice, but at the same time they have two. You know?

That third set probably would've been lost still, but I wanted to get in the tank but you beat me to piloting it. Otherwise I would've went up instead of staying at B and tried to take their tank out.

BoatAck

Lol no, I just been changing my pc name. I'm trying to think of a PC name that I like.

That's good. I kinda figured it was still you since there wasn't a drop off in you topping the scoreboard in the matches played. Here is my suggestion: xXEliteSn1perZ420Xx

1SXi0.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

in case anyone is wondering about that '10 kills without dying' item for the Rambo assignment, it's 10 kills *ON FOOT* and kills you make while in a vehicle don't count.

for a while i was wondering why i couldn't get it to work on 360 since i got it on PS3 and i decided to google dat and see if it was some sort of bug... nope, just some sort of error in the description.

in case anyone is wondering about that '10 kills without dying' item for the Rambo assignment, it's 10 kills *ON FOOT* and kills you make while in a vehicle don't count.

for a while i was wondering why i couldn't get it to work on 360 since i got it on PS3 and i decided to google dat and see if it was some sort of bug... nope, just some sort of error in the description.

What if you've been revived?

moment of the night
Azadi Palace - Conquest

"he's in the bitch corner"

despite never hearing that before i instantly know what base and corner the enemy is located at

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played a little CQD this morning... mode is pretty fun but C4 all over the flags while some loser hides in a corner gets a bit old after awhile.

Lol... at "bitch corner". You didn't even have to say the name of the map haha...

JJD

Faceless what about the 5 multi kills?

I already have the 10 kills without dying assignment, but zero 5 multi kills...

Last week I got 3 guys with a single noob tube grenade on Metro...no multi kill... :-(

TheSeks

Last week I got 3 guys with a single noob tube grenade on Metro...no multi kill... :-(

C4 in CQDM and you should get that easy if people are still playing that shitty mode/maps.

Otherwise C4 Amtracks and hope people are mass spawning on that.

its 4 or more for multi, 3 is triple. i've only gotten 1 multi kill so far since the assignment has been active :(

full scout choppa!

C4 in CQDM and you should get that easy if people are still playing that shitty mode/maps.

Otherwise C4 Amtracks and hope people are mass spawning on that.

speaking of that, i need to hit up CQDM for the WXP

moment of the night
Azadi Palace - Conquest

"he's in the bitch corner"

despite never hearing that before i instantly know what base and corner the enemy is located at

What else could it be called?

My favorite thing about the Bitch Corner is that you can trap your teammates in it by standing in the entrance. There's nothing they can do to squeeze their way out, their only option is to kill themselves. This was particularly entertaining when I did it to Hostile :)

JJD

That's a good tactic Seks! I'll try it!

its 4 or more for multi, 3 is triple. i've only gotten 1 multi kill so far since the assignment has been active :(

That's fucking ridiculous. So I gotta kill 1/3 of the enemy team (on consoles!) in less than 10 seconds for it to unlock? I'm sure this is much easier on PC.

Dice people are just not paying attention.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm not ashamed to admit I've hid in the bitch corner multiple times whilst capping that flag. Set T-ugs by the stairs and watch the entrance from the main stairs, it's good.

That's a good tactic Seks! I'll try it!

That's fucking ridiculous. So I gotta kill 1/3 of the enemy team (on consoles!) in less than 10 seconds for it to unlock? I'm sure this is much easier on PC.

Dice people are just not paying attention.

0.8 seconds between kills, so within 2.4 seconds max. or at lest thats what i read on a battlelog thread...

JJD

This is ridiculous.

Backrage 5 guys on tunnels between C and B. Three kills with a single mag dump of the AEK, the other 2 with my pistol, then in quick succession threw a grenade on the garage spawn of B, more 2 kills...and yet no multi kill award...

WTF!

I can't time that shit, I won't play the game with a fucking chronometer by my side but it didn't take more than 15 seconds between all the 7 kills...it was the only flag the enemy had and their whole team was there. Each kill took roughly 2.1 seconds if you time everything. I know Faceless said 0.8 seconds between kills, but at least on consoles this assignment is not a matter of skill, but of luck and I hate that.

This game was great by the way, joined in the middle with almost even tickets, with a slight advantage to the enemy team, but we were spawn trapped. Slowly proceeded to capture C, then B and finally A, 10 players from the enemy team left! Bwa-hahaha!

The zerg mentality of the average BF player is amazing...why the fuck people stay stationary next to 3 other teammates and don't even bother watching their back? Why do they feel compelled to march to their deaths on every choke point on the maps?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I tried to join you on a server... and when I finally got in I was on the other team... but the server was 500% metro/bazaar.

lol... threw up in my mouth a little.

I tolerate those maps in the normal rotation... but I couldn't play a meat-grinder server like that.

JJD

I tried to join you on a server... and when I finally got in I was on the other team... but the server was 500% metro/bazaar.

lol... threw up in my mouth a little.

I tolerate those maps in the normal rotation... but I couldn't play a meat-grinder server like that.

Haha, sorry about that, trying to reach lvl. 100! The guys are playing right now I'll be back in a couple minutes!

Have you tried the AEK yet?

TheSeks

0.8 seconds between kills, so within 2.4 seconds max. or at lest thats what i read on a battlelog thread...

It's still pretty bullshit since squads should (hopefully) be spread out and most teammates are going to be spread out as well. Unless you get lucky at chokepoints and explosive bleed four enemies, JJD is right: It's a matter of luck. I can get double/triple-kills at times, but quad/multi? Forget it.

RUSH is complete garbage in BF3.

i'm missing BFBC2 RUSH. C4 damage to MCOM was awesome.
now because there's no damage the defending team just c4 spams the mcom free from impunity, its so fucking irritating bullshit.

TheSeks

i'm missing BFBC2 RUSH. C4 damage to MCOM was awesome.
now because there's no damage the defending team just c4 spams the mcom free from impunity, its so fucking irritating bullshit.

Throw grenade in area->C4 gone->???? PROFIT.

Working as a team is why BF3's Rush is better than BC2's. The issue is the maps lop-side toward defense more than C4ing objectives.

Because really, you could say the same damn thing about BC2/BF3's Conquest. "BAWWW C4 ON FLAGS IS CHEAP AS SHIT."

Throw grenade in area->C4 gone->???? PROFIT.

Working as a team is why BF3's Rush is better than BC2's. The issue is the maps lop-side toward defense more than C4ing objectives.

problem is most team mates are morons. BFBC2 had much better squad play because its easier to coordinate tactics with 4 ppl. coordinating with 12 not that easy nor fun for that matter.

sure BF3 is a more "realistic" game but BC2 is a more fun game(mostly). I'd rather have fun.

Because really, you could say the same damn thing about BC2/BF3's Conquest. "BAWWW C4 ON FLAGS IS CHEAP AS SHIT."

in most scenarios you don't have to actually go up to the flag to raise and lower it, CQ maps being the exception. so no, C4 on flags not as irritating or prevalent as MCOM's.

problem is most team mates are morons. BFBC2 had much better squad play because its easier to coordinate tactics with 4 ppl. coordinating with 12 not that easy nor fun for that matter.

sure BF3 is a more "realistic" game but BC2 is a more fun game(mostly). I'd rather have fun.

in most scenarios you don't have to actually go up to the flag to raise and lower it, CQ maps being the exception. so no, C4 on flags not as irritating or prevalent as MCOM's.

Plus those emplaced machine guns with shields, landscaping trees with c4, destruction 2.0...

BFBC2 rush was awesome.

olimpia84

sorry boa for not joining but we were playing on that cwa server and we were in a similar situation. Some tough matches tonight but we managed to win them all except one.

JJD

sorry boa for not joining but we were playing on that cwa server and we were in a similar situation. Some tough matches tonight but we managed to win them all except one.

We lost another one after you left. Our team sucked badly, but the other team was not that good either...still we were not able to make a difference. And I got kicked almost at the end of the game.

It pisses me sooo much when we lose to shitty teams...

I mean, I obviously don't like losing, but I accept it when we play against better teams. I try to learn from those games.

But when we lose to teams that are not that good it just makes me rage...

Sorry for all that whining and bitching guys... :-(

Got a hate message tonight. Love it! I killed a guy at the B flag at Seine when he came charging at me around a corner (I may have also killed him just before that, but I didn't pay attention to the name). Suddenly, I'm kicked and banned from the server. I sent him a message: cry more. He sent me a voice message: "Hey, guess what? Go fuck yourself. Have fun finding a new room, faggot."

It's always nice when they leave messages like that, because reporting them for it is that much more delicious.

BoatAck

No problem. I was going to join you guys when I logged on, but there were 2 people in queue. So I joined someone else on my friends list and got involved in a serious grudge match. We were outnumbered by 3-5 people and I was really getting pissed. Also, I really dislike the Aftermath maps aside from Markaz. B2K and vanilla are still tops.

Overdoziz

Banned
So who plays with 360 BFGAF regularly? I'd love to get in on the action, playing alone only goes so far. My gamertag is Overdoz1z, feel free to add me if you want to. Please mention that you're from GAF, though.

So who plays with 360 BFGAF regularly? I'd love to get in on the action, playing alone only goes so far. My gamertag is Overdoz1z, feel free to add me if you want to. Please mention that you're from GAF, though.

I'll send you a FR when I sign on. Be ready to communicate.

JJD

Steal enemy LAV on Karkand rush...proceed to fuck the whole enemy team up...

BANNED! Hahaha!

We were too good for then Boa! =)

Top Bottom