• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

BoatAck

I left right after you guys did. It would suck if your ban is permanent, since that's one of the few servers I actually enjoy playing on. A mix of rush, CQ, and CQA infantry karkand maps.

Yeah, I just saw the battle report, the team we were on lost. Banned is banned permanently unless the admin removes us from the ban list, which I doubt. I think it was Chanmplo007 that banned us. That was such bullshit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I left right after you guys did. It would suck if your ban is permanent, since that's one of the few servers I actually enjoy playing on. A mix of rush, CQ, and CQA infantry karkand maps.

What server? That FoG server? The one I got kicked from twice now?

JJD

Server admins. are the worst thing to happen to console BF since bandwidth limits.

I was banned from a server with Boa earlier today for kicking too much ass.

Joined a game later tonight, only realized it was a hardcore server when I accidentally killed a teammate. There was no indication on the server name that this was a hardcore server, mini map was still enabled.

Joined another game, my team is steam rolling a bunch of low level players so I decided to quit, joined another one and my team was getting spawn trapped, so I left. (Nothing to to with admins., but still...)

Joined a third game still in the beginning. Went directly to B on Bazaar. Captured the flag, killed a few baddies, was on top of the scoreboard...SWITCHED! Decided to stay on the game, played some more and eventually my new team got all the flags, I was still on top of the scoreboard, grabbed the LAV killed more guys...SWITCHED AGAIN!!! PM the admin. he answered only "Team Balancing". I left the game.

Joined a fourth one, as soon as the loading screen appeared I was greeted by the following message: "Play fair, real players don't play medic/assault. Medic/Assault =BAN. Don't be a surprise!". Left the game again.

I think I should quit for tonight.

TheSeks

Joined a fourth one, as soon as the loading screen appeared I was greeted by the following message: "Play fair, real players don't play medic/assault. Medic/Assault =BAN. Don't be a surprise!". Left the game again.

Finally... I've been waiting for this moment to bust this .gif out:

21fVP.gif

Seriously, WTF at that shit?

Also you can tell if a server is hardcore in the softcore filter by "Preset: ID_NO_MINIMAP_HDCORE" or something like that. Just look, it won't be "Normal/Hardcore" on that. The fact the server browser allows that shit pisses me off more than the shitty admins/servers being able to be put on it.

I just want 100% SOFTCORE Rush-only servers, DICE. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT A PAIN IN THE ASS FOR THE FILTER TO NOT GIVE ME THAT?

I don't think I will ever understand why everyone here thinks Bad Company 2 was better than Battlefield 3. I am having way more fun with 3.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't think I will ever understand why everyone here thinks Bad Company 2 was better than Battlefield 3. I am having way more fun with 3.

R3c8y.gif

---

1. For me hitting select/back always worked and the enemy appeared on everyone's screen. In BF3 I hear the audio but no one else sees the enemy
2. Parachutes actually work
3. No sudden loss of health 70% or greater from failing less than 10 feel
4. the lag from when the gun is fired to when the guy gets hit is much shorter in BC
5. BF3 trying to be more "realistic"
6. NO ADMINS
7. NO ADMINS
8. NO ADMINS
9. NO ADMINS
10. No driving on ice in tanks
11. Sniper rifles were actually useful
12. VADS
13. Maps
14. Bad luck? What's that?

http://i.imgur.com/R3c8y.gif[IMG]

---

1. For me hitting select/back always worked and the enemy appeared on everyone's screen. In BF3 I hear the audio but no one else sees the enemy
2. Parachutes actually work
3. No sudden loss of health 70% or greater from failing less than 10 feel
4. the lag from when the gun is fired to when the guy gets hit is much shorter in BC
5. BF3 trying to be more "realistic"
6. [B]NO ADMINS[/B]
7. [B]NO ADMINS[/B]
8. [B]NO ADMINS[/B]
9. [B]NO ADMINS[/B]
10. No driving on ice in tanks
11. Sniper rifles were actually useful
12. VADS
13. Maps
14. Bad luck? What's that?[/QUOTE]

The biggest things I hated from Bad Company 2 were Magnum Ammo and circle tactics in the helicopter. The lag seems about the same for me. Sniper rifles seem about the same as well. The maps are different but aren't any better or any worse. Bad Company 2 maps seemed to favor rush while Battlefield 3 seem to favor Conquest. I also only play on official servers so I never deal with admins. Maybe it's just, I found the ways to avoid the biggest problems in Battlefield 3 while the biggest problems were unavoidable in Bad Company 2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Three things in BF3 that cause me the most pain and suffering:

1. Lock-on everything. God do I despise this part of the game.
  2. Surface of the sun flashlights, and ridiculous laser dazzle.
  3. Jet ramming cunts.

Otherwise, this is a pretty amazing game. I prefer the gunsway (especially during the sprinting animation) so much more in BC2, but it's just an annoyance in BF3. Can't really hold it against the game too much, even though I did initially.

Overdoziz

Banned

3. Jet ramming cunts.

Otherwise, this is a pretty amazing game. I prefer the gunsway (especially during the sprinting animation) so much more in BC2, but it's just an annoyance in BF3. Can't really hold it against the game too much, even though I did initially.
Now that you mention it, it's been an incredibly long time since the last time I saw a flashlight. It's really become non-issue for me.

I really miss the M136 AT4, though. It was so incredibly satisfying hitting a chopper with it.

Now that you mention it, it's been an incredibly long time since the last time I saw a flashlight. It's really become non-issue for me.

I really miss the M136 AT4, though. It was so incredibly satisfying hitting a chopper with it.

i'm seeing flashlights a lot in Scavenger. people equipping handguns with flashlights for DAT EXTRA EDGE

Overdoziz

Banned
i'm seeing flashlights a lot in Scavenger. people equipping handguns with flashlights for DAT EXTRA EDGE
Meh, I rarely play Scavenger. Spawning with a Pistol is annoying as fuck if you keep getting gunned down by people who happened to spawn close to a powerful weapon. Now, if you spawned with at least an PDW or Assault Rifle with more powerful weapons littered across the map I could maybe get into it.

JJD

If they want a gimmick they would do much better picking a handgun with a laser sight like the G17C for the hip fire bonus IMO.

And you can still blind your enemy team mate with it! =D

3. Jet ramming cunts.

Kind of agree with your list. BF3 seems like an unbalanced game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. It's like they release a perk, than release a perk to counter the first, and so on and so on... I'm suprised they don't have a sunglasses perk to counter the lights/lasers yet.

Meh, I rarely play Scavenger. Spawning with a Pistol is annoying as fuck if you keep getting gunned down by people who happened to spawn close to a powerful weapon. Now, if you spawned with at least an PDW or Assault Rifle with more powerful weapons littered across the map I could maybe get into it.
I didn't realize until later that there's an ammo crate placed somewhere on each Scavenger map. So from then on, I just find a gun I like and head for the ammo crate.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just got 51 kills with M40A5 on Seine Crossing conquest. That thing is such a beast, my favourite sniper rifle by far (2331 kills with it and counting). We lost the game though which is pitiful considering we had 3 colonels and a better ranking team. I and a couple of others were pretty much the only ones capping objectives while the rest were just duking it out over the back streets flag.

Just got 51 kills with M40A5 on Seine Crossing conquest. That thing is such a beast, my favourite sniper rifle by far (2331 kills with it and counting). We lost the game though which is pitiful considering we had 3 colonels and a better ranking team. I and a couple of others were pretty much the only ones capping objectives while the rest were just duking it out over the back streets flag.

How many tickets?

Why does Have At You's status say "Conquests the ramps at Sharper table"? (I think it was Sharper, may have been Sherpa or something similar.) Anyone else see that?

Lakitu

st5fu
With the other slot empty? How do you use a 12x scope effectively on Seine CQ?

Yep, sometimes I use laser sight but I've found that to be more distracting than useful for some reason. I don't even bother with a supressor.

I can't use 8x or 7x scope at all, I'm useless with them probably because I'm so used to 12x and how much drop it requires and it's range.

As for using 12x scope on Seine, there are a couple of long roads that people just love running up and down on so I'll fall back and start getting some headshots. Also lots of people are using the interiors and start shooting from there, so that's another great place to line up shots. Outside (C), near the RU deployment is a good place to get line up shots (but have to be careful of getting flanked if you're US) and the alleyway between Narrow Passage and Market Avenue is a great place because there are people running down there nearly all the time. I used T-ugs when capping objectives aswell which gave me enough time time to counter-attack. I guess I was just being a more aggressive sniper than usual, I died 31 times in the process.

burnfout

How do Chopper unlocks work? If I have unlocked all the unlocks and my friend is gunner with me but has no unlocks of his own, does he get my gunner setup?

TheSeks

How do Chopper unlocks work? If I have unlocked all the unlocks and my friend is gunner with me but has no unlocks of his own, does he get my gunner setup?

No. He needs to score up to get unlocks for himself to use.

Evolved1

Did they remove the gunner loadouts altogether?

The other day I wanted to change my gunner loadout back to thermal imaging, like I used to have... and it's... gone.

0_o

TheSeks

Nope. It's still there, you have to go into the attack chopper loadout to see it.

Evolved1

Nope. It's still there, you have to go into the attack chopper loadout to see it.

I'm actually referring to tank gunner... I can't get the thermal to work... and I don't see a separate gunner loadout for tanks that iirc used to be there?

Evolved1

Any of you guys ever use the cockpit view while being the gunner in a chopper?

You cannot shoot from this view, but when pilots like me are flying real low to the ground, you can't really see shit from the targeting cam... it would be really helpful if the gunner would spot from the cockpit (since you can see all around) until we got into a combat scenario.

This is mostly only important when leaving the spawn, but as a pilot I'm super paranoid until I can locate the other team's AH... but I have to actually turn the bird to see peripherally (even using dpad look turns the chopper) but from my time in the gunner seat, I know you can spot really easily from cockpit.

It's not a huge deal, but if the pilot has you so low to the ground you can't see anything anyway... maybe pop into cockpit and help spot until you get a bit of altitude or start engaging tanks/whatever.

I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall having a loadout for the gunner seat in a tank.

I could be wrong about the individual loadout for gunner... but I'm certain I used to have thermal as the gunner. In fact, I can even recall driving my tank in thermal! (pretty sure they removed this though)

Any of you guys ever use the cockpit view while being the gunner in a chopper?

You cannot shoot from this view, but when pilots like me are flying real low to the ground, you can't really see shit from the targeting cam... it would be really helpful if the gunner would spot from the cockpit (since you can see all around) until we got into a combat scenario.

This is mostly only important when leaving the spawn, but as a pilot I'm super paranoid until I can locate the other team's AH... but I have to actually turn the bird to see peripherally (even using dpad look turns the chopper) but from my time in the gunner seat, I know you can spot really easily from cockpit.

It's not a huge deal, but if the pilot has you so low to the ground you can't see anything anyway... maybe pop into cockpit and help spot until you get a bit of altitude or start engaging tanks/whatever.

I change to cockpit view as a gunner as often as I can to help with spotting, but there's usually something going on that prevents me from doing it more frequently.

I could be wrong about the individual loadout for gunner... but I'm certain I used to have thermal as the gunner. In fact, I can even recall driving my tank in thermal! (pretty sure they removed this though)

Thermal Optics is still there for the driver.

Evolved1

Thermal Optics is still there for the driver.

0_0 wtf am i doing wrong!?

I change to cockpit view as a gunner as often as I can to help with spotting, but there's usually something going on that prevents me from doing it more frequently.

Yeah, it can be a detriment too... since you cannot fire from cockpit. It's just the few times when I'm all paranoid, basically flying a few feet off the ground, I'm wondering if my gunner is trying to help me locate the enemy AH or if they're just getting dizzy staring into the ground lol.

JJD

There are no unlocks for the tank gunners.

You could stack some of the unlocks, like if the driver had reactive armor and the gunner proximity, the proximity would stay enabled even if the gunner left the tank. This is not possible anymore.

Tank gunners can only zoom in, there is no thermal vision to tank gunners.

Top Bottom