• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Caspian is too big for twenty four players. It has its moments, but like Firestorm, you go 2-6, or 1-0, and still win MVP with two thousand points. It's just stupid. Firestorm is a big map, but you only have altercations in three separate self contained areas that all look the same. It's lazy map design.

Maybe in Conquest, but on Rush it's fine. It allows the players to sneak around. While the defense has to stay close to the crates to catch sneakers. I enjoy it for that reason, there's no "action packed" moments and you have some nice lulls. The only part of the map I hate is the final push/RU spawn in Conquest where you have to hoof it like three miles to the final set.

Maybe in Conquest, but on Rush it's fine. It allows the players to sneak around. While the defense has to stay close to the crates to catch sneakers. I enjoy it for that reason, there's no "action packed" moments and you have some nice lulls. The only part of the map I hate is the final push/RU spawn in Conquest where you have to hoof it like three miles to the final set.

Speaking of Rush, Capsin second set is one of the more nerve wrecking places to defend.

Since the buildings/forest do not provide a good view of oncoming attackers, you'll rarely have randoms to stand around and defend. Then there's the dumb issue of the 2 m-coms being practically lined up as a straight line, which makes it easy rocketing runs for good jet pilots.

TheSeks

Speaking of Rush, Capsin second set is one of the more nerve wrecking places to defend.

Since the buildings/forest do not provide a good view of oncoming attackers, you'll rarely have randoms to stand around and defend. Then there's the dumb issue of the 2 m-coms being practically lined up as a straight line, which makes it easy rocketing runs for good jet pilots.

Yeah, but on the converse those treets and rocks provide good sneaking ability if you avoid the hot zones. Again: That's why I prefer it, it's a nice forest map that allows you (on consoles) to sneak around and set up attacks and have the defense have to play a close/tight game to defend.

Whereas on Aftermath it's basically "break their line and swarm swarm swarm LOLZ!" Who finds that shit fun? Swarming is too hectic and doesn't allow the defense a chance to beat them back and then watch the holes, damn it.

When do you guys usually play? I added GAF BF3 on the Xbox.
6 pm - 10 pm Pacific Standard Time. All communication takes place in party chat and does not conform to GAF TOS standards. We're not as active here because it's mostly covered in the party.

I've never played on PS3 but judging from their comments, I'd say our games are a tad bit more relaxed. Usually the only person being berated is me because I prioritize revives over kills, disarming mcoms, etc. Sorry for valuing human life, guys!

Almost everybody here is on the PS3, except for Faceless, who plays on both, and Odysseus who always struck me as the out of place, red headed step child of the console thread.
indeed, we got young blood Overdoziz outposting bean breath and adamsappel. i quit telling people on 360 to post more a long time ago. but we still play every night.

6 pm - 10 pm Pacific Standard Time. All communication takes place in party chat and does not conform to GAF TOS standards. We're not as active here because it's mostly covered in the party.

I've never played on PS3 but judging from their comments, I'd say our games are a tad bit more relaxed. Usually the only person being berated is me because I prioritize revives over kills, disarming mcoms, etc. Sorry for valuing human life, guys!
i have no idea why some people would be angered by top notch healthcare service in the field.

i have no idea why some people would be angered by top notch healthcare service in the field.
I have no idea, I'm grateful even for just a few extra seconds of battlefield goodness.

"Kill any nearby enemies, make sure the coast is clear, and then you have my permission to revive me. "

Jeez, isn't the gift of life enough? Do you want me to come over and play the game for you too? Sheesh, you have a pistol, use it.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'm glad revives are anonymous :)

TheSeks

Jeez, isn't the gift of life enough? Do you want me to come over and play the game for you too? Sheesh, you have a pistol, use it.

*shoots you and then shoots the person you just revived before they have a chance to react to "yes/no" prompt.*
This has happened to me plenty of times, want to see kill cam to see a sniper, get revived before I can see the killcam, get faced direction the medic was facing (generally away from sniper) get yes/no prompt, get sniped again before standing since the invulnerability is fucked

Thanks for the two kills, bro!

(This is why people hate people that revive in the middle of a gunfight. Yes, the battlefield is hectic, but if you saw someone die in the middle of a gun fight and that enemy is still alive, WHY THE HELL would you revive them without taking out the dude first?)

TheSeks

Yes/no prompt? Wtf are you talking about? lol

"X/O"

"X: Yes/Get up"
"O: No/Choose another class."

Press X to stand (and get shot while this prompt is up so it's mostly useless even if you didn't fire your gun before it as a reaction)

Hold O to "die"/non-revive and choose your class.

Basically, if you see someone die and a medic comes and revives them. You can shoot the dude that was just revived before they have a chance to react to the yes/no prompt (since there's no invulnerability there apparently) and then shoot the medic quickly before they react on you.

You can see this when someone revives and "flips over." As they're flipping over/on the ground prone you can shoot them in the head or body to where they "die" again before they can react.

TheSeks

I've never noticed the prompt...

You're pressing X before the prompt is showing up or you're not seeing it. It's to the right but it takes a few seconds to show up. Which doesn't matter if you already know the "yes/no" buttons for the prompt/command to "yes, I want to revive/no, I don't want to revive, fuckface."

*shoots you and then shoots the person you just revived before they have a chance to react to "yes/no" prompt.*
This has happened to me plenty of times, want to see kill cam to see a sniper, get revived before I can see the killcam, get faced direction the medic was facing (generally away from sniper) get yes/no prompt, get sniped again before standing since the invulnerability is fucked

Thanks for the two kills, bro!

(This is why people hate people that revive in the middle of a gunfight. Yes, the battlefield is hectic, but if you saw someone die in the middle of a gun fight and that enemy is still alive, WHY THE HELL would you revive them without taking out the dude first?)
Because two guns are better than one, obviously.
Here's the checklist of actions for ingrates that have just been revived:
1. Make a snarky comment, "Oh wow, thanks for reviving me right in front of a tank!".
2. Accept/decline the revive.
3. Attempt to turn around to find the son of a bitch that revived them.
4. Fire their gun.

If they would simply fire their pistol at anything that moves instead of worrying about all that other BS, they would come to appreciate being revived as much as I do.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I didn't know you could decline revives... never really felt like I needed to. Unlike dipshit medics revive-trolling in BC2, BF3 revives aren't punitive. You can get killed and revived three times in a row and it only counts as your original death anyway... never wastes extra tickets or punitively affects your k/d, so in BF3 I revive willy-nilly.

I feel like people who get mad over BF3 revives are just being too touchy. At worst you only end up with the death you started with. At best you save a ticket and maybe even a death on your k/d if you can somehow get out of harm's way.

Also... if you're going for the revive and notice an enemy, sometimes it's better just to go through with it and hope the guy you're reviving is on the ball. Maybe he takes out that douche from prone with the handgun. It's sometimes better to just revive the guy than try and switch weapons only to get killed in the act. At least with a revive you have a chance for it to break your way.

I have no idea, I'm grateful even for just a few extra seconds of battlefield goodness.

"Kill any nearby enemies, make sure the coast is clear, and then you have my permission to revive me. "

I'll tell you one thing though, I'm glad revives are anonymous :)

indeed, life is a gift

OMG, i just got an idea for a BF3 video... if only i had a cap card!

"X/O"

"X: Yes/Get up"
"O: No/Choose another class."

Press X to stand (and get shot while this prompt is up so it's mostly useless even if you didn't fire your gun before it as a reaction)

Hold O to "die"/non-revive and choose your class.

Basically, if you see someone die and a medic comes and revives them. You can shoot the dude that was just revived before they have a chance to react to the yes/no prompt (since there's no invulnerability there apparently) and then shoot the medic quickly before they react on you.

You can see this when someone revives and "flips over." As they're flipping over/on the ground prone you can shoot them in the head or body to where they "die" again before they can react.

i shoot the medic first in that situation, but yeah, i know what you mean.

I didn't know you could decline revives... never really felt like I needed to. Unlike dipshit medics revive-trolling in BC2, BF3 revives aren't punitive. You can get killed and revived three times in a row and it only counts as your original death anyway... never wastes extra tickets or punitively affects your k/d, so in BF3 I revive willy-nilly.

I feel like people who get mad over BF3 revives are just being too touchy. At worst you only end up with the death you started with. At best you save a ticket and maybe even a death on your k/d if you can somehow get out of harm's way.

Also... if you're going for the revive and notice an enemy, sometimes it's better just to go through with it and hope the guy you're reviving is on the ball. Maybe he takes out that douche from prone with the handgun. It's sometimes better to just revive the guy than try and switch weapons only to get killed in the act. At least with a revive you have a chance for it to break your way.

i've declined a few dozen times. needed to change loadouts, no ammo, etc... especially in TDM or CQDM, no ammo can be a thing. and some people get mad because while it counts as one death for them, it counts as two kills towards a nemesis streak for the person who killed them.

TheSeks

3. Attempt to turn around to find the son of a bitch that revived them.
4. Fire their gun.

Both of which breaks invulnerability. Or you're reviving them in the opposite direction of the enemy.

That's the problem, I don't mind being revived... except if I'm going to get shot at two seconds after you do it. At that point it's like "why bother reviving me if you didn't take the dude that took me out... out?"

Evolved1 said:

Except if they fire their gun from prone, they break invulnerability. If they turn, they break invulnerability. Revives "spawn" you in the direction the medic is facing. If they're spawning you sideways in the middle of a gunfight, why bother reviving me just to have me get shot again?

Might as well forgo not reviving me since the ticket is lost, you know?

tn2007

Both of which breaks invulnerability. Or you're reviving them in the opposite direction of the enemy.

That's the problem, I don't mind being revived... except if I'm going to get shot at two seconds after you do it. At that point it's like "why bother reviving me if you didn't take the dude that took me out... out?"

Except if they fire their gun from prone, they break invulnerability. If they turn, they break invulnerability. Revives "spawn" you in the direction the medic is facing. If they're spawning you sideways in the middle of a gunfight, why bother reviving me just to have me get shot again?

Might as well forgo not reviving me since the ticket is lost, you know?

Revives "spawn" you in the direction that you died from. I always try to revive when it's safe or when we are about to take a flag. If I know we are burning a flag and I'm safe from dying I will revive you constantly for the burn, or to use you as a guinea pig until I can kill the other guy.

Here are some nice videos tutorial on reviving.
http://youtu.be/8Vq4BoT1FMs
http://youtu.be/mhuSXn5_0ZE
http://youtu.be/S5366TVj4bA

TheSeks

Revives "spawn" you in the direction that you died from.

If that's the case I'm getting shot from the back of where I die from (sniper in the front, bullet to the back) more often than anything.

Because people revive me and I'm facing the opposite direction of where I should be if I'm supposed to pistol fire at the people that killed me.

vixlar

I'm not sure killing a revived enemy counts towards nemesis points. At least, if you kill someone who hasn't accepted the revive yet you don't earn points.

Yeah, but on the converse those treets and rocks provide good sneaking ability if you avoid the hot zones. Again: That's why I prefer it, it's a nice forest map that allows you (on consoles) to sneak around and set up attacks and have the defense have to play a close/tight game to defend.

Whereas on Aftermath it's basically "break their line and swarm swarm swarm LOLZ!" Who finds that shit fun? Swarming is too hectic and doesn't allow the defense a chance to beat them back and then watch the holes, damn it.

Attack on capsin is generally pretty easy, so I don't much about it :p

TheSeks

Attack on capsin is generally pretty easy, so I don't much about it :p

All I'm saying is the defense has to be close to the crates on Caspian. Which is nice compared to Aftermath where the goal is to swarm. Even if the line is a strafe run on a jet, but in that case don't go near the crate if a jet is strafing and more so don't be so close but close enough to catch people?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

olimpia84

That Caspian round was fun. Is dan on the west coast? I don't think location matters that much as I have played in European servers in the past. The lag is bad but I never get disconnected like dan did today.

tn2007

That Caspian round was fun. Is dan on the west coast? I don't think location matters that much as I have played in European servers in the past. The lag is bad but I never get disconnected like dan did today.

Dan is on the east coast. I played on all servers with all types of players from around the world and NEVER had the problem Dan had today. He would join our game and disconnect right when he spawned in. Shit I played with people from Japan on west coast servers and I don't disconnect but I do feel some lag.

We use mics as well buddy. Some more than others but we do use them. Damn I wish we can play the Xbox GAFers because IMO we would mop them up.

iFM44VjTLF3xa.gif

tn2007

Let's not start this shit again...

JJD
Olimipia
Dawnoflife
Myself
Boatack
Gl0w
ImEAF
Johan
Bkak
Evolved
Dan
Hunting
JM
Codmaul
Dream
Dave
Etc.

We are stacked dude. No way we lose best of 3 against Xbox on conquest. Especially on metro, bazaar, or seine crossing.

TheSeks

JJD
Olimipia
Dawnoflife
Myself
Boatack
Gl0w
ImEAF
Johan
Bkak
Evolved
Dan
Hunting
JM
Codmaul
Dream
Dave
Etc.

We are stacked dude. No way we lose best of 3 against Xbox on conquest. Especially on metro, bazaar, or seine crossing.

Now, how many of them are still playing and not rusty?

Yeahhhh.

Lockout

tn2007

You didn't answer me: How many are still playing.

I've seen everyone I named played in the last month except JM, Dream, and Dave. Which would still give us more than enough people. Too bad it won't happen though but maybe next gen consoles the Xbox crowd will come to PS4 master race!

olimpia84

JJD
Olimipia
Dawnoflife
Myself
Boatack
Gl0w
ImEAF
Johan
Bkak
Evolved
Dan
Hunting
JM
Codmaul
Dream
Dave
Etc.

That's one fine list. Now imagine if abu and crak were still around...game over within seconds xD

tn2007

Xbox list:

OdysseusVA - Michael Jackson
Faceless - Janet Jackson
Etc. - Bunch of Tito Jacksons

Just messing with you guys:p I'm sure Xbox GAF has a stacked team, but I wish you guys would post more.

TheSeks

Faceless plays on both, he doesn't have a horse in this race.

And me, I'm neutral.

Top Bottom