• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*place beacon in the assend of the defenses spawn of Metro first set*

PLEASE SPAWN ON IT.

*no one spawns on it, no one spawns on it, no one spawns on it, no one spawns it*

WTF.

360GAF killed it last night. Finally got this, too:

nice!

i still have 7 multis to go! 3 on ps3, 4 on 360...

*place beacon in the assend of the defenses spawn of Metro first set*

PLEASE SPAWN ON IT.

*no one spawns on it, no one spawns on it, no one spawns on it, no one spawns it*

WTF.

i spawned on it and took that one objective solo! killed 5 dudes that were disarming it before they killed me! before that i was in the kitchen.

TheSeks

Yeah, you spawned on it like five minutes later. I'm sitting there like "PLEASE FACELESS SPAWN! D:"

I kept trying to go for B but got taken out (or taking the sniper out so hopefully the team would come up the undefended lane I snuck through)

Ugh.

On another note, I have to give props to Dan for arming A third set Metro thereby giving me the chance to run up the stairs, arm B (right as I'm getting knifed) and the rest of the team came to defend it. Hoorah.

TheSeks

Fersis leaves on Aftermath. We go into Markaz Monolith Defense. Lose, go into Markaz Mononlith Attack round. I'm thinking "Oh, god we're going to lose."

Take the first set (after someone slams the Vodnik into the construction site, thereby screwing up my plan of having it be cover fire. Thanks, idiot) Somehow take the first set.

Squad is UTTERLY USELESS (snipers on the roof of A. WTF?) Tank isn't being used, somehow we take like set one or two. Third set with the infamous Evolved Falls With A Tank Hole area I get in the newly spawned tank. Tank snipe the tank on that road. Can't take it out. Get C4 attempted (roadkill) get helicoptered (avoid, while being damaged) learn that you can get on the overpass after like 5-15 mins of doing this shit with tank-sniping the tank with no effect. Tickets are in the 15-25 range.

On the overpass, Guided Missile in the ass. Tank shell in the ass.

Squad and team FINALLY make it to BOTH crates of third (or fourth) set of that map after I take the tank out, take the RPG-er on the overpass coming for me. Take out a dude near the me but under the overpass (splash damage) to make sure squad can move up.

Squad-spawns on me, I tank shell through a window (with no damage to the building a dude as that set is taken.

YnOlWKC.png

MORALE CRUSHED. Take out the anti-tank mines, get C4'd as I'm focused on that road for the tank.

Last set their tank is on the otherside of the map but my team arms the crates. A (near the tank) is taken. I rush to B on foot, get taken out they're swarming all over the place, team takes them out, we win.

ivcQoNUMwJmFe.gif

WHO'S A MAN AND A HALF?
I'M A MAN AND A HALF! BERSERKER PACKIN' MAN AND A HALF! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU THAT I CAN'T FIX...WITH MY TANK!

*ahem* But seriously, we would've lost that round if I didn't think "fuck, how the fuck do you get on the overpass since it's locked this map." Nope, you can get up there as an attacker, I guess but not the defense.

(Also Fersis, I agree with B in hating Aftermath. Not a bad set of maps, but too open and possible to swarm like that Epicenter round where I'm dying 7 times in a row after spawning on you because they're on the other side/back of B second set)

-Stranger-

I had a pretty good session last night, knocked off a few more assignments.

Finally got a few kills with the Mortar, luckily i blew up another dude who was sitting on his Mortar behind Objective A on Seine Crossing.

I got the M417 for getting 10 T-UG assists, i should've had this already but i haven't been much of a Recon guy in the past.

I need to play Gun Master & Squad Deathmatch for some assignments but there seems to be no servers running them. :(

Kak.efes

Man, I totally forgot how crazy LMG's with bipods are, they're like laser beams of death.

A great place to set up shop is Karkand second set in the building overlooking the B MCOM (defence or offence, doesn't matter). You have a clear vantage of so many hot spots there. Killed a handful of guys as they were trying to disarm B. You can also pick apart anyone who manages to get atop the building near the A MCOM. I recommend you bring claymores to protect your rear though, you'll get a lot of heat once the other team realizes you're annihilating them.

Man, I totally forgot how crazy LMG's with bipods are, they're like laser beams of death.

I run with bipods on all my guns. A rock-steady platform for kills, headshots and suppression ribbons. Also, I use IRNV scopes almost exclusively. They won't work on a couple of maps, but without them I sometimes have a hard time even seeing enemies.

tn2007

13 kill streak with mortar? lol hardcore.

man, minimap vs no minimap is night and day...

why does that server setting even affect mortars? lol

You were on fire that round. I don't know how mortars work on hardcore but it's hard enough softcore. Don't know about you guys but I'm not feeling hardcore mode. Too much camping and sniper rifles/shotguns are too good. Maybe if there was no suppression on hardcore than it would not be that bad. Only thing I like about hardcore is the teamkill aspect.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You were on fire that round. I don't know how mortars work on hardcore but it's hard enough softcore. Don't know about you guys but I I'm not feeling hardcore mode. Too much camping and sniper rifles/shotguns are too good. Maybe if there was no suppression on hardcore than it would not be that bad. Only thing I like about hardcore is the teamkill aspect.

I wish bullet damage was normal on HC... I usually love FF but of course that game there was some douche purposefully teamkilling me. :(

Kak.efes

Had no idea LMG's could blow up cars. You're basically a one man army with one of the heavier LMG's, bipod, and squad suppress.

I run with bipods on all my guns. A rock-steady platform for kills, headshots and suppression ribbons. Also, I use IRNV scopes almost exclusively. They won't work on a couple of maps, but without them I sometimes have a hard time even seeing enemies.

Before they decreased its effectiveness, all I ever used was IRNV. It took a really long time to get used to playing without it. I honestly think it made me a worse player.

TheSeks

> Playing Hardcore

Do you guys even pro mode?

(Hardcore removes half the shit that makes Battlefield Battlefield. No thanks.)

@B: ANY gun can blow up cars if they put enough bullets into the front end or gas tank. You can also shoot the tires to deflate them for cover.

Kak.efes

@B: ANY gun can blow up cars if they put enough bullets into the front end or gas tank. You can also shoot the tires to deflate them for cover.

I honestly had no clue, I'll usually just M320, or RPG them.

How crazy is the suppressive effect for LMG's with squad suppression? After a few rounds fired, I'm noticing everybody starts running for cover.

TheSeks

Very good. But Snipers with it are deadly. One bullet from a sniper wizzing past you with it on is enough to max suppress.

It's why since the patch that buffed suppression I've been running Squad Supression on my classes and anyone else will generally cover explosives (on engineer) or speed (if they're smart) to fill the holes.

1/never. Suppression (since buff)
2/1. Speed
3/2. Explosives
4/3. Ammo

Anything else is superfluous or something I've never noticed an incredible impact on games.

tn2007

Very good. But Snipers with it are deadly. One bullet from a sniper wizzing past you with it on is enough to max suppress.

It's why since the patch that buffed suppression I've been running Squad Supression on my classes and anyone else will generally cover explosives (on engineer) or speed (if they're smart) to fill the holes.

1/never. Suppression (since buff)
2/1. Speed
3/2. Explosives
4/3. Ammo

Anything else is superfluous or something I've never noticed an incredible impact on games.

You rank squad suppression over squad cover?
1. Cover
2/3. Sprint/ammo
4. Grenades or explosive depending on the map.
5. Suppression

TheSeks

You rank squad suppression over squad cover?
1. Cover
2/3. Sprint/ammo
4. Grenades or explosive depending on the map.
5. Suppression

Suppression buff is crazy good. More than cover. I haven't seen any noticeable effect with cover on or off in terms of killspeed protection. Suppression, meanwhile even in close-quarters will prevent people from hitting you in general if you're the one with the buff on and they aren't. Thereby you gain an unfair advantage in CQC.

Speed is useful ANY map and any mode.

Explosives is good for 40mm or AT mines. Rockets is debateable. C4 only needs 3 for tanks, 6 is overkill.

Grenades isn't useful since you can always reload your one grenade with an ammo box. I haven't really needed to spam grenades to where having an extra is useful over an ammo box.

tn2007

Suppression buff is crazy good. More than cover. I haven't seen any noticeable effect with cover on or off in terms of killspeed protection. Suppression, meanwhile even in close-quarters will prevent people from hitting you in general if you're the one with the buff on and they aren't. Thereby you gain an unfair advantage in CQC.

Speed is useful ANY map and any mode.

Explosives is good for 40mm or AT mines. Rockets is debateable. C4 only needs 3 for tanks, 6 is overkill.

Grenades isn't useful since you can always reload your one grenade with an ammo box. I haven't really needed to spam grenades to where having an extra is useful over an ammo box.

I thought extra 40mms come from the grenade perk? I don't know for sure but that's what I thought. Explosion and grenades are based on what maps I'm playing. If I'm on a vehicle map, than explosion is better, but if I'm on a more infantry map, I will use the grenade perk.

From what I notice I die way too fast if I don't have squad cover on. It really helps keep suppression down enough to where I can peak a hot corner and take someone out. Plus it cancels out your suppression perk.

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-3-technical-discussion/864-cover-or-suppression-best-squad-perk/

TheSeks

If my understanding is right grenades is grenade only. No 40mm. Explosives is the one that gives 40mm, C4, AT mines, rockets. Which already makes it more useful than grenades.

You were on fire that round. I don't know how mortars work on hardcore but it's hard enough softcore. Don't know about you guys but I'm not feeling hardcore mode. Too much camping and sniper rifles/shotguns are too good. Maybe if there was no suppression on hardcore than it would not be that bad. Only thing I like about hardcore is the teamkill aspect.

mortars work the same in hardcore as in normal mode. you look at the minimap and fire... the reduced health of hardcore mode helps with actually killing people, though it still takes two hits on a fresh person. the other team had so many people camped out in their base and on the hill sniping and our team was spotting so i had a nice time picking them off...

BUT... and i just discovered this recently... if minimap is off in server settings, (like HC no minimap servers) there's no minimap for the mortar and you just get a first person view of yourself on the mortar and you kinda aim your screen around and fire and then press start to check the main map to see where it drops. you have no indication of where it's actually going to hit until you fire one and see. and then readjusting is pretty tricky. and the mortar already sucks so that makes it even worse... it's kind of like using a shitty one shot version of the missile truck i guess...

I wish bullet damage was normal on HC... I usually love FF but of course that game there was some douche purposefully teamkilling me. :(

BC1 was so good. no killcam, 50% damage on FF. perfect-core

Evolved1

Um... in the server menu, what is "gun master weapons preset"? Can you change the order, or reverse it?

Overdoziz

Banned
Um... in the server menu, what is "gun master weapons preset"? Can you change the order, or reverse it?
I've played at least three different types of weapon orders. Been really enjoying the gametype lately, mainly because you can play it without a squad and I win 90% of the matches. :)

Evolved1

I've played at least three different types of weapon orders. Been really enjoying the gametype lately, mainly because you can play it without a squad and I win 90% of the matches. :)

I think I would really like the mode if it went backwards... you started with the powerful stuff and had to work your way down the list. I think it'd be more fair for everyone that way.

If that is an option, I'll start playing that mode a lot more.

TheSeks

I need to finish up Scavenger for that "On Top of the Richter Scale" assignment, along with the modified vehicles in Aftermath. Ugh.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Currently talking with battlefield aswell to see if I can find something
--------
West US: Joined 8/8, East US: Joined 2/7 ,South US: Joined 4/4, Europe: Joined 4/4

Looks like it's working now

EDIT scratch that

Could be joining EastUS servers that is causing the issue

Evolved1

I just checked this post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45460611&postcount=12972 and it says Battlefield Update 3, is that there for the general knowledge or do I need it to play MP? I've got Update 5 already.

Also, what is the general consensus behind the DLC? Which one do you guys personally enjoy?

The least played DLC is Close Quarters, followed by Armored Core. B2K is the most popular (because it came with the game for early adopters, and it's good) And this latest Earthquake one (lol forgot the name) is the second most popular, going by my MP server filters.

The least played DLC is Close Quarters, followed by Armored Core. B2K is the most popular (because it came with the game for early adopters, and it's good) And this latest Earthquake one (lol forgot the name) is the second most popular, going by my MP server filters.

Aftermath lol

Not surprising to see Armored Core and Close Quarters are the least played. One is too big for 24 and the other changes the formula too much. Hopefully the new one is good as well.

TheSeks

Wait, DICE and From Software collaborated for an expansion called Armored Core? Holy shit, time to pilot mechs!

Armored Kill

Kak.efes

Also, what is the general consensus behind the DLC? Which one do you guys personally enjoy?

B2K is all you need (my personal favorite set of maps). Armoured Kill is too big for console, but it plays alright on rush (for the most part). Close Quarters is whatever, and I've found Aftermath to be underwhelming.

Looking back, the vanilla maps have proven to be pretty solid all around. I like them all except for Tehran, Firestorm, and to a lesser extent Caspian.

i love the Armored Kill maps, especially Armored Shield.

early on i liked Alborz Mountain the most, but not any more.

now it's Armored Shield > Death Valley > Alborz Mountain > Bandar Desert

TheSeks

WTF, How the hell can you hate Caspian!?

I have no opinion of Armored Kill or Aftermath. Armored Kill wouldn't be bad if the pop-in wasn't there. Aftermath is too open in Rush for my taste because the defense can't draw a line. They opened it up too much to where the attackers can flood the crates which I kinda hate.

But I wouldn't say they're bad, just different. But for me, personally, I want more maps on B2K's Quality (open but not too open, defense still has the ability to defend areas without a back-door as wide as a prolapsed rectum being there for defense to swarm in from) than anything.

Despite disliking Karkand and Wake's remake, though.

Kak.efes

Caspian is too big for twenty four players. It has its moments, but like Firestorm, you go 2-6, or 1-0, and still win MVP with two thousand points. It's just stupid. Firestorm is a big map, but you only have altercations in three separate self contained areas that all look the same. It's lazy map design.

i love the Armored Kill maps, especially Armored Shield.

early on i liked Alborz Mountain the most, but not any more.

now it's Armored Shield > Death Valley > Alborz Mountain > Bandar Desert

I like Armoured Shield the least. Something just looks off about that map. The aesthetics bother me.

Bandar > Alborz > Death Valley

Wait, DICE and From Software collaborated for an expansion called Armored Core? Holy shit, time to pilot mechs!

Armored Kill

Whoa, my head wasn't in the right place.

B2K is all you need (my personal favorite set of maps). Armoured Kill is too big for console, but it plays alright on rush (for the most part). Close Quarters is whatever, and I've found Aftermath to be underwhelming.

Looking back, the vanilla maps have proven to be pretty solid all around. I like them all except for Tehran, Firestorm, and to a lesser extent Caspian.

I can see why you'd hate those maps. BF4 with 64 on consoles will be glorious and exactly what those large maps need. Sadly EA didn't publish the B2K version here so I may end up buying it if there's enough NeoGAF nights on it.

When do you guys usually play? I added GAF BF3 on the Xbox.

Top Bottom