• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
FAILURE. Theater mode in Halo 3-Reach/4 continues to shit all over DICE/IW/Treyarch's attempts at copying it.

Call me when the game records player deaths and the locations/reasonings of deaths in a file and then loads the map to play those inputs like Halo does. No 15 min limit bullshit. I want the entire 5min-2hour round recorded and able to be put on Youtube if I so choose.
Halo's theater has stagnated and even regressed over the past couple of years. Campaign theater is completely gone now and there's still no upload-to-youtube (for free) feature like in CoD and FIFA, hell there's not even a way to render videos at all in Halo 4. CoD even allows you to put clips together to form a montage. It's a shame, really.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Modern Warfare 3's uploading was pretty bad though. It's only like :60 clips. Not really montages. Just a highlight shot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I still cannot join US East servers.... it's starting to get old.

Evolved1

They completely fucked this game... server issues and just constant freezes. :(

TheSeks

Wow, you guys are having problems? I guess I'm going to finish mopping up Infamous 2 then before I grab Evolved1 to go through the trainwreck that is Biohazard 6 with me. :(

Evolved1

Wow, you guys are having problems? I guess I'm going to finish mopping up Infamous 2 then before I grab Evolved1 to go through the trainwreck that is Biohazard 6 with me. :(

I like RE6 for the most part. :) It's not that much of a trainwreck at all. It's not how I would have mde an RE game, but I still like it.

There is fun to be had. I need someone to play through on Vet with anyway. So message me whenever.

I'll have to find my little keyboard attachment for my PS3 controller though. It''s around here somewhere.

Evolved1

US East is still impossible to join >90% of the servers. Wtf man...

TheSeks

Just went 44-23 on Scavenger. Was like 7-10 kills with 0 deaths at the start. Someone took me out with an M9 Tactical Light, switched to that and proceeded to ROLL over that team by myself on Markaz Monolith. Was like 9936 points or so and the next highest on either side was like 2000-5000.

Oh, yeah... don't piss me off with the tactical light, I'll use it and any goddamn weapon I grab against you.

(I'm sure Faceless can find a battlelog link to it)

Evolved1

Just went 44-23 on Scavenger. Was like 7-10 kills with 0 deaths at the start. Someone took me out with an M9 Tactical Light, switched to that and proceeded to ROLL over that team by myself on Markaz Monolith. Was like 9936 points or so and the next highest on either side was like 2000-5000.

Oh, yeah... don't piss me off with the tactical light, I'll use it and any goddamn weapon I grab against you.

I stopped using the tac light very early because it's cheap as hell... it's basically easy mode.

I only switch to it now (and haven't in forever) to troll people pissing me off.

TheSeks

I stopped using the tac light very early because it's cheap as hell... it's basically easy mode.

I only switch to it now (and haven't in forever) to troll people pissing me off.

I'm only using the tactical lights for the pistol dogtags. Otherwise I wouldn't use them. I'd rather go bare than anything.

Nevermind, found my EA password and found the battlelog report. (t)Rolled. Granted, it was a 400 ticket server but we capped the flags quickly and basically just sat there revolving around flags mowing people down. It's hilarious that I'm the top player by a good 4000 points for going to defend/attack flags constantly instead of swarming with the rest of the team on one flag.

TheSeks

hah, I just reached colonel 31 TODAY. There's no way in hell I'm going to get 100 at the rate I'm going. :lol Not that I care since DICE purposely made that shit longer than it needed to be, just like BC2's max rank.

Kak.efes

Anyone here planning on picking up Dead Space 3? My buddy and I were planning on doing a cooperative playthrough together, but he flaked, and now I'm debating if I should go ahead and pick it up or not.

JJD

Anyone here planning on picking up Dead Space 3? My buddy and I were planning on doing a cooperative playthrough together, but he flaked, and now I'm debating if I should go ahead and pick it up or not.

I'm getting it day 1, but I'm playing solo first. Love the DS series.

Kak.efes

I like the series too, but I'd really like to give cooperative a playthrough first. I just think it would be something new, fresh. etc. If anyones interested, let me know.

JJD

If you can get past the horrible AI, the co-op is pretty fun.

o.0

How's the AI an issue if the other guy is controlled by another player on CO OP?

If you're talking about enemy AI, I can't imagine it being a problem considering that it was fine in the past 2 DS games.

BK, if you're not reselling the game after you finish it I would definitely be interested in doing co op later. But I just gotta experience the game by myself for the first time!

Evolved1

Yeah there weren't human enemies in the last DS game though.

JJD

Yeah there weren't human enemies in the last DS game though.

Going by the OT while human enemies encounters are bad, you hardly bump into then. Thankfully you're still fighting mostly necros.

People that already finished the game said that human enemies are few and far between.

Evolved1

What? Maybe now we can get our jet unlocks, bro.

(Still need to get scout choppers unlocks and a few armored kill vehicles besides that)

I've been unfortunate this morning to join a bunch of servers with "ace" pilots... and it's completely apparent how these things just do not belong in the console versions.

I don't really mind them on rush, when each side gets the one... but in CQ just fuck off and die.

TheSeks

But, dude, Conquest gets two! How does there only being one in Rush make it better?

I mean if oneside has an Ace Pilot (or two) it doesn't really matter about the number of jets, right?

TheSeks

Jets aren't even a problem in conquest. They are way more powerful in rush and can be much more devastating to ground forces.

True, and they're built for ATG instead of ATA battles... unless they're running flares which really isn't too useful outside of ATA battles now a days with Stingers out of the ass everywhere.

JJD

Lol at Evolved's Kazified avatar!

Boarding the hype train eh???

I'm already there, too bad I lack the photoshop skills to do anything with mine! Lol!

True, and they're built for ATG instead of ATA battles... unless they're running flares which really isn't too useful outside of ATA battles now a days with Stingers out of the ass everywhere.

I think the jets in conquest could use a buff. 99% of the time, they are just playing their own game fighting each other. The main gun should be a bit more powerful against ground vehicles. Not necessarily as much as the ones in rush but enough to where they can be a threat.

Evolved1

Jets need a buff!? Yikes, we are so far apart on this one... irreconcilably.

That's damn crazy talk. Just goes to show though... people never agree on shit, ever.

I think the jets in conquest could use a buff. 99% of the time, they are just playing their own game fighting each other. The main gun should be a bit more powerful against ground vehicles. Not necessarily as much as the ones in rush but enough to where they can be a threat.

I feel that they're fine. Armor can be disabled in one pass with the missile pods, and if you time it correctly a burst from the primary cannon is possible in that same run. A second pass is usually not necessary since most drivers would abandon it and seek cover, but in some cases you do need to finish them off.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I feel that they're fine. Armor can be disabled in one pass with the missile pods, and if you time it correctly a burst from the primary canon is possible in that same run. A second pass is usually not necessary since most drivers would abandon it and seek cover, but in some cases you do need to finish them off.

and then ram the jet into said armor

Fucking assholes

Maybe it's just my encounter's with jets. Even when I face a good pilot, he usually does 3 or 4 passes on me when I am in the tank and then just gives up. Every time I try to take out a tank with the main gun, it just is always a useless attempt unless they are already disabled. They just don't seem like a valuable asset. Almost every game, they are doing their own thing and not participating in the real fight.

TheSeks

If you have a good strafe run in the jets you can disable/destroy in one pass on Rush and Conquest. I think I've done it on Conquest once and Rush three or four times (I'm so terrible with setting up strafe runs since you can't look left-right without having to hold down on the D-pad). More so if you have the rocketpods and slow down/lengthen your run. Rockets disable, switch to machine gun to mow down before they bail. Done.

Evolved1

So are they planning on fixing these servers any time soon?

If you have a good strafe run in the jets you can disable/destroy in one pass on Rush and Conquest. I think I've done it on Conquest once and Rush three or four times (I'm so terrible with setting up strafe runs since you can't look left-right without having to hold down on the D-pad). More so if you have the rocketpods and slow down/lengthen your run. Rockets disable, switch to machine gun to mow down before they bail. Done.

I know in rush, the main gun will destroy anything with one pass. The main gun is stronger than the rocket pods. In conquest, I don't think I have ever seen anybody destroy a tank in one pass, even with rocket pods. I have seen many disables but by the time it turns around for the second pass, an engineer already has it back up to full health. I just never consider jets a threat in conquest. If then never changed anything it would be fine. Most of the problem is probably just user error.

PandaL

Nope. Jets in CQ are totally balanced. Buffing the main canon against ground vehicles would make Jets overpowered like RUSH.

I feel that they're fine. Armor can be disabled in one pass with the missile pods, and if you time it correctly a burst from the primary cannon is possible in that same run. A second pass is usually not necessary since most drivers would abandon it and seek cover, but in some cases you do need to finish them off.

With CQ Jets, Armor can be disabled in one pass if they're 'not' using Reactive Armor.

AA & Artillary can be disabled in one pass.

IMO RUSH Jet canon's should be nerfed massively or just remove Jets from RUSH.

Cronnie

Jets in CQ are fine, it is still possible to kill armour in one pass if you combine the rockets pods and main gun.

If they buffed up the cannon to match the rush jets, it would definitely be overpowered.

Top Bottom