• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

We use mics as well buddy. Some more than others but we do use them. Damn I wish we can play the Xbox GAFers because IMO we would mop them up.

A few weeks ago, I'd say there'd be no way but yes you're right, you would beat us.

Well, you wouldn't beat us per se, because Xbox GAF would quit and find a new game as soon as the round got out of hand. And if this hypothetical game would've happened to have taken place on the XboxGAF server? Well then XboxGAF would just kick you from the server unless you held back and kept the game competitive.

I love playing with XboxGAF but quitting games because the other team has us trapped in our spawn (after about 2 hours of us doing the same thing to them) and in one deplorable example, kicking an entire team for being too good, (I think they rationalized this by saying lag was working to their advantage or there was some odd discrepancy with their gamerscores and tenure on Xbox live didn't match up so they must be cheating). Whatever, it's not my server or my money paying for it but man, that left a bad taste in my mouth. Also to be fair, I was in a MAV the whole time having a blast, lol.

Just today, I was playing with a regular sub-group of XboxGAF on Seine and the other team held all the flags when we started. We worked and clawed our way into finally capturing Charlie and eventually came back and won that game and you know what? It was awesome! I live for those moments, quitting was the last thing on my mind.

Note: I'm not speaking for Lostsupper and Odysseus, I think I've only played with them a handful of times.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
JJD
Olimipia
Dawnoflife
Myself
Boatack
Gl0w
ImEAF
Johan
Bkak
Evolved
Dan

Hunting < what a fucking ninja on metro
JM
Codmaul
Dream
Dave
Etc.

We are stacked dude. No way we lose best of 3 against Xbox on conquest. Especially on metro, bazaar, or seine crossing.

PS3 wins

Flawless victory

Xbox list:

OdysseusVA - Michael Jackson
Faceless - Janet Jackson
Etc. - Bunch of Tito Jacksons

Just messing with you guys:p I'm sure Xbox GAF has a stacked team, but I wish you guys would post more.

Oh come on =(

iFM44VjTLF3xa.gif

t74zJAY.gif

-----

Have any of you took a chopper down with the tank of a main gun...... by only killing the pilot and gunner while leaving the chopper in tact? and go and retrieve said chopper? more than once in a short period?
---

Nope

I though so

cdMqlR1.gif

A few weeks ago, I'd say there'd be no way but yes you're right, you would beat us.

Well, you wouldn't beat us per se, because Xbox GAF would quit and find a new game as soon as the round got out of hand. And if this hypothetical game would've happened to have taken place on the XboxGAF server? Well then XboxGAF would just kick you from the server unless you held back and kept the game competitive.

I love playing with XboxGAF but quitting games because the other team has us trapped in our spawn (after about 2 hours of us doing the same thing to them) and in one deplorable example, kicking an entire team for being too good, (I think they rationalized this by saying lag was working to their advantage or there was some odd discrepancy with their gamerscores and tenure on Xbox live didn't match up so they must be cheating). Whatever, it's not my server or my money paying for it but man, that left a bad taste in my mouth. Also to be fair, I was in a MAV the whole time having a blast, lol.

Just today, I was playing with a regular sub-group of XboxGAF on Seine and the other team held all the flags when we started. We worked and clawed our way into finally capturing Charlie and eventually came back and won that game and you know what? It was awesome! I live for those moments, quitting was the last thing on my mind.

Note: I'm not speaking for Lostsupper and Odysseus, I think I've only played with them a handful of times.

...I call that a beating

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't see how that would affect Dan because it would of dropped other people in our squad as well. He couldn't get on any server we played on.

I can't even get into games... at least as of yesterday. I have my search filter set to US East only, and I couldn't join a single game in a dozen attempts. Not even an empty server.

So, something is definitely wrong.

Evolved1

We faced the stiffest competition we've seen in forever a few night sago, and we had a pretty stacked gaf side, compared to the usual four or five, and we got handled. We picked up one win, only because olimpia stole their LAV, and the rest of the games they rocked our shit so hard... so honestly idk... I think as a group we are used to beating up on people (even when it's just 3 or 4 of us doing most of the team carrying) and just weren't prepared for a really solid 12 man side working together and completely focused on winning.

They fucking embarrassed us dude. And I'm pretty sure our defeat was streamed... embarrassing.

I was having some internet problems that night, but even under ideal circumstances, Idk... we'd have to 1) be on team chat and communicating like they were 2) actually ready for a tough fight.

I don't think we were really geared up as a group (team) that night, but still they beat us solidly.

Evolved1

Can someone explain how console chat works... what is team chat, and who hears what and when?

If I switch to team, does everyone here me? Or is it just the people also on team? How does this work exactly?

I thought I had this figured out, but recent events have me wondering...

Evolved1

I wish I could DL the game to my HDD and not have to spin the disc...

tn2007

We faced the stiffest competition we've seen in forever a few night sago, and we had a pretty stacked gaf side, compared to the usual four or five, and we got handled. We picked up one win, only because olimpia stole their LAV, and the rest of the games they rocked our shit so hard... so honestly idk... I think as a group we are used to beating up on people (even when it's just 3 or 4 of us doing most of the team carrying) and just weren't prepared for a really solid 12 man side working together and completely focused on winning.

They fucking embarrassed us dude. And I'm pretty sure our defeat was streamed... embarrassing.

I don't think we were really geared up as a group (team) that night, but still they beat us solidly.

Yeah but that was rush, which is our weakest game mode. On conquest we would of beat that other team because we as a whole play a majority of conquest. If we spent most of our time playing rush together than we would dominate at that too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah but that was rush, which is our weakest game mode.

Because none of ya'll play it besides Dan, and I. And since no one but Dan plays it, I've stopped playing nightly and gone to other games until End Game hits. :|

Overdoziz said:

Am I not right? It was. Midship was better in the overplayed catagory.

@Evolved: Squad->Your 3 other players Team->Anyone that is set to team (so, no one really) Mute->Mute chat.

Can someone explain how console chat works... what is team chat, and who hears what and when?

If I switch to team, does everyone here me? Or is it just the people also on team? How does this work exactly?

Team chat is where you listen to randoms talk about what happened in high school that day.

Seriously though, it's my understanding that only your team hears you. And possibly only those teammates that have chosen team chat.

EDIT: Beaten. Also, 360GAF is pretty great at Rush. Just saying.

PS3 wins

Flawless victory

Oh come on =(

http://i.imgur.com/t74zJAY.gif

-----

Have any of you took a chopper down with the tank of a main gun...... by only killing the pilot and gunner while leaving the chopper in tact? and go and retrieve said chopper? more than once in a short period?
---

Nope

I though so

http://i.imgur.com/cdMqlR1.gif

...I call that a beating

iAu2SAlrrJnSI.gif

Nice, but hating the added AA

TheSeks

You can have rush. We play the real pro mode conquest. I called it pro mode because its way more balanced for both sides unlike rush where attackers have a clear advantage.

:lol to both of those points.

Rush is too lopsided toward DEFENSE if the DEFENSE is good.

Conquest = Cap all the flags and then baserape the enemy team for 30 mins. *yawn*-a-roony rounds within five minutes.

So was PS3GAF until vanilla BF3 came out and "OMG NO OUT OF BOUND ANTICS (the only downside) OMG I HAVE TO DEFEND? OMG SUX" *goes to babby 3-flag moed*

We use mics as well buddy. Some more than others but we do use them. Damn I wish we can play the Xbox GAFers because IMO we would mop them up.

I think Lost Supper and Odysseus are our best 360 players. PSBF3 might beat us overall, but you wouldn't roll us over. That said, I hate playing against GAFers.

That was damn fun! But, I have no compunction about quitting a public server if we're stuck in our base, and if the ticket count is insurmountable I'll gladly camp a spot and work on k/d (that's when I'm in a public game, if it's on a GAF server, I'll go all out).

-Silver-

I love you, BF3, I really do. I love you even more when you let me play with my friends, so why do you give me the cold shoulder when I try to make a new squad?

JJD

I'm finally back at home and I really miss playing with you guys, but frankly since the last patch fixing controller lag the game has been unplayable to me specially when I'm playing against good teams.

I can still do pretty well against the average player but against skilled teams I'm having a hard time.

I lost count on how many times I started shooting someone at their back just for then to turn around and kill me.

Adjusting for high ping AND now huge controller lag is making the game not fun to me anymore... =(

I'll probably get a new TV next month so hopefully that fixes my controller lag problems since I'm now playing on a really old one. But if my issues continue even with the new TV I think I will be done with BF until BF4 comes out...

I'm still up for trying to get that co op trophy Evolved, it would be nice to bid adieu to BF3 with a platinum trophy!

Edit: Anyone here plays BF3 on one of the newer Panasonic plasmas? How's the game performing for you (specially if you play on the PS3)?

If you switch from squad to team chat, then in addition to your squad hearing you, anyone else on your team with team chat enabled will also hear you and vice versa. Unless they're in a party chat, not sure how it works on PS3 though.

I think Lost Supper and Odysseus are our best 360 players. PSBF3 might beat us overall, but you wouldn't roll us over. That said, I hate playing against GAFers.

That was damn fun! But, I have no compunction about quitting a public server if we're stuck in our base, and if the ticket count is insurmountable I'll gladly camp a spot and work on k/d (that's when I'm in a public game, if it's on a GAF server, I'll go all out).
The only time I quit is when I'm playing solo with randoms and they're being uncooperative or I get bored of the Aftermath map rotation we've been running for months now. K/D be damned.

Also, is BF4 coming out this fall on next gen consoles? I want to wait a few years for a price drop before I go next gen but if they launch with Battlefield...

BoatAck

Does the 360 crew have a bonafide chopper superstar on their side?

.. and is he on youtube?

/swag

I think OdysseusVA is a bonafide chopper superstar, he may also have videos on youtube.

Edit: Anyone here plays BF3 on one of the newer Panasonic plasmas? How's the game performing for you (specially if you play on the PS3)?

I play on a Panasonic plasma I bought in 2009, if that helps. The game plays fine for me.

tn2007

I think OdysseusVA is a bonafide chopper superstar, he may also have videos on youtube.

Like I said earlier Michael Jackson and a bunch of Titos :)

The thing Xbox GAF needs to understand is that we play with input lag everyday, and if we made the switch to Xbox we would all get better control wise. While if they switched to PS3 they would have to deal with the horrible input lag.

JJD

.. but is he top 1337th in the world?

I'm being sarcastic if it isn't obvious.

You're 1337th man??? Damn!

You don't even play much!

And I always thought you played just for fun...you don't seem to take the game as seriously as some of the guys.

If you played as often and as seriously as some players out there you would be even better!

Congrats BK!

Kak.efes

I think it's PS3 only, and although I don't take the game quite so seriously, my playtime has gone up dramatically over the last month. Winter in Toronto will do that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well, I'm #200 something with the AS VAL so if PS3 and 360 play against each other in hardcore in close quarter and I only see one person at a time who's not facing me I'll tear shit up!

JJD

I think it's PS3 only, and although I don't take the game quite so seriously, my playtime has gone up dramatically over the last month. Winter in Toronto will do that.

Yeah, leaderboards are platform specific, but I still think you're fucking great considering how much time you invest in the game and how casually you seem to play!

Man we have a lot of reliable pilots right now. Faceless said we were a den of wolves on BC2 and that's a pretty good description. We had almost no wings, just a bunch of bloodthirsty infantry and armor players.

I know other people could pilot but Abu was the only one that stood out IMO. Maybe I'm not being fair since I joined about that time and didn't know everyone from PS3GAF.

I still remember all the times I tried to land a tracer on circle strafing choppers when some dumbass random got the AA gun destroyed!

Now we have a lot of people flying...even Olimpia a hardcore infantry player is getting pretty good at piloting too! =)

I play on a Panasonic plasma I bought in 2009, if that helps. The game plays fine for me.

Thanks man, I'm dead set on getting a Panny. I'm playing on one right now, albeit a really, really old set with a weird resolution which I think is the cause of my problems.

I bought a top of line Samsung set some time ago and it crapped on me with less than 6 months. Never buying a TV from then again.

Gameplay on the old Panny is getting progressively worse with each patch to fix for the input lag.

I fear for what the Endgame patch may bring me! Lol!

6 pm - 10 pm Pacific Standard Time. All communication takes place in party chat and does not conform to GAF TOS standards. We're not as active here because it's mostly covered in the party.

I've never played on PS3 but judging from their comments, I'd say our games are a tad bit more relaxed. Usually the only person being berated is me because I prioritize revives over kills, disarming mcoms, etc. Sorry for valuing human life, guys!

6 to 10, that's 6 am to 10 am for me. Maybe I'll just join people on BF3 GAF.

Like I said earlier Michael Jackson and a bunch of Titos :)

The thing Xbox GAF needs to understand is that we play with input lag everyday, and if we made the switch to Xbox we would all get better control wise. While if they switched to PS3 they would have to deal with the horrible input lag.

You're dealing with lag against other players also dealing with lag. That's called a wash.

PS3GAF has us beat on numbers--no argument there. I'd be thrilled if we could stack multiple squads with GAF.

Speaking of being awesome, I'm signing on now.

You're dealing with lag against other players also dealing with lag. That's called a wash.

PS3GAF has us beat on numbers--no argument there. I'd be thrilled if we could stack multiple squads with GAF.

Speaking of being awesome, I'm signing on now.

Lets be awesome together and laugh about this in party chat :p

I'll be on in a couple of minutes.

When you're on team chat, there are three groups of people who can hear you:
  1. Anyone in your squad, regardless of whether they're on team chat or squad chat; and
  2. Anyone outside your squad who's set to team chat; and
  3. Anyone who is not in a squad.

Also, just to clarify, there are no situations where somebody can hear you but not speak to you (assuming everyone is mic'd); if they can hear you, then you can hear them.

if you're on team chat, everyone in your squad hears you, and everyone in your team that has team chat turned on.

Team chat is where you listen to randoms talk about what happened in high school that day.

Seriously though, it's my understanding that only your team hears you. And possibly only those teammates that have chosen team chat.

would still lose in Rush.

just not as badly.

Blog post about End Game

Really like the idea about each map featuring a different 'season'. Should add some nice variety. Air Superiority is also awesome, but I'm worried about the inevitable heat-seaker fest.

Looking forward to this.

Call for reinforcements with the new dropship
But that’s not all. You can also jump into the seat of two new AA vehicles or use the new dropship to call in reinforcements or parachute in behind enemy lines. The AA vehicles is the first time in Battlefield 3 that a troop transport has been fitted with a roof mounted AA turret in addition to a rocket launcher, effectively making it able to defend against both ground and air vehicles. The dropship gets awarded to whatever team holds the central flag in Conquest mode and lets you drop in an additional Infantry Fighting Vehicle by parachute, forcing the enemy to keep close tabs on your position or risk being overrun.

also, Snow Map!

TheSeks

No mention of a dropship on Rush. DICE LEARNED!

IT'S HAPPENING.gif

JJD

Fuck Battlerecorder if the rumors are true the PS4 is going to let us record the last 15 minutes of gameplay and upload it!!!

I can't wait for next gen!

JJD

But what if you could fly around with the camera in Battlerecorder mode?

Well, there's no doubt that the Battlerecorder would be a more complete and efficient way of capturing gameplay sessions, but if the PS4 and the 720 allow us to record gameplay outside of specific game features we will at least have an alternative option if Dice under delivers, or just don't deliver at all.

Imagine all the amazing stuff gaffers would have posted if the Battlerecorder was available on BF3 or if the PS3 and 360 allowed recording of gameplay.

How is the 360 community holding up? I never really got into the online (loved BC2) but I'm seriously considering picking up premium on sale this week.

Is the 360 crew still active at all? Are the servers ok? I read the last few pages but I figured I'd just ask bluntly.

TheSeks

Fuck Battlerecorder if the rumors are true the PS4 is going to let us record the last 15 minutes of gameplay and upload it!!!

I can't wait for next gen!

FAILURE. Theater mode in Halo 3-Reach/4 continues to shit all over DICE/IW/Treyarch's attempts at copying it.

Call me when the game records player deaths and the locations/reasonings of deaths in a file and then loads the map to play those inputs like Halo does. No 15 min limit bullshit. I want the entire 5min-2hour round recorded and able to be put on Youtube if I so choose.

Evolved1

Usually I get booted from servers... been a while since I was banned.

Scrubs.

JJD

FAILURE. Theater mode in Halo 3-Reach/4 continues to shit all over DICE/IW/Treyarch's attempts at copying it.

Call me when the game records player deaths and the locations/reasonings of deaths in a file and then loads the map to play those inputs like Halo does. No 15 min limit bullshit. I want the entire 5min-2hour round recorded and able to be put on Youtube if I so choose.

That's not a game feature, it's rumored to be a PS4 system wide function available for all games. It's an awesome feature that hopefully all next gen consoles will have.

Sorry WiiU... =(

As I'm saying if Dice doesn't manage to implement the Battlerecorder we will at least have this.

Top Bottom