• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How large is the PSN community for BF3? I'm itching for a good online FPS for my new PS3 but I may have to go to COD if there is not an active community.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How large is the PSN community for BF3? I'm itching for a good online FPS for my new PS3 but I may have to go to COD if there is not an active community.

>He thinks there isn't a large community of players on PS3!
>laughinggirls.jpg

TheSeks

Faceless: I have to give props to BadQualityTroll for joining us. He's apparently a Youtuber that's famous for hitting jets and stuff with RPG-7's. He RPG-7'd the attack-decent-run of the Apache that was baring down on me. Insane.

Of course, we couldn't get traction at B after they took my tank out. Ya'll should've ran into the tank helped me fire support the A and then I'd have hauled backwards to reset up at B but by the time the tank spawned they set up at B. Stupid.

And even more stupid was the fact we had like 2 or 5 less than them that entire round.

Pandemic

What the hell is this system.. I ended up downloading and installing this after EA gave me the game for free due to the SimCity screw up, and it made me install a plugin..

I did that, but now it's been searching for a match for 10 minutes or so...

Faceless: I have to give props to BadQualityTroll for joining us. He's apparently a Youtuber that's famous for hitting jets and stuff with RPG-7's. He RPG-7'd the attack-decent-run of the Apache that was baring down on me. Insane.

Of course, we couldn't get traction at B after they took my tank out. Ya'll should've ran into the tank helped me fire support the A and then I'd have hauled backwards to reset up at B but by the time the tank spawned they set up at B. Stupid.

And even more stupid was the fact we had like 2 or 5 less than them that entire round.

that game was just ... bad teammates + 4 less peeps

TheSeks

What the hell is this system.. I ended up downloading and installing this after EA gave me the game for free due to the SimCity screw up, and it made me install a plugin..

I did that, but now it's been searching for a match for 10 minutes or so...

PC thread --->

The Faceless Master said:
that game was just ... bad teammates + 4 less peeps

Yeah, what is annoying is we got the first set and then started dropping teammates like flies because we couldn't get traction on B. If I had two or three others mortar dropping on B like me we could've probably cleared them out and had someone arm while the ones in the "hallway" of flag B in Conquest of that mode on consoles would've tried coming at us mortars.

What's even more infuriating is I (and you!) had to carry that team 9/10 of the time. That Damavand Peak Attack round was TERRIBLE when we first started yesterday. I ate 4 deaths with no kills JUST TO ARM THE FUCKING CRATE BY MYSELF with only you covering them with the M320. STUPID. It shouldn't be both of us you know?

(Hahahahaha and you turned messages off smartly. I yelled "TEAM SUX!" at you like two times that first set)

Oh no wait you didn't. OH GOD. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Watch my "FUCK THEM" show up as well.

Haha, you didn't see who killed "MaxxCombat" as you're trying to arm A second set in the killcam but it was totally me. The random squad-mate that joined us revived you and I stayed in that room as long as I could to clear whoever tried to come at ya'll.

Oh nice. I didn't know you threw the UH-1Y through the garagedoor to hold A. Neat.

Haha, you uploaded my Team Switch to defense on Seine because I thought that team we were autobalanced to wasn't going to win. Then I switched back after you took A and we rolled.

Roki6

Banned
BF GAF i need your help. I would like to take advantage of current xbl sale.
I have 1500 ms points , so enough for 2 map packs

- i play mostly conquest
- i dont like planes and helicopters (but i dont mind them on the map)
- class i use the most is engineer.
- i always liked Bad Company 2 maps more than bf3

What two map packs do you recommend?

Tnx

OG Kush

- i play mostly conquest

Tnx

Definietly Back to Karkand and Aftermath.
If you've already got back to karkand then Aftermath and End Game I say. Armored Kill has good conquest maps but way too big for consoles.

- i play mostly conquest

Tnx

Aftermath and ... Back To Karkand or End Game

-Silver-

- i play mostly conquest

Tnx

Back to Karkand and Aftermath, if you already have Back to Karkand then just get aftermath and save the rest.

TheSeks

Aftermath is pretty bad. :/

Back to Karkand and Endgame, personally.

TheSeks

Ahahahaha. Bet he felt like a dumbass after he saw two jets up there.

TheSeks

He doesn't run ECM or Flares from what I noticed in the jets. That's why the Stinger got him. He didn't see the lock on and mistimed the extinguish.

TheSeks

Seriously, who uses a foregrip anymore.

Anyone doing long distance shooting, IIRC. It + Heavy Barrel = Long Distance Shooting Accuracy? Unless I'm forgetting what the hell they changed it to.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or you using SD for your recording equipment but holy crap the 360 version seems to run "faster"/be more responsive in your videos than the HD PS3 captures Faceless does of us. Crazy.

Edit2: I think a better question is "Who the fuck uses a BIPOD on an assault rifle?"

Anyone doing long distance shooting, IIRC. It + Heavy Barrel = Long Distance Shooting Accuracy? Unless I'm forgetting what the hell they changed it to.

Directly from battlelog.
A Foregrip decreases the amount of horizontal muzzle drift when firing a weapon, giving better control over long bursts. Vertical muzzle climb is unchanged and long range fire is less accurate.

I thought we established it was almost useless a long time ago here.

You just gotta know how to use it...

Edit: I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or you using SD for your recording equipment but holy crap the 360 version seems to run "faster"/be more responsive in your videos than the HD PS3 captures Faceless does of us. Crazy.

Pro gaming

TheSeks

Truly. So pro.jpg

AlmostMilk: It's useless for the most part since they nerfed it, yes that's what the consensus here was. But that doesn't mean it's entirely pointless.

I use it on the SKS to pretty good effect in a replacement of the bipod on the semi-auto-sniper-rifle to make it a hip-fire/quick-"scope"/red-dot assault-rifle, for instance. Without foregrip it isn't as "deadly" if you're using it like the VSS of BC2 Ol'.

As for Assault Rifles, I still use it on the G3A3 which seems to be a good fit for it.

I should probably remove it and mess around with all the guns to give you a better opinion on it but just because they nerfed it doesn't mean it's pointless. Just like the other attachments.

(Of course, I'm sure I drive Faceless crazy grabbing his FAMAS with all the kitted out weapons and replace it with my bare-bones P90 with no laser-sights, sights, or anything like that. Ironsights for pros(TM)~)

Maybe my experience is different because I run mostly silenced. I found my long range combat to improve greatly after I took it off all my guns. Even when I don't run silent, I still find running without it to be better.

TheSeks

It depends on the gun. For instance, I found the A-91 to be fucking TERRIBLE to use with the iron-sights, but slapping a the T sight (forgetting it's actual name) on the gun made it become death incarnate.

Same with the foregrip/heavy barrel/et. al: They all have their situational uses on the guns. You have to try them on all the guns yourself to see.

Or just ignore them all like I do and base the guns on merits of bare-bones.

lostsupper said:

M39 EMR with it's default scope and load-out is pretty good. Kinda reminds me of the GOL Sniper Magnum in BC2 with it's default scope... ALMOST. I've tried to run it like the SKS but it doesn't fire as fast for spamming to where you can't be as "balls-out" with it but it's still good for an assault-type sniper role.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They change the attachments too frequently, I don't even know what the hell they do anymore.

Laser sight / extended mag... whatever to anything else.

I used to use suppressors but I got tired of watching my bullets hit the dirt at range. I could probably throw a fucking rock farther.

I have the foregrip on some stuff, but that's mostly because the game resets my goddamn weapons every time I change them.

TheSeks

Haha, same. I dunno what is equipped to the guns at times because the patches since like Back to Karkand reset the guns loadouts.

Of course, if I notice a laser sight or anything on my guns I generally "EW!" really loudly and repeatedly until I get to the respawn screen and then strip everything off the guns unless the iron-sights are bad.

I honestly don't use extended mag much anymore since they keep musical chairing it around on some of the LMG's.

I will say Mr Snrub/"Anton Sugar"'s comments about slapping the Foregrip and Heavy Barrel on the KH2000 was bang-on for "if you want the AN-94 of BC2 Old back." Shit is BANANAS if you get with it. So good.

Of course, the AN-94 default isn't to be sneezed at but you have to go into that gun with the right mindset to use it right compared to it's BC2 variant. The burst took me a LONG while to get used to but once you get into the "tap tap tap tap tap" really fast like the MP-443 of BC2 Old you find the burst-setting to be pretty deadly even with that recoil kick in mid/close range.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I burst at range with any rifle, but in CQB I want to be able to hold down the trigger on something that just pisses bullets.

I have way too much other shit to think about during a match, and in those close quarters moments I like to have that part of my brain turned to autopilot.

TheSeks

Eh, Burst fire in CQC is pretty good though. You just have to take practice in it. I think burst > full-auto in regards to consistent damage/faster kill-speed as well. But don't quote me on that. It seems to me that in a burst vs auto battle the burst (if accurate) will generally out-damage the full-auto person and survive.

TheSeks

Welp, looks like you 360 people will be jumping ship from the 720 (er-"1-2: Electric Boogaloo") huh?

Guess Microsoft has made it easy for me to choose: PS4 this fall (maybe) and a PC for BF4. Just gotta save the cash now.

TheSeks

ladies and gentlemen, i would like to officially announce that i am taking my talents to PC.

:D! :D!! :D!!!

Where is that Ocelot I've been waiting for this .gif because that's what I'm feeling from that.

If you are completely serious I'm going to start looking up builds right now for BF4. For serious.

Top Bottom