• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This was my favourite map and mode.

Well, of course. Because you fly. The ground-pounders/rest of us hate that map and rightly so.

If it was just infantry/tanks it wouldn't be so bad. But with helicopters circling around? Fuck that. It's the "Oasis" of BF3 for me.

Kak.efes

Well, of course. Because you fly. The ground-pounders/rest of us hate that map and rightly so.

If it was just infantry/tanks it wouldn't be so bad. But with helicopters circling around? Fuck that. It's the "Oasis" of BF3 for me.

I quite liked it as infantry as well. It had difficult sets to capture, and embedded defensive areas. The offensive team had more vehicles to offset the advantage, but it was still a tough slog. It was great all around.

well, i haven't actually tried self-recording yet but there's a separate mic input for yourself and it supposedly records that audio to a separate audio track, dunno if that requires a PC though.

I've been reading reviews trying to find the answer to this. If you get some free time, can you make a test video?

TheSeks

The map itself isn't bad. But the balance with air vehicles ruins it. It's like you said: A good helicopter pilot (that dodges lock-ons like you do) makes the defense round pointless. You might as well sit in the spawn screen and let them win.

Air vehicles are probably the hardest thing DICE attempts to balance because it's either too much toward the ground defense (to where pilots whine) or too far to the pilots offense (to where the ground/I whine).

It's the same with Oasis. I don't hate the map design itself, I just hate what it devolves into because it's the ONLY map "pro" helicopter pilots play because they know the defense can't tag them.

I wonder if having small-arms damage helicopters like they did in BC1 (AKA: LMG/AR/SMG's hitting helicopters do .01/1% damage at a time) would balance it a little. The defense only having one tank versus 5-7 tanks pushing on them AND a helicopter in the first set is a little unfair, double-so that the ground has smoke (thereby breaking locks/SOFLAM lock-downs) and the helicopters have flares (to break Stinger/IGLA and Heatseekers) or ECM (to break SOFLAM, Stinger/IGLA/Javelin with SOFLAM)

TheSeks

Well, 2x EXP has been up for like 5 hours or so now. Guess Monday's cut-off time will be "Tuesday in Stockholm." :/

Faceless you better be playing tonight!

Glad to see BF4 confirmed for PS4. Do you think they'll up the players on each side for PS4? I know they said they'll keep it the same on PS3 with 12 a piece.

TheSeks

Nothing but straight losses (with the exception of a win on Firestorm) on Metro. Fucking idiot squad mates being snipers and useless fucksticks that run AWAY from an armed crate while I go into the NEGATIVES and MVP ARMING THE FUCKING CRATES AND TRYING TO HOLD THEM. JESUS CHRIST YOU MORONS.

I've got like a 20 death deficit now because of this shit. AND THE ONLY MAP PEOPLE ARE PLAYING IS METRO. (Of course, because DERP 2X EXP) THANKS DICE! I swear the only way to get people to play other maps is to have EVERYTHING BUT METRO 2X!

TheSeks

I am upset. I want to play OTHER MAPS THAN METRO. And yet that's all everyone is playing in the two server full list for Rush. It's like why the fuck would you want that when you could get just as many points (if not more) on Seine and that allows BOTH SIDES to have a chance.

Every fucking game I join is 6 players less than the winning (generally attack) team on Metro. EVERY. TIME. And it's always an in progress round.

As soon as crate set is taken you can be damn sure there's going to be 2-4 people leaving. Ugh. 2x "EXP" brings out the worst in the community. This is why DICE never should've doubled the fucking level-cap. It's stupid.

I had forgotten what it feels like to get banned. In fact, I forgot about getting banned its been so long.

All for being the best guy on the losing team.

I've been reading reviews trying to find the answer to this. If you get some free time, can you make a test video?
i'll try.

Well, 2x EXP has been up for like 5 hours or so now. Guess Monday's cut-off time will be "Tuesday in Stockholm." :/

Faceless you better be playing tonight!

Double XP?

i got DOUBLE DEEZ
birds

Nothing but straight losses (with the exception of a win on Firestorm) on Metro. Fucking idiot squad mates being snipers and useless fucksticks that run AWAY from an armed crate while I go into the NEGATIVES and MVP ARMING THE FUCKING CRATES AND TRYING TO HOLD THEM. JESUS CHRIST YOU MORONS.

I've got like a 20 death deficit now because of this shit. AND THE ONLY MAP PEOPLE ARE PLAYING IS METRO. (Of course, because DERP 2X EXP) THANKS DICE! I swear the only way to get people to play other maps is to have EVERYTHING BUT METRO 2X!

lets play CQDM, that's better than Metro for Double XP!

TheSeks

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY CLOSE SHITTERS! D:

I'll totally play CS

But after 5... more like 6PM. I got work.

TheSeks

Faceless: Get on. >:|

Edit: Wow, you weren't kidding about those maps. 13K points easy.

1 good thing cameout from this MS shitstorm..

I got a tag

----

Has it been confirmed that the pre-order of Bf4 will also get the DLC?
Same as the B2K deal, you get 1 DLC.
They'll get you to pay for PREMIUM later.

(The below image is pulled from gamestop, but the offer is the same on the ea website.)
710x330_BF4_ChinaRisingv2.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm not playing for any more stuff sight unseen.

That ship has sailed.

TheSeks

was out shopping for common household items and foodstuff... took longer than expected...

<3 S Note

<3 GN2

You missed my FUCK YOU arm on Karkand. AGAIN. And missed someone getting out of our tank (leaving it completely unoccupied), reviving me at the crate and hauling ass back to the tank and getting in five seconds flat thereby letting me arm (since he was a level 100).

Then you missed all of my squad bailing, making me auto-balance, saying "fuck you DICE" switching back to the other side and going lone-wolf on the crates as we rolled them five seconds flat. :(

(and I did play some Close Shitters, but I lost too many rounds to make that bonus too worth it. I got to attend a party tomorrow but if you're on tomorrow night after like... 7-8PM and I'm back I should be able to play. Otherwise try me in the morning before 3PM if I don't pass out)

TheSeks

Play on official servers. The only way to kill private servers is to starve them.

Oh, I do. But DICE has pulled all but 2 (unless they're full) CQ Dom map rotation servers.

You notice that Top Awarded in that score report? Yeah, that's me owning their asses left right and center and started to bleed their asses to the point of them having to abuse their admin dicks because they don't have one themselves.

I mad about shitty communities.

TheSeks

No1currs about X-box anymore. Jump on the winning wagon
and help me level to 50 faster

Goddamn the team Nick, Bo, and I got put on absolutely fucking SUCKED at least 6 rounds in Rush. And this is between 2-3 different servers. WTF were they doing? I'd even sit in a spot shoot three people as they arm. Rush to disarm AND NONE OF THEM ARE HITTING THE FUCKING AMTRACK HITTING ME. WTF?

No1currs about X-box anymore. Jump on the winning wagon
and help me level to 50 faster

Goddamn the team Nick, Bo, and I got put on absolutely fucking SUCKED at least 6 rounds in Rush. And this is between 2-3 different servers. WTF were they doing? I'd even sit in a spot shoot three people as they arm. Rush to disarm AND NONE OF THEM ARE HITTING THE FUCKING AMTRACK HITTING ME. WTF?

pretty sure team BF360GAF was on that wagon this evening.

TheSeks

Man, had to have someone hover over B second set on Caspian just to arm the goddamn thing since people wouldn't hold it. Left after the Kharg defense round started because fuck doing defense with that team.

Oh where are you Faceless? :(

Overdoziz

Banned
You need cover perk dude if your gonna rock a shotgun. Suppression fucks up your spread and you will miss a lo of cclose shots.
I'm like level 3 lol

I mostly miss because I haven't played shooters on PC for a loooooong time. I suck at moving around (keyboards suck) and and I suck at aiming.

Top Bottom