• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No, he played with us last night.

Btw Faceless, I attempted to join your side quite a few times when things were lopsided but the server was adamant about not allowing me to switch. A couple times I suicided just to do it and the server was like, "Stop switching so much, stay where you are" and I was like, "But I haven't even switched yet wtf!?".

edit: oh yeah... thn and I had a tank battle (it's been forever) and it ended in a stalemate, both of us reversing out of it. Of course my tank ultimately survived, his blowing up in the tunnel shortly after our battle, but it's possible he had shitty teammates wherever he ran off to, so I can't hold it against him. lol

edit2: not to insult your tank piloting buddy, you were a bear on Seine... pain right in the ass. (but I wasn't driving -- not saying that would have mattered, just saying.)

edit3: last night ejas was playing too, which was cool. He is still a good player just like back in the BC2 hay-days.

BoatAck

No, he played with us last night.

Btw Faceless, I attempted to join your side quite a few times when things were lopsided but the server was adamant about not allowing me to switch. A couple times I suicided just to do it and the server was like, "Stop switching so much, stay where you are" and I was like, "But I haven't even switched yet wtf!?".

edit: oh yeah... thn and I had a tank battle (it's been forever) and it ended in a stalemate, both of us reversing out of it. Of course my tank ultimately survived, his blowing up in the tunnel shortly after our battle, but it's possible he had shitty teammates wherever he ran off to, so I can't hold it against him. lol

edit2: not to insult your tank piloting buddy, you were a bear on Seine... pain right in the ass.

You were there too? I'm sorry I missed that. It's been hard to get a full GAF squad lately and I've been stuck in lopsided servers where it never seems to auto-balance.

Evolved1

You were there too? I'm sorry I missed that. It's been hard to get a full GAF squad lately and I've been stuck in lopsided servers where it never seems to auto-balance.

Last night was actually one of those times where we almost had too many and it becomes a pain in the butt to keep everyone together. We were on an official server so the auto-balance was in full effect. Faceless never really joined us, so Thn went over to play with him (actually right before that I was trying to get over but it wouldn't let me, kinda weird it let him switch) and they were pretty much together most of the time until I called it a night.

#2, olimpia, kuri, etc were there too. But it was really late (or early, depending how you look at it) so probably better to get some sleep for work man. haha (btw working on Saturday sucks major ass, you should try not to do that haha)

BoatAck

Last night was actually one of those times where we almost had too many and it becomes a pain in the butt to keep everyone together. We were on an official server so the auto-balance was in full effect. Faceless never really joined us, so Thn went over to play with him (actually right before that I was trying to get over but it wouldn't let me, kinda weird it let him switch) and they were pretty much together most of the time until I called it a night.

#2, olimpia, kuri, etc were there too. But it was really late (or early, depending how you look at it) so probably better to get some sleep for work man. haha (btw working on Saturday sucks major ass, you should try not to do that haha)

Lately I've been on official servers where I've been on a not so good team and gotten a beat-down from a team that would ptfo like crazy and the server would never balance, even after 3 or 4 rounds. Which is bullshit cuz it seems like whenever GAF has 2 squads worth, we always get broken up right away.

Working weekends is alright, I work seven 12 hour shifts and then I get seven days off, so I have a mini vacation every other week.

Evolved1

Lately I've been on official servers where I've been on a not so good team and gotten a beat-down from a team that would ptfo like crazy and the server would never balance, even after 3 or 4 rounds. Which is bullshit cuz it seems like whenever GAF has 2 squads worth, we always get broken up right away.

Working weekends is alright, I work seven 12 hour shifts and then I get seven days off, so I have a mini vacation every other week.

That is actually pretty cool schedule, so yeah... I approve.

Are you a fireman?

As to the auto-balance... I only ever see it work if there's a disparity in player count. Then it will shuffle people to make "even" teams, based on number, not necessarily skill level, as far as I can tell. But when you're clearing servers cause either side is too good, there is inevitable shuffling that will occur, just to keep the player count evenly divided.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Eh, you've just missed Olimpia, Faceless and I. I generally stick to Rush now because I've gotten a bit tired of the "cap three flags and wait outside their spawns" that Olimpia's games become (or they become "you fucking dumbasses can't defend flags worth a shit. *Seks plays musical flags*").

Evolved1 said:
tw working on Saturday sucks major ass, you should try not to do that haha)

It's not that bad if you're rotating. Then again I had a regular Saturday shift for a few months so I shouldn't say that.

(And I should get back to work)

Auto-balance only kicks in if 1) no one is in a squad (so #1-3) or 2) Players in a squad happen to match the "hole" that the other team needs to fill (squad of 2-3 fills a 2-3 gap). If your squad is more than that it won't auto-balance you.

The problem becomes:

Having a squad of 4 and your "skill" level (which can't be seen, so let's go with points since that's a close analog IIRC) is higher than the middle, then you'll probably be kicked.

Squads generally aren't split (or I haven't seen it) but the auto-balance works on a "playing well? Get on the other team" aspect after the initial quickie filling-holes aspect.

funny story... i joined Shambo (who i used to play with on 360) and his [FOX] buddies, and it was pure luck that it was the same EA server as the rest of you. one of them was like "hey look, its other [GAF] guys, do you know them?" and i was like "yep"

they were all impressed, especially with olimpia hahah, he really upset them in one game in particular, i don't remember which...

Because I have work tomorrow. :( But if you are on at... 5PM? I'll hop on and we'll hit 100 for you.

sure! i only have ~5k to go.

TheSeks

sure! i only have ~5k to go.

Easy-peasy something defense Crate-squeezy.

Should get that within a round or two of Rush depending on if you're attacking/defending and healing me.

I'll never get 100 unless they do a 5x EXP event

Evolved1

Faceless, while I'm thinking about it... I know you use the mic sometimes, but I can barely hear you. Maybe it is too far away or something?

Anyway yesterday you were so damn annoying... haha... I know some of your tactics, so leaving the base and stuff I'm always looking for your mines and shit. But even though I know to look for them, they are still a pain in the butt. And you place them far enough apart that one shot won't blow them all up. So I often have to waste a frag, rpg, whatever to get out of the damn base, and it takes forever.

One time on bazzar I was looking for the mines leaving RU deployment, and didn't see any, I was like "guess he didn't get over here this time" and then *bam* you hit my car from the turret! lol.

I kept running into you in the weirdest places yesterday.

olimpia84

#2 and I had to suffer through some games today. There's nothing worse than playing against a bad team that you know you can easily beat but you struggle because the randoms in your team make your team even worse than the already sucky opposing team *breaks controller in half*

TheSeks

#2 and I had to suffer through some games today. There's nothing worse than playing against a bad team that you know you can easily beat but you struggle because the randoms in your team make your team even worse than the already sucky opposing team *breaks controller in half*

Play Rush with Faceless and I in an hour. We need two people to guarantee he gets a win.

Evolved1

Play Rush with Faceless and I in an hour. We need two people to guarantee he gets a win.

I might play for a bit... internet is spotty during the day on Sat though... so... eh... I'll try but it might be ugly.

TheSeks

That sucked. Round imbalance (like 6-7 of us versus 8-9 100 clantards) to where we lose.

And I swear ya'll put me on the bottom of the leaderboard on purpose at times. :/ Get MVP#1 like 2-3 rounds and then suddenly I'm on the bottom. WHEE.

TheSeks

OMG SO INTENSE. PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT THAT WIN FACELESS!?

TheSeks

I can't believe we won that, seriously. I ate so many deaths trying to get those last few kills and take their spawn beacon right outside the starting spawn of last set out when we won. I was like "OMG WTF WE WON?" I thought the crate was armed and we were going to lose, seriously.

TheSeks

Hahaha, you uploaded that video of me on the roof of Norshal and even the SKS kill on dan I got up there. I'm sure you were like "WTF is he doing parachuting down for!?" before the game froze on you. You completely missed me going across to B (someone paradropping in?), I suppressing B. Going to A, arming it myself second set. Sitting in the collapsed building that froze you. Going to B, Evolved and Dan and the other two getting me third set. Grabbing A by myself fourth set. And then taking last set as you rejoin.

Hah, and you even have my messages in there. Oh god. D:

Word to that. Fuck you and your 870, Mahonay.

Awesome games tonight after a bit of a rough start. Adamasappel, you should have stuck around. We had some games where we held the other team to three kills total.

Omni

Anyone else having massive lag spikes lately?

My Internet was capped a few weeks ago because I went over my monthly allowance. So I've been playing on a 64kbps connection - without any lag at all, mind you - until last Thursday, when it was uncapped. The thing is, ever since then I've been lagging like mad. Every other game works fine and I know BF3 is a tad more demanding than Halo or whatever, but it's just that I don't see how it could be my connection. Out of 6 games, I've lagged out of 5 (and those were on separate days)

I heard something about server issues or something, but I dunno. It's frustrating.

Mahonay

Banned
Mahonay is the person to blame...

lol

I believe this is correct.
Word to that. Fuck you and your 870, Mahonay.
The 870 is my precious.

Had a ton of fun playing with you guys tonight. EPIC SNIPERS GO! That last game my usual BF3 group had joined up. I switched over to their party chat and stuck with them for that round. I was pretty shocked that we actually got a couple of M-COM positions on you. I will say what those guys lack in pure skill, they make up for in great teamwork and general smart play. Sometimes though, you need that skill. I was top of my team with 47 and 16, and the next person bellow me was 10 and 19, so yeahhh....

Forgot to mention, big shout out to blahness :D He kept me alive in the CQ Nose Hair match and I ended the round at 39-0 with the Little Bird.

TheSeks

Before people cry "OMG TEAMSWITCHER!" 1) I wanted to join Faceless' squad 2) it split Evolved and I numerous times that night and we kept rejoining the rest of GAF (and this server was the same one those level 100 EVOL or whatever clantards left right?) and 3) they/we had a member deficit as Evolved and Ejas gave us hell.

DAT SKS KILLSTREAK (I could've got them all if I stayed support. :() The killcam doesn't catch it but the tail-end. I dunno how they swarmed that crate (and I still don't with Faceless' perspective) but there was like 6 of them(!) sitting there arming and I was just hipfiring while suppressed and got like 2-4 of them before being taken out.

Everything from this point on is BANANAS.

So begins the Final Stand of our round... (Special Guest Appearance of "OMG THEY TOOK THE SET *HAULS ASS TO B*" by me)

Note me switching to the AEK-971 for that set because I normally have the AN-94 unless we're losing badly to dick around with. Otherwise I get the AK, AEK, G3 as a non-dicking weapon.

Also Thanks for the supression save, Faceless I didn't know you were the one firing on them. At 27minutes you see me in the van all "FUCK THIS SUPPRESSION AND GRENADES SHIT! I'LL JUST HIDE!"

28minutes10seconds is the part where I see their spawn-point and try to haul ass over there. At that point is where I start to eat deaths because there's like 5-8 of them over there trying to flank us while I'm just trying to take the spawn point out to where they can't spawn there.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Final Kill is a knife kill from "Mr. Frizzal" (nice Magic Schoolbus reference there) after he came to revive me when I hauled ass over there. Amazing. I can't believe we won that. It doesn't seem as intense with this replay but mannnnn getting suppressed and grenade shocks in that van was crazy.

Evolved1

I don't mean to be a dick, but that metro round should probably not be celebrated too enthusiastically. You can clearly see the quality of my teammates in the first five mins. We had half the players and they were all snipers. Sometimes in metro you spawn lock an opponent and they eventually switch to snipers, but this team started as no-attack snipers and barely left the deployment. Yeah... even though player count evened out a bit later in the match, I was stuck with those dead weight scrubs the entire match.

Anyway, the first set was an exercise in frustration. I was trying to get the team (on the mic) to switch classes and push the objective with me. And for 6-7 lives I was pressing mostly myself mid-right and getting killed. But I refused to get discouraged and instead of bitching at the smurfs I kept saying "we can do it, come on, etc". Eventually one guy who was playing sniper started following me (this is after I unloaded a clip into his camping face and pleaded with him to follow -- still shocked he actually did) and we got a bit closer with each try. Then there was another guy with us and suddenly we're on the objectives (assisted by the fact your team was preoccupied and pressed all the way forward into our spawn) shit got a little intense around alpha. But we got both objectives and I have to say it was a rewarding moment watching you guys flee into the tunnels. (haha, I kid, kinda)

It was right around then that ejas joined and the next couple sets weren't too bad. We rushed hard and fast for quick arms.

Last set? Ejas, I, and a few teammates (and his awesome beacon) kept the heat on the bus box but your entire team was there and well-focused... despite arming a couple times, we were never winning that round. Honestly if we won I would've been a little embarrassed for you. You guys are a good team and you won a game you should have won.

I have to admit, it was more fun than spawn trapping a bunch of scrubs and that's why I stopped switching to gaf-side for the string of games, since at least I could try to get something going for them.

If you doubt my take on it, I encourage you to look at battlelog and consider the many losses I took over those few hours... very little help. If it wasn't for ejas we probably wouldn't have even sniffed those last crates on metro.

Oh and btw... I meant to commend you on your beacon placement on Bazaar defense second set. That was a freaking genius place to put it. Best beacon I've seen in the game in almost 500 hours playing.

TheSeks

I'm not even sure why you stuck over there. If I remember right you were on my team and then it teamswitched us. I tried to bring you back and you just stayed over there?

But yeah, that team sucked until Ejas and You brought them across the map. The only other squad that was doing work was the Eastcoast players that joined my squad when you were on the other team on Seine and I was trying to bring you back over to our side.

Evolved1

I'm not even sure why you stuck over there. If I remember right you were on my team and then it teamswitched us. I tried to bring you back and you just stayed over there?

But yeah, that team sucked until Ejas and You brought them across the map. The only other squad that was doing work was the Eastcoast players that joined my squad when you were on the other team on Seine and I was trying to bring you back over to our side.

It is weird, I just watched the match from faceless' perspective, how a game can seem so different depending on where you were.

For example, I knew those eastcoast guys who joined were pushing and helping the cause, but I was always going the other crates, I never really saw it up close, just the scoreboard, so yeah... they really put the work in.

Game was a lot tougher fought than I realized. Teams eventually filled up and our snipers finally switched to medic. So I guess congrats on your win. You guys earned it from that video.

And yeah, I just stayed to see if I could help the blueberries (love that term, whoever came up with it) to try and keep the matches competitive haha. Didn't always work out so well. Especially on Seine.

TheSeks

Yeah, they joined on me on Seine when I was trying to get you over to our side. You wouldn't join (which is admirable but I'm not going to do that against 4 GAF. :p) they joined the game and were put on my team and I switched over to Faceless' side on Metro right after because it auto-balanced us again. But yeah, those 2-3 were pretty good. The rest of that team was pretty shit though.

Also are you talking my Beacon or Ejas' beacon? Ejas put his spawn beacon in the bus on that Metro round which was pretty neat to see. I threw a grenade in there, took an MAV out but didn't take Ejas' spawn beacon out IIRC. Got taken out by him or you or someone and then the rest of my team came in to clear the bus.

Edit: Oh, Bazaar. I honestly don't remember second set it was a complete blur.

Evolved1

Yeah, they joined on me on Seine when I was trying to get you over to our side. You wouldn't join (which is admirable but I'm not going to do that against 4 GAF. :p) they joined the game and were put on my team and I switched over to Faceless' side on Metro right after because it auto-balanced us again. But yeah, those 2-3 were pretty good. The rest of that team was pretty shit though.

Also are you talking my Beacon or Ejas' beacon? Ejas put his spawn beacon in the bus on that Metro round which was pretty neat to see. I threw a grenade in there, took an MAV out but didn't take Ejas' spawn beacon out IIRC. Got taken out by him or you or someone and then the rest of my team came in to clear the bus.

No, a different game from earlier in the day iirc. I was a beacon you placed second set Bazaar defense.

I will not say where because I do not want people to know about it. What it lets you do on defense is crazy. I had a dozen or so kills and kept the area on lockdown thanks to that placement. They never got near the crate, unless I let them for the easy C4 kills. (Of course they were't the strongest team or anything, but still.)

TheSeks

You'll have to PM me that placement. I honestly truly don't remember seriously. Like I said a total blur.

TheSeks

OH! THAT PLACEMENT! I've seen a few people use that spot before and it's really hard to get there if the rest of your team defends that area. I'm surprised the placement was okay with you because it was just a quickie "fuck if I'm dead I'll spawn there" for me.

IIRC the beacon has to be placed as if you're spawning from it (so face the direction you want people to spawn) so I'm glad that worked out in a haste for you.

Forgot to mention, big shout out to blahness :D He kept me alive in the CQ Nose Hair match and I ended the round at 39-0 with the Little Bird.

He wasn't the only one, team player.

Speaking of blah, watching him get tank-pushed into that exploding car was a top-three Battlefield moment.

Before people cry "OMG TEAMSWITCHER!" 1) I wanted to join Faceless' squad 2) it split Evolved and I numerous times that night and we kept rejoining the rest of GAF (and this server was the same one those level 100 EVOL or whatever clantards left right?) and 3) they/we had a member deficit as Evolved and Ejas gave us hell.

DAT SKS KILLSTREAK (I could've got them all if I stayed support. :() The killcam doesn't catch it but the tail-end. I dunno how they swarmed that crate (and I still don't with Faceless' perspective) but there was like 6 of them(!) sitting there arming and I was just hipfiring while suppressed and got like 2-4 of them before being taken out.

Everything from this point on is BANANAS.

So begins the Final Stand of our round... (Special Guest Appearance of "OMG THEY TOOK THE SET *HAULS ASS TO B*" by me)

Note me switching to the AEK-971 for that set because I normally have the AN-94 unless we're losing badly to dick around with. Otherwise I get the AK, AEK, G3 as a non-dicking weapon.

Also Thanks for the supression save, Faceless I didn't know you were the one firing on them. At 27minutes you see me in the van all "FUCK THIS SUPPRESSION AND GRENADES SHIT! I'LL JUST HIDE!"

28minutes10seconds is the part where I see their spawn-point and try to haul ass over there. At that point is where I start to eat deaths because there's like 5-8 of them over there trying to flank us while I'm just trying to take the spawn point out to where they can't spawn there.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Final Kill is a knife kill from "Mr. Frizzal" (nice Magic Schoolbus reference there) after he came to revive me when I hauled ass over there. Amazing. I can't believe we won that. It doesn't seem as intense with this replay but mannnnn getting suppressed and grenade shocks in that van was crazy.

my favorite moment of that round

and i was trying to kill that guy, not suppress, hahaha

Evolved1

I got to see a weird thing watching that vid... there's a point near the beginning where you shoot me in the back as I'm chasing a guy down.

But in my game I was actually halfway through a knifing animation when you hit me in the back, and that's nowhere to be seen on your side.

TheSeks

Hahaha, ya'll did! make them rage-quit in that Tehran Round I quit because it was getting too hot in my room and I was getting annoyed. Amazing.

TheSeks

I look like a rabbit on crack in these videos at times. Seine Faceless sees me, I'm throwing a grenade in the front-door and then running out of his view in 10 seconds. Makes me laugh.

Mahonay

Banned
Speaking of blah, watching him get tank-pushed into that exploding car was a top-three Battlefield moment.
Holy shit yes. One of the funniest things I've ever seen happen in BF3. We were already goofing off pushing each other around with the tank, and that, that was just perfect. I could see the car coming up and I could already see what was about to transpire in my head.

Overall last night was a fuckin' blast. Is 360 GAF planning on getting on tonight?

Top Bottom