• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Today we mourn the passing of our friend, The Faceless Master, who received his banning in the midst of the great console wars.

It is a battlefield that just can't be won.

He should've went PC. *smug*

Mahonay

Banned
Are there no official Aftermath Rush (maybe in combination with Conquest) still populated?
On the 360 I only ever see a few Scavenger servers, and then maybe one full Conquest server. That's it. It's barren as hell.

Everything else is a custom server, and 3/4 of them are 300 percent tickets on just one map.

Mahonay

Banned
Word. I might step away from Civ if we change it up.

My big lament is there's no conquest karkand servers.
Huh? I love playing Back to Karkand. There's always quite a few populated DICE servers to choose from. I play the basic B2K rotation that's a mix of Conquest, Conquest Assault, and Rush. It's mostly Conquest stuff though.

Huh? I love playing Back to Karkand. There's always quite a few populated DICE servers to choose from. I play the basic B2K rotation that's a mix of Conquest, Conquest Assault, and Rush. It's mostly Conquest stuff though.
East? I came up blank when I searched a few weeks ago, but maybe I didn't search for CQA as well.

Mahonay

Banned
East? I came up blank when I searched a few weeks ago, but maybe I didn't search for CQA as well.
I think I usually find East Coast servers, but I almost always include West and South in my search query as well. The latency tends to be more than manageable. I don't mind playing on West or South servers at all if that's what's available. Often I'm rolling with a at least 3 to 5 people, you have to be a little flexible if you want to find varied maps/gametypes in servers with enough room. Stupid 24 player count. I hope that's not as much of an issue with BF4 on the PS4 and 64 players.

TheSeks

B2K Only should be CQA, CQ, and Rush. PS3 had TONS of them months back, and it's all Bkak would play
Not that I blame him since that's the best map expansion/pack
I don't see why the 360 version would be any different.

Dreamgazer said:
Shut it, you less than 50 steam games peasant.

Oh, that's how it's gonna be? Just wait for the Steam sales!
I have a lot more than that on GoG/Uplay/Origin/Steam/CD-ROM/Floppy-disks 3.14" and 5-7"'s. So shut it. :p

Or conversely: Get premium to play with the rest of PC-GAF, poor. Ohhhhh. :p

Oh, that's how it's gonna be? Just wait for the Steam sales!
I have a lot more than that on GoG/Uplay/Origin/Steam/CD-ROM/Floppy-disks 3.14" and 5-7"'s. So shut it. :p

As if no one else on the world has those.

You already lost by the fact that you can't play RTS (lol) and Japanese language games.

I'm perfectly happy with my PS3 gaf buddies.

AlexBasch

Well, my PS3 drive died last Saturday. Thank fuck for PS+ BF3.

Also, finally got them two mortar kills, and someone from my team got mad at me and messaged me for being a "cheap mortar cunt".

Well, it's good to know there are guys who defend sportsmanship, even if they're from your team or whatever.

Gotta record your own voice, you fool.

Wireless mic, bro

We should play some Aftermath Rush some time.

Start a server. In MERICA

Nice!

That was too funny.

Never mind, I hate you.

But I love yooouu!

Hahah, I am somewhat relief the video didn't contain any purrrrrrrring or moaning imitations... even though the edible discussion was bad enough. ;)

Completely forgot about that

You could have warned that you are recording... even though that wouldn't have changed the fact that I sound like a chipmunk. I don't know am I ready to face that kind of information about myself just yet.

I did give a warning :/ With a full party chat I don't think many people heard me

Today we mourn the passing of our friend, The Faceless Master, who received his banning in the midst of the great console wars.

Is it a temp?

Sadetar

Most of us like Rush. We also like not getting booted by lousy admins. That limits our choices greatly. We can play some Aftermath Conquest for a while, until the orange burns my retinas.
I have been feeling generally quite positive about private servers this far, but today has proved me wrong numerous times. I also needed to back out from numerous games that will be counted as a loss to me, but I am just not ready for 1200 tickets Operation Metro. I am very unsatisfied at the moment.

I think I usually find East Coast servers, but I almost always include West and South in my search query as well. The latency tends to be more than manageable. I don't mind playing on West or South servers at all if that's what's available. Often I'm rolling with a at least 3 to 5 people, you have to be a little flexible if you want to find varied maps/gametypes in servers with enough room. Stupid 24 player count. I hope that's not as much of an issue with BF4 on the PS4 and 64 players.
I have noticed that even if me and couple of my friends would be able to join a server in a way that we end up to the same team, the adorable admins always change couple of us to back him/her up.

Also I did the mistake of joining and Australian server today. The lag reached very interesting proportions.

Oh well. I generally did absolutely horrid today and I really missed you darlings in the depth of my despair.

TheSeks

You already lost by the fact that you can't play RTS (lol) and Japanese language games.

Who gives a shit about RTS's, foo. Only Koreans care about RTS. The rest of the world cares about Western RPGs and Shootan games.

Sadetar

But I love yooouu!
I am sure he loves you back. I am also madly in love with both of you, so how about you settle this little argue so we can all hold hands, have a lovely walk in the beach and make a sandwich...
aql.gif

Completely forgot about that
Your memory is somewhat blessed. :p

I did give a warning :/ With a full party chat I don't think many people heard me
Hahah, it might be better that I didn't hear it. I had so much fun and didn't think too much about anything. :D

Is it a temp?

Most of the console war related bans been temp or "up to the point of new console releases." I'll ask a mod friend about it later or if we hear something from faceless.

Who gives a shit about RTS's, foo. Only Koreans care about RTS. The rest of the world cares about Western RPGs and Shootan games.

Actually the rest of the world care more about "puzzle" games in the form of needless gem matching and FPS.

At the moment, I want to spend my money on a new 3DS XL and animal crossing new leaf. However, Target is oos already.

BoatAck

Most of the console war related bans been temp or "up to the point of new console releases." I'll ask a mod friend about it later or if we hear something from faceless.

Actually the rest of the world care more about "puzzle" games in the form of needless gem matching and FPS.

At the moment, I want to spend my money on a new 3DS XL and animal crossing new leaf. However, Target is oos already.

Friend code me if you get AC. I'm upgrading to the black XL too.

TheSeks

...This is true.

And a black 3DS? I've been thinking of replacing my busted old-school DS (like both hinges have exploded to where the top screen is nearly about to detach one of these days...) for one but I don't want any 3DS's besides like the all-black one
and it comes with twin sticks because I'm not wading into a one-stick handheld again after the PSP and awkward camera controls.

...I need to get one eventually for SMT4 and AAI2/AA5 though.

(Oh, yeah, and solved the Steam overlay on BF3 problem. Issue is having to close Origin so it stops saying I'm playing BF3 when I'm not, but hey at least my Steam ID and IM's from you will show up in game instead of having to alt-tab to Battlelog to see you whining about having to install.)

/And play BC2 PC with me one of these days, foo. You can't complain about it being dead when there's servers there full of people just not official EA servers.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The average battlefield player is so bad... I think CoD players are probably better on average that BF players.

At least CoD players can read a minimap.

TheSeks

I haven't ever played a Fire Emblem, I should probably do that but eshop credit for something that doesn't have a real account system and ties my purchases to one hardware instead of said account? Ew.

AlexBasch

The average battlefield player is so bad... I think CoD players are probably better on average that BF players.

At least CoD players can read a minimap.
Been having a lot of fun playing TDM lately.

Yes, yes, lolTDM, but things get interesting when I use the MAV or Recons start spotting, I was throwing mortars at almost random but after a precise spotting, got a double kill and a separate one by destroying a mortar emplacement with two recons, got an uplifting message from a high ranker colonel guy who praised me for spotting and not taking only kewl headshots. :3 Been finding a lot of great teamwork in that mode.

But in Rush/Conquest? Nah, let the enemy grab all the fucking vehicles or let's dogfight cuz we're cool.

TheSeks

Been having a lot of fun playing TDM lately.

Yes, yes, lolTDM, but things get interesting when I use the MAV or Recons start spotting, I was throwing mortars at almost random but after a precise spotting, got a double kill and a separate one by destroying a mortar emplacement with two recons, got an uplifting message from a high ranker colonel guy who praised me for spotting and not taking only kewl headshots. :3 Been finding a lot of great teamwork in that mode.

Wow, you weren't taken out for the Mortar in TDM? I don't think I've honestly see anyone "out of body" in TDM at all. Consoles or PC, since someone can and probably will find a way to kill you quickly in those small-packed maps.

AlexBasch

Wow, you weren't taken out for the Mortar in TDM? I don't think I've honestly see anyone "out of body" in TDM at all. Consoles or PC, since someone can and probably will find a way to kill you quickly in those small-packed maps.
Got another fellow squad protecting me, throwing medkits, reviving and keeping guys off me in Kharg Island.

It was fucking glorious. :') And yeah, it's pretty difficult/dumb to use the mortar in TDM, but y'know, having a helpful team really worked.

Sadetar

Got another fellow squad protecting me, throwing medkits, reviving and keeping guys off me in Kharg Island.

It was fucking glorious. :') And yeah, it's pretty difficult/dumb to use the mortar in TDM, but y'know, having a helpful team really worked.
Seriously, sometimes it is magnificent to play TDM and feel that we are actually working as a team.

It is always awesome to get those praising messages. I also send them myself once in a while. I don't mind is it my teammates who are epic or my enemies, but if they do their very best (extremely good teamwork, glorius knifing...) I am going to send them a message saying that absolutely brilliant work and that it was/is a pleasure playing against/with them.

Killigath

Good games last night. I love those 1-0 matches where I'm just gunning and healing Lost and get #2 on the scoreboard. 5 suppression assist ribbons WHAT? Win Win. Win Win Win.

Will be on after trivia tonight around 9:30c. Ya'll come join the crew on Xbox.

TheSeks

XM25 in CoD8:MW3 was crazy broken. Throwing heavy-ass rockets at people from like a M320 position? MMMMM YES.

I dunno how I feel about the remote mortar outside of it being able to be used in a non-stationary position which means it'll probably get some use until DICE nerfs the damage to "wet fart" status again.

(Speaking of which OMG THE SPEED IN MOVING THE MORTAR GUI + AROUND ON PC IS SO SLOW. WTF DICE)

Looking at This pre-alpha of the XM25 it doesn't look too bad. I just wish they'd steal CoD's XM25's GUI for ADS.

I think I usually find East Coast servers, but I almost always include West and South in my search query as well. The latency tends to be more than manageable. I don't mind playing on West or South servers at all if that's what's available.
Well I found some Karkand servers last night so I must have left CQA out of my searches.

As ar as West and South servers, my average latency is bad enough that things get irritating on those more distant servers.

JJD

What??? Is it temporary or perma???

Damn...Faceless was one of the coolest guys on the console BF community...

Edit: Good to see that Faceless is still around!

Top Bottom