• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
https://www.ea.com/uk/news/road-to-...al-gb-socom-fb-uk-socom-tw-tweaking-core-blog

Still reading, but I almost raged when I saw the words QUICK REGEN

the ability to zero your sights (set an aiming distance)

If this means I can have scope-sway removed, thank god. If that's still in ugh.

I am digging the fact they're including the motion mines AND T-UGS/MAV. Means people should be able to set-up intel for their teams the way they want. Too many shitty recons not using the MAV/T-UGS in BF3 so hopefully them using motion mines like BC2 will help those of us "prospecting" for intel.

Overall, we believe we have a great-performing suppression system in Battlefield 4 that doesn’t interfere in close quarters combat, while at the same time allowing for skilled players of the Support kit to really make a difference. Laying down covering fire as Support means your frontline runners can gain a crucial momentum in medium-range combat and still allows you to combat the improved long-range options we’ve given players who prefer to stay back at long range.

Here's hoping. Pre-buff Suppression was pointless since people could just fire through the blur. Post-buff it was BANANAS for close-quarters combat where you had bending bullets. So if they're combining the two while having the effect be a "oh shit I may miss shots, get the fuck away" in mid-long ranges, good.

Looking at perks, I'm glad they're splitting grenades/40MM/explosives from "explosive" and "grenades" into their own perks. Means players will have to specialize and not be able to "stack" explosives as easily. Hopefully helps a little bit with 4-8 squads not having explosives + suppression to grenade spam with.

(NEW) MOTION SENSORS UPGRADE Increases the maximum inventory of Motion Sensors. Increases the range of T-UGS and MAV

Welp, I know what I'm slapping on Recon if the T-UGS can cover the entire area of Seine B's "hell room"/open air of the crate by one T-UGS.

Ody said:
Still reading, but I almost raged when I saw the words QUICK REGEN

I can see where you're coming from, but I seriously hope DICE isn't making it 5-10 seconds before it kicks in. Hopefully they're smart and making it like 25 seconds or 30 seconds over the 45(?) seconds that the BF3 regen currently is.

The only "useless" one I can see from out of box is the unspot perk. I can see the purposes for it but I can't really see that being used too much unless it's some godly thing to counter a maximum spot team (which can still spot you anyway).

raindoc

If this means I can have scope-sway removed, thank god. If that's still in ugh.

That's not what "zero" means.

zeroing = adjusting your scope to a certain distance. meaning that you can adjust the crosshairs of your scope so the bullet hits the center of it at the distance you zeroed in to.

personally, i don't see the point and i'd rather have a range-finder for my scope that tells me - while ADS - with the press of a button how far away the target is, so I can make the proper adjustments myself. zeroing only makes sense if you stay stationary for a while/encourages camping.

EDIT:
Flashbangs - Sounds nice, but I fear those will be either useless due to a too short time of effect or they will be really annoying in Rush.
Suppression - I like what I read, scope sway instead of trajectory-lottery is exactly what I wanted them to do.
Mobile Laser Designator - same as above
"Bro Bar" - not sure if I understand this correctly: this feature resets after each match or session?
DEFIB UPGRADED (Increases charge up speed of the defibrillators) - charge up speed? I like that, should prevent some of the rambo-reviving.
ADVANCED SPOT (Increases time your targets are Spotted) - hate that. as long as it stays in the spotters line-of-sight, a target should stay spotted and no second longer (or shorter)
MP-APS UPGRADE - What's MP-APS?

EDIT2: C4 for Recon... successkid.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, that's bullshit. Might as well "zero" a 4x scope to 4x or whatever to get around the bullshit sway and snipe extreme distances like that.

I just want my GOL with no sway or crazy ADS scope back.

Sounds like all the weapons sway now
while being suppressed

That stealth spec is pretty crazy.

TheSeks

Sway during Suppression is fine. What isn't fine is trying to line shots up and know I could hit if the stupid "breath" mechanic didn't suddenly fuck me over by kicking back in after I set a shot up.

Evolved1

I was thinking the other day... when I used to play ghost recon/socom with my bros back in the day, we had fun names for all the action-heavy or important areas on the maps. Every map.

Then there was a group of guys/website called seasnipers that actually produced these high-quality maps with markings/names for all/any areas of interest. After seasnipers our clan just studied those maps and adopted their nomenclature.

Anyway...

I was just thinking the other day that I rarely hear gaffers call out spots beyond the generic "charlie", "delta", etc. No fun names ever. No "recon ridge", "blueberry hill", "hell hall" or whatever... we should really name some shit in BF4. It entertains me.

Sway during Suppression is fine. What isn't fine is trying to line shots up and know I could hit if the stupid "breath" mechanic didn't suddenly fuck me over by kicking back in after I set a shot up.

Yeah... I get that. If it's really an annoyance to you, might try dialing in you're shot a bit better while your still in crosshair and use ADS just for a quick fine-adjustment. This has the added benefit of reducing your exposure via scope glint. If you're ADS long enough for your breath to run out, you're kinda lit up like a christmas tree to the enemy.

Another thing I will do sometimes is ADS scan with my pistol. When I get a target lined up, just hit switch weapon (don't let go of L1) and fire.

Who was the person that stated jets could not capture flags? Lost? Over? or was it Taffy?

i9WMPqXpG5YSh.gif

TheSeks

That's a pretty sweet dive. I'm impressed you didn't bomb that. :p

@Evolved: I'll have to try that pistol thing for the bolts. At this point I pretty much threw my hands up and just use an SKS like Dream used the VSS in BC2. I can't get "satisfaction" for long-range shots with that stupid scope sway in BF3. And it's not like most of the maps are built for something like second-set to fourth-set range sniping on Arica Rush BC2's sniping range.

Evolved1

On PC... do you have the option to choose your inversion for vertical flight for each air vehicle? Can it be inverted for choppers and normal for jets? Or vice versa?

It's annoying to me in BF3 that I have to fly jets "normal" because I fly the choppers that way. It's really not realistic to switch back and forth during a live match.

I wish the jets in BF3 had an Ace Combat feel. The choppers are awesome, but the jets just feel really janky to me.

I read they reworked some of the vehicle physics in BF4. Hopefully they messed with the jets and collision issues with all the vehicles too.

... i'd rather have a range-finder for my scope that tells me - while ADS - with the press of a button how far away the target is, so I can make the proper adjustments myself. zeroing only makes sense if you stay stationary for a while/encourages camping.

Automatic range finders would encourage camping even more. Also, they're for little bitches that can't shoot. Use a reticle that was designed to estimate range, then remember them. The width of the ACOG's chevron is the width of a man's shoulders at 200yds. The PSO-1's ranges human height out to 1000yds at 200yd intervals.

Well, that's bullshit. Might as well "zero" a 4x scope to 4x or whatever to get around the bullshit sway and snipe extreme distances like that.

I just want my GOL with no sway or crazy ADS scope back.

You're really not getting this concept. Or you're not expressing yourself clearly.

Most rifle optics are zeroed at 200yds, meaning the primary reticle marking notes the spot a round will contact at that distance. To hit at 100yds, you actually aim below the target. So if you're consistently firing at targets at distances other than at factory zero, you want to adjust your optics to use the primary reticle marking. This is done by making minute changes to the angle between receiver and optic.

Done, added you.

If your gamertag is different from your name here, send me a message with "GAF" in it. We'll have a room going this afternoon/evening.

Evolved1

Yeah, zero'ing is something you do when you are going to be a stationary douche. Like if you're up on douche mountain and want to be extra douchey, you can zero your scope so that you won't have to deal with the extreme hardship of mentally estimating bullet drop and compensating your aim. Zero'ing allows you to set a douchey range at which you can just point the crosshair and pull the trigger. This will ensure that the super douche elites never leave their well calibrated sniping spots.

Fine with me... I hear BF4 has some new knife animations.

for seks

I was thinking the other day... when I used to play ghost recon/socom with my bros back in the day, we had fun names for all the action-heavy or important areas on the maps. Every map.

Then there was a group of guys/website called seasnipers that actually produced these high-quality maps with markings/names for all/any areas of interest. After seasnipers our clan just studied those maps and adopted their nomenclature.

Anyway...

I was just thinking the other day that I rarely hear gaffers call out spots beyond the generic "charlie", "delta", etc. No fun names ever. No "recon ridge", "blueberry hill", "hell hall" or whatever... we should really name some shit in BF4. It entertains me.
favorite BF3 callout name: the bitch corner. i don't even have to say what map ahahah

BC2 had some awesome spot names... <3 Kelly Clarkson

Who was the person that stated jets could not capture flags? Lost? Over? or was it Taffy?

i9WMPqXpG5YSh.gif

someone said that? i could have disputed that one easily after cheesing some jet points early in the game's life on 'landing' (badly) on flags hahah.

that GIF tho, that's hot!

Evolved1

I have a question about jets.

Why do they have landing gear? Why is that even a thing in this game, in the context of how the game is played? I get that the hovering jets need landing gear, but why auto-deploy the gear in normal jets under a certain speed? It's just annoying.

It's not realistic. It has no real gameplay use. It's just annoying an dumb.

If they deployed the gear say if you're slow enough and under 15 meters, okay I get that, but why is my landing gear opening when I'm 1000 ft in the air?

lol. so dumb.

TheSeks

On PC... do you have the option to choose your inversion for vertical flight for each air vehicle? Can it be inverted for choppers and normal for jets? Or vice versa?

Linked for the Big McLargeHuge.

That's all the options in the multiplayer option menu for vehicles.

And can I just say using jets/helicopters with a keyboard is hard? I had to plug in a DS3 just to fly the co-op mission since it put me in a pilot seat.

As for landing gear, it's for people that land. Yes, there are people that do that and are able to get it back up in the air in areas that you'd think they wouldn't be able to after repairing it but it's been done. There's Youtube videos of it.

@Faceless so basically it's what those chevrons in the scopes already do. Eh... that doesn't fix my annoyance with long-range sniping having factors throw themselves in after setting up a shot only to screw my shot up.

There was a brief period after End Game launched when B, C, D, and E were Bonertown, Candyland, Dracula, and Elvis respectively.

The white van at first attacker spawn on Seine is the "lorry" for Overdoziz.

@Faceless so basically it's what those chevrons in the scopes already do...

And strike three. Wow.

for seks

favorite BF3 callout name: the bitch corner. i don't even have to say what map ahahah

BC2 had some awesome spot names... <3 Kelly Clarkson

someone said that? i could have disputed that one easily after cheesing some jet points early in the game's life on 'landing' (badly) on flags hahah.

that GIF tho, that's hot!
Revis island, Kelly Clarkson. Adamsapple and PPH2 have a name for every square foot of Seine a.k.a Sy-een Crossing.
I have a question about jets.

Why do they have landing gear? Why is that even a thing in this game, in the context of how the game is played? I get that the hovering jets need landing gear, but why auto-deploy the gear in normal jets under a certain speed? It's just annoying.

It's not realistic. It has no real gameplay use. It's just annoying an dumb.

If they deployed the gear say if you're slow enough and under 15 meters, okay I get that, but why is my landing gear opening when I'm 1000 ft in the air?

lol. so dumb.
Never thought about it until you mentioned it. Do the runways auto-repair jets when flying over them like BF1943? If you have someone operating the VADS near the runway I can see it being possible to safely land and takeoff or at least a slow fly over for health with the added benefit of luring enemy jets close to heavy machine gunfire. Of course no one actually does this which is why I'm going to be the trendsetter.

When I play with Gaf tonight on jet maps, I'm staying in the VADS all night long. Jet pilots, come back to the runway for landings please.

Evolved1

Aren't we supposed to get a beta or something for being premium? Didn't that say that way back?

Not PS4 but better than nothing!

TheSeks

Aren't we supposed to get a beta or something for being premium? Didn't that say that way back?

Not PS4 but better than nothing!

It's on October isn't it? Or September. They advertised that beta WAYYYYYYYY too soon since it should've been last year even for the Alpha. :/

Top Bottom