• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Oh, Faceless: A controller after a week of adjusting to PC:
i71FfEyqDaFw2.gif

Shit is either too fast/slow and can't pin-point enemies that I know I can get the bead on normally. Ugh.

Let's do BC1 at least there my deaths don't totally frustrate me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dWiXCPSN350&t=179

I was just looking over the the OP and didn't see a guide for selecting the optimum camouflage for every possible class, team (USA/Russia), and map scenario

Please amend this as soon as possible.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Camo doesn't really matter. Like Bo says: Spec Ops Black but that was before the Thermal Nerf. Otherwise anything is fine and if you're really anal and micromanaging go with the map background/environment over anything.

BoatAck

Camo doesn't really matter. Like Bo says: Spec Ops Black but that was before the Thermal Nerf. Otherwise anything is fine and if you're really anal and micromanaging go with the map background/environment over anything.
It doesn't matter when you have a red/orange triangle over your head.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It doesn't matter when you have a red/orange triangle over your head.

Yes, but if they aren't spamming spot and don't tag you it can help at times. See where I'm going?

It's useless and pointless, sure. But it can be useful at times if you're wanting to micromanage. I don't because like I said: I agree with you.

AlexBasch

I press the fuck out of that Select button. Even worse when I'm using a MAV.

That reminds me, I got killed several times by that damn black Assault guy who was wearing black camo. He kept himself mostly in shadows and kept himself hidden by almost never going into the open. Lots of mistakes on my part but I swear I couldn't see him sometimes, lol.

I press the fuck out of that Select button. Even worse when I'm using a MAV.

That reminds me, I got killed several times by that damn black Assault guy who was wearing black camo. He kept himself mostly in shadows and kept himself hidden by almost never going into the open. Lots of mistakes on my part but I swear I couldn't see him sometimes, lol.

Racist.

Hello Gaf. I'm tired of playing with randoms (ps3). I anybody interested in partying up? I usually play around 7 est every night.

psn:bloodbathnbyond

AlexBasch

After this embarrassing episode of unknowing racism.

Do the EA Official servers get turned off or something? I can't get them to show up in the search field but they appear from time to time in the Server Browser in PS3. :/

raindoc

Pardon my ignorance guys, but can you see the javelin when it's being pointed at you? Is that what that red light is????

The red light is the soflam not the javelin. There is a different sound that you will hear when you are locked on and when the missile is fired.

meaning that you can't see the guy with the Javelin, or any other fire-and-forget weapons in this game.

the red light could also simply be a laser pointer mounted on a firearm. (I really hope that they get rid of those things, because i'm sure i get blinded by friendlies wearing those more often, than killed by enemies that are not ADS)

LEGGZZZZ

Oh, Faceless: A controller after a week of adjusting to PC:
i71FfEyqDaFw2.gif

Shit is either too fast/slow and can't pin-point enemies that I know I can get the bead on normally. Ugh.

Let's do BC1 at least there my deaths don't totally frustrate me.

Hah, this is ME as well. I find the mouse to be too sensitive, and because of my unsteady hand at times, I miss shots I would normally get on console, meanwhile I'm getting obliterated by everyone else. One of the reasons I'm buying the next versions over PC, despite the fact I own a beefy PC (GTX 680 SLI) and to team up with GAF. Can't wait for 64 players/60 fps with a controller, will be much more enjoyable. I'll just play single player games/campaigns on PC, leave multiplayer for console. No PC elitist here.

So, I thought I was pretty far above average as far as piloting jets go, until last night where I experienced probably the best jet flyer I've ever seen - he/she made me seem like a joke of a pilot. I could not evade him/her no matter what, it was ridiculous. I've never played with someone who could be on my tail at all times and obliterate me within seconds.

As always, I wish this game had a theater mode so I can somewhat see how he/she flies so well.

meaning that you can't see the guy with the Javelin, or any other fire-and-forget weapons in this game.

the red light could also simply be a laser pointer mounted on a firearm. (I really hope that they get rid of those things, because i'm sure i get blinded by friendlies wearing those more often, than killed by enemies that are not ADS)

You can just look at the big smoke trail that the missile left and figure out where the shot came from pretty easily. You also won't see the laser pointer in vehicles, only as infantry whereas the soflam light can be seen by all. And the laser sight is returning in the next game. In fact, there are two different ones now. I always found that the laser sight gave away their position more than it blinding you. If i see a laser in my face, I tend to figure out where they are faster than if they weren't using it.

So, I thought I was pretty far above average as far as piloting jets go, until last night where I experienced probably the best jet flyer I've ever seen - he/she made me seem like a joke of a pilot. I could not evade him/her no matter what, it was ridiculous. I've never played with someone who could be on my tail at all times and obliterate me within seconds.

As always, I wish this game had a theater mode so I can somewhat see how he/she flies so well.

Thanks for the compliment

olimpia84

I really need a new dualshock controller. Sometimes when I push R2 to move with a tank and then click on L3 to boost my soldier automatically jumps out of the tank for no reason lol

Overdoziz

Banned
No 3rd person vehicle use is basically the only thing I actually like about hardcore mode. Aside from that most changes are for the worse in my opinion.

I just switched to Sony Vegas Pro 11... and I'm not sure why I didn't sooner. Rendering in two-pass .wmv usually took ~2hrs for 5min projects, now with GPU acceleration it's been cut down to ~40min (less w/ Sony AVC).

I also need a better PC

Top Bottom