• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh
I thought you would do some research before downloading :/ It's a lossless codec

Ah, I found what you're talking about. The first link in Google was a suite. I'll try that and see how the file size is. I haven't found a video editor so I've just been recording directly through the capture software and balking at the 1-5gig match recordings because those are too large to upload to Youtube (despite the quality being good/"lossless").

Alright, I need a co-author to work on the BF4 console community thread with me.
Kinda want to avoid a last minute creation like this thread.
(or if anyone want to take over, let me know.)

What do you need? Let me know what I can do.
Not much.
I plan to keep it minimal/limited images like we have here.
Just need someone to write up the BF3->BF4 changes, current/next gen comparisons + any promo with me

Also want to have a more elaborate tip/strategy section, since what we have in the current OP is pretty much a carry over from BC2.
(Will run it through evolved, seks, faceless, and a few xbox guys for suggestion.

It's also going to be a bit more chaotic managing group this times, since we'll have 4 consoles to deal with (PS3,360,PS4, XB1.)

Let me know, I'll share the google doc link with you when it's ready

do we even need a console thread this time?

It's funny, cause last time it was the PC side that wanted us out. Many even claimed that the PC thread would be much larger + active. That's been wrong since BC2.

Of course, if the PC players are okay with going back to a joint thread like BC2, then I am more than happy to do that (Sekoku was the main complainer of "we don't need spec/troubleshooting discussion".)

However, I do think with the console generation reset, cross-gen migration, larger friend lists and possible decline of COD means we'll more likely have more newbies + larger headaches than before.

P.S. We certainly don't need split console threads though, that failed miserably both times.
P.S.2. The last time around, many of the "newer" PC players wanted split thread because they feel that BF3 was a more proper PC-battlefield game than BC2 and that the console should be split. That obviously isn't the mentality of the dedicated PC players who were with us in the BC2 thread.

TheSeks

I vaguely recall that discussion but I think my stance was more "PC players may bitch about troubleshooting for pages, do we need that in terms of game discussion?" Didn't seem to happen, which is good but I was never a proponent of splitting TBH. Mostly because I'd rather troll both sides than split.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't want to read pages and pages about peoples' rigs or any of that crap.

Any solution that solves that is fine with me.

I vaguely recall that discussion but I think my stance was more "PC players may bitch about troubleshooting for pages, do we need that in terms of game discussion?" Didn't seem to happen, which is good but I was never a proponent of splitting TBH. Mostly because I'd rather troll both sides than split.

You're not, you just complain about everything and gave the console side a reason to split :p
It was mostly some new PC players who joined the community that wanted the split.

TheSeks

And then the bailed for flavor of the month shooter #2040598094385039840593480583406854098360-9850-684-0985-0198540982350985360985409685409-3863954769354769805347698357463. No reason to listen to the newbies.

If anything, I'd rather you make the "|OT|" than someone like the original OP for BF3 since you won't make it look like a PR Oral piece. Straight and to the point since hardly anyone reads OP after a day.

These are "community" threads. The pc and console communities are very much separate from each other. This and the amount of new players on both sides suggest that separate threads is the way to go.

TheSeks

I'm giving the infrared and nightvision scopes 3 months until they're nerfed into worthlessness.

Which is the way it should be. Iron sights forever. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

A-91's iron sights are SO BAD as is the FAMAS. What was DICE thinking with those?

You could just do a dedicated performance thread like has been done for many other games.

I don't want to read pages and pages about peoples' rigs or any of that crap.

Any solution that solves that is fine with me.

The idea is to create joint community thread, separate from the OT.
That way people can keep most of the initial performance/troubleshoot discussion there.

Again, this is just talk in my head.

And then the bailed for flavor of the month shooter #2040598094385039840593480583406854098360-9850-684-0985-0198540982350985360985409685409-3863954769354769805347698357463. No reason to listen to the newbies.

If anything, I'd rather you make the "|OT|" than someone like the original OP for BF3 since you won't make it look like a PR Oral piece. Straight and to the point since hardly anyone reads OP after a day.

Well, you have to remember it was the first proper PC battlefield game in a long time + different player count with 3. It's understandable where they came from.

Also, GAF is hardcore about its pretty OTs. The Miku Diva F thread recently has a "coup" because the thread creator didn't make a pretty/informative enough op.

These are "community" threads. The pc and console communities are very much separate from each other. This and the amount of new
players on both sides suggest that separate threads is the way to go.

Yeah, that is a concern, but we did pretty well in the BC2 thread and I think both communities were more lively because of it.

Anyway, it's still a few months away, I'll still write up my stuff here just in case.

TheSeks

Well, you have to remember it was the first proper PC battlefield game in a long time + different player count with 3. It's understandable where they came from.

Also, GAF is hardcore about its pretty OTs. The Miku Diva F thread recently has a "coup" because the thread creator didn't make a pretty/informative enough op.

No1currs after a week. Trust me. They may bitch and moan but they'd get over it within a few days. To be honest, I never even look at the OP's of |OT|'s because they take forever to load with 50meg gifs thrown in it. Blech.

I don't see the point in having 2 console threads because the Xbone thread is going to be a ghost town most of the time. I think everyone here said they are getting/switching it PS4. And we all know buying the games on 360/PS3 is just pointless.

Evolved1

Do we have any real info on the training mode in BF4?

Is it just empty maps, or do they have AI or targets too shoot at? Faux scenarios to run through?

edit: oops, wrong thread. too many tabs open.

I don't see the point in having 2 console threads because the Xbone thread is going to be a ghost town most of the time. I think everyone here said they are getting/switching it PS4. And we all know buying the games on 360/PS3 is just pointless.

Well, we're mainly discussing whether we want a PC+console merged thread.

I don't think a separate xbone thread was ever considered.
(man now that i think about, that launch country difference must be devastating to the player base.)

I've always been a fan of one thread for all communities. Never liked the idea of platform segregation when it comes to any game. If it's anything like bf3, the pc guys and gals will be active for a few months but us console folks will be the one keeping the thread going for years. One thread to rule them all.

oh no, don't get it twisted. when i said that i meant PS4/XB1 thread and 360/PS3 poor people thread.

I've always been a fan of one thread for all communities. Never liked the idea of platform segregation when it comes to any game. If it's anything like bf3, the pc guys and gals will be active for a few months but us console folks will be the one keeping the thread going for years. One thread to rule them all.

we should practice soon. when this thread tops out, we should move to the one true BF3 thread.

Overdoziz

Banned
The PS3 and 360 communities are also very different. PS3GAF likes to complain about that one thing on person didn't do correctly two weeks ago in a Rush match they won within 10 minutes. 360GAF likes to wait on Supper who said he would get on in 10 minutes an hour ago.

Evolved1

BF4 is going to own my life... lol.

You guys watching this horrid stream? I can't stop.

Top Bottom