• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Saw a message come up in my battlelog activity feed saying that if you buy BF4 for the PS3 you can get the PS4 version for under 10 bucks. I might do that in case the PS4 version ends up being less fun due to the bigger maps and higher player counts.

No_Style

But you can play the 32 player maps then. I've been dabbling in BF3 on PC and I've found plenty 32 player servers along side 64 player ones. It is true that not all maps are made for 64 but the awesome ones are (Firestorm, Kharg, Caspian)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Saw a message come up in my battlelog activity feed saying that if you buy BF4 for the PS3 you can get the PS4 version for under 10 bucks. I might do that in case the PS4 version ends up being less fun due to the bigger maps and higher player counts.

$10 really?

and everything transfers over?

I may just do the same. Instead of getting BF 4(ps3) though gamefly

Bailers

$10 really?

and everything transfers over?

I may just do the same. Instead of getting BF 4(ps3) though gamefly

That's what they've said. But only within the family. So PS3/PS4, 360/xbone. I'd live it if the stats could go console to pc, but maybe for bf5.

Anyone else noticing bad lag issues on PS3 version? I've seen so much warping and weird things the last week or so. Not sure if it's the game or on my end.

That requires trading in the last gen version at participating retailers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That requires trading in the last gen version at participating retailers.

???
Joystiq:
During Sony's Gamescom press keynote, president Andrew House revealed a program that would allow consumers to upgrade from select PS3 titles to their PS4 counterparts for a "significantly discounted price." UK managing director Fergal Gara told Digital Spy that the pricing will be dictated by publishers.

"What will happen is, the PS4 digital file will be made available on the PlayStation Store - as it would be anyway - at launch, and the PS3 discs will be sold through retail. What the consumer can then do, for a premium to be defined by the publisher, is access the PS4 digital game and then provided they still have the PS3 disc, they will be able to play the PS4 version when they decide to buy the next gen."

Techspot:

Announced by SCEA president Andrew House at yesterday's Gamescom 2013 presentation, the program will allow gamers that grabbed the current gen version of select games to upgrade to the digital PS4 version.

Details are a little thin at this point, so it's unclear exactly how the program will work. We know Amazon and GameStop will push Xbox One game upgrades out for as little as $10 a pop, whereas Sony has only said that PS4 versions will be available at a "significantly discounted price."

Sadetar

brick-lol.gif

I may be the only one here but I actually like challenging games. I like when it's a struggle for both teams. Don't really like shitting on the other team or getting shit on.
Well, I do like challenging games as well and I think that spawn raping is utterly boring and pointless for both teams. Equally good teams and going back and forth is so much more fun. Then again it is hard to find a lobby, where that would actually happen...

I also offer lessons on working as a team...
Ooh.... lessons from Ody... :p

neoemonk

Since I got this through PS+ a while ago, I was thinking about trying it out. How is the community toward new players? How is the learning curve?

You guys ready for obliteration?

The more videos I see of the mode, the more promise it show. Especially on Paracel Storm.

Certainly, that direct tug of war type gametype should be a lot of fun, given a balanced team.

And I imagine/hope that the initial rush for the bomb becomes one epic battle.

You guys ready for obliteration?

The more videos I see of the mode, the more promise it show. Especially on Paracel Storm.

Certainly, that direct tug of war type gametype should be a lot of fun, given a balanced team.

And I imagine/hope that the initial rush for the bomb becomes one epic battle.

Go back to Call of Duty, nub!

sugarman

I replaced my 360 and can't re-download my online pass.. god dammit. It says already used. Can't find it in my download history either.

Omni

My Xbox controller has been weird while playing BF3 lately. I swear to god, I don't even have to press the right trigger and my gun will randomly go off... Really makes flanking a pain when you're uncontrollably giving your position away. At first I thought it was the vibration causing the trigger sensor to go off, but I turned that off and it was still happening. It seems to happen just when I sprint.

It only started yesterday, and I haven't been able to replicate it in any other game (been playing Halo CEA + Far Cry 3 without problem). So I dunno if it's lag or anything, but it's really annoying. Anyone know what it could be? I'm 90% sure that I'm not the cause of it.

My Xbox controller has been weird while playing BF3 lately. I swear to god, I don't even have to press the right trigger and my gun will randomly go off... Really makes flanking a pain when you're uncontrollably giving your position away. At first I thought it was the vibration causing the trigger sensor to go off, but I turned that off and it was still happening. It seems to happen just when I sprint.

It only started yesterday, and I haven't been able to replicate it in any other game (been playing Halo CEA + Far Cry 3 without problem). So I dunno if it's lag or anything, but it's really annoying. Anyone know what it could be? I'm 90% sure that I'm not the cause of it.
it's the controller/game. you have to pull the triggers less in BF3 to shoot than in pretty much any other 360 game. so when a controller gets worn, it can sometimes be sensitive enough to fire just in an idle state.

I've had this happen sporadically since BF3 launch. I've been through four or five controllers in that time. It happens on new controllers as often as worn ones.

I have never had this problem and I have been using the same controller for the past year and a half. Maybe I am lucky?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
None of you PS3 guys seem to be playing anymore (at least when I check).

Overdoziz

Banned
Sometimes when I go in or out of a vehicle I hear the sound of my weapon shooting. Pretty sure it doesn't actually fire, though. Also, I haven't played in over a week because I'm too busy playing DayZ. Maybe I'll play it bit today if others people are on.

As soon as I download the game and expansions back from the PSN I'll be on randomly throughout the weekend PS3GAF if anyone wants to add me. I tried sending Evolved1 a friend invite last week but his list is full.

PSN: xx_shiv_xx

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Busy studying, working, being a one eye pirate.

Just give me a time and I'll try to be on.

I'm probably gonna be downloading stuff most of tonight. The other day I signed up for a new ISP, much better speeds, but then I learned (fine print, back page of contract) they have a bandwidth cap. :/

So now I gotta DL a bunch of stuff before everything is switched over.

Top Bottom