• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, hey, Dream: Was losing and then came from behind. What a difference a change in keyboards made.

Let me know how you want to be paid back.

Currently playing 1943, just can't get the hang of it again. If I see enough people playing later, I'll jump in but I suspect I'll be seeing everyone play GTA.

Personally I won't get BF4 in PS3, playing BF3 in PC in Ultra settings with consistent 60 fps has spoiled me. My brother is getting a PS4 at launch here in Euroland, and he'll get BF4, so I will be able to play a bit with PS4 GAF in November. I probably won't get my own PS4 until a few months later..

And if I like enough the PC b̶e̶t̶a̶ demo and performs decent I'll bite to ease the wait for the PS4 version :b

The amount of people who want dinosaurs in BF4 and don't even play battlefield is hilarious. Does anyone here want some type of dinosaur mode? I certainly don't.

Well, LevelCaps has found that:

Operation Locker, aka this map.

AX3SKPGl.jpg

Is the interior space of this area.

1W5uixK.jpg

Which was sneakily revealed before Gamescom.

sBIdzNsl.jpg

I bring it up because, I'm not too sure that this game needs another Operation Metro-esque map, especially with Metro seemingly coming back in the second assault map pack.

Who knows, maybe 'levolution' could significantly change/expand the linearity. But, I doubt it.

I bring it up because, I'm not too sure that this game needs another Operation Metro-esque map, especially with Metro seemingly coming back in the second assault map pack.

Who knows, maybe 'levolution' could significantly change/expand the linearity. But, I doubt it.

Doesn't it though?

Personally I won't get BF4 in PS3, playing BF3 in PC in Ultra settings with consistent 60 fps has spoiled me. My brother is getting a PS4 at launch here in Euroland, and he'll get BF4, so I will be able to play a bit with PS4 GAF in November. I probably won't get my own PS4 until a few months later..

And if I like enough the PC b̶e̶t̶a̶ demo and performs decent I'll bite to ease the wait for the PS4 version :b

Hah that's a bit like me. Was planning on initially getting a PS4 so that I could get BF4 and run the game more to it's potential(i.e. at least 60 fps, > 24 player count).

Then the EA Humble Bundle came along and changed all that. I don't feel that BF4 on next gen consoles is going to be that much of an improvement over PC BF3 so I'll probably give it a pass. Would ideally want to get BF4 on PC but my current rig won't be able to run it at High/Ultra, at a good frame rate, so there's no real point for me.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...pgrade Select PS3 Games to Their PS4 Versions

Gamers who purchase a PS3 Blu-ray Disc of these four games will find a code packed into the PS3 version that they can redeem on PlayStation Store. To play the PS4 version of the game when it becomes available, you’ll need to insert the original PS3 disc in your PS4 to activate and play the PS4 version, so hang onto that PS3 disc!

So we need to insert the ps3 into the ps4 to play the ps4 version?

For people who will use the store:
Gamers who purchase the digital version of any of these four games will not need to redeem a code to receive their PS4 versions. When your PS4 arrives, just look for the PS4 version of the game on PlayStation Store – it will appear on PlayStation Store on your PS4 for the discounted price of $9.99. Just purchase it and start playing!

So if we get it from the store we won't need to keep taking out the disc to play either version? hmmm

Very tempting sony.

oh, that reminds me, i gotta record a salty voice message i got recently. apparently, using equipment is not something a level 100 should be doing... especially if it influences the rest of the team to do it because they realize that information is a part of warfare.

Rebel Leader

I was about to cancle my Bf4 for ps4 order when I saw this:

This item will be released on November 12, 2013

---

Still thinking on whether of getting Bf4 digitally or disc

olimpia84

I was all about the Sony promo until I've read you need the PS3 disc to boot up the discounted digital version of BF4. It makes sense what they're doing but it would have been great if no disc was needed =/

Either way BF4 will be downloaded to the ps4

I was thinking of doing the PS3-PS4 combo, but i've come to the conclusion that its the worst option :p as you need to download the game, and keep the PS3 disc in the tray.

I'm going with BF4 disc only as HDD space has been very demanding this generation already, next gen is going to be even more so.

Rebel Leader

I was thinking of doing the PS3-PS4 combo, but i've come to the conclusion that its the worst option :p as you need to download the game, and keep the PS3 disc in the tray.

I'm going with BF4 disc only as HDD space has been very demanding this generation already, next gen is going to be even more so.

and forget those that can't get a ps4? Fuck no

olimpia84

Fersis, for the love of God, if you're spawning as my gunner do it as an engineer with a repair tool. Especially, if I'm getting blasted by an enemy tank being repaired by an engineer...

Top Bottom