• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

AlexBasch

Holy shit, these couple of Conquest matches have been insane.

Match starts.
Enemy captures the three or five flags.
Tickets run out.

BAM. Holy fuck, check my Battle Reports, lol. Nine losses on a row, almost all of them on a landslide. I'm fucking back to TDM.

EDIT: PS3, I'm on most of the time, but I can't for the life of me control helis or get kills with jets, so I'm pretty much useless.

Kak.efes

PS3, I'm on most of the time, but I can't for the life of me control helis or get kills with jets, so I'm pretty much useless.

Just hitch a ride with me if you need unlocks. I'd link you a video of one of my matches (from the gunner's perspective), but I forgot its name on youtube.

AlexBasch

Sure, I'm aware that piloting is the real skill of using the air vehicles in BF3, but I think I make a good gunner on the helicopters. :p

I think I got boatack on my friend's list but not you. My PSNID is the same as my username.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I guess the PC thread is dead.

Sucks because I just got premium.

Being a console guy, i would like to hear impressions on best maps from you guys.

Preemo

Banned
Define “best“.

the ones who play conquest maps with vehicles. run an engi kit, and know when and how to hop out and repair. also those who shun not the recon class, but recons that use sniper rifles.

if your favorite map is metro, get help.

talah market > metro

the ones who play conquest maps with vehicles. run an engi kit, and know when and how to hop out and repair. also those who shun not the recon class, but recons that use sniper rifles.

if your favorite map is metro, get help.

talah market > metro

Come now. Metro on consoles is actually pretty fun. PC is where the map descends into chaos and madness.

olimpia84

Metro Conquest is one of the most fun maps and hence one of my favorites. Its design is bad but knowing how to play the map makes it fun whether you're facing a good team or a sucky team (love going out of bounds to kill people in this map when my team has all 3 flags).

Other maps I like: Gulf of Oman, Seine Crossing, Sharqi & Karkand CQA (as long as I'm playing in the offense team), Gran Bazaar

1)I believe an all infantry team will easily beat a good all vehicle team on conquest. So I disagree.

2) I believe the community overplay the engineer love and need to focus more on class balance/situational need. This is especially true in challenging games where players can seemingly lose focus on their priority. (ex: games where support's c4 manages to take out a tank that 4-5 engineers can't take out. games where engineers waste too much time killing/fixing/spwaning on vehicles and lose flags.) So I disagree.

3) The recons that should be shunned are the ones that camp and snipe with no sense of priority (ex: going for distant enemy as for one near objective.) That said, I can't snipe for shit but the SKS/VSS is still damn fine. So I disagree.

For that reason, I'm not who you want to add :p

3.0 and above for what? If I played medic 24/7 then my KDR would be stupidly high but C4 is just too much fun to play with. I go 2.0 as a bare minimum and feel ashamed to call myself a fps gamer for anything lower.

Tsk tsk

I simply don't have the time nor patience to teach you, young grasshopper.

So, I'm debating on whether to purchase the ElGato Game Capture (sitting at checkout). I don't record as often, but having an HD capture card would nice compared to the potato I'm currently using.

Help me decide ya'll

So, I'm debating on whether to purchase the ElGato Game Capture (sitting at checkout). I don't record as often, but having an HD capture card would nice compared to the potato I'm currently using.

Help me decide ya'll

You're not gonna force anyone here to watch you play are you?

Because I choose death.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/?beta-dates-091613

PlayStation Offers

All Retailers (EU, US)

Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.

wait... WHAT!?

Kak.efes

So is BF4 only going to launch with like, four maps? I could have sworn by this point leading up to the launch of BF3, they had shown all of them (ten?). It wouldn't surprise me in the least coming from EA.

Top Bottom