• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Poopin' time?

639.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dream says this while ignoring the fact I'm considering downloading the PS3 "beta"/demo
to just smug myself with all the downgrades that'll come to it
to play the beta to see how good/bad the port is.

Dunno if I'd pay $60 for a console that'll be dead in a month plus them wanting me to pay to play online. Nope nope nope.

Dream says this while ignoring the fact I'm considering downloading the PS3 "beta"/demo
to just smug myself with all the downgrades that'll come to it
to play the beta to see how good/bad the port is.

Dunno if I'd pay $60 for a console that'll be dead in a month plus them wanting me to pay to play online. Nope nope nope.

So basically I'm right.

Dreamgazer: so basically I'm right
TheSeks: Not really. If PS4 was free online play, I'd have went that direction no joke.
Dreamgazer: but it's not
TheSeks: But as soon as Sony announced a pay wall for the online play, I went PC.
Dreamgazer: so you're going pc
Dreamgazer: 4k on your 19 inch monitor
Dreamgazer: I'm right
TheSeks: Whatever you want to tell yourself to sleep at night.
Dreamgazer: I'm wrong?
TheSeks: I'll still be downloading the "beta" on PS3 to play it.
TheSeks: (Because I bought premium there as well so...)
Dreamgazer: beta is not the actual game
TheSeks: The actual game if it was $30 for this previous gen? I'd probably get it.
Dreamgazer: hunting beast needs an answer
TheSeks: But spending $120 day one? Can't do that.
Dreamgazer: am i right?
TheSeks: No.
Dreamgazer: dudeeeeeee
Dreamgazer: you're not going consoles
Dreamgazer: stop trying to confuse people
TheSeks: I totally would buy the PS3 version if people were playing that.
TheSeks: And it wasn't $60 day one.
TheSeks: (On top of having to buy premium twice)
Dreamgazer: so you're not buying it day 1
Dreamgazer: but you might buy it
TheSeks: Right.
TheSeks: BUT we both know everyone is going to migrate to PS4 by the time the PS3 version hits $30 so...
TheSeks: I may buy it just to dick around by myself in it maybe.
Dreamgazer: so you're not going to buy it
Dreamgazer: so you might buy it to dick around by yourself
Dreamgazer: but you can do that with the pc version
TheSeks: Ding-ding.
Dreamgazer: so you're not going buy it
TheSeks: And I can do it with the PS3 verison if I buy it as well.
Dreamgazer: but you're not
TheSeks: No, I'm going to buy it. When it's cheap.
Dreamgazer: cause you can just do it on the pc
Dreamgazer: so you will buy it
Dreamgazer: even if you can just do it on the pc
TheSeks: Yes.
TheSeks: Exactly.

There you have it people. Sekoku will be buying bf4 on the ps3.

TheSeks

So basically I'm right.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

There you have it people. Sekoku will be buying bf4 on the ps3.

Translators note: What Dreamy is saying is "Sek will buy it when the PS3 version is good and dead on GAF since he's waiting for the 'Premium' re-release to be $30 there."

Sorry I've been MIA, for like...a while. BF3 kind of lost its allure because of concentrating on school, then my ps3 broke and now I'm only borrowing one till December. Guess ill see a lot of you on PS4...whenever I get one. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Beta is out today right? Will check and download when I get home later today

We here in the US probably won't have it until this evening. GCT as usual. This was basically confirmed by DICEA.

TheSeks

Beta is out today right? Will check and download when I get home later today

Right, rolling out in a "wave" for Europe. GCT as usual for the US.

Speaking of which:

From Facebook:

Birgirpall said:
BF4's battlelog offers a personal emblem creator... I do not think they realize the amount of penises that will be created.

Seems DICE did not learn from Activision and avoid that. Yay. </sarcasm>

I expect there to be a penis-GAF logo for PS3 and PS4-GAF.

TheSeks

wtf does this come from?

Mara. Always. Forever.

The Faceless Master said:
Of course they know people will make a penis shaped emblem. Gotta take the bad with the good.

I don't get the fuss for an emblem creator, but I'm an old man yelling at clouds for "wasted features and they still don't put text-chat in the console versions!"

Overdoziz

Banned
Aside from the vehicle auto-repair (which I haven't used in action yet) BF4 seems fine so far. Controls and the new ammo/health packet system will require some getting used to, though. I'm just glad that there's no more black screen when spawning and you can change settings right after dying without having to wait for the killcam for 5 seconds.

Aside from the vehicle auto-repair (which I haven't used in action yet) BF4 seems fine so far. Controls and the new ammo/health packet system will require some getting used to, though. I'm just glad that there's no more black screen when spawning and you can change settings right after dying without having to wait for the killcam for 5 seconds.

That's not what you were supposed to say...

BF4 is fucked

TheSeks

BF4 was made for babbies

Ask Over and Elzar

Goddamn, is that 360?

I don't like the new spawn screen. It's HORRIBLE. Maybe the console version fixes this and if I rabble DICE enough they'll copy it but I'm so used to using WASD and the D-pad to spawn from BF3 I can't adjust to having to move my mouse over shit to spawn. :/

Overdoziz

Banned
RIP whoever is buying this on current gen consoles. The framerate when looking at or being in the middle of the map after the building has collapsed is absolutely horrible. Also, there are points on the map where if you look slightly around the corner buildings and players(!) will disappear until you go further around that corner.

Here's a picture of it:
OY9UU26.jpg

Dave1988

Yeah, played a few rounds today (two with Noise) and I'm defo picking up the PS4 ver. The PS3 version just isn't worth shelling out 200 PLN on it. I'll use the beta to get my fix until the next gen version ships.

blahness

RIP whoever is buying this on current gen consoles. The framerate when looking at or being in the middle of the map after the building has collapsed is absolutely horrible. Also, there are points on the map where if you look slightly around the corner buildings and players(!) will disappear until you go further around that corner.

Here's a picture of it:

Pssst... its beta.

But yes, I do feel sorry for anyone buying this for current gen consoles.

TheSeks

Over missing the point of the word "beta."

Has the game gone gold? No? Then don't worry about it yet. Yes? Then RonPaulIt'sHappening(toGoToPC).gif-it.

Evolved1

Up via search on US PSN.

As per seks... you have to go to BF4 page and select "try free demo". It's not listed as a beta.

TheSeks

I will say you might want to temper your rage/expectations, Evolved. I'm pretty sure you're going to say "OMG IT'S SHIT" out of the gate. I didn't like it at the start but playing for two hours (still haven't ranked up yet on PC) it's starting to grow on me a little. Outside of people camping the elevators it's actually a pretty good map to demo stuff on. Parachuting from the big Skyscarper while having mini-elevators for elevation on the other flags (D being notable for having and elevator and then having "hole" battles between the "Glass bridge"/roof after you blow the glass up. Got an 18 kill streak there or something one round with the LMG.

Speaking of which the LMG is BANANAS (say it again) B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Like no recoil on the sumbitch. Insane.

Evolved1

I will say you might want to temper your rage/expectations, Evolved. I'm pretty sure you're going to say "OMG IT'S SHIT" out of the gate. I didn't like it at the start but playing for two hours (still haven't ranked up yet on PC) it's starting to grow on me a little. Outside of people camping the elevators it's actually a pretty good map to demo stuff on. Parachuting from the big Skyscarper while having mini-elevators for elevation on the other flags (D being notable for having and elevator and then having "hole" battles between the "Glass bridge"/roof after you blow the glass up. Got an 18 kill streak there or something one round with the LMG.

Speaking of which the LMG is BANANAS (say it again) B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Like no recoil on the sumbitch. Insane.

The only thing that would bother me out of the gate is if there was some weird shit going on with the controls. Like bad input lag, or changing the helicopter/whatever controls for no good reason.

edit: 4 mins left on the DL. Will see soon enough.

Evolved1

Seks is there a server list? I want to dick around in the choppers a bit.

TheSeks

I do like being able to go underwater now. Good for stealth insertions but they need an O2 meter instead of the screen going brownish/damaging you to tell you you've been under too long.

Plus there's sprinting in water. Basically you do a longer front-stroke in water if you sprint. It's interesting. And you can't use your primary in the water but you can use your pistol. I got a good knife in hip-wading and then pistol in full water killstreak at the end of a round.

Haven't tried Domination yet. Want to see Conquest on consoles.

I will say the major disappointment is the "Levloution" (ugh)/Destruction 4.0 ground deformation. Even on PC I couldn't trigger that ground collapse in the tunnel of B. I'm wondering if it's disabled for the beta or I'm doing something wrong.

Seks is there a server list? I want to dick around in the choppers a bit.

I'm at 92% so I can't say right now. But if it's like the PC version: Yeah. The question is if it's Battlelog'd like Over and the 360 beta players say select does. :/

Evolved1

This install is longer than the fucking download.

Just kill these consoles already... christ. Mercy killing.

TheSeks

Jesus Christ these graphics:
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png

And having Spot on L2/R2.
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png

Why can't I switch it back to select DICE? "Veteran Lefty" would be nice if it didn't switch the goddamn fire/aim to those otherwise if I have to use a trigger for spotting.

jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png
jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png
3 flags on consoles versus the 5 on PC. :lol :lol :lol Oh, DICE... you can't at least attempt to have map movement over "hold two flags you win, yay?"

TheSeks

All that aside, I still have it not playing consoles for like two months. 22-14 KDR try-hard mode (still lost by like 5 tickets since my team couldn't defend "B"/C/Skyscraper for shit).

LMG is still bananas even on console. Love it.

Evolved1

The weirdest control thing for me is having fire main on L2 for the choppers and tanks... I hate it. Otherwise, changes to controls are fine.

I really like spot on R2, so maybe it was worth it to switch up the controls to accommodate it.

Game feels pretty weird though, in general.

Tanks feel like they're made of paper... no feeling of weight to them anymore.

Top Bottom