• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who needs a college degree anyway? What with the economy and government the way they are.

Grab an imaginary RPG-7 and get back to work on capping those crates.

Is everyone here in agreement that the BF4 Current-Gen Consoles Beta is lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired?

FTFY
----------------------------

The PC beta is alright. Although the map is just really boring.

BF betas been getting worse by each release...

BC2-PS3 Closed Beta (Arica Harbor Rush) > BC2 Open Beta (Port Valdez Rush) > BF3 Beta (Metro w/vehicle.) > BF4 Beta

TheSeks

Gurl, don't make me take off my earrings and DRAG you. You just did not say Port Valadez is a terrible map. *head round-the-block motion*

> BF3 Beta (Metro w/vehicle.)

Also that's not true. Metro did not have vehicles AFAIR from the BF3 beta. Show me proof of vehicles from the BF3 beta.

TheSeks

never said it was a terrible map.

It's just nowhere as good as Arica.

You said:

Port and Arica > most of BF3's maps hell even BF4's.

I'd go so far as to say BC2's maps in general are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> non-B2K BF3 and BF4's maps.

I'd go so far as to say BC2's maps in general are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> non-B2K BF3 and BF4's maps.

BC2 had the strongest launch maps in a game since Halo 2, for me personally.

I can't tell if you're disagreeing or agreeing with me.

Again, Arica > Port > Metro > Shanghai.

Each subsequent beta got worse. A score of 99 is worse than 100, that doesn't make 99 terrible.
Unless you're suggesting that Port = arica tier.

Overdoziz

Banned
Looks to me like Siege of Shanghai could work a lot better in Rush than it does in Conquest, although I'm skeptical about the middle area with only one bridge connecting it to the mainland.

Looks to me like Siege of Shanghai could work a lot better in Rush than it does in Conquest, although I'm skeptical about the middle area with only one bridge connecting it to the mainland.

Place M-coms in the two elevators. Automatically changes floor every 2 minutes.

TheSeks

Unless you're suggesting that Port = arica tier.

Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. It's a pretty memorable map
in Rush
, provided people don't abuse the destruction. I had just as much fun on that map attacking as I did on Aricas.

Faceless said:
beta Valdez > alpha Arica

Alpha Arica is just the same map as final Arica, isn't it? I mean map wise. Gameplay wise they took out repairing the crates, and stuff like that yeah...

The way the elevators work is the worst. Looks like they were just shoehorned into the game.

I really dunno why DICE didn't learn from Shoots and Ladders (AKA: "Strike at Karkand") TWICE now they've had "one way up to the roof and people can camp that way. TROLLOLOLOL" and still haven't fixed it. What the fuck?

FTFY
----------------------------

The PC beta is alright. Although the map is just really boring.

BC2-PS3 Closed Beta (Arica Harbor Rush) > BC2 Open Beta (Port Valdez Rush) > BF3 Beta (Metro w/vehicle.) > BF4 Beta
Betas? You could say that about the finished products:

BC2 > BF3 > and preemptively, BF4

You can't lose when it has not happened.

fb0.jpg

BoatAck

BF4 is so awful on PS3, I'm almost inclined to cancel on PS4.

Also, the fact that there is no option to have the same controller layout as BF3 is terrible. What would that take, five minutes worth of coding? Awful.

No shit. The controls for the tank are fucking garbage. Stick is horrible for doing anything other than moving forward and veteran is pretty awkward as well. I really hope the full game includes BF3 controls.

TheSeks

No shit. The controls for the tank are fucking garbage. Stick is horrible for doing anything other than moving forward and veteran is pretty awkward as well.

*ZoominonFaceless'facetearsstreamingdown.gif*

I really hope the full game includes BF3 controls.

It's already there.
On PC. *smug smug smuggy smug*

Also the game is doing me a favor with these "LOST CONNECTION TO EA ONLINE" on the PS3 version. Half these teams I join have no idea how to hold TWO FUCKING FLAGS TO BLEED PEOPLE. WE DON'T NEED THREE EXCEPT FOR SPEED AND THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE EVERY FUCKING ONE THERE. ARKDGHJLKGJLKJDFGKLGJDFKLASFJADKLSJFDALSKFJDAS *bangs head into desk*

olimpia84

Well, me trying the beta is postponed indefinitely. Got my new HDD in the mail, did the whole backup BS which took forever but now I can't get the old HDD out because of the stupid fucking blue screw holding the tray. I don't know what else to try, this is really stupid.

TheSeks

Well, me trying the beta is postponed indefinitely. Got my new HDD in the mail, did the whole backup BS which took forever but now I can't get the old HDD out because of the stupid fucking blue screw holding the tray. I don't know what else to try, this is really stupid.

Just download it to try. FFS. It's not like you can't redownload it later for your harddrive.

Ah, a phat ps3 I presume?
Yes, it's really tight. I had to use plier to twist and turn it out.

It's already there. On PC. *smug smug smuggy smug*

The PC controls are the exact same as BF3's. *smug*

You're forgetting pop-in.

Which isn't on the PC beta. *smug smug smuggy smug smug*

Sounds like you should get a new GPU, Dreamy. *smug smug smuggy smug smug*

So basically PC is the same as BF3's controls. *smug smug smuggy smug*

TheSeks said:
DAT LACK OF DirectX11. *smug PC player*

Can you find a new word already.

Reverse Psychology, now sekoku will use "smug smug" on all of his posts.

olimpia84

Just download it to try. FFS. It's not like you can't redownload it later for your harddrive.

Don't feel like downloading it now. Don't feel like turning my PS3 on at all.

Ah, a phat ps3 I presume?
Yes, it's really tight. I had to use plier to twist and turn it out.

Yeah, it's a phat model. The only pliers I had got stolen when I helped a friend move so there's that. Will have to go to the hardware store tomorrow and buy me some new ones...what a pain in the ass

TheSeks

Can you find a new word already.

Gurl... If you think I'm serious...

Olimipa: You're still on a Peter Parker? That's impressive. I thought all of those died for sure by now. Especially with how much time you put into BC2 and BF3.

olimpia84

I have the 80GB phat which I believe was the last one they released in that line so maybe it's more durable than the earlier ones...I dunno.
I'm impressed too, thousands of hours on Battlefield games alone, plus hundreds from all the other games I own, plus Netflix, etc.

TheSeks

Is yours non-BC? Maybe that's what is saving yours. Mine was the MGS4-80gig PS2 BC one and died.

Off the top of my head

- Player movement. When I went back to BF3 after trying 4, the difference was night and day. 3 is so much snappier and fluid
- Control layouts.
- Vehicle/heli speeds and maneuverability. The best I can explain it is that I felt the tank and trucks drove like go-karts. Being able to make such tight turns at full speed.
- Auto-repair when disabled and at the rate it repairs. Ridiculous.
- I don't think there is a single weapon that has bullet drop. Sniper rifles definitely don't.
- Bullet spread is nearly nonexistent compared to BF3
- RPGs locking onto vehicles
- Got damn I hate the control layouts.

Buy you hated it from the beginning.

Soon, you'll become the Darth Vader of Battlefield.

Won't be purchasing BF4 if certain things don't change.

The more I play BF4 the more I'm liking it

Of course you would

That's because it sucks on the PS3/360.

It sucks because the game sucks

olimpia84

Finally got the fucking blue screw out, installing new update now, then have to restore all the data from my old HDD, then download the beta...yeah I'm not playing this today either from what it looks like.

Top Bottom