• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I sometime forget how frustrating this game is with randoms.

Usually, if I'm by myself, I'll play conquest, it doesn't get too aggravating with randoms.

But rush...oh boy.

It really boils down to this...randoms (in what seems like every game) possess little to no awareness, it boggles the mind. BOGGLES!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
to cater to ... yeah ... game mode gonna see more quits than squad rush. oh yeah, RIP Squad Rush.

I dunno. There may be a segment into that sort of thing. But I ain't. One life to live modes are fine, but not really for me with the exception of Counter-Strike/Search and Destroy to where I can't give a damn too much.

Diffuse just sounds like a OLTL mode of Obliteration.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Too bad they didn't steal Socom/CS "Demolition"... 8v8, bomb in the center of the map, you have to pick it up and plant/detonate on opponent's spawn.

Probably the best game mode ever created. It never gets boring. And it's way better than CoD's search and destroy.

TheSeks

Too bad they didn't steal Socom/CS "Demolition"... 8v8, bomb in the center of the map, you have to pick it up and plant/detonate on opponent's spawn.

Obliteration is kinda that. Just it's more leaning toward "Sabotage"(CoD)/"Blast Resort"(Halo) than S&D/Counter-Strike/Demolition.

Basically, Sabotage/BR is that. Bomb at t he center of the map, both teams fight to pick it up. Tug of war ensues as you try to take the bomb to the plant site. BR has attack/defend rounds like Rush. I think there's a neutral bomb version as well but I never saw it in matchmaking.

With respawns it kinda becomes a football round but with no tossing and having to dodge hit-scan bullets.

Evolved1

I'm speaking of no-respawn mode though... and an un-random bomb. and only one place to detonate it (opponents' single spawn point).

There's just something about that mode that is perfectly balanced. The matches always seemed to flow naturally and you almost never had a stalemate. Often very close games too. I miss playing it.

Obliteration will probably be fun too... but for the no-respawn mode I just would have rather they took a page from Socom than rip off the inferior CoD S&D variant.

TheSeks

Thinking on it, I think Sabotage is an "evolution"/dumbing down of UT2K3's Bombing Run. Just without the passing the ball.

You have the PC version. There's is nothing to "fear" there when you already know.

Or, like Faceless said... :p

The PC version I can somewhat control that base on the server selector.

On the console side not so much

BTW My WLR finally dropped below 5.25 thanks to stupid pubs today -_- *cries*

Evolved1

Btw... after the recent BF4 beta thread, I'm requesting a console thread for BF4.

A large number of PC gamers seem unable to talk about anything other than specs... makes the threads really uninteresting to read. I think the BC2 thread must have been some kind of anomaly.

TheSeks

Btw... after the recent BF4 beta thread, I'm requesting a console thread for BF4.

A large number of PC gamers seem unable to talk about anything other than specs... makes the threads really uninteresting to read. I think the BC2 thread must have been some kind of anomaly.

Can't handle my 8gig GDDR5 entering your threads, huh? *smug*

Dreamgazer said:
The PC version I can somewhat control that base on the server selector.

Yeah, with the player count thing. But I'm talking "general playerbase" which is going to be the same no matter the platform. You have no idea how many times I've still had to beg for ammo/health from people on PC.

People are going to be idiots no matter the playercount.

Can't handle my 8gig GDDR5 entering your threads, huh? *smug*

People are going to be idiots no matter the playercount.

You don't have 8GB of DDR5.

The effect of dopey players intensifies with higher player counts because there's a limit to how much GAF we can marshal to deal with it. If there was a way to effectively coordinate 20+ GAFfers in a 64-player server, we'd be golden.

32-player Rush is going to be awesome in BF4.

Wulv

Neo Member
Let me know what you all think of the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vzl_a1oyHM

Best viewed through HTML5 -> WebM
Great extension for Chrome/Iron/Etc
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/html5-video-for-youtube/dolajcekhnohkpncmhgledbmndjpblei

I feel I need more bitrate than what this capture card can offer (14Mbps). Would like at least 25Mbps :/

if you want better quality on Youtube you should do that trick someone talked about on gaming side where they cap at 720p and re-render at 1440p with a straight pixel double and upload it.

me? i actually dropped my bitrate from 12mbps to 8mbps. i trief 4 but it was really bad.

TheSeks

Afterburner is the same.

You might want to try Open Broadcaster Software and just have it set to local captures like I did. My problem is my upload speed is REALLY bad so capping matches and uploading them would take 3 hours per round on Youtube which is pretty insanely bad. But the quality from it seemed decent from Dream banging his head to help me out on trying it.

But it depends on if you have a quad-core. IIRC capping without external software requires at least above a dual-core in CPU.

OBS didn't work. Whenever I attempted to configure the settings for the capture card all I would see were empty boxes. And yeah, Afterburner didn't pan out either.

I may end up returning it to get the ElGato, or hope the author of AmarecTV updates it to support the device.

Top Bottom