• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OBS didn't work. Whenever I attempted to configure the settings for the capture card all I would see were empty boxes. And yeah, Afterburner didn't pan out either.

Did you make the source your capture card?

You have to set it up to where it has a setting box and then a "source" box and the source should be your capture card.

Question for you guys. I've seen some mentions but how many are going next Gen and what system? Generally I like the xbox games a bit better, but the tech specs have me a little troubled. I have both systems preordered but can only afford one at first so I guess it would come down to the best opportunity to have a solid group to play with.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seems like some are getting both, a few neither, but PS4 will be the primary BFGAF console (at least at the moment, unless something changes) at launch.

Console wise, most of the people in this thread are leaning PS4
(the ps3 people are sticking to the PS platform, and some 360 players are jumping over.)

There are 3-4 people sticking to the current gen/observing.

Keep in mind that we are just a small group of players who play BF4 on consoles. There are going to be gaf members who form their own little groups + new players coming in that you have to accompany for.

I understand, it's just my friends don't really play anymore and my son has moved on to his own group of friends from school, so the better chance I have to play with a somewhat cohesive group is better than being stuck in oblivion playing with randoms all the time lol.

I understand, it's just my friends don't really play anymore and my son has moved on to his own group of friends from school, so the better chance I have to play with a somewhat cohesive group is better than being stuck in oblivion playing with randoms all the time lol.

Most of the regulars in this thread have been playing together since BC1/BC2.
So it won't get any more cohesive/dedicated than that.

The only fault with this group is that some of us are very critical about playing smart and objective-focused. ex: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83140449&postcount=18354

Just so you know.

Evolved1

Imo gaf isn't very cohesive, in the sense of tight-knit squads and coordination. We are made up almost entirely of lone wolves. Everyone generally does their own thing, but everyone generally knows how to win and goes after it, so what happens is that it kinda looks like we are coordinating. But really it's just a bunch of lone wolves. There are some exceptions, like in and around vehicles you have a bit more teamwork with guys repairing and the gunner/pilot communication. Or it's pretty common for two tank pilots to be barking back and forth a bit. But generally we are lone wolves, all of us. Despite this there is still what looks like cohesion/coordination, but it's kind of this spontaneous thing that emerges mostly because gaffers are pretty decent at the game and know how to win (most) matches.

Gaf approach to teamwork and matches reminds of when there is a fumble in football game, and all these players see the ball on the turf and just rush it. We swarm.

Evolved1

Also... PS3 gaf over-thinks everything and posts long diatribes about it all in painful detail here on the forum and 360 gaf makes fun of us for it.

But I have watched most of the videos 360 gaf posts and even though they won't admit it, they play/think pretty much the same as PS3 gaf.

Imo gaf isn't very cohesive, in the sense of tight-knit squads and coordination. We are made up almost entirely of lone wolves. Everyone generally does their own thing, but everyone generally knows how to win and goes after it, so what happens is that it kinda looks like we are coordinating. But really it's just a bunch of lone wolves. There are some exceptions, like in and around vehicles you have a bit more teamwork with guys repairing and the gunner/pilot communication. Or it's pretty common for two tank pilots to be barking back and forth a bit. But generally we are lone wolves, all of us. Despite this there is still what looks like cohesion/coordination, but it's kind of this spontaneous thing that emerges mostly because gaffers are pretty decent at the game and know how to win (most) matches.

Gaf approach to teamwork and matches reminds of when there is a fumble in football game, and all these players see the ball on the turf and just rush it. We swarm.

Lone wolves?

GET BACK HERE AND DEFEND THE FUCKING M-COMMMMMMMMMMMM

Don't forget the people who watch the lone wolf's back.

*prepares long essay on optimal tactics.*

isual

lurked on this thread, but this very much makes sense. If I get in a map, guaranteed I'll be carrying the team.

WARNING - ESSAY COMMENTARY:

It's a bit unfair to say that GAF are just a bunch of "lone wolves who are good."
Such a claim implies that people are inflexible from their winning strategy and that "bad" players can never see the light of day. Furthermore, it cannot explain cases where 1-2 gaffers can seemingly overcome a team of 3-5 gaffers.

To be more accurate, GAF's success is in its variety of players.
Some truly are lone wolves, who exceptionally excel at the their given talent.
While there are others team minded people, who will adjust their play style base on the observed flow and team needs.
Regardless of the type of player one may be, players in this thread has learned to be aware of what one anther's play style are, trust them in their job, and hopefully be aware of who to prioritize their attention to (GET BACK HERE~!)

The most common example of this is coming together is often Seinen Crossing Rush defense 1:
While everyone know what the winning strategy is for this set - it doesn't necessary mean gaffers will always execute. Often times a combination of front line/aggressive type gaffers will lose that set in just minutes. You need those 2-3 players who are willing to look out for the team and adjust.to pull things together.

There's rarely a time where it's just "ONE PLAYER PULLS THE TEAM TOGETHER" for GAF.

That and Olimpia will yell and I'll whine at you till you're set straight. Anyone with a quit % of higher than 10 also aren't allowed to brag :p

-Silver-

How many members of PS3GAF are buying BF4 on PS3 and not PS4? I'm asking because I'll be the PS3 version, as I won't have the time and money (studying), and I don't want to be left alone with randoms for too long.

How many members of PS3GAF are buying BF4 on PS3 and not PS4? I'm asking because I'll be the PS3 version, as I won't have the time and money (studying), and I don't want to be left alone with randoms for too long.

I know rebel leader was planning on doing it.
Olimpia/Meppi are contemplating their options
JJD might grab the PS3 copy depending on how long it'll take for him to get a PS4 in his country.
I might grab the PS3 digital copy, but I'm not sticking with it once PS4 launches.

Evolved, faceless, is going PS4 only.

Sekoku became a PC elite race with a 19" inch monitor that is going to somehow do 4K.

TnC and Dan you'll have to ask them on PSN.

No clue about botack, no_style, killthee, etc.

-Silver-

JJD might grab the PS3 copy depending on how long it'll take for him to get a PS4 in his country.
I might grab the PS3 digital copy, but I'm not sticking with it once PS4 launches.

Sekoku became a PC elite race with a 19" inch monitor that is going to somehow do 4K.

Cool, thanks.

Odysseus' strategy is for everyone to surround the Bravo mcom and bunker down.

How would you rate his tactic?

That's the strategy that everyone knows of.
At least 1-2 recon with sensors+ 2-3 support or assault bunker down in Bravo + 1~2 spawn beacon in garage. Rest of team can do whatever they want.

PS3 GAF can still mange screw that up at times when no one wants to stay in/play recon. Lone wolfing means nothing in this case.

edit: like Odysseus said It works when everyone cooperates.

Evolved1

WARNING - ESSAY COMMENTARY:

It's a bit unfair to say that GAF are just a bunch of "lone wolves who are good."
Such a claim implies that people are inflexible from their winning strategy and that "bad" players can never see the light of day. Furthermore, it cannot explain cases where 1-2 gaffers can seemingly overcome a team of 3-5 gaffers.

To be more accurate, GAF's success is in its variety of players.
Some truly are lone wolves, who exceptionally excel at the their given talent.
While there are others team minded people, who will adjust their play style base on the observed flow and team needs.
Regardless of the type of player one may be, players in this thread has learned to be aware of what one anther's play style are, trust them in their job, and hopefully be aware of who to prioritize their attention to (GET BACK HERE~!)

The most common example of this is coming together is often Seinen Crossing Rush defense 1:
While everyone know what the winning strategy is for this set - it doesn't necessary mean gaffers will always execute. Often times a combination of front line/aggressive type gaffers will lose that set in just minutes. You need those 2-3 players who are willing to look out for the team and adjust.to pull things together.

There's rarely a time where it's just "ONE PLAYER PULLS THE TEAM TOGETHER" for GAF.

That and Olimpia will yell and I'll whine at you till you're set straight. Anyone with a quit % of higher than 10 also aren't allowed to brag :p

I agree with your post pretty much.

But just so you know... quit% stat is completely broken. Mine has never changed since after a few weeks of BF! It's always been the same for almost a year (two) since BF3 released.

Odysseus' strategy is for everyone to surround the Bravo mcom and bunker down.

How would you rate his tactic?

Only time I play support in this game haha... LMG bipod on the large crate in front of the door, a claymore in each back entrance, ammo crate on the ground for all the recons in the "closet" and the guys on the corner. Hold the trigger down on the doorway until the match ends.

This will be harder in BF4 thanks to flashbangs though.

Cool, thanks.

Damn Hunting... if I had the extra cheese I'd send you a PS4. Tell you what, if I win one eating gross Taco Bell for the next month, it's yours!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Fuck off

=p

@evolved I been think about that for awhile

----
\
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack

Evolved1

I was primarily an engineer in BF3 but I think the SPECOPS recon will be my primary in BF4... motion mines, spawn beacon, carbine, C4, stealth perks.

YEESSS.gif

Even better that the BC2 recon, and no dumb wookie suit.

already got the PS3 digital version ordered, will upgrade to PS4 digital on release...

Evolved1

already got the PS3 digital version ordered, will upgrade to PS4 digital on release...

I might get BF4 on PS3 digital... it'll entirely depend on how the beta feels on PS3 and how big the download is since I'm having to deal with a 250gig cap since switching ISPs. :(

I'm pretty sure I saw it did but I'll have to double check. Anyways I should be on most nights this week after 7pm or so EST. I've got Faceless added to my friends list but haven't gotten to play with anyone from GAF yet. Feel free to shoot me an invite or friend request. PSN: xx_shiv_xx

Top Bottom