• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Christ

iIvx87emQ5NHT.gif

lol seriously?

meppi

lol seriously?

Yep, did that a couple of times myself. Not just a bug as it's like that on PS3 and 360. Your only hope at taking it down in one shot is to shoot out the pilot.
A second shell immediately after does take it down, but still. Shit fucking sucks.

Not to mention how you and a buddy can shoot 8 stingers at a heli that has one engineer on board that's repairing, and you can't take it down. The thing just flew off without much problems. :-/

Balance in this game is going to be fucked up for a long time to come if this beta is any indication. Looks like instead of building from BF3, or (copy & pasting like a lot of trolls keep saying) isn't in their book and instead DICE seems to be starting from scratch with this stuff and getting lots of things completely wrong.

Glad that it's coming out 2 weeks sooner in the US so I still have plenty of time to cancel the game if it turns out to be trash.

Samk

APoorLifeChoice, somebody add me. I'm pretty alright at this videogame. As an aside, what stats do you think are the best indicator of skill?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
APoorLifeChoice, somebody add me. I'm pretty alright at this videogame. As an aside, what stats do you think are the best indicator of skill?

None of the stats ever tell the whole story.

But SPM, K/D, W/L are what most people look at. Of those, I think SPM is the one I look at. Unfortunately, SPM can be a poor indicator for Rush players. Or on the other side of it, can be seriously inflated by people who play high ticket marathon games (especially on maps like Metro).

No stat tells the whole story.

olimpia84

It's a combination of SPM, W/L, KDR and quit percentage. It's pretty easy to have outstanding W/L stats if you quit right before you lose a game so you have to take that into account.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As an aside, what stats do you think are the best indicator of skill?

Stats are meaningless and nothing but wank fodder.

In before someone mentions my quit percentages

SPM, WLR, Quit Percentage and Ribbon count.

I'm ignoring K/D since legitimate players with good K/D will automatically have high SPM.
WLR and quit percentage comes hand in hand.

Ribbon counts matter because it provides you with a more concrete idea of a player's style and area of specialty. Ex: A 600+hour recon player with no spawn ribbon, no spot ribbon, no rush win ribbon may not be someone you want to play with.

TheSeks

I'm sure I'm driving Dream crazy with "REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER" as a "HELP ME YOU FUCKING BITCHES I'M BY MYSELF ON A FLAG. HELP HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!" D:

At Dream: At least that dude kept it up that second round after Evolved left. I got C4'd (didn't even notice the dude there, I think due to pop-in. Clever use of that to their advantage) and they went out of their way to C4/RPG-7 my tank after Me and You (and one other squad mate not Evolved) went a perfect 0 death round and won in a crushing victory.

I'm sure I'm driving Dream Crazy with "REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER REQUEST ORDER" as a "HELP ME YOU FUCKING BITCHES I'M BY MYSELF ON A FLAG. HELP HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!" D:

And I was getting mad at abdul who stole my tank and decided to park it at B so he can attempt to shoot down a chopper while 2-3 recons trying to C4 him.

God what a freaking idiot.

TheSeks

Yeah, I attempted that myself a few times to be fair. I got C4'd that previous round on C trying to fire at the roof but can't because there's an angle-lock on the pilot. The gunner can smash that roof easily but the stick aiming is still wonky as hell in vehicles for me like it was in BF3. I don't feel totally "in control" like I did in BC2.

And stick driving is driving me crazy. Reverse and can't see shit and can't back up in a direct line. I really dunno how Faceless likes it, because while I've "adjusted" to it it works against me 3/10th of the times when I'm trying to drive somewhere and need a bit more finesse to get there.

TheSeks

I can't wait to try Obliteration on consoles. It's amazing on PC and the skyscraper isn't an objective which already makes the map 20x better to play on.

It's Sabotage x 3 in a round.

I can't wait to try Obliteration on consoles. It's amazing on PC and the skyscraper isn't an objective which already makes the map 20x better to play on.

It's Sabotage x 3 in a round.

It absolutely suits the current gen console.

I'm still dissapointed that people take the tower down.

TheSeks

Yeah, it's basically the same as the PC version but IIRC the PC version also has the gunboat in addition to the jetskis.

Shit is insane. I love it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So in two rounds of obliteration I go:

1-9
1-6 (before my game froze)

I seemed to be getting killed by one bullet every time. I just heard "pop" and I was dead. Every time. One dude killed me with a carbine from pretty far, he didn't even have optics on the weapon. One shot, nothing hitting the ground around me. So weird.

I'm pretty alright at this game... something definitely off about those two rounds.

TheSeks

You NEVER go for A first since it's easier to get to than B/C. ALWAYS GO FOR C.

GAHHHH.

TheSeks

TheSeks

First time playing that game mode. It was fun but...no time limit??

No time limit. Some people are bitching about it but I kinda like it that way. If they put in a time limit they need to reduce the 3 objectives to 1 to be like Call of Duty's own version of "Sabotage."

The three actually brings some interesting dynamics in which one you attack (I kinda prefer to go in the reverse from deepest to closest in terms of difficulty) and that 55 min round isn't that bad. It's about as long as a normal rush round depending on how many tickets are bled and then pushed forward.

Though the mode REALLY wants five person squads. Me and you kept having to spawn from that paradrop and then hoof it to their side to try to help out.

TheSeks

I must be the only one that doesn't mind the no time-limit. Get some free time, ya'll.

I think that's going to be my second go-to after Rush. So much more interesting than Conquest on consoles. And I'm not really feeling the map in Conquest on PC.

Milennia

Sup BFgaf , new to posting, been playing BF on consoles since BF2 MC.

Picking up 4 on launch with my ps4, so if anyone is up to play whenever , battlefield is the only multiplayer shooter i even play anymore and will be besides killzone once in a while.

Feel free to add , psn and live are on profile.

pretty much just playing BF4 beta until ps4 drops.

olimpia84

They need to add time limit, at the very least as an option. Let me repeat again, option just like they need to add more options for control layouts.
I don't want to see my quit percentage increase just because the dumbass devs decided against time limit; they need to fix this before release.

TheSeks

Pffft. Worrying about your quit percentage...

Stats are totally worthless. Give in to quitting if you don't have the stomach for 55 min bombing run rounds. :p

Sup BFgaf , new to posting, been playing BF on consoles since BF2 MC.

Picking up 4 on launch with my ps4, so if anyone is up to play whenever , battlefield is the only multiplayer shooter i even play anymore and will be besides killzone once in a while.

Feel free to add , psn and live are on profile.

pretty much just playing BF4 beta until ps4 drops.

I'll try to add you when I get home.
Not gonna guarantee anything, since my friend list is quite full -_-

-----------------

EDIT: I don't know who is assigned to do the official OT, but depending on who it is, I kinda feel like a separate console thread for bf4 will be needed.

Top Bottom