• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Boats are in the console version? The only thing that I majorly noticed was them moving the US/Chinese bases up to where A/E is normally.

Speaking of boats:

Ejas and I are on a boat! (and he was piloting while I was spraying hellfire everywhere. Only reason why I'm 6% accurate. ;____;)

That 36 tickets they have left? Yeah, we had a good run in the boat mowing them down and putting us at 4 flags to bleed them when we had a team and flag disadvantage for a good 5-10 mins.

NEARLY had them. But here's some tips:

The gunboat on this map (dunno for all of BF4) is like the Blackhawk and Transport Chopper of BF3: AKA: PILOT: MOVE YOUR ASS SIDEWAYS. Let your gunners have a full 180 view as they can NOT fire at the forward of the boat because they get locked at the sides.

And the guns DO NOT damage tanks. So if a tank starts firing on you MOVE YOUR ASS.

Jas

It was my first time on the boat so had no idea what you guys could and could not shoot :(

The driver's gun can damage tanks, I took one out at E :)

olimpia84

My complain of the day: spawn screen. So damn confusing, left stick for flags, right for vehicles, dpad for squad members...is that how it works?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I find the changes to the controls pretty annoying... like swapping the triggers especially... but the worst thing about BF4 is that imo they ruined the tanks.

Otherwise I'm having quite a bit of fun... but the tanks are pure shit now.

edit: also, PS3 has massive framerate issues now. I'm not even a guy who usually notices that stuff, so if I'm feeling it, it's pretty bad.

olimpia84

Yep. They somehow made the UI design in menus even worse than in BF3 which is quite a feat.

This so much x 101230
BC2 was simple and well presented, then BF3 changed the design completely and it took me forever to adjust to it. Now they managed to make it worse lol

olimpia84

And yeah, tanks are utter shit now. First, they control (and feel) like toy tanks but then again that's probably due to the fact that I'm using the stick to drive them; also the audio warnings are nearly impossible to hear when it's about to explode or when you're locked on

TheSeks

Boo. Console version doesn't report to Battlelog yet. Just owned with Evolved an entire team after stealing their tank and pushing to C/D to keep them bled.

TheSeks

I'm growing bored of the beta for obvious reasons. They should have added Rush mode instead of domination.

Coming around are you? :p

More like Obliteration should be in the beta. It's in the fucking server filters. WTF DICE?

Anyway Conquest on consoles is:

Take the support beams facing the ocean/water of B/Skyscraper out as quick as you can. Tanks can 1-2 shot it. RPG's need 1-3 shots.

You can hit three from either side of the map. Other is a little tricky and requires an infantry solider.

Then trap them at B with A/C capped and two tanks or infantry sitting on them so they can't retake it.

Won five or so games with this tactic so far. *trollface*

TheSeks

Too be fair: It runs like shit on many peoples PC's. It's due to it being unoptimized. I'm sure the launch in a few weeks will be much better performing. *knock on wood?*

Evolved1

Did anyone create the gaf emblem yet? I won't bother with it if it's already done.

TheSeks

I haven't seen anyone do it. I think most people can't be assed since we aren't sure if it'll save to the final version. But if you're bored and want to mess about with it, go for it.

I did notice that the CLAN tag is in the "soldier" options where you hover over your screename at the top-bar of Battlelog.

TheSeks

It also shows up in the Killcam to the right of your dogtags.

Never gets old

ibmXtJRnXjOIkn.gif

TheSeks

Someone using frag rounds still!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?! *mind boggles*

Nice shot.

olimpia84

We won that last round by 20 something tickets, don't worry.
And I want to punch the face of whoever employee at DICE that made the decision to change the controls for this game. WHY.jpg

this beta is getting to be more and more fun as people learn the ropes.

It feels more and more devoid of strategy to me.

There's no adequate middle ground between flags, so planning and positioning feels pointless. (ex: spot where one can access 2 flags quickly, ways to cap two flags and hold the line, etc.) Each flag's access points are also extremely limited. You're either in the open or bound to pop out of one of the limited exits/options. So this means stealth caps/running completely solo is out the window. The "open but filled with shit ton of cover" nature at some flags also makes it harder for one to determine if the coast is clear (i guess that's what lean is for) + more "accidental enemy around the corner". The map is filled with multiple "alleyways", yet the main routes are pretty much limited. Just imagine playing with AT mines on the map. There's only one main road that the tanks are going to travel on 90% of the time.

Yeah, it's fun, but I feel like I'm playing CoD TDM as oppose to battlefield. Doesn't even feel exciting.

Evolved1

It feels more and more devoid of strategy to me.

There's no adequate middle ground between flags, so planning and positioning feels pointless. (ex: spot where one can access 2 flags quickly, ways to cap two flags and hold the line, etc.) Each flag's access points are also extremely limited. You're either in the open or bound to pop out of one of the limited exits/options. So this means stealth caps/running completely solo is out the window. The "open but filled with shit ton of cover" nature at some flags also makes it harder for one to determine if the coast is clear (i guess that's what lean is for) + more "accidental enemy around the corner". The map is filled with multiple "alleyways", yet the main routes are pretty much limited. Just imagine playing with AT mines on the map. There's only one main road that the tanks are going to travel on 90% of the time.

Yeah, it's fun, but I feel like I'm playing CoD TDM as oppose to battlefield. Doesn't even feel exciting.

At least on PS4 there are two more flags, more players, and a bunch more vehicles. Including the patrol boat and AH's.

Evolved1

I can't believe they didn't give us the attack choppers on the consoles... DICE are party poopers.

Little birds are kind of boring.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We won that last round by 20 something tickets, don't worry.
And I want to punch the face of whoever employee at DICE that made the decision to change the controls for this game. WHY.jpg
Probably because something that is released 2-3 weeks after bf4 on ps3/360

PS4/XBONE

We don't how responsive the touch pad is. Is seems to be a little inconvenient to use it as a spot machinaic
( I don't know if I'm using the right word or not)
though I don't know that the two buttons do for the xbox one
---

The mechanics for the vehicles is what I really question.

I question the ammo bar on tank shells.

Makes me want to just reverse gear and hide.

I had a yakety sax tank battle at C where the other tank and I drove in circles waiting on ammo to refill.

olimpia84

Probably because something that is released 2-3 weeks after bf4 on ps3/360

PS4/XBONE

We don't how responsive the touch pad is. Is seems to be a little inconvenient to use it as a spot machinaic
( I don't know if I'm using the right word or not)
though I don't know that the two buttons do for the xbox one
---

The mechanics for the vehicles is what I really question.

Ok, I get it, the touchpad may not be as convenient but I don't care. Why can't they include that layout as an OPTION?

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, vehicle balance is really weird in BF4, probably my biggest gripe. It takes four Stingers to kill a Littlebird while it only takes one RPG (locked on or not) to take it down. I think it also only takes one locked on RPG to take out a tank.

Top Bottom