• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They are actually bad. Sorry to break the news to you.

Nope. They're fucking awesome.

Slap the A-COG and Ironsight switch and heavy barrel on the RFB. Go to town on people by fast-tapping three bullets.

Only problem is having to have people spot so you know where people are and being accurate.

Man I can't get enough of that pop out of cover mechanic, makes holding a position so much fun.

I wonder if mucking around with the loadout in the battlelog app while loading between matches causes freezing, it just happened to me while I was waiting for the next match to load while changing my loadout in the app

TheSeks

The SKS is a DMR now? No wonder if I liked the RFB so suddenly. It's like a mix of a sniper-rifle and assault rifle. If the iron sights didn't glitch it'd be perfect.

I just gotta unlock something better than the ACOG that doesn't screw with my aiming a little. The zoom-in effect throws me off at times. But I nailed someone from like 300yards with the ironsights with it, which felt bad-ass.

LEGGZZZZ

]The SKS is a DMR now?[/B] No wonder if I liked the RFB so suddenly. It's like a mix of a sniper-rifle and assault rifle. If the iron sights didn't glitch it'd be perfect.

I just gotta unlock something better than the ACOG that doesn't screw with my aiming a little. The zoom-in effect throws me off at times. But I nailed someone from like 300yards with the ironsights with it, which felt bad-ass.

It will be in BF4, for all classes. Can't wait to try it out. DMR + RDS will be a lethal combo in BF4.

I didn't know you could copy emblems, so I was a bit surprised when I came across Dreamgazer's profile...

lol

I've made the emblem bigger if you're wanting to update.

The SKS is a DMR now? No wonder if I liked the RFB so suddenly. It's like a mix of a sniper-rifle and assault rifle. If the iron sights didn't glitch it'd be perfect.

SKS is a beast, probably my favorite BF3 gun. Once I unlocked it it was hard to go back to other classes. The Holo sight works great with it. Add the Suppression perk and ruin people's aim all day!

For lostsupper

DR9jjwA.jpg

No need to thank me, bruh!

Edit

I had it, but then Battlelog for BF4 went offline lol

8N5XLXF.jpg

TheSeks

I don't think they are. Just like stats aren't being saved.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The only issue I'm running into with the aggressive (carbine) recon in BF4 is lack of ammo... people still do not throw ammo.

I find myself being well into a kill streak, and then having to ditch my weapon for other kits. It's a good thing they buffed the pistols or this super low-ammo shit would have me raging.

edit: also the tiered reload system isn't even in the console beta. :/

Evolved1

You mean that thing where you can continue your reload where you left off if you switched weapons mid-reload? Because I've definitely seen that on the 360.

Yeah, I've tried it with a lot of weapons on PS3... he pulls the mag every time, no matter what state you left the previous reload progress before switching weapons.

Disappointing.

TheSeks

Wow, ya'll actually played Vietnam?

I'm surprised Rock is still playing BC2 since the last time I tried to play with him it was like 4 versus 2 White Pass. With me joining on the 4 side.

Evolved1

We are combining forced with 360 gaf in servers big enough to fit us all on one side... we should be twice as dominant.

So, doing the math... 18 W/L ratio here I come!

At least with the auto-squad-join feature you won't have as many issues with switching teams mid-game. Getting all the squads on the same team will probably still be a hassle, though.
Depends on how the PS4 handles invites... On PS3 BF3, you can invite people on the other team in your current game and they will switch teams if your squad has space.

TheSeks

At least with the auto-squad-join feature you won't have as many issues with switching teams mid-game. Getting all the squads on the same team will probably still be a hassle, though.

No. Instead, DICE will split you from your squad of four friends to put you in a new squad with the friend that joins you. *trollface*

SMH.

Evolved1

360GAF still regularly rolls eight-deep.

Well add that to the two PS3gaffers on at any one time and you get "8 or so".

lol.

Cool to hear you guys have at least 8 regulars though. That's about what PS3 has when most of us are on.

olimpia84

Biggest news is the legacy control layout but I wonder what they mean by similar. Knowing DICE they'll find a way to fuck it up instead of straight up copying the layout from BF3.

Overdoziz

Banned
It honestly doesn't sound like they've changed the controls since the beta. Just that Battlefield 4 (and the beta) brings a new control scheme and they want to point out that even in the beta you could change it to something "similar to Battlefield 3" with the Veteran control scheme.

Top Bottom