• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

Daigoro said:
seriously, evey fucking time i tried to play with friends today.

and squad management appears to STILL SUCK. why can i view every squad on the team, but not pick ONE to join? auto join only?! wtf?

gg DICE.
I've found that using the quick search helps in games like this for the first week or so until the hordes of people joining all the front page servers die off.

You have to leave a squad before you are able to join a different one.

Veritas_

DMeisterJ said:
I love that I started playing as support and unlocked C4. And I love it when the enemies decide not to set/defuse bombs in rush cause then I can go to them all huddled into a tank and blow them all up.

I've been grinding Support just so I can get my hands on the mortar. I kinda blew off the C4 when I unlocked it, but now that I'm figuring out how to use it I'm having too much damn fun. Covering the armed MComs on rush is especially useful. I had a total "Battlefield Moment" today on Grand Bazaar Conquest when a sniper got holed up on the roof of a small house. I ran up and started C4'ing the building while a team mate spontaneously did the same, and we took the whole building down together. It was awesome. :D

zlatko

Banned
petethepanda said:
I'm fine with the flashlight being the sun indoors but outside it gets annoying lol

I complained about this in beta too. It makes no sense a flashlight should blind you in broad day light, and it also is a pain in the ass that your team mates red lights/flights also blind you.

Daigoro said:
seriously, evey fucking time i tried to play with friends today.

and squad management appears to STILL SUCK. why can i view every squad on the team, but not pick ONE to join? auto join only?! wtf?

gg DICE.

You can join a squad. Leave whichever squad you're in, click on another, and a little Join button appears near the bottom of the window.

PoorFate said:
Anyone else unable to change their multiplayer settings 90% of the time?

It's starting to feel like I should of spent my money on something else.

What do you mean? Video settings?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
As a first timer, I'm kind of digging the chaoticness of the gameplay, finding it a pain to level up quickly, digging the in game stuff, hating the menus and generally feeling I need to save sometime to get into a game with some GAFfers this weekend if I'm gonna get better. Kind of digging it, kind of on the fence, I need to get into a game with reliable teammates.

Got the Shakes said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but does voice chat not work on 360 or does no one use mics?

Seriously, no one talks, ever. I feel like I have a setting off or something.

d0c_zaius

zlatko said:
I complained about this in beta too. It makes no sense a flashlight should blind you in broad day light, and it also is a pain in the ass that your team mates red lights/flights also blind you.

totally agree. Its not a flashlight at all, its a OMG IM BLINDING YOU item, thats it.

maybe theres an unlock for sunglasses or some other stuff. I'm actually shaking my head and being serious at the same time.

Oh and shotguns killing in one shot from crazy range is not cool.

Mr. Snrub said:
You can join a squad. Leave whichever squad you're in, click on another, and a little Join button appears near the bottom of the window.

What do you mean? Video settings?

No, matchmaking settings.

Also, getting the "kicked by admin" issue too.

So far, money well spent. /sarcasm

Daigoro

MrBig said:
I've found that using the quick search helps in games like this for the first week or so until the hordes of people joining all the front page servers die off.

You have to leave a squad before you are able to join a different one.

yeah i have been doing quick search, but it splits up me and my friends who are in a squad already.

and yeah, trying the server browser wasnt helping too much. 99% of every server had only 1 open slot, was empty and no one would join, or was in the process of crashing when i joined.

i know you have to leave a squad to join another, but i only ever saw the auto join option, never saw an option to join the particular squad i was browsing.

thanks.

Mr. Snrub said:

hmmmm. i swear i am not seeing that option when im not in a squad. i can browse and see who is in every squad but no join option appeared. is it the Y or A button? what console are you on?

maybe its just all of the funny business thats been going on with the servers with the launch. lots and lots off really weird shit was happening to me today.

thanks.

zlatko

Banned
d0c_zaius said:
totally agree. Its not a flashlight at all, its a OMG IM BLINDING YOU item, thats it.

maybe theres an unlock for sunglasses or some other stuff. I'm actually shaking my head and being serious at the same time.

Oh and shotguns killing in one shot from crazy range is not cool.

Totally need a picture of a soldier in BF3 pointing a flashlight right at you, then the deal with it glasses coming down. :p

SpeedingUptoStop

Do you need a weapon attachment to spot too? I tried hitting the back button, it just kept bringing up the scoreboard.

Also, why is it, when I'm one team, I can customize my load out, but on another team I have a different loadout to choose from with weapons I can't choose in My Soldier menu? I've leveled up the most with the AKS-74u and I can't even pick it with My Soldier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I didn't imagine it would be possible to make a campaign that was duller than the one in Codblops, but DICE managed to do it. I guess they beat CoD after all?

Insipid QTEs, dull firefights, dull set pieces, and a storyline that was not only fairly banal, but told in probably the most clumsy way possible. I joked when I said I was worried that the SP campaign would be worse than the one that shipped with Medal of Honor, but I had no idea that would come true.

I really hope the MP holds up, because the SP has basically managed to kill any enthusiasm I had for the BF franchise. The fact that they abandoned the somewhat clever Bad Company to make this insipid "me too" Modern Military crapfest is just icing on the cake.

PoorFate said:
No, matchmaking settings.

Also, getting the "kicked by admin" issue too.

So far, money well spent. /sarcasm

Calm down, dude. It's the day after release. There WILL be issues. They're already putting out a patch tonight to fix some crashes and the admin kick issues.

Not sure why your settings don't save (PC here). Mine save fine.

Daigoro said:
hmmmm. i swear i am not seeing that option when im not in a squad. i can browse and see who is in every squad but no join option appeared. is it the Y or A button? what console are you on?

maybe its just all of the funny business thats been going on with the servers with the launch. lots and lots off really weird shit was happening to me today.

thanks.

Oh, sorry man, PC here. Not sure how it works on console.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Do you need a weapon attachment to spot too? I tried hitting the back button, it just kept bringing up the scoreboard.

Also, why is it, when I'm one team, I can customize my load out, but on another team I have a different loadout to choose from with weapons I can't choose in My Soldier menu? I've leveled up the most with the AKS-74u and I can't even pick it with My Soldier.

Holding the back button brings up the score board. You just tap it to spot. You have to be aiming right at them though, they can't just be on your screen.

Also, I think the base level weapons for each class are different on each side. Which is weird. Once you start unlocking better guns I think you'll have access to them and their unlocks on each team.

Inferno313 said:
Holding the back button brings up the score board. You just tap it to spot. You have to be aiming right at them though, they can't just be on your screen.

Also, I think the base level weapons for each class are different on each side. Which is weird. Once you start unlocking better guns I think you'll have access to them and their unlocks on each team.

Yeah, each side starts with a single faction-specific weapon. But any unlocks from there on can be shared.

SpeedingUptoStop

cdyhybrid said:
God fucking damn, I don't think the starting sniper rifles could be any worse. 3-4 shots to the face and they just walk away.
Yea, it's kind of weak. Gonna be real hard to level up with these, just have to etch away at it with Kill Assist points.

zlatko

Banned
DTKT said:
Jesus, the hit detection is worse than in the Beta.

GG DICE.

I know that feel bro. It's even more frustrating as a sniper. ; ;

In alpha or beta(both?) wasn't snipers just 2 shot kills unless you hit the dome? I could have sworn I was having far less issues with dropping people. :(

bluestuff

zlatko said:
I know that feel bro. It's even more frustrating as a sniper. ; ;

In alpha or beta(both?) wasn't snipers just 2 shot kills unless you hit the dome? I could have sworn I was having far less issues with dropping people. :(
On pc it seems to vary greatly by server. Some servers it is silky smooth, buttery even. On other servers I feel like I should play CoD :(

eek5

cametall said:
I've been killed a few times because of the Objective icons blocking my sight and essentially covering up an enemy from my vision...

Does no one in the company test or notice these things?
There are a LOT of small things like this in BF3. It seems more like they don't care rather than them not noticing.

jokkir

Great, I tried fixing my install using Origin but it corrupted my downloaded files or something since it won't install. Now I have to redownload the 11GB for the third time -__-

The problem with being kicked by an administrator every game better be fixed when it finishes downloading >:\

G_Berry

Banned
+1 for the shit hit detection.

Feels like bullets do fuck all half the time. Maybe it's like this on purpose, keep the whiners on the forums happy?

I also totally forget supression in the game half the time! I get reminded every now and then when I get a ribbon lol.

I guess its useless anyway considering how many bullets it takes to kill some people. What a wasted opportunity :/

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
petethepanda said:
I'm fine with the flashlight being the sun indoors but outside it gets annoying lol
Yeah, when indoors and with dark places, I can get it, but outdoors it just makes no sense. At the same time, writing in the script to adjust the effect would be hard.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have their game freeze up every time the map changes? It might just be my currently pitiful CPU straining with all that network data, but it's kinda gotten annoying...

DTKT

G_Berry said:
+1 for the shit hit detection.

Feels like bullets do fuck all half the time. Maybe it's like this on purpose, keep the whiners on the forums happy?

I also totally forget supression in the game half the time! I get reminded every now and then when I get a ribbon lol.

I guess its useless anyway considering how many bullets it takes to kill some people. What a wasted opportunity :/

Yeah, it really feels like 1 out of every 2 bullets doesn't do anything. We need the usual video analyzing the hit detection in the BF games.

woober

This game needs more spaced out city maps like

Mashtuur City:

07p_mashtuur_city.jpg

and Sharqi Peninsula:

09p_sharqi_peninsula.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.... Back 2 Karkand can't come fast enough.

AppleMIX

I can't decide what class to stick with.

The Mortar looks unbelievable, Assault is the most versatile and the engineer is absolutely necessary.

Niblet

Oh good grief, just tried to get in on multiplayer goodness and I am having the "kicked by admin" problem too. Seriously, what the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom