• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So did anyone else die because they didn't know the M4 unlock is burst only? I ran over a hill on Damavand Peak and met face to face with any enemy so I clicked and held for the easy kill. It fired once and I just ended up staring at him as he shot me to death.
LLShC.gif

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
You see, spawnkills drive me insane in CoD and Halo and the like, but in this, I feel like everyone has an equal chance of biting the bullet that way. It's kind of chaotically fair, so I don't mind as much. It's not like there's some douchebag who ordered an autokill helicopter right over your only spawn point.

So I'm playing some more through the campaign and I notice three things. Quite a bit of bulletproof glass, very limited destruction, and worst of all endlessly spawning enemies. In my Battlefield? Its more common than you think...

This might be my single player disappointment of the generation. As a visual tour de force it gets high marks, but as a game? Man. Talk about cribbing from the worst parts of modern shooters.

zlatko

Banned
Raide said:
"Hide on hide" :D

The way he explains it is exactly how I feel CoD plays. Spawn, get shot from someone camping, spawn, get shot again. I think it just boils down to BF and CoD being very different games, which is why DICE trying to make it more CoD like is all the more confusing.

Both games are definitely different, and each should focus on its own strenghts. DICE's attempt at TDM is a joke. If you spend an hour playing it you will see the worst spawning system in any game, and exactly what he describes about insane camping. It's why I'm confused about DICE even focusing on adding it, doing it poorly, and constructing maps for this game type that wasn't handled well, and now we are left with shittier maps for the other game types as well. :(

Raide

zlatko said:
Both games are definitely different, and each should focus on its own strenghts. DICE's attempt at TDM is a joke. If you spend an hour playing it you will see the worst spawning system in any game, and exactly what he describes about insane camping. It's why I'm confused about DICE even focusing on adding it, doing it poorly, and constructing maps for this game type that wasn't handled well, and now we are left with shittier maps for the other game types as well. :(

I jokingly said ages ago that I would love to see BF CTF and I think it would have been better than the TDM they actually added. :D

Will be interesting to see the stats in a few months time and see how many games of Conquest Vs games of TDM.

Stantron

So is it normal that when I man a vehicle gun turret, my aiming/turning speed is drastically reduced than when on foot? Makes sense that it would, but I just wanna ask anyway.

Stantron said:
So is it normal that when I man a vehicle gun turret, my aiming/turning speed is drastically reduced than when on foot? Makes sense that it would, but I just wanna ask anyway.

I can tell you that this is the case with me, at least when manning the gunner seat of a tank.

Daigoro

i-Lo said:
Just wanted to ask if installing the HD pack on 360 has a positive effect on the textures in MP?

yep.

Stantron said:

yep.

sp3000

Is there any map in this game with more than 5 flags. Someone please answer this. Kharg also only has 5.

5 flags is way too small. Like someone said they will probably screw up all the expansion pack maps also.

sp3000

gibon3z said:
The BF2 play 4 free version of karkland might be a good indicator as to how the BF3 B2k map pack might be.

That was only meant for 32 players. If they screw up the 64p version I will rage very much. This game will pretty much be finished in that case because the stock 5 flag maps suck.

I just looked at the minimap for the play4free version and they totally screwed karkand, the entire area past the bridge is gone and its just a linear set of flags. DICE is getting stupider each day.

Raide

Victrix said:
I don't know what they were going for with that map at all

I think its DICE's attempt at appealing to the CoD players by making an infantry maps with more CQC stuff and less vehicles.

OldJadedGamer said:
I wish the hadn't have added prone :(

Ok, What is this ? I don't even ...

Prone is awesome sauce. If you're a sniper, prone people = easy headshots. If you're an engineer, prone = perfect for sneaking up on tanks. If you play as assault prone is perfect for throwing down medpacks under fire. Finally, if you're playing support, prone is the bipod's BFF.

EDIT: Also, I REALLY REALLY liked the campaign. Beat it on hard, and it felt really easy, especially if you listen to your AI buddies. Rock and a hard place was such a good mission.

FStop7 said:
WOW is the campaign bad. I mean... _wow_. It's terrible.

Thank god the multi is good.

How far are you? It gets better. Nothing amazing but I enjoyed it for what it was. The first two missions suck but once you get past those it's much better until the final level. It's still the best campaign in the series.

sp3000 said:
That was only meant for 32 players. If they screw up the 64p version I will rage very much. This game will pretty much be finished in that case because the stock 5 flag maps suck.

I think all of the maps on BF3 had 32 players in mind.

sp3000

gibon3z said:
I think all of the maps on BF3 had 32 players in mind.

It seems like that. Seine on 64 is totally idiotic. It's way too cramped and in the beginning the entire 32 player team is funneled through a narrow street.

Someone mentioned a while back that there was a map with 7 flags. Was that a total lie

mr_nothin

Banned
DTKT said:
Jesus, the hit detection is worse than in the Beta.

GG DICE.
G_Berry said:
+1 for the shit hit detection.

Feels like bullets do fuck all half the time. Maybe it's like this on purpose, keep the whiners on the forums happy?

I also totally forget supression in the game half the time! I get reminded every now and then when I get a ribbon lol.

I guess its useless anyway considering how many bullets it takes to kill some people. What a wasted opportunity :/
It was great for the 1st day and a half but then it went down the shitter. :/

AngelSoldier said:
Ok, What is this ? I don't even ...

Prone is awesome sauce. If you're a sniper, prone people = easy headshots. If you're an engineer, prone = perfect for sneaking up on tanks. If you play as assault prone is perfect for throwing down medpacks under fire. Finally, if you're playing support, prone is the bipod's BFF.

EDIT: Also, I REALLY REALLY liked the campaign. Beat it on hard, and it felt really easy, especially if you listen to your AI buddies. Rock and a hard place was such a good mission.

Prone is awesome sauce for campers.

Victrix

*beard*
Raide said:
I think its DICE's attempt at appealing to the CoD players by making an infantry maps with more CQC stuff and less vehicles.

If it is, they need to stick to what they know, because it's the antithesis of what makes a good CoD map. CoD maps work when they have excellent flow, multiple flanking routes to any position, and quick traversal.

Metro is a fucking line, the worst sort of DM map. Damavand has this issue as well, to a lesser extent.

d0c_zaius

AngelSoldier said:
If this were GameFAQS, I'd tell you to "get better noob !"

But this is NeoGAF, so ... "Open your eyes chap !"

Prone is not as bad as you make it out to be.

actually prone kinda sucks sometimes, when it enables/enhances abusing some collision bugs. I've seen guys in corners with nothing but their upper half of the body in the playfield, and people prone diving and shooting with amazing accuracy.

Its not rampant but it is funny how much I asked for prone and now it's like..."damn".

But as you imply, it might just take some adjustment (and bug fixing).

remnant said:
EA needs to just release a multi only game for BF4. The single was atrocius, and I kinda feel like an idiot paying $60 for a game half of which I will never touch.

Anyway the multi is awesome when it works. I keep on getting connection errors. kicked out by admin, lost connection to server, blah blah blah

Yea I don't know why they don't do this. They could sell MP as a service more when it's the entire product.

remnant

Banned
EA needs to just release a multi only game for BF4. The single was atrocius, and I kinda feel like an idiot paying $60 for a game half of which I will never touch.

Anyway the multi is awesome when it works. I keep on getting connection errors. kicked out by admin, lost connection to server, blah blah blah

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
People complain too much...in beta everyone was bitching about dying too fast. now people are complaining they can't kill fast enough.

Love the new maps.

Now some complaining ;)

- the rose needs to be fixed, can't tell whats highlighted.
- squad management needs to be streamlined
- flashlight is still too bright
- map is a little comfusing, everything has similar looking icons and colors.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
- squad management needs to be streamlined

This, and the same goes for the loadout menu. BC2's was excellent and it seems like they only fucked with it so they could make it stylized.

Okay, I don't think I'll be flying helicopters anytime soon

Even with using the 360 controller on PC, I'm having some trouble controlling it (BC2 flying was definitely much better IMO). And as for flying the jet, it seems the controller makes me feel like a decent player, but I feel I can do better

I'll wait for joystick support before I fly another one

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Don't laugh but I am playing the PC version with the 360 pad.

Pros
It's a pad and confortable.

Cons
On screen tips for button presses such as reloading and throwing grenades only shows keyboard controls.

Can't use pad for QTEs like in the opening mission. When being told to press [SPACE] which is infact jump I cannot press A (jump on the pad) and have to manually press the kb. Same for that first QTE where you are told to press Primary Fire (Left Mouse button). What's the point of supporting the pad if I have to stay close to my keyboard?

AngelSoldier said:
If this were GameFAQS, I'd tell you to "get better noob !"

But this is NeoGAF, so ... "Open your eyes chap !"

Prone is not as bad as you make it out to be.

DICE removed it from BC2 for a reason. They were very vocal about their dislike for prone.

scogoth

Gen X said:
Don't laugh but I am playing the PC version with the 360 pad.

Pros
It's a pad and confortable.

Cons
On screen tips for button presses such as reloading and throwing grenades only shows keyboard controls.

Can't use pad for QTEs like in the opening mission. When being told to press [SPACE] which is infact jump I cannot press A (jump on the pad) and have to manually press the kb. Same for that first QTE where you are told to press Primary Fire (Left Mouse button). What's the point of supporting the pad if I have to stay close to my keyboard?

Whats the point of porting countless games to PC from console with shit m/kb support and showing pad QTEs instead of keyboards and have the game engine crash every 5 min.

If you're gaming on the PC use PC controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom