• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Inferno313 said:
How far are you? It gets better. Nothing amazing but I enjoyed it for what it was. The first two missions suck but once you get past those it's much better until the final level. It's still the best campaign in the series.
There's no way this campaign is better than either of the BC campaigns. It's funny, most of the time we talk about games with added multiplayer modes that no one will play. Now it's a single player mode that no one will play. Heck, it's almost as if they put the single player on a separate disc because they want people to sell it back to Gamestop. :p

scogoth

zlatko said:
-_- Why the fuck was I kicked out of GAF server by administrator after I killed someone ?

What was the reason stated? They kick for base raping, racist/hate comments, teamkilling briefing etc.

zlatko

Banned
scogoth said:
What was the reason stated? They kick for base raping, racist/hate comments, teamkilling briefing etc.

I got kicked again. First kick I did nothing. We spawned, I said it'll be funny if whoever is driving chopper kills us, driver gets us near their base, I parachute out and yell ACTION JESUS SAYS BAIL OUT.

Play, kill 1 guy, then kicked, no reason.

Rejoin, spawn in tank with squad mate, jump out to set up a respawn beacon, kicked.

I did nothing. WTF is going on?

How long would you say it takes for people to realize it might be a good idea to change your class over to engineer if the enemy is overrunning you with armor at any particular point.

If you are getting the "kicked" message after the game closes, go to evenbalance.com and update your punkbuster files for bf3 manually. Lame, but it may work.

EDIT: Kicked from the first game after update. No worky

colt45joe

Banned
i updated punkbuster, and now i am getting kicked from all servers. are the servers not updated? or.. does that not even make sense? do servers not update with stuff that has to do with punkbuster?

Just imagine all the content and maps they could have made for BF3 had they scraped the SP and focused all of their efforts into the multi.

Shame really.

zlatko

Banned
Shaundakahl said:
If you are getting the "kicked" message after the game closes, go to evenbalance.com and update your punkbuster files for bf3 manually. Lame, but it may work.

It must be that. Um what do I download here exactly?

zlatko said:
-_- Why the fuck was I kicked out of GAF server by administrator after I killed someone ?

I think it's an issue with PunkBuster. For a while I was constantly getting Kicked By Admin messages and I contacted one of the admins on the server I was playing on and he said it wasn't him or any of his guys and that they've been having issues with their friends getting dropped with the same message despite them not doing it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Mizzou Gaming said:
How long would you say it takes for people to realize it might be a good idea to change your class over to engineer if the enemy is overrunning you with armor at any particular point.

Ummm... Engineer is my preferred class at the moment. Fully equipped SCAR + rocket launcher = hell yes. I've been taking out shitloads of enemy tanks lately. Feels good, man.

JAFAR

MrOogieBoogie said:
Ummm... Engineer is my preferred class at the moment. Fully equipped SCAR + rocket launcher = hell yes. I've been taking out shitloads of enemy tanks lately. Feels good, man.

+1

I whored out the assault class in the Beta but now I'm playing the Engineer and I couldn't be happier. Nothing better than setting down AT mines near a flag, running away and getting that satisfying "Vehicle Disabled" popup later.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
JAFAR said:
+1

I whored out the assault class in the Beta but now I'm playing the Engineer and I couldn't be happier. Nothing better than setting down AT mines near a flag, running away and getting that satisfying "Vehicle Disabled" popup later.

Or shooting a rocket down a narrow hallway, knowing there are enemies stationed at the opposite end but not seeing them, and seeing multiple +100s pop up.

MrOogieBoogie said:

Oh yeah you are definately right I also mainly play engineer and destroying a vehicle of any sort is unbelieveably satisfying. I'm just saying at certain points if tanks are overpowering the team I wish people would switch to an engineer if they aren't already to take out the enemy armor instead of respawning as a sniper over and over.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
scogoth said:
Whats the point of porting countless games to PC from console with shit m/kb support and showing pad QTEs instead of keyboards and have the game engine crash every 5 min.

If you're gaming on the PC use PC controls.

Oh noes, your precious PC game is being played by a gamer who prefers an alternative control method. I thought this was a gaming forum not an OT on Battlefield just for mouse and kb users. So sorry to fill your topic up with a control pad issue. rolleyes.gif

Just because devs make lazy ports from console to PC doesn't mean a lead platform (PC) can't cater for more than one control method of kb and mouse.

bluerei said:
Your keyboard and mouse made out of broken glass?

I get horrendous RSI in my wrists from sitting at a desk using a mouse and kb for any period of time with or without those gel supports in mouse pads etc.

Not everyone can handle sitting at a desk for hours on end.

Kthreev

EA Customer service is the worst. I'm not able to log into battelog because I have an EA.com classic account and apparently there's no way on the website to link my xbox gamertag to it. I just wasted 45 minutes talking to a customer support rep and they resolved nothing then abruptly ended the chat :( Assholes.

Man, Comrades is an awesome level in the campaign. They should have designed more missions like that, ones that take advantage of the games destructibility instead of going all out CoD clone style. SP is shit though. There's like.. no input required from the player. Virtually any cool moment is a QTE or a cut scene.

Shawsie64

Banned
Gen X said:
Oh noes, your precious PC game is being played by a gamer who prefers an alternative control method. I thought this was a gaming forum not an OT on Battlefield just for mouse and kb users. So sorry to fill your topic up with a control pad issue. rolleyes.gif

Just because devs make lazy ports from console to PC doesn't mean a lead platform (PC) can't cater for more than one control method of kb and mouse.

I get horrendous RSI in my wrists from sitting at a desk using a mouse and kb for any period of time with or without those gel supports in mouse pads etc.

Not everyone can handle sitting at a desk for hours on end.

Don't worry im with ya! I'll be playing with a pad.

I've got my PC set up on our plasma and game with my girlfriend.. its far more sociable than sitting at a computer desk.. The PC is about choice and all these "you a KB/M you wanker" posts are ridiculous.

NameGenerated said:
Stairs...the EOD bot's worst enemy.

Also it controls like shit.

ED-209 knows that feel, bro.

robocop53.jpg

l_a4a4b9d879eb23a9e713085578fbabdb.jpg

Liking the game okay enough, but so far, I have a couple gripes.

On PS3, I try to do a Quick Match for Rush on any map. It will give me the "Joining server" message, then tell me I was disconnected and boot me back into the main menu. Like REPEATEDLY. Annoying.

I like the idea of tactical lights and the like, but when I'm outside in the desert, the light should not be brighter than the fucking sun. And teammates lights should have no effect on me. But mostly the outdoor solar flare has got to go.

Also, fucking prone. I understand the want for it to be in the game, especially for snipers. But fucking hell, I don't know how many time some dick is laying prone on rubble with either his gun pointing straight down into the ground or straight up in the air, and somehow the bullet aims straight ahead. If you can prone on a pile of debris and it forces your in game model to aim goofy, the result should be goofy aim. It reminds me of a head poking just over cover, but the person behind cover having a clear shot OVER the cover.

And speaking of cover, why the fuck is it non-existent on some maps? The biggest offender is Metro at the first two objectives in the park. I see someone approaching while I'm reloading, so I drop into prone and bullets tears through the concrete barrier like it's made of wet toilet paper. I understand bullet penetration, but it's fucking concrete.

And that goofy hit detection. I can't tell you how many shotguns to someone's back from 5 feet away do not register. They spin around, kill me and the killcam says they are at 100% when I know I shot them like twice.

Other than that, this game is super dooper.

scogoth said:
Whats the point of porting countless games to PC from console with shit m/kb support and showing pad QTEs instead of keyboards and have the game engine crash every 5 min.

If you're gaming on the PC use PC controls.
PC, the home of any input method you could ever want. Open platform and all that, right?

The very least they could do is to make the QTE actions work with a controller even with the PC prompts showing up. Left mouse should be doable with right trigger on the controller.

But then again the real solution here would just be to get rid of the QTEs in the first place.

Jtrizzy

I'm using a Logitech G-13 on one arm of my recliner and mouse on the other with a small box to provide a flat surface. I think I'll buy one of those chairs you can attach all this shit to eventually.

thechemist

Sorry if this has been answered, I just wanted to know how the online pass works, my brother and I have different PSN accounts, can we both play using the one online pass? Thanks

gray_fox224

Gen X said:
Don't laugh but I am playing the PC version with the 360 pad.

Pros
It's a pad and confortable.

Cons
On screen tips for button presses such as reloading and throwing grenades only shows keyboard controls.

Can't use pad for QTEs like in the opening mission. When being told to press [SPACE] which is infact jump I cannot press A (jump on the pad) and have to manually press the kb. Same for that first QTE where you are told to press Primary Fire (Left Mouse button). What's the point of supporting the pad if I have to stay close to my keyboard?

I need to get a pad too. I'm horrible at playing with KB&M.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
So i was playing on Noshahr Canals yesterday, and suddenly out of nowhere i get artifacts (texture stretching from the center of the crosshair). Didn't get them on any other maps. Is something wrong with that map, or is this a driver related issue?

RS4-

Ugh, pretty frustrating when you're trying to backstab someone and the animation doesn't go into effect. So you end up getting shot in the face because they turn around before you can switch to your gun.

Btw, if you're on the mortars or someone else is, they can't be backstabbed.

zlatko

Banned
I'm trying to be patient with this game but it is making it impossible for me when I have games where I go 2 and 9.

I shot a RPG right at someones feet, got the X on him, swapped quick to my scar, got 3 X's worth of that right on him, then he shot me once with a shotgun from about 20+ feet out when I had 100% health.

That is not a game I want to be a part of if I keep getting crap games like this one. Why can DICE NEVER balance the shotguns? They are always broken to all fuck. :/

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
gray_fox224 said:
I need to get a pad too. I'm horrible at playing with KB&M.

Sadly read my post a page back. QTEs don't work with the pad and you need to manually press the desired key or mouse button even if it's configured on your controller.

Spoo

bishoptl said:
I just shot a guy and got booted from the server. WTF

Almost all of my issues with being kicked came from not having the latest Punkbuster. I believe it's a known issue.

Download the latest and see if it goes away.

Woo-Fu

Banned
lazybones18 said:
Anyone have suggestions for a useful joystick for flying the helicopters and jets? Especially for a joystick novice like myself?

If I were you I'd consider using a gamepad instead. It works really well for helicopters and jets. I used saitek X45 for BF2 but I'm using a 360 pad for BF3. Took me a couple days to get used to it but it is starting to click now. Using triggers for throttle was the biggest change.

On top of that the game appears to support gamepads a bit better than joysticks, at least in terms of the number of problems my friends have experienced.

Dina

I'm not liking the outside lens flare at all. Seeing as I play a lot of Anti-Air, there are matches and sides (like Kharg, US side) where I'm looking at a giant lens flare for 80% of the match.

Ok now I can't play because Game Manager is insisting it needs updating but when I download and install the update nothing happens, it still doesn't think it updates. I've restarted my browser and my computer and it still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom