• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishcow

Is anyone having trouble getting in to servers on multiplayer? I get stuck at the loading or connecting phase and it never logs in. Been happening for two days now...

mr_nothin said:
I'm surprised that not many ppl have been complaining about not being able to shoot through fences/gates.....

Yea I just noticed this today. Really weird. I'm enjoying the game but it needs a lot of fixes and some more polish.

Nabs

I wish I never updated punkbuster last night. I had no problems with it before.

Mr. Snrub said:
We should do some HUD-less playthroughs on the GAF server for MAXIMUM SCREENSHOTS.

I'd be there. Hudless + friendly fire would be a great combo.

abuC

They need to alter the damage model for vehicles, I don't understand how hitting a hummer with a 120mm tank shell results in it being "disabled". I shot the Huey twice last night with a tank, both times only the door gunner on that side of the copter was killed, and it kept on flying. If it isn't armored it should be dead on impact the second the round hits.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
KingOfKong said:
updated punkbuster and now my battlefield wont even start. it says "ready to install" and when that is clicked nothing happens. ugh
Ugh same thing happens to me...now I have to redownload 11 gigs

awesome, seems the authentication server is down ea forum

cant start the game for the first time...

EA_SourceCode on their forums says "We have narrowed down the issue and are working on getting it resolved so we can get yall out on the battlefield."

Manager

I can't even activate my game. Ran home from work and now I'm sitting here, Origin saying it can't activate my game even though I've pre-loaded it and everything.

edit
^ That explains it, thanks.

Manager

Read the posts guys.

electristan said:
awesome, seems the authentication server is down ea forum

cant start the game for the first time...

EA_SourceCode on their forums says "We have narrowed down the issue and are working on getting it resolved so we can get yall out on the battlefield."

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
iam220 said:
Yeah that sucks. Are you using it in MP than? How are you finding the long range targeting with it? It's kinda difficult to do with a mouse can't really imagine what it's like with analogs. I'm guessing (and hoping) that they didn't include auto-aim and other helpers.

I only use it for jets and helicopters. I put the pad on my desk and use KB/M for on-foot, tanks, jeeps, etc.

VibratingDonkey said:
Damavand conquest is the worst. There's all this shit in the way that you can't jump over, there appears to be barely any destruction. the flags are in a neat line so it's essentially a rush map and eventually you reach the mine entrance... The side tunnels are long and extremely narrow. Grindiest ass grinder that ever was. And you constantly get stuck on teammates, it is unavoidable. It sucks so bad.

All in all it may be the worst Battlefield map I've ever seen. Only played it for 15 minutes so perhaps there's some merit to it I'm yet to discover, but so far it's the worst.

DICE are lazy, period. They could have modified the level and let infantry go above the tunnel and had a capture point up there, but no they can't be assed to change anything just shoehorn conquest in and ship it.

Tarin02543

yeah same here, I'm desperate.

Retry does not do anything, the poorly drawn spinning thinking circle just keeps spinning.

You have to abort the whole installation and run your dvd again to do another try. Wtf is this shit?

Manager

Confidence Man said:
DICE are lazy, period. They could have modified the level and let infantry go above the tunnel and had a capture point up there, but no they can't be assed to change anything just shoehorn conquest in and ship it.

Perhaps it's also a result of EA forcing it to be released before COD?

Tarin02543 said:
yeah same here, I'm desperate.

Retry does not do anything, the poorly drawn spinning thinking circle just keeps spinning.

You have to abort the whole installation and run your dvd again to do another try. Wtf is this shit?

Just wait for the server to go online.

The lack of a ping meter in-game is really annoying. I want to see my ping and see if/when it changes. I'm sure its in the game and easy to track, it looks like DICE intentionally removed it so that you couldn't see the pings you were getting when playing on matchmade servers.

eternaLightness said:
Anyone notice sound issues on the ps3? I notice in the intro video it's kinda low and in game it'll be normal. And today while playing it often sounded like the sound would cut in and out. Like some effects will be there while other ambient sounds wouldn't be there.

Nope. Played MP, beat Campaign twice (Normal/Hard). Not a single bug, glitch, or issue.

Manager

This is god damn annoying. Should've done the Korea trick. Now, on release day, not able to even play Campaign. The auth server has now been down for 2½ hours, fix this EA.

Desaan

Jesus, I registered the game once now it wants me to register it again only to tell me that I'M CURRENTLY OFFLINE AND SHOULD CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!! Wtf is this shit?

Origin is fucking terrible, I can't even imagine what the launch of TOR is going to be like...

faulty_fork said:
Gah takes forever to get this game started.
1. Install the disc
2. Download 140 MB patch
3. Install texture pack
4. Enter code for multiplayer skins
5. Enter code for online pass.

Finally ready to play!
Fixed. There is no second disc.

Mr. Snrub said:
Have you played Metro Conquest with 64 players? By far, the worst IMO. It's like Damavand, but with no way to get over the tunnel.

Not all the maps are balanced for 64, and I'm kind of thankful for the variety. If a server wants to run 64 players it's probably up to them to tweak the map rotation.

Damavend is pretty fun with 32.

Manager

KingOfKong said:
speaking of how terrible Origin is, I have noticed it takes longer and longer to load up it seems every day.

For some reason it completely freeze my computer for 5-6 seconds each time I start it up. The only software on Windows 7 that has done this to me. Can't mouse the mouse or do anything.

DTKT

Manager said:
For some reason it completely freeze my computer for 5-6 seconds each time I start it up. The only software on Windows 7 that has done this to me. Can't mouse the mouse or do anything.

Same thing here.

PoweredBySoy said:
Not all the maps are balanced for 64, and I'm kind of thankful for the variety. If a server wants to run 64 players it's probably up to them to tweak the map rotation.

Damavend is pretty fun with 32.

I agree, I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I just find myself having more fun with 32 players. My first rush game on Damavand was so memorable, I really like that map. The game performs better as well w/less players, which is a big consideration for someone with an older machine.

Manager said:

Yeah it does that to me too. Very annoying.

so the Mortar is the ultimate troll weapon. People get sooooo mad when you kill them with it. When not playing on the GAF server, you can totally decimate the enemy. Its pretty funny.

*note when playing on the GAF server you will be instantly mortared back.

Dynamic3

abuC said:
They need to alter the damage model for vehicles, I don't understand how hitting a hummer with a 120mm tank shell results in it being "disabled". I shot the Huey twice last night with a tank, both times only the door gunner on that side of the copter was killed, and it kept on flying. If it isn't armored it should be dead on impact the second the round hits.
Agreed, I do like how u can kill pilots with rockets without needing to destroy the vehicle though.

PoweredBySoy said:

If the devs really thought this way, it would be a total cop-out. If they planned on having 64 player versions of all the maps, they should have designed the maps to accommodate this, period. Especially since this was supposed to be the triumphant return of large, 64-player maps.

Dynamic3 said:
Agreed, I do like how u can kill pilots with rockets without needing to destroy the vehicle though.

but whats up with being able to shoot and kill drivers of jeeps but you can unload a full magazine into the passenger and he will be safe?

Diprosalic said:
i would like to redeem my BF3 code but origins decides to act like a bitch and just don't load the page. fuck you EA, fuck you hard.

ATTENTION CITIZENS

Battlelog said:
NOTICE Origin activation is down at the moment. We are aware of the issue and working on it. Thank you for your patience.

NinjaBoiX

So, DF face off? Anyone know when it's up?

Or alternatively, any concensus on which console version to get? I want to buy it tommorow, but have no idea which version to get.

And no, PC isn't an option. Unfortunately. 1080p60 would be heavenly.

Nabs

maniac-kun said:
The game kicks me about 10 seconds after joining a server... whats going on? I updated Punkbuster but that didnt solve the problem...
I had the same problem after updating PB, I think I fixed it by downloading pbsec.htm from here. Place that in your Origin Games/BF3/PB folder

I only played one game, so I don't know if it's a proper solution. I'll test it out some more.

edit: Nope, still getting kicked. This is shit.

-NinjaBoiX- said:

Or alternatively, any concensus on which console version to get? I want to buy it tommorow, but have no idea which version to get.

From what I've seen they're about on par. IMO, get the one you have the most friends on.

iam220

KingOfKong said:
but whats up with being able to shoot and kill drivers of jeeps but you can unload a full magazine into the passenger and he will be safe?

There some sort of "aim assist" going on when shooting at drivers. It was like that in BC as well.

GenericUser

-NinjaBoiX- said:

ps3 has input lag and although they probably gonna patch this, i recommend the 360 version for that reason. Overall, the 360 technically will be the best console version, as usual. Anything else would suprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom