• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

having a ton of trouble configuring motionjoy to work with my sixaxis ps3 controller. if i set it up as the ps3 profile, i cant figure out how to map the sticks to move, or any of the buttons to shoot, and if i emulate a 360 controller, while it works in the game controller panel no buttons at all work in-game

woober

KingOfKong said:
so the Mortar is the ultimate troll weapon. People get sooooo mad when you kill them with it. When not playing on the GAF server, you can totally decimate the enemy. Its pretty funny.

*note when playing on the GAF server you will be instantly mortared back.

Lulz.

Nabs said:
I had the same problem after updating PB, I think I fixed it by downloading pbsec.htm from here. Place that in your Origin Games/BF3/PB folder

I only played one game, so I don't know if it's a proper solution. I'll test it out some more.
Thanks ill try this...

Player a bit more of SP:

Big hunting is probably one of the most shallow videogame experiences I played in years, I mean visually speaking is incredible, but the gameplay is like a one of those FMV shooters from sega-CD.

Operation guillotine is better as well Paris mission, but I think if the game wasn't so eye candy, I wouldn't enjoy half of the game, part of the fun is the incredible lightning and effects that plague gunfights.

Danneee said:
My god the SP is awful. Even worse than Bad Company 2...

Let's not get too carried, I agree that first mission is awful though and probably way worst than most on BC2.

I don't see the point of Rush on Metro during the first cycle. It's an flat map and a camp fest. If the defending team are even decently organised, you won't make it into the Subway section

Megasoum

Banned
I don't get all the hate about the campaign. Sure it's not amazing and the QTE are stupid but I've seen far worst singleplayer campaigns. The last MOH was terrible...Homefront was even worst.

Once you get past the first couple of levels the BF3 campaign gets kinda fun. If you like stupid military stories that make no sense and that you've seen dozens of time before of course. Hell..I would even say that it's better than any Call of Duty single player since COD4. Hey at leaset you don't get ghost/hallucination and mind control...

NinjaBoiX

sponk said:
ps3 has input lag and although they probably gonna patch this, i recommend the 360 version for that reason. Overall, the 360 technically will be the best console version, as usual. Anything else would suprise me.
I've just heard about some crazy tearing and pared back lighting on 360. I think I'll just grab the 360 version, and if DF tell me this is the case, I'll return it for the PS3 version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Danneee said:
My god the SP is awful. Even worse than Bad Company 2...
What makes you say that? I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'm curious to know why.

Is it simply because it relies too heavily on scripting? Are the missions really that boring? I'm slightly surprised that it's so poor. I was really expecting the SP to best anything Call of Duty related, to be honest.

BLU-82

For US players did you receive your limited edition content code before actual release? I activated BF 3 back on Monday, Korean style. In uk and haven't heard a peep from ea with this stuff yet.

Manager

Damn EA Support (from EA forums):

Bryan: Thank you for contacting Origin Help. How can I assist you?
you: sir, I cant activate my game.
you: I've been trying for hours
you: It says that my account isnt activated and when I try to activate It goes to a 'infinite' activating mode
Bryan: I know you must be very frustrated with this.It is an issue that started creeping up on us earlier today and we have staff working on the activation server as we speak.
you: ohh so I'm not the only one, good to know. Well, any ideas when this would be fixed?
Bryan: We're hoping by the end of the day but more realistically it could take up to 2 or 3 business days to complete.
However please try every so often until that time has passed and if it is unresolved by the end of that period let us know immediately.

dark10x said:
What makes you say that? I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'm curious to know why.

Is it simply because it relies too heavily on scripting? Are the missions really that boring? I'm slightly surprised that it's so poor. I was really expecting the SP to best anything Call of Duty related, to be honest.

To me, it feels too similar to COD, save for a couple levels. It honestly felt like I was playing a sequel to Black Ops sometimes.

Megasoum

Banned
BLU-82 said:
For US players did you receive your limited edition content code before actual release? I activated BF 3 back on Monday, Korean style. In uk and haven't heard a peep from ea with this stuff yet.

If you are talking about the Physical Warfare Pack code my friends got it by email the day of release but I never did. I had to contact EA livechat support last night and they gave me the code in 2 minutes.

Dynamic3

KingOfKong said:
but whats up with being able to shoot and kill drivers of jeeps but you can unload a full magazine into the passenger and he will be safe?
Given that it's a DICE ge, it's prob a bug. Jeeps need to have thier health lowered though.

KingOfKong said:
exaggerate much? haha

Seriously dude, this thread is full of a lot of whining. Some of it absolutely warranted, but the hyperbole is entertaining.

"WORST SP EVER MADE"
"MP game is having server issues on launch day, I'm regretting my purchase!"
"I keep running around and getting killed, this sucks"

NinjaBoiX

sflufan said:
It really is putrid. DICE/EA should actually be ashamed of themselves.
Yeah, you're "condolences" remark was pretty damn funny.

Saying they should be ashamed of their putrid game, come on dude.

Darklord

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Seriously dude, this thread is full of a lot of whining. Some of it absolutely warranted, but the hyperbole is entertaining.

"WORST SP EVER MADE"

Do people remember how BC2 was at launch? That shit was fucking BROKEN. The server browser didn't even work properly.

Nabs

Just got a random origin pop up

Origin is currently experiencing issues with game activation.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenie

BKXB

Economist
Playing the engineer class, I could not get used to the crappy iron sights on the SCAR-H. Went back to whatever the first gun is, with a red dot.

Where can we see the damage output of these guns?

(The only other BF I played was 1943; I miss the rifleman loadout.)

Arment

Menelaus said:
Change your Origin ID, or your PSN/XBL name.[

Here is a handy chrome plugin to add in server queuing to Battlelog.

Oh man I hope there's one for Firefox. This is a desperately needed feature. Edit: I missed the Firefox option on there, woo!

BKXB said:
Playing the engineer class, I could not get used to the crappy iron sights on the SCAR-H. Went back to whatever the first gun is, with a red dot.

Where can we see the damage output of these guns?

(The only other BF I played was 1943; I miss the rifleman loadout.)

I wish to know as well. The SCAR has a lot of kickback. The grip helps when you get it. Unfortunately if you get a gun with a bad sight the only way to get a better one is to trudge through those first 50-100 kills to unlock it.

Megasoum

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
The jet mission in particular is hilariously bad. Anyone who finds any enjoyment in it should be slapped.

The first 5-10min (well before the actual game starts) of the jet missions were AMAZING. I had goosebumps when the theme started playing while taking off...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:

The quality of the scripting is shit. It breaks often and it's always obvious.

Desaan

Manager said:
Damn EA Support (from EA forums):

Bryan: Thank you for contacting Origin Help. How can I assist you?
you: sir, I cant activate my game.
you: I've been trying for hours
you: It says that my account isnt activated and when I try to activate It goes to a 'infinite' activating mode
Bryan: I know you must be very frustrated with this.It is an issue that started creeping up on us earlier today and we have staff working on the activation server as we speak.
you: ohh so I'm not the only one, good to know. Well, any ideas when this would be fixed?
Bryan: We're hoping by the end of the day but more realistically it could take up to 2 or 3 business days to complete.
However please try every so often until that time has passed and if it is unresolved by the end of that period let us know immediately.

That's just their way of saying they don't have the capacity to handle the current influx of users. I mean it's not like EA would cheap out and try to make a poor man's version of Steam, right guys? Guys?

DaFish

Nabs said:
Just got a random origin pop up

Origin is currently experiencing issues with game activation.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenie
same

belvedere

Junior Butler
Anton Sugar said:

"WORST SP EVER MADE"

The launch is 100% smoother than I had imagined. As far as the whining about SP goes, if you're bitching about SP in a BF game, you're doing it wrong anyway.

sflufan

Banned
dark10x said:

- Heavily scripted
- Silly QTEs
- Uninspired missions

It borrows so liberally from COD4 and CODBLOPS that ActivLizzard should be paid a cut of the game's revenue.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
sflufan said:
It really is putrid. DICE/EA should actually be ashamed of themselves.

Eh, a bit overboard here. I have only played the first few chapters but I like it well enough. As good as the CoD campaigns at least. The
jet
level was far better than any CoD level since the sniper mission in 4 as well.

raphier

Banned
sflufan said:
- Heavily scripted
- Silly QTEs
- Uninspired missions

It borrows so liberally from COD4 and CODBLOPS that ActivLizzard should be paid a cut of the game's revenue.
They should sue EA. Seriously...

belvedere said:
The launch is 100% smoother than I had imagined. As far as the whining about SP goes, if you're bitching about SP in a BF game, you're doing it wrong anyway.

Exactly. I wasn't even planning on playing MP on launch day because I figured there'd be issues, but I played for hours the night before, during, and after launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom