• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutwolf

Pro/noob tip:

16-20 player maps are the best to skill up your air vehicle stuff. 64 player maps are chaotic. Tons of AA, people fighting over jets, other air vehicles with stuff already unlocked (heat seekers).

16-20 people leaves jets free quite a bit and often leaves you free to just dogfight without worrying about much AA.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Any details on this so-called aim patch??

I'm doing TERRIBLY in this game... I'm going 2 and 15 in a lot of matches. In alpha I had a solid 2.0 K/D ratio, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I just can't connect my shots.

I'm praying this solves the issue.

Skel1ingt0n said:

I'm doing TERRIBLY in this game... I'm going 2 and 15 in a lot of matches. In alpha I had a solid 2.0 K/D ratio, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I just can't connect my shots.

Just keep on playing had the same shit happening too me just needed too unlock better scopes.

Zeppelin

Hm, did they take out some of the radio chatter from the beta? I loved the "We have won this one, fuck them" one and I haven't heard it in the full game. :(

Desaan

jet1911 said:
It'S not just BF3... I'm trying to activate Alice Madness Returns and it won't let me. :(

I believe their whole activation process has gone up in smoke, as from about 5.00pm this evening (GMT). 7 hours to do what exactly?

I really do fucking loathe this online activation crap. If they are so determined to push their own platform against Steam at least make sure shit works EA! Else yet again the consumer is the one left paying the price. (I even bought a physical copy hoping to avoid any digital fiasco, woe is me)

Vard said:
Do you get spot/kill assists even when you are dead? They show up at the bottom of the screen, but if I remember correctly in BC2 they didn't actually add to your score.
yes.

and they actually fixed that in BC2 a few months after launch after a ton of people complaining.

Drewsky

Nirolak said:
All details are now in the OP.
Thank you.

Edit: l was one of the people complaining about the PS3 sensitivity weirdness, but by the time this comes out I'll probably be used to this and suck ass when they fix the problem.

Kyaw

Ysiadmihi said:
Has DICE commented at all on the loading times? They're about 3-4x as long for me than they were in the beta.

Yeah, that has been an issue for me too. Sucks loading into a map last and not getting into the jet first. ;_;

Nirolak said:
All details are now in the OP.

Thanks!

Skel1ingt0n said:

I've been experiencing the same thing....Hopefully this will rectify itself once I learn the maps better but I didn't have this problem in the beta...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I added one more note to the OP about frame stutter.

It seems to be an issue with exceeding VRAM and some confusion with how VRAM data is handled with multiple GPUs.

KePoW

Banned
Atomski said:
Metro Conquest is hilarious though.. :p Its the perfect map for COD fans.

I agree, which is why I love it. Great for laughs and fun... don't take it too seriously or competitively.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still can not fly the jets for shit. I'm sort-of getting the hang of helicopters on the (IMO) shitty default controls but I keep thinking "oh turn with right stick" a la BC2 but no that leans you and WHAM 90 degree angle and falling to the ground. :lol

I still can't fly jets at all because I guess you need to switch to the third person and I never switch to third person if I can help it so it makes dogfighting and fighting people with some unlocks already hard. All I want is my ground missiles DICE. Why did you have to hide them as a second unlock. :(

kamspy

A friend of mine has been stuck at "Joining Server" for MP and "Initializing" for SP since launch.

Anyone have any tips? We've updated all the redists and drivers.

I got a Steam A.R.E.S. key for the guy that can fix this us.

Thanks.

Ubersnug

CaptainCamerica said:
So is anyone having 360 server issues? I fail to join games and under server browser it only shows maybe 6 or 7 games and they are always full and the default browser is set to Europe and none of the US, I check marked the US servers and still no luck.
In the uk here and the same as you.

'Quick match' hasn't once worked for me and server browser only shows about 1 or 2 servers in Europe.

Also, creating a squad at main menu then trying to join a game is a clusterfuck. Half the team get booted whenever you eventually join.

Don't remember it ever being this bad on bad company 2 and the quick match would work 99% of the time too.

mcrae said:
by default how any heat seekers do you get on jets?

Once you unlock them 2 but they regen pretty fast.

kamspy said:
A friend of mine has been stuck at "Joining Server" for MP and "Initializing" for SP since launch.

Anyone have any tips? We've updated all the redists and drivers.

I got a Steam A.R.E.S. key for the guy that can fix this us.

Thanks.

Is he using Avast?

Ubersnug said:
In the uk here and the same as you.

'Quick match' hasn't once worked for me and server browser only shows about 1 or 2 servers in Europe.

Also, creating a squad at main menu then trying to join a game is a clusterfuck. Half the team get booted whenever you eventually join.

Don't remember it ever being this bad on bad company 2 and the quick match would work 99% of the time too.

Eh? BC2 had exactly the same issues at launch.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Loading has been all over the map for me. Sometimes it takes forever, sometimes there is zero load screen from browser to spawn screen. It doesn't matter if I had previously played the game, either. Sometimes I'll get a super fast map load from the browser right after I've rebooted my computer.

Xevren

Flying jets is probably my favorite thing to do in multi, I've gotten pretty good at it too I think. I wish I didn't suck at the gunplay in this game, I was awful at Bad Company 2 too but I'm trying to do better.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They really need to tone down the damage the RPGs do to Infantry, thought they would have learned this from BC2 and Beta, but I guess not.

meppi

Ikuu said:
They really need to tone down the damage the RPGs do to Infantry, thought they would have learned this from BC2 and Beta, but I guess not.
Nah, that's fine.
You actually need to hit someone really well with an RPG now.
The splash damage seems to be toned down quite drastically from BC2.

MrBig

meppi said:
Nah, that's fine.
Yeah, you can shoot one and if it lands more than a half meter or so away it won't be a kill.

TCRS

Banned
Jets are totally useless on the 360. They don't fight each other and they are of no use to the guys on the ground. I can't see the enemies and even if I see one the Jet makes hardly any damage. But with nothing to kill you can't unlock stuff to make the Jets more useful..

Useless, as I said.

meppi said:
Nah, that's fine.
As it should be, RPG's dont even explode as much as eject a stream of molten metal in a straight line
Unless you're using an anti personnel version, but then you lose the vehicle effectiveness.

Dakota47

Played some Rush for the first time since Monday. Got into the server by accident, stayed around and actually had a good time. I have played Caspian and Firestorm, and they both worked out nice. Will play again.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
meppi said:
Nah, that's fine.
Nope, they need to be toned down against infantry and maybe have their damage increased against tanks.

nero2082

jns said:
The game is so much fun when you can get into an actual match and not get booted out for whatever random reason. My match of last night
assaultscore.png

I didn't plan on being a de-fib whore but everyone kept charging up the stairs into a wall of bullets and 'nades. Funny enough with me and another guy on the paddles we pushed up and won it easily.

[edit] dunno the names of the maps yet but it was the train-station one.

drquinndvd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom