• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcrow

1stStrike said:
I decided to give jets another whirl as I was over half way to heat seeking missiles. Got another kill and...

I'm 4 points away from heat seeking missiles, but with the amount of effort it takes to get a kill with guns it might as well be 1,000 :(

Spam Q while pointing towards flags in a jet. Will easily nest you some spot kills if there is a lot of action there. It is really easy to spot infantry in jets.

1stStrike

Banned
Hellcrow said:
Spam Q while pointing towards flags in a jet. Will easily nest you some spot kills if there is a lot of action there. It is really easy to spot infantry in jets.

I just unlocked heat seekers after getting some points for doing damage to a jet, so it looks like if I bitch enough the game just decides to give me a lucky break :p

I can't see shit on the ground, so trying to randomly orient myself towards a tiny spot on the ground with nothing marked is futile.

Also, I've spammed Q while in a jet and it doesn't spot anything - even a jet right in front of me in the middle of my targeting recital.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The_Monk said:
Hey, I learn to work on my MAC at my own pace, sir!
Funny thing is. no print screen on Macs. CMD+SHIFT+3 for full screen grab or CMD+SHIFT+4 for select screen grab.

1stStrike said:
I just unlocked heat seekers after getting some points for doing damage to a jet, so it looks like if I bitch enough the game just decides to give me a lucky break :p

I can't see shit on the ground, so trying to randomly orient myself towards a tiny spot on the ground with nothing marked is futile.

Also, I've spammed Q while in a jet and it doesn't spot anything - even a jet right in front of me in the middle of my targeting recital.
Do you fly with mouse or a controller?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
1stStrike said:

Are you sure you weren't playing on a hardcore server? Marked targets only show up on the minimap on hardcore.

I've never had a problem spotting in a jet.

1stStrike

Banned
slopeslider said:
Do you fly with mouse or a controller?

Keyboard only. The mouse sucks, and it's not much better with the controller, so I remapped everything to the keyboard. I use the arrow keys in tandem with WASD and I haven't had any issues flying since then.

FlyinJ said:
Are you sure you weren't playing on a hardcore server? Marked targets only show up on the minimap on hardcore.

I've never had a problem spotting in a jet.

They might've had it disable or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
Struct09 said:
Total Battlefield noob question. I unlocked the RDS for my M4A1, how the hell do I use it?
You can change your setup from the 'my soldier' section on the main menu or in the change kits option during a game.

mcrae

Smokey said:
Yes.

msi 3gb lightning 580

dem sniper skills are picking up. i know i got some of you round here in the head. on firestorm i got 2 kills from clear across the map with the bullet drop. one was a headshot.

feelsgoodman

i got a 411m crossmap headshot on some map or another, i was on a crane just minding my own business sniping at 100-200m and some guy with a svd decides to try to take me out from the ground... we exchanged like 6-7 shots but i came out on top, was awesome

ive put 12 hours into the game so far... since i started working on jets/helicopters today my score/min went from ~220 to 160, lol

Has anyone noticed how the aiming feels like Killzone 2? What a letdown. Bad Company 2 had such a tight, feel-good aiming. Why did they have to mess with it? I don't understand why nobody has said anything regarding this. Whatever I do on my right stick takes about half a second to being translated onto the screen. It feels exactly like Killzone 2 after the "high precision mode" patch. Even Killzone 3 is more responsive than this game. *sigh* I don't think I'll be able to fully enjoy this game because of that. I've played hundreds of hours of BC2; was it weird of me to expect BF3 to play the same?

note: I'm playing on PS3 (I know, get PC blah blah).

Symphonic

So no one here knows how to fix the login server error, no one on Reddit knows, no one on the forums knows, customer service doesn't know.

Stellar. Just stellar.

mr_nothin

Banned
AuthenticM said:
Has anyone noticed how the aiming feels like Killzone 2? What a letdown. Bad Company 2 had such a tight, feel-good aiming. Why did they have to mess with it? I don't understand why nobody has said anything regarding this. Whatever I do on my right stick takes about half a second to being translated onto the screen. It feels exactly like Killzone 2 after the "high precision mode" patch. Even Killzone 3 is more responsive than this game. *sigh* I don't think I'll be able to fully enjoy this game because of that. I've played hundreds of hours of BC2; was it weird of me to expect BF3 to play the same?

note: I'm playing on PS3 (I know, get PC blah blah).
Wait WHAT?
BC2 was more floaty in regards to controls.

Try this out:
In BF3, Open Up The Console
Type renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 0

Edit: Ohhh, you're on PS3 XD

Graphically I have to say that BF3 MP is worse than BFBC2 on the PS3. Very disappointing. The lower res textures just mean that the game doesn't feel like it has the same 'weight' as BFBC2; the lower quality map textures and vehicles textures really stunt the immersion. The vehicles don't feel like they have any 'weight' either. I'm enjoying the MP (despite VOIP not working properly on the PS3 version) but frankly it's not as good as BFBC2 on the ground vehicles front (which is the major draw of the Battlefield series for me).

On the SP front, this has (quite surprisingly) been one of the better FPS campaigns I've played. I loved COD4 and while this one isn't as good I would say it is up there with the MW2 campaign, albeit very short (took me 4 hours and 41minutes from start to finish, and I'm usually a very slow player). It is a massive improvement over the BFBC1 and BFBC2 campaigns, which I recently replayed back to back.

The_Monk said:
Hey, I learn to work on my MAC at my own pace, sir!
Command-Shift-4 and then select the region you want to take the screenshot of. It will be saved on your desktop and then you can upload it to one of the image hosting sites (imgur.com, etc.).

Facism

Wow what a difference a day makes. from barely playable, laggy pap to some great fucking games tonight. Had a round on the EU GAF server earlier (i'm live_feed), was fun. Best moment for me was a guy typing "HOLY SHIT" only to be followed by receiving points for disabling a vehicle, destroying a vehicle and killing a guy. Was some mines i set down about 10 minutes previously on the other side of the map!

The_Monk

Nostalgia~4ever said:
holy cow! I just played my first match on Tehrah, the audio is sensational!

That's why I would love to have a decent sound setup connected to my TV.

Sound original from TV, meh. When I plug my Headphones, the quality improves a little bit and it feels good.

But I want more!

EDIT: Thanks endlessflood I got some problems, after selcting the part that I want, then save it, then when I'm going to see there's a big part of blank/white and the part I selected...Still learning. Oh wait, when I do that I only select what I really want, not like a print screen, thank you!

mr_nothin said:
Wait WHAT?
BC2 was more floaty in regards to controls.
If you're referring to the PC version, I wouldn't know. However, on PS3, the version I played, I assure you the aiming was way more responsive. It was tight as hell. Believe me; I have played that game a WHOLE lot my friend. Its feeling got burned into my muscle memory.

georgc

Just unlocked everything for the jet yesterday. And also broke 100 kills in a plane. I'm a beast in the air with beam scanning air to ground and flares. Get bout 15 tank kills/ disables a game.

Desaan

So I can launch the game, to the battlelog browser, which just stays in a perpetual loading state with 90% of the stuff I click on having no effect including launch campaign, multiplayer and co-op. Wow, just wow.

I think it's time to call it a night.

Man, with unbalanced teams on Caspian Conquest (360), it's actually a ghost town (ghost field, rather...).

And Metro Conquest is just flat-out horriballs.

AndyD

aka andydumi
meppi said:
Nah, that's fine.
You actually need to hit someone really well with an RPG now.
The splash damage seems to be toned down quite drastically from BC2.

Yep.

If anything though we now have shrapnel damage from destruction of the environment so between splash of the RPG and flying debris we may just actually suffer more damage than before in total.

I think if anything to reduce spam they need to slow down the resupply speed of RPG rounds.

Has anyone unlocked the support class mortar on consoles? Do we get to see the same larger mini-map when firing them as the PC version?

The_Monk said:
EDIT: Thanks endlessflood I got some problems, after selcting the part that I want, then save it, then when I'm going to see there's a big part of blank/white and the part I selected...Still learning.
Command-Shift-3 will take a shot of the entire screen if that helps. Or once you've done Command-Shift-4, before you actually select the region you want to take the shot of, press the space bar and the icon will change to a little camera; any window you put the camera on will turn blue indicating that the screenshot will automatically be of that window only.

Nizz

AuthenticM said:
If you're referring to the PC version, I wouldn't know. However, on PS3, the version I played, I assure you the aiming was way more responsive. It was tight as hell. Believe me; I have played that game a WHOLE lot my friend. Its feeling got burned into my muscle memory.
Looks like DICE are aware of the issues. From the OP...

Many fans on the PC and PS3 have reported issues of look sensitivity. On PC, it probably has much to do with the problem noted above. However, Ian Tornay has stated that “we’ve heard similar concerns regarding the sensitivity and control for PC and PS3. We’ve forwarded all of these concerns along to the DICE team who is looking at this issue."
About to fire up my PS3 copy right now. I want to try out the controls for myself. They felt perfect in the beta.

DTKT

They really need to add some more splash damage to the rocket pods for the Planes and the chopper. They are near useless now.

They also need to severely buff choppers. Either through thicker armor, or a speed buffbecause right now, they are just a flying coffin. You go too high, you get strafed by jets, you go too low to escape stingers and cannons, and an AAV or a Tunguska just destroys you.

cdyhybrid

Struct09 said:
Total Battlefield noob question. I unlocked the RDS for my M4A1, how the hell do I use it?
You can change your loadout when you're waiting to spawn. It auto-equips some new attachments on 360, though. Also keep in mind the starting weapons for the US and Russia are seperate.

RS4-

How does the soflam work? Is it just to spot vehicles for your mates or does it automatically attack too?

Any news on artillery strikes? All I read was something about squad leaders being able to call them in

1stStrike

Banned
So, first game with heat seeking missiles and nothing but flying = 380 points. I got 0 kills because the pilots bailed, and while the point count isn't high - that's almost the same amount of points it took me 5 hours to get earlier.

So, yeah, heat seeking missiles = godly.

Anyone else getting these problems? This is the only game I have that this does it on. Rage, TF2, Deus Ex, Crysis, BFBC2, SC2, SF4AE, Alice works all fine.

Specs, gtx 460 2Win (2x460 GPUs on one card) Not in SLI mode Latest Drivers
6-core i7 980X
24gb RAM

Anyone know a fix?

1o8BU.jpg

PqRsI.jpg

Blt48.jpg

bluerei said:
Anyone else getting these problems? This is the only game I have that this does it on. Rage, TF2, Deus Ex, Crysis, BFBC2, SC2, SF4AE, Alice works all fine.

Specs, gtx 460 2Win (2x460 GPUs on one card) Not in SLI mode
6-core i7 980X
24gb RAM

Anyone know a fix?

Looks like overheating/potential card death.

Symphonic

Alright, what are the standard network tests and what not that someone would go through when they're being disconnected from any sort of server?

Welp, back to BC2 (PS3). There is zero reason to play BF3. Squads are broken, chat is broken, bad lag, poor graphics, broken aiming. So disappointed.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When you get 800+ points from destroying a vehicle, this game gives you the Hardest Gaming Boner EVER!

Vehicle Disabled
Vehichle Destroyed
Player 1 Killed
Player 2 Killed
Player 3 Killed
Player 4 Killed
Player 5 Killed
Squad Wipe
Suppression Assist

The thing kept going for like 5+ seconds of points galore =D

legacyzero

Banned
bluerei said:

Specs, gtx 460 2Win (2x460 GPUs on one card) Not in SLI mode Latest Drivers
6-core i7 980X
24gb RAM

Anyone know a fix?

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1o8BU.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PqRsI.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Blt48.jpg[/IMG]

INCEPTION

Spat_triate

Desaan said:
Been trying to register for 6-7 hours now, good publicity for Origin! Let's hope it dies a very quick and painful death.

If they can't handle BF3 imagine TOR......

EA's online services have always been shit, but Origin takes it to a whole new level. I haven't even been able to play Fifa 12 since October fucking 1st and apparently a lot of people have had the same issues. I fully expect TOR to be a clusterfuck of giant proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom