• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
madmackem said:
Have you sorted out the ports mate that were linked in the op i think, i use to have some serious issues with ea online servers with BT broadband but forwarded all ports etc and not had issue with bc2 or fifa since. Just about to play bf3 so i hope i havent just jinxed myself.
I'll check into it again. I've done it before, but I know I've had to redo this a couple times since I've gotten XboxLive. Thanks.

I'm still thinking it might be a traffic issue, though. I had Wednesday off work and I could play til my heart's content in the middle of the day.

BLU-82

After the BETA they said that in release you would be able to squad up before joining a server. I just tried to join server as a party but it didn't put us in the same squad. Spent over 20 mins playing the 'join squad' roulette hoping we we would end up in the same one.
Am I missing something, is there a proper way to do this? Really fucking me off

Atruvius

Just got my PS3 version. I'm in my first multiplayer match and man, what is up with the controls. Beta controlled greatly, almost as great as in COD's. Now it just feels weird.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hmm, what are the requirements for getting the pre-order bonuses? I was gifted the game from D2D and redeemed the code on origin. Won't I get it? The physical warfare pack and whatnot.

Kyaw

Corky said:
hmm, what are the requirements for getting the pre-order bonuses? I was gifted the game from D2D and redeemed the code on origin. Won't I get it? The physical warfare pack and whatnot.

I just got my own physical warfare pack code today. Not sure about D2D.
Maybe contact EA support?

Flying jets without flares is so retarded.

You are happy to actually get into one, then you want the kills to unlock the flares, but you can't get kills because the other team constantly shoots you down with rockets. :(

KAOz

Short bus special
madmackem said:
Are you sure there wasnt some sexual favours exchanged?, how did you get it all for that cheap trade in?.

Traded in one game, then did some massive smooth talking. :p That one game was World at War, so no new game.

Goddamnit, is Ps3 GAF on right now? I need some good people to play with. :(

Corky

Kyaw said:
I just got my own physical warfare pack code today. Not sure about D2D.
Maybe contact EA support?

Ah I see, I'm guessing a pre-order is a pre-order so would be odd if the PWP was only to those who bought it directly off of origin. Oh well, nice to know something is going on with that atleast.

Patrick Bateman said:

You are happy to actually get into one, then you want the kills to unlock the flares, but you can't get kills because the other team constantly shoots you down with rockets. :(

Yeah, it's extremly stupid, but at least it's not as bad as the BETA. It only takes 300 points to unlock them now.

sam27368

Banned
Please help me!
So I've installed the game, everytime I click play on Origin it states a long url for battlelog then states "application not found".

So I go to launch in Battlelog, and it says I need to install the game first.
What am I doing wrong?

zlatko

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:

I've given up on jets altogether. The few times I've gotten one I just get shot down by another jet. I feel the only way I could even get a kill with it is to find someone and crash it into them. :/

I REALLY do not like the disparity of combat between levels. Does quick match try to match up you with similar ranked opponents or no? If it doesn't, it'd be great if DICE could have made a way for me to find games with similar ranked opponents. It'd probably give someone like myself who isn't going to be playing as much a fighting chance against those who are much higher leveled with better tools at their finger tips. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Patrick Bateman said:

Making any important gameplay feature available only when unlocked with X amount of kills/points or whatever, regardless of how few, is and always will be fucking moronic. It's bad design, no ifs and buts about it, and the sooner developers stop this shit the better.

Defibrillators are another one.

Corky

zlatko said:
I've given up on jets altogether. The few times I've gotten one I just get shot down by another jet. I feel the only way I could even get a kill with it is to find someone and crash it into them. :/

Same, I've been lucky enough to be able to spawn into a jet several times the past days but within a couple of seconds I'm shot down by :

a) another jets missiles
b) infantry with homing rpg
c) AA vehicles with unlocked missiles

I've got 0 points with a jet as of yet. Sigh.

1stStrike

Banned
Corky said:
Same, I've been lucky enough to be able to spawn into a jet several times the past days but within a couple of seconds I'm shot down by :

a) another jets missiles
b) infantry with homing rpg
c) AA vehicles with unlocked missiles

I've got 0 points with a jet as of yet. Sigh.

A is difficult to deal with - not really anything you can do about it except for flying low to the ground and trying to use the terrain to cause the missiles to blow up before they hit you. You can't really dodge them.

B is easy - as soon as you get the beep where someone is locking onto you point your nose straight up and go over 800 feet (don't hit 1,000 though or your jet will still for like 15 seconds). They won't be able to reach you up that high - which is why it's important to stay high in the air and only dip low when you're coming in for an attack.

C... also hard to deal with, but if you or your team spots them they can be taken out pretty easy.

The main thing I've learned with jets is that while you can go super fast, you're also super fragile - so always fly like you have 1 HP, cause it doesn't take much to shoot you down.

Also, a great tactic for avoiding someone tailing you is to hit your brakes and do a slow turn, then accelerate about half way through it. This will give you a tight turn with enough speed to get out of their cross hairs. Hopefully, this will give you enough leeway to get behind them.

However, since you only have guns right now and not flares, I would try to avoid combat with other jets if you can. Try and hit some tanks, or gang up on another jet with a team mate if you see them engaging one. Don't try to go solo as you'll probably be outmatched.

Jets take a lot of practice. I spent most of the day flying around and while I've improved a lot, and learned a lot, I still have a ways to go.

Atruvius

Oh my god the campaign is horrible. I'm still in the first mission, 10 deaths already because I'm constantly one-hit-killed. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

cyen

Atruvius said:
Oh my god the campaign is horrible. I'm still in the first mission, 10 deaths already because I'm constantly one-hit-killed. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Good luck when they hit you out of nowhere! Finished on Hard and it was pretty frustrating at times when they would hit it you from positions that u cant even see them. For ex: when they are behind a bush they can hit you even if they cant see u!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EatChildren said:
Making any important gameplay feature available only when unlocked with X amount of kills/points or whatever, regardless of how few, is and always will be fucking moronic. It's bad design, no ifs and buts about it, and the sooner developers stop this shit the better.

Don't worry, EA will probably sell an unlock pack for all this crap like they did with BC2. "Hooray"?

Libo

Neo Member
BLU-82 said:
After the BETA they said that in release you would be able to squad up before joining a server. I just tried to join server as a party but it didn't put us in the same squad. Spent over 20 mins playing the 'join squad' roulette hoping we we would end up in the same one.

There is a small join button below "find a squad" and the other option beneath it (I can't check at the moment). You can join any squad you want by clicking that. It took me and my friends awhile to realise it was there, they did a good job of hiding it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you play the PC version with mouse/keyboard for infantry, and switch to a 360 pad for vehicles? Have a decent rig so tempted with the PC version, but I will get annihilated in MP as I don't play much.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
BLU-82 said:

Join the server as a party.
Leave all squads
Choose the squad to join
Join

We learned about this way yesterday.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Man the SP is such BS on Hard...

Follow= hope the A.I forgets to shoot...while you run to check point.
Constant spawns
Allies fire blank bullets
Enemies can sniper you behind cover even with Javelin/RPG

Fuuuuuuck...

Majanew

Banned
I wish DICE would quit making the helos and jets so fucking hard to control. Spare me the balance shit because you can lock onto them with ease with a damn stinger. And why does the flashlight blind me from distances in the fucking daytime?

GodofWine

subversus said:
Join the server as a party.
Leave all squads
Choose the squad to join
Join

We learned about this way yesterday.

Wish console did this...you might get 2 people into a game, but there are seriously NEVER servers with 3+ empty slots in the US , so frustrating.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Kandrick said:
So i enter the code for the online pass, and it says i have activated my physical warfare pack ? What the fuck EA ?

So yeah, after waiting 37min to talk to someone on the EA support chat. The dude just asked for my e-mail and directly gave me a online pass code in the chat.

What was the physical warfare pack about anyway ?

jorma

is now taking requests
Majanew said:
I wish DICE would quit making the helos and jets so fucking hard to control. Spare me the balance shit because you can lock onto them with ease with a damn stinger. And why does the flashlight blind me from distances in the fucking daytime?

Yeah, i have about 1.5 hours in a tank and so far i'm 1-0 vs jets and helis combined. They don't disturb me the slightest as it stands.

Some impressions from a COD hero/first time Battlefielder:

1. HEEEEELLLLOOOOOO lens flare!
2. Draw distance is pants. Very disappointing.
3. Menu system/UI is pretty shit.
4. Why do some of my teammates have a blue icon above their head, and others orange? Can I change that?
5. I get momentary skips in time occurring, where I'll be running, and then it shudders and takes me back a few seconds? (On Xbox.)

Otherwise I'm loving it. Love the slower pace, more tactical/strategic gameplay. I haven't seen a lick of organised team-work yet, but that's my own fault for playing with randoms.

jorma

is now taking requests
Kermit The Dog said:
Some impressions from a COD hero/first time Battlefielder:

1. HEEEEELLLLOOOOOO lens flare!
2. Draw distance is pants. Very disappointing.
3. Menu system/UI is pretty shit.
4. Why do some of my teammates have a blue icon above their head, and others orange? Can I change that?
5. I get momentary skips in time occurring, where I'll be running, and then it shudders and takes me back a few seconds? (On Xbox.)

Otherwise I'm loving it. Love the slower pace, more tactical/strategic gameplay. I haven't seen a lick of organised team-work yet, but that's my own fault for playing with randoms.

The dude with orange icon is not your friend. =)

They are enemies that someone spotted. Shoot them.

Majanew

Banned
jorma said:
Yeah, i have about 1.5 hours in a tank and so far i'm 1-0 vs jets and helis combined. They don't disturb me the slightest as it stands.
Yeah, I have no fear of helos like I did in BC2 because the Engineer's Stinger gets rid of them easily in BF3. It's just absurd that the air vehicles control like ass when nothing else does. I tried to practice in a jet earlier over and over but...ugh...what a joke. Once again, I can't take part in air combat because DICE decides to go with terrible controls.

fanboi

Banned
EatChildren said:

I agree with your sentiment but regarding flares and HSM, its not hard at all to get with the Jet.

jorma

is now taking requests
Majanew said:
Yeah, I have no fear of helos like I did in BC2 because the Engineer's Stinger gets rid of them easily in BF3. It's just absurd that the air vehicles control like ass when nothing else does. I tried to practice in a jet earlier over and over but...ugh...what a joke. Once again, I can't take part in air combat because DICE decides to go with terrible controls.

Yeah i tried a jet too and don't think i'll be able to learn ever, since you cant do it offline.

I guess fewer people will carry stingers later on though, as they level up?

Shadybiz

GodofWine said:
Wish console did this...you might get 2 people into a game, but there are seriously NEVER servers with 3+ empty slots in the US , so frustrating.

We did get it to work later last night, on a server that only had 16 people on it, but that was only with 2 people trying to join. It doesn't work so well with 3 or 4, unfortunately.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
GodofWine said:

What about switching teams?

Majanew said:

They don't control like ass. Change button layout and invert aim and experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom