• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-D_FTW said:
Added you (Steamed Up) anyways.

I thought it was both guys flying. That would be a lot more frustrating being the gunner with someone who can't fly. Thought people could crash together.

Forgot to ask, PC or consoles?

Haha I just killed two dudes with the EOD-bot, they both looked totally clueless when I rolled up and started welding on them. Can't really see any use for it though except for trolling people, it's so slow and controls like shit.

Enosh

something that would also be nice:
you know all that black space on the game summary screen
dice putting a fucking "next map, next game mode" on it

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Soooooo i'm blinded by a flashlight from 20 feet away? How the fuck are you supposed to kill someone if they're looking right at you and you can't see a damn thing??

Makoto

Why does my soldier scream profanities when reviving teammates?

*revive squadmate*

"Get a load of this you asshole! URGGHHHHH!"

bizatch

So what gives?
bf3_i4.jpg

Does anyplace still sell the digital LE version? I'm not seeing it on Amazon anymore. The only place it might be is on Origin and that doesn't even specify whether it is the LE version or standard.

1-D_FTW

I H8 Memes said:
Does anyplace still sell the digital LE version? I'm not seeing it on Amazon anymore. The only place it might be is on Origin and that doesn't even specify whether it is the LE version or standard.

Might be able to buy it at B&M and just use the code to activate on Origin. Requires you purchase from the store, but should net you the DLC code.

vidal said:
Why does my soldier scream profanities when reviving teammates?

*revive squadmate*

"Get a load of this you asshole! URGGHHHHH!"

Who's more badass then a bitter medic cursing his fallen comrades out as he nurses them back to life?

hlhbk

Metalmurphy said:
If you add origin.exe, and launch origin from steam (make sure origin is closed), then it works. It'll all be in the same process tree. Steam > Origin > Browser > Game.

But I've gotten some freezes one some steam popups.

Thanks man! I had a wierd thing where I kept walking forward after doing this but it worked.

mcrae

dmg04 said:
Soooooo i'm blinded by a flashlight from 20 feet away? How the fuck are you supposed to kill someone if they're looking right at you and you can't see a damn thing??

shoot the light

FINALBOSS

Banned
Red Blaster said:
The m320 is pretty sick and basically nobody is using it. Works even better than the launchers for clearing out door campers.

It's not that...no one is pretty much using Support at all. It's pretty fucking annoying.

I even switched to Support for a bit to see if I liked playing it--I didn't. I played a medic with the LMGs in BC2 but I switched to Assault this time around because of the medic packs.

I throw out med packs like free candy yet no one throws ammo packs...ever.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Quick question for you guys...

If I get rezzed but get killed before I accept/decline the res, does that count as a death? It's happened quite a few times and I couldn't really check.

f0rk

shagg_187 said:
Seriously. I hate campers up there. Make it destructible, DICE!

The weak points should be the anchors for support cables like in Just Cause 2. Would make it harder to kill in the first 2 minutes.

Megasoum

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Someone said it happens when it reaches a certain ticket count. But I never saw it happen.

Ok, just send me an invite to the game when you want then.

Let me guess...that's only for Rush?? Wouldn't suprise me since they make everything Rush focused nowadays (I'm looking at you "general map design" and base jump....ugh)

mcrae

faulty_fork said:
So which map has the A10 Thunderbolt and the mobile AA? Are they only in rush? I'm certain I've played every map now and never seen them.

i believe caspian does, as well both maps that have jets launching from carriers.. and a few others. all cq

eek5

FINALBOSS said:
Quick question for you guys...

If I get rezzed but get killed before I accept/decline the res, does that count as a death? It's happened quite a few times and I couldn't really check.
Deaths don't count until you respawn afaik

BurningNad

I'm so bad at this game, but I have to stick with it. I want to enjoy it! I guess I'll just have to mess around with the different kits and find out what clicks. Recon doesn't seem to be doing the job. :x

Dina

faulty_fork said:
So which map has the A10 Thunderbolt and the mobile AA? Are they only in rush? I'm certain I've played every map now and never seen them.

Mobile AA is on a lot of maps. Mostly Conquest large, but it's on Kharg, Firestorm and Caspian and maybe Canals too (I forgot).

As for A10, it is on Rush mostly. I know it's on Firestorm Rush, but that's the only Rush I did.

Nabs

They need to kill that 45 second shit at the end of matches or at least give us a chance to mess with our classes. How about a chat box so we can make fun of the loser team?

Dina said:
Mobile AA is on a lot of maps. Mostly Conquest large, but it's on Kharg, Firestorm and Caspian and maybe Canals too (I forgot).

As for A10, it is on Rush mostly. I know it's on Firestorm Rush, but that's the only Rush I did.

Yeah I should have said that I'm on the 360 and they are nowhere to be seen on conquest as far as I can tell :/

Khal_B

Has there been any reports of hacking? Just played a game where a guy was in a building and picking guys off with a shotgun.

Oh, and are there any smoke grenades or flash bangs in the game?

Nabs said:
They need to kill that 45 second shit at the end of matches or at least give us a chance to mess with our classes.

Agreed.

Nabs

Khal_B said:
Has there been any reports of hacking? Just played a game where a guy was in a building and picking guys off with a shotgun.

Oh, and are there any smoke grenades or flash bangs in the game?

Assault has an M320 (launcher) which can equip smoke.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm using Ventrillo but when in game it won't register my hotkey (End button) so I can't voice chat while in game. Does anyone have a work around?

I don't think anything in my game is bound to that button.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finished the SP. Thought it was a very fun CoD style single player with a few really poorly designed choke points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom