• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipswitch

kingschiebi said:
Is the campaign difficulty supposed to be so fucked up?
I wouldn't consider myself bad at playing a shooter, but this is jst ridiculous on hard difficulty.
Enemies keep respawn, consistently hit me through walls and kill me in 3 shots, even when trying to be prone all the time.
I must have died almost a hundred times now and always on those stupid "run to the checkpoint while infinite respawning enemies shoot at you and only you". No cover, no tactics, nothing - just frustrating exercises in luck.

Am I missing something here or should Dice scrap the whole SP part alltogether next time and get rid of the people who think that infinite respawning enemies are "good gameplay"?

As it seems, I can't even change the difficulty without restarting the campaign.
Fucking A

This pisses me much more off than it is even worth getting angry about, but still...

There are a few sections where the gameplay difficulty is horribly unbalanced on hard difficulty. That section where you had to storm the apartments stands out - I'd get picked off by guys I couldn't even see. There's a few other "gems" after that too.

All in all though, it's better than the MW games on Veteran. No grenade spam helps quite a bit there.

Atruvius

Finished the campaign this morning. After the rage inducing first mission I thought the campaign would be worse than it actually was. There were a few bland looking boring levels but most of 'em were surpisingly good looking.

Paris level was the single player's highlight for me. It was the prettiest level of 'em all, lots of colours and glass, glass everywhere. I must not have been the only one that had just shoot every glass wall and window.

Today I, more or less, mastered the jet. Flying the jets is so much now that I actually know how to use its cannon. I got flares and heat seekers during one match. I agree that the jets are virtually useless in effecting the ground battle and objectives. It's like jets are in their own world, blasting other jets.

Is Tehran highway always the laggiest map for anyone else? Everytime I've played in that particular map my guy just starts warping all over the place, even though the previous matches were fairly lag free.

bizatch said:
So what gives?
bf3_i4.jpg

I have tried and have not been able to take it down.

&Divius said:
Did that happen like 10 minutes ago?

on the EuroGAF server?

Yeah lol guess you was one of them, it was at that first station. Ended up getting killed when I tried to take the flag. :(

Foliorum Viridum said:
FRAPS :)

If you record at half resolution you shouldn't get a FPS hit. My framerate stays at 60 when I record in the game.

Yeah I have recorded a bit before but the files are so damn big, can't bother having it recording all the time.

Kyaw said:
Nice!

Kharg island is becoming one of my favourite maps. It's actually quite open and lots of ways to flank around.

Fuck yeah, Kharg is awesome, especially as I always get lots of mine kills by uncareful drivers. :p

CoolS said:
I'm amazed btw how different the perception about Origin's EULA is. Here in Germany, almost everybody is going apeshit about it. See Amazon.de's 1.5 Star ranking of the game.
Meanwhile, I don't have the impression GAF doesn't care much about this, or am I wrong?

I probably won't care much either when I finally get to play the game but I think it's kind of amazing.

I posted screenshots in the Origin deals thread of some of the stuff origin scans for. It's pretty shocking. Scanning cell phone data on your PC. Tax records. I think BF3 is just a game people want to play badly enough that they aren't complaining more.

WoodenLung said:
Yeah I have recorded a bit before but the files are so damn big, can't bother having it recording all the time.
I have tbs of space so it's not really an issue for me, but I just have it binded to my Mouse 5 button so if I'm doing something potentially cool I can flick it on and record for as long as I want. Obviously it's not the perfect way to catch those random things you can never anticipate, though.

Dina

Atruvius said:
Is Tehran highway always the laggiest map for anyone else? Everytime I've played in that particular map my guy just starts warping all over the place, even though the previous matches were fairly lag free.

Same here. I thought it was the server but it's the map. People need to remove the map because of that. And because it is shit.

CoolS

I H8 Memes said:
I posted screenshots in the Origin deals thread of some of the stuff origin scans for. It's pretty shocking. Scanning cell phone data on your PC. Tax records. I think BF3 is just a game people want to play badly enough that they aren't complaining more.
cellphone stuff? shit, now I'm also getting scared.

Atruvius said:

Pretty sure someone at DICE commented on it on twitter saying that they know about it.

moai

so i'm playing the xbox version on grand bazar and run across a guy, xI ViiRUS Ix 93, 40-0 which it was odd but not uncommon, thought he was just good. run into him, emptied de clip and he didn't died. thought it was just lag. a minute later my squad found him and three of us emptied our clips, through grenades and finally tried to knife him, but he killed all of us without a scratch. clearly he was cheating, he was invincible.
two days form launch and people already cheating' wtf........

moai said:
so i'm playing the xbox version on grand bazar and run across a guy, xI ViiRUS Ix 93, 40-0 which it was odd but not uncommon, thought he was just good. run into him, emptied de clip and he didn't died. thought it was just lag. a minute later my squad found him and three of us emptied our clips, through grenades and finally tried to knife him, but he killed all of us without a scratch. clearly he was cheating, he was invincible.
two days form launch and people already cheating' wtf........

Get his exact username. Report him.

Cutwolf

God, I'm a beast in a tank, but take me out of it, and the fact I haven't played a multiplayer FPS on PC since BF1942 shows. My aiming is so bad, and I'm so far from being used to how sensitive a mouse is compared to a controller, and it's not pretty.

Weenerz

Banned
Anyone else experiencing this feeling that we are running into invisible walls? I like get stuck for a second or two and then it's fine.

MNC

I H8 Memes said:
Link?

Nabs

Weenerz said:
Anyone else experiencing this feeling that we are running into invisible walls? I like get stuck for a second or two and then it's fine.
Yes. I don't know if it's an invisible wall or my controls going to hell.

Dan Yo

Banned
Nabs said:
They need to kill that 45 second shit at the end of matches or at least give us a chance to mess with our classes. How about a chat box so we can make fun of the loser team?
Hell yes. I can't stand that screen. I'd also like it if they give you the option to mess with your class while you're waiting for the respawn timer to finish up rather than making you stare at an opponent laying on the ground without any option to skip or go into loadout.

Gets to the point where I never change my loadout because by the time I'm done looking at the face of some guys character model it's already time for me to jump back in and try to stop people from capturing my territory.

I hate that sometimes I end up losing territories because i know some of my team is busy playing with their loadout rather than spawning because the damn game only lets you look at your loadout when the spawn timer is already up.

meppi

cametall said:
The PS3 squad/mic issues are driving me insane.

The game is fun when you can get it to work.

Yeah it's pretty broken. We use our iPods to talk to each other through FaceTime.
Works a lot better than the mic ever worked in BC2 and now in BF3. :)

Divius

WoodenLung said:
Yeah lol guess you was one of them, it was at that first station. Ended up getting killed when I tried to take the flag. :(
Nah I was on your team but saw it happen (the last kill, not the first 2), I even said to my mate over voice-chat: A dude just parachuted in and took out a guy mid-air, pretty awesome. After you died I still took the flag tho so your death wasn't in vein. <3

1-D_FTW

CoolS said:
I'm amazed btw how different the perception about Origin's EULA is. Here in Germany, almost everybody is going apeshit about it. See Amazon.de's 1.5 Star ranking of the game.
Meanwhile, I don't have the impression GAF doesn't care much about this, or am I wrong?

I probably won't care much either when I finally get to play the game but I think it's kind of amazing.

At this point, I think it's just fatigue. I can't really have a lower opinion of EA than I already do. But it's BF, so what are you gonna do?

Is there something worse than deleting your games if you don't play them?

meppi

razgriz417 said:
Does anyone know how to get medals in game? Do you get them after getting a certain amount of ribbons?
Most are obtained by getting 50 ribbons of on kind, others at 30.
Then there are a couple that you get for X amount of hours in a jet, tank or as a certain class.

cametall

meppi said:
Yeah it's pretty broken. We use our iPods to talk to each other through FaceTime.
Works a lot better than the mic ever worked in BC2 and now in BF3. :)

Right now I can't even get into a game with my squad.

There's issues with the quick game option, but when you use the server browser (with filters off) all the servers are 23/24 people ..

Pulling my hair out here.

Atomski

Weenerz said:
Had it happen a few times today on the Highway map. Figured that map is just broken. Got me killed to >_<.

f0rk

Anyone having problems on PC with the Command Rose thing? I haven't been using it then I respawn after dying and it's constantly flashing up stopping me from looking around or shooting until the end of the round :/

I just spent half an hour trying to get a 25% off coupon from EA support and I couldn't pull it off. Said they wouldn't work on pre-releases or games that releases within the last 30 days.

Gotta give Pashatan credit for being a good sport. I took him inside and out, this way and that trying to get that discount. Told him he was a good and kind man to try to get this discount for me. Told him I would write a sing about him to sing to my children. And over time they would tell his story to their children and they to their children. His legend would grow with every generation. Eventually the story would grow until it was told that he was the President of EA who descended from the clouds to give me the game for free and even installed it on my PC for me.

Didn't work. I told him I was going to put a curse on him right before I logged off.

georgc

soulassssns said:
I have tried and have not been able to take it down.
I'm just gonna chalk it up to being lied too. I put like 6 c4 on the cable buckles and ran jets in the tower and nothing. Thanks dice

Deadly

I H8 Memes said:
I just spent half an hour trying to get a 25% off coupon from EA support and I couldn't pull it off. Said they wouldn't work on pre-releases or games that releases within the last 30 days.

Gotta give Pashatan credit for being a good sport. I took him inside and out, this way and that trying to get that discount. Told him he was a good and kind man to try to get this discount for me. Told him I would write a sing about him to sing to my children. And over time they would tell his story to their children and they to their children. His legend would grow with every generation. Eventually the story would grow until it was told that he was the President of EA who descended from the clouds to give me the game for free and even installed it on my PC for me.

Didn't work. I told him I was going to put a curse on him right before I logged off.
Have you tried getting a birthday code?

Ok guys, I might need some help now.
My BF3 copy seems to have read my rant and decided to up the ante in terms of difficulty by giving my a white screen in "fear no evil" which conviniently covers all enemies that i am supposed to shoot to protect my virtual "bros".

Any workaround for that?
I noticed that i can zoom in and look a bit down to see at least something, but it's still harder than hard to hit every enemy before the dreaded "black has died" shows up.

Deadly said:
Have you tried getting a birthday code?

I cant even remember what I put down for my birthday. Usually the 30th or 31st of October. You know how it is, you never put down your real info on websites. This is probably the one time I put down the real date which was the 6th.

So maybe I get the code tomorrow or the next day, maybe not, but I'm still not sure any codes work on pre-releases or new releases.

megamerican

I'm only a few hours in, but so far I'm baffled at the amount of hate the campaign has attracted. Sure, it's no narrative masterpiece, but the setpieces are impressive enough. Playing the PC version on my projector and the fighter jet scene was flat out amazing. I actually got sort of dizzy. Maybe it's just that my expectations were so low due to all the shit the campaign took.

Too bad there is no Battlerecorder. Last night I shot down a Jet with my Stinger, disabled it. I watched it fall to the ground where it landed on it's teammates tank-blowing them both up and netting me a ton of points.

Fuck your jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom