• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in a tank on Caspian having a gnarly tank battle in Forest against a team of tank+engineers on Hilltop when one of my rounds made the radio tower fall backwards just as their tank blew up. Never saw that before and it was rad as hell. Also, the HG coax on the tanks is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Deadly

I H8 Memes said:
I cant even remember what I put down for my birthday. Usually the 30th or 31st of October. You know how it is, you never put down your real info on websites. This is probably the one time I put down the real date which was the 6th.

So maybe I get the code tomorrow or the next day, maybe not, but I'm still not sure any codes work on pre-releases or new releases.
I preordered my copy with the birthday code. Make a new account with birth date set to say 2-3 days from now (remember to check receive promotions balblabla) and they'll send you one. At least if they haven't caught on to this yet.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Unlocked the AEK-971 earlier and it's so good up close, just shits bullets out and has such little recoil.

PS3 MP - this game is a piece of shit - avoid.

I have an 80% lost connect rate when attempting to join matches. When in a match there is a tonne of lag. Hit detection seems much more spotty than BC2 and the input lag means fine movements with either stick won't even register in game.

Massa

the_prime_mover said:
PS3 MP - this game is a piece of shit - avoid.

I have an 80% lost connect rate when attempting to join matches. When in a match there is a tonne of lag. Hit detection seems much more spotty than BC2 and the input lag means fine movements with either stick won't even register in game.

Give this a try.

georgc

I researched and For those of us that care the caspian border tower is not destructible. Only the single player tower is able to be destroyed. +1 for dice lying to us

Atomski

georgc said:
I researched and For those of us that care the caspian border tower is not destructible. Only the single player tower is able to be destroyed. +1 for dice lying to us
I don't get the significance of the tower knocking over. Dice probably doing all of us a favor framerate wise.

Zeppelin

Atomski said:
I don't get the significance of the tower knocking over. Dice probably doing all of us a favor framerate wise.

Plus the tower falling would probably be the first thing to happen on Caspian every round...

Danneee

I keep getting stuck on/to things in the MP. It's silly to have to jump up on curbs and not being able to just run over them. It's just as buggy as the SP and I just can't support this kind of crap, selling the darn game first thing monday.

Oh, and all the damn lights in the game and the almost alway "dirty" screen can go F themselves. If war mostly is about being blinded by car lights or stray spotlights or generally not being able to see properly this could be counted towards the game being realistic. Though I'm pretty sure it's just shitty design.

Atomski

Zeppelin said:
Plus the tower falling would probably be the first thing to happen on Caspian every round...
Yep, I am positive Dice removed the option for good reasons. I can only imagine kids crashing a plane into it every round as a joke.

georgc said:
Well it Wouk be fun and piss off some annoying sniper.
I never see snipers up there anymore since the ladder was removed.

It does baffle me that after 10 years of battlefield games, theres some basic functionality features that DICE seem incapable of doing.

You can't check your ping in game, you can't find out the name of the server or its IP in game. You can't filter the server browser by max number of players (I really want this) or ping (this too).

It can't be that hard can it?

AndyD

aka andydumi
MrPing1000 said:
It does baffle me that after 10 years of battlefield games, theres some basic functionality features that DICE seem incapable of doing.

You can't check your ping in game, you can't find out the name of the server or its IP in game. You can't filter the server browser by max number of players (I really want this) or ping (this too).

It can't be that hard can it?

Ping seems to have some issues right now. It does not update properly. But I want a sort to eliminate passworded servers.

Hmm why did I just unlock a second m4, only difference appear to be that this one has a burst mode instead of full auto, seems a bit redundant.

Just saw some guy cheating, doing 1 hit kills from across the map in a tank, so basically the same cheats as the freaking beta.

Oh and this on a Punkbuster server.... fantastic!

Lanbeast

LcrfB.png

My dog tags.

Anyone having trouble with Xbox Live parties? It was fine this morning for a few hours, and then I lost power for 10 seconds because of the snow and ever since I can't connect to anyone through a party invite, and they can't join each other either. Anyone else?

GodofWine

F#A#Oo said:
Have you got info for PS3 users?

I put my PS3 into a DMZ when I was having issues with VoIP on BLOPS, can't see the harm in doing it, no one is trying to 'infiltrate' the ps3...and now all my ports are wide open.

All the remaining bugs (voip / squad) in BF3 are server side at this point.

MrBig

Had a pretty amazing battlefield moment
Started the game as a passenger in a little bird on Damavand, pilot crossed over the ridge to their capture point, jumped out and parachuted down directly on top of their tank, and shot it with an rpg. Both the guys in their jumped out and I stole it, killing them and taking the CP.
Rest of the game was great too, came out MVP.

Darklord

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
DICE really do suck when it comes to UI.

I do have to admit it's a fucking pest. Customizing has way to many clicks needed. You can't click on the map to select a spawn point either.

I think the UI looks great, but it isn't so 'usable' for the time being, but it has improved a lot since the Alpha...

I suppose we all know that it will continue to improve.

Has anyone else noticed that the damage has been lowered since the Beta? As in, it takes longer to kill someone than it did in the Beta?

I am really unhappy that DICE decided to go that way, one of my favorite things about BF3 was the damage levels, and now they've just noobed it. I hope there is some way it can be increased. It's not game destroying, but sometimes when I die because I stop shooting because I expect someone to be dead with that amount of shots because of what I'm used to with the Beta, it sorta REALLY pisses me off.

I also think the Squad system is funky as... having to leave squad then join squad is bogus, it's good that it shows some stats about the players in each squad however.

I can't wait until some of my friends pick up the game and we can get our proper squads going and play this game properly, because I'm the only Aussie I know that is playing the game at the moment so I'm always having to play with randoms *UGH*

EDIT - GAF has the ability for Sigs?

1stStrike

Banned
Roche178 said:
What's the consensus on the Heavy MG perk for the tank? Is it worth using?

Yes. The heavy MG is godly. Not only does it actually do significant damage to helicopters/lightly armored vehicles, but it takes far less to kill infantry with it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I really hope they release some BC2 maps for this in the future. On consoles, this game desperately needs a map like Atacama desert, laguna presa, and panama canal.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Ps3 is laggy for me too. Keeps stuttering/jumping back a split second.

Menus are dumb. No exiting from the lobby and not letting you boot right into multi would be my most wanted changes.

Also, I can't believe the in-game manual is as shitty as a paper manual. Thought they were so short to save costs on paper and ink,

leng jai

Danneee said:
I keep getting stuck on/to things in the MP. It's silly to have to jump up on curbs and not being able to just run over them. It's just as buggy as the SP and I just can't support this kind of crap, selling the darn game first thing monday.

Oh, and all the damn lights in the game and the almost alway "dirty" screen can go F themselves. If war mostly is about being blinded by car lights or stray spotlights or generally not being able to see properly this could be counted towards the game being realistic. Though I'm pretty sure it's just shitty design.

Welcome to DICE MP where pebbles act as impenetrable barriers.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
SoulPlaya said:
I really hope they release some BC2 maps for this in the future. On consoles, this game desperately needs a map like Atacama desert, laguna presa, and panama canal.
I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you them eventually.

.nimrod

Foliorum Viridum said:
FRAPS :)

If you record at half resolution you shouldn't get a FPS hit. My framerate stays at 60 when I record in the game.

I'm late but what graphics card are you on and what settings do you use?

I'm on a GTX580 and i tried all sorts of settings but i get these weird stutters where my image freezes for almost half a second at times and i absolutely need a locked 60 when i'm flying around.
I recorded some testfootage, the stuttering is especially noticeable in the second part (excuse the humongous HUD, that's from when i tried 720p)

Youtube vid of me goofing around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom