• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

The Antitype said:
So, uh, how do you fire a stinger missile in this game?

I have the reticule centered right over a tank, and it won't shoot?

stinger and igla are for anti air only. lol

I cant wait until we turn kill cam off on the GAF server. The horrible spawn system only makes the situation worse.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The Antitype said:

Stinger only works on aircraft. Javelin is for ground vehicles.

BagSquad

Banned
The Antitype said:

It's for air vehicles only, it won't work against tanks.

Is anyone else on PC having a problem where, when you start Battlefield 3 on Origin, nothing launches? I'm updating/repairing the game now, but it worked fine yesterday night. Is there some PC maintenance going on right now? Or is this going to be another one of those endless battles, I knew getting no Punkbuster kicks was too good to be true.

Like Bazaar, people getting stuck in choke points is their own fault, theres many lanes of approach for most spots. Often find myself getting a bunch of kills by flanking a choke point

1-D_FTW

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yup, it's perfectly designed.

People hating just can't navigate the paths!

My guess is people hating it don't like infantry based BF. There are plenty of games that do that style of game much better. If it ain't a mufti-faceted battlefield, it ain't BF to me.

Foliorum Viridum said:
sdsd5ulj.jpg

This is why mines are awesome. 1000pts!

I shall use them often then.

soulassssns said:
I shall use them often then.
It really is worth it. There's like a dozen points in each map that I know if I plant a mine I'll get a kill, and considering there's usually 2-4 people in a vehicle it REALLY racks up the points.

I abuse the fuck out of claymores in CoD, now I abuse the fuck out of mines in BF3. I love them.

Taking out one of those trucks with 6 people in? ORGASM.

Spl1nter

1-D_FTW said:
My guess is people hating it don't like infantry based BF. There are plenty of games that do that style of game much better. If it ain't a mufti-faceted battlefield, it ain't BF to me.

There is the IFV for each side which makes a huge difference. A squad giving that IFV ground support makes it super strong. Karkand also disproves the idea of people disliking infantry based BF.

Damivand Peak on Rush is such a damn good level, I love it - the design feels so realistic but also so far fetched, the base Jumping bit is just so damn good I almost cried.

1stStrike

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Like Bazaar, people getting stuck in choke points is their own fault, theres many lanes of approach for most spots. Often find myself getting a bunch of kills by flanking a choke point

Here's what happened to my team the other day on that map. One side was protected by a tank + infantry that had a tank with 3 or 4 engineers constantly repairing it, while the other side had a engineer with an infinite amount of mortars spamming that side (there were two of them so it was a constant barrage).

There was absolutely no way through... it was literally just a stand still for about 20 minutes. We had half the flags, they had half the flags, and nothing happened. The ended up winning because of people on my team throwing themselves to their deaths over and over against the mortars and tanks.

I really just can't stand that map anymore after that shit.

So here's the new AusGAF Emblem.

I'm pretty happy with it! In-fact, I'm gloriously happy with it :D

I'm going to ad all of the GAF Platoon Emblems to the OP now.

2832655241024483347elbq.jpeg

elco

Are there any maps currently that allow you to battle over vehicle resources (ie the airport on Wake in 1942) in conquest? Im guessing there are some tanks or jeeps I have just over looked as I find the helicopters so much fun :) Thats my fav part of wake, the constant battle over the airport.

_tetsuo_ said:
What is wrong with grand bazaar? Lots of action, lots of paths. It is a little CoDish but its a nice break up from teh hugeness of Caspian Border. Metro is just awful. Just a clusterfuck at B everytime.

You want a break from Caspian? Caspian is the break.

This whole damn game should be a break from gameplay like Bazaar.

Massa

I thought the SP campaign was quite alright for what it is, I enjoyed it despite all the problems. It's a shame they had to cut the melee system in favor of QTE's.

Now on to the real Battlefield 3.

Seems to me DICE can't win with some people. They've made a great infantry based map and lots of people are hating because it's not Caspian, when the majority of maps are large and open.

Variety is good. All of the best FPS have varied maps that change up the play style.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wish people would spot more. Its one button! I guess the priority when you see a guy is to go for the kill, but spotting really helps give an idea of who you're up against and exposes bad dudes for all your bros.

Think of the bros!

EatChildren said:
I wish people would spot more. Its one button! I guess the priority when you see a guy is to go for the kill, but spotting really helps give an idea of who you're up against and exposes bad dudes for all your bros.

Think of the bros!

I wish people would spot planes more... Specially when they're trying to get behind my tail without me having a clue.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Seems to me DICE can't win with some people. They've made a great infantry based map and lots of people are hating because it's not Caspian, when the majority of maps are large and open.

Variety is good. All of the best FPS have varied maps that change up the play style.

Four out of nine maps is a majority?

Foliorum Viridum said:

I would agree, except Metro is a terrible infantry map too. If only it was good like Bazaar.

Maybe if folks didn't spent an entire round feebly attempting to capture Alleyway and see that Bazaar has more to offer than RPG vs RPG combat... then maybe they will learn to appreciate what it has to offer.

Enkidu

Foliorum Viridum said:

I don't know if the majority are large and open. It depends on how you'd clasify Tehran, haven't really played it enough myself. Either way, that leaves you with 5 larger maps, which is the real problem here. If all of them were excellent it would perhaps not be as much of a problem but canals for example is rather dull. If DICE had just put in a decent amount of maps, say around 15 or so there wouldn't be as much of a problem to include a few tiny maps as well.

And there can be great variety in the larger maps as well. The game for example completely lacks any really large scale maps. It's all really close quarters or medium distance.

WoodenLung said:
I would agree, except Metro is a terrible infantry map too. If only it was good like Bazaar.
I never said Metro was a good Infantry map :p

Confidence Man said:
Four out of nine maps is a majority?
Bazaar, Seine and Metro are the only small, infantry maps in my eyes.

Damavand Peak is very linear but it's so vehicle based. Paired up with the remaining maps that's 5/9.

"Majority" might've been the wrong word to use, but there's enough really big maps to justify trying some smaller, infantry ones. They failed with Metro, but with Siene and especially Bazaar they succeeded and I think DICE should be praised for that. If all 9 maps were big open ones like Caspian I'd get a bit bored of the same approach.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Maybe if folks didn't spent an entire round feebly attempting to capture Alleyway and see that Bazaar has more to offer than RPG vs RPG combat... then maybe they will learn to appreciate what it has to offer.
Also, this.

The alley can be very intense, but some people just spend their entire time there. I spend maybe 5% of my playtime there. The rest of the map is the meat - no idea why people are so focused on that one place.

Is there anyway of seeing your complete match history? I can only access my recent Battle Reports, but I'd love to have a complete list/history for posterity's sake.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Seine is a terrible map. Honestly the map pool is terrible, DICE must have fired most of the people who worked on BF2.

Enkidu said:
I don't know if the majority are large and open. It depends on how you'd clasify Tehran, haven't really played it enough myself. Either way, that leaves you with 5 larger maps, which is the real problem here. If all of them were excellent it would perhaps not be as much of a problem but canals for example is rather dull. If DICE had just put in a decent amount of maps, say around 15 or so there wouldn't be as much of a problem to include a few tiny maps as well.

And there can be great variety in the larger maps as well. The game for example completely lacks any really large scale maps. It's all really close quarters or medium distance.
Oh, I totally agree there's not enough maps.

In a post-Call of Duty world, less than 12 is pretty shoddy. The sweet spot is 15, I'd say.

Makoto

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Absolutely. In the Large version, there are tons of reason to stick to open field. The map reminds of Mashtuur City with a little bit of Karkand thrown in.

Enkidu

vidal said:
Absolutely. In the Large version, there are tons of reason to stick to open field. The map reminds of Mashtuur City with a little bit of Karkand thrown in.
The problem is that there is no flag similar to power plant or the gas stations outside the city. If there were any flags like that I'd like it a lot more.

Lanbeast

Someone should make a Battlefield dogtag thread, for science.

Unlocked the open mouthed Dr. Pepper dinosaur tag earlier today but I like my M249 kill tag too much to let go ;[

lol playing campaign, mission night shift. At RV Point Delta when the dudes come in and my marine friend says clear and we go in the next room and get shot at -_-

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Firestorm. Jets and helis everywhere. Not a single stinger hit because of flairs.

Fuck that shit.

RibbedHero said:
Is there anyway of seeing your complete match history? I can only access my recent Battle Reports, but I'd love to have a complete list/history for posterity's sake.

Just wanted to ask this again.

EatChildren said:
Firestorm. Jets and helis everywhere. Not a single stinger hit because of flairs.

Fuck that shit.

Really? I find it easy to hit on the second Stinger missile after the flare. You can reload/lock on faster than flares re-gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom