• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3 QUESTION!

I've been playing Bad Company 2 with the Sony Bluetooth mic and never had any problems, now I just tried playing BF3 with some friends, but I can't use the mic.

I hear them through my TV's speakers, but normally when I turn the mic on, it does the little jingle and then there's a BEEP BEEP to notify that the mic can be used. I turn it on with BF3, but there's no BEEP BEEP.

Does anyone heard about an issue linked to this? o_O

Makoto

I finally unlocked the guided missile for the jet. Now that is an unlock that was worth grinding for. It may only do 34 damage to tanks that are moving, but when they're stationary or they're already damaged and you destroy it...Mmmm, feels like you're providing air support to the troops in a movie. Now I truly feel like I am useful to the ground troops.

sogood.gif

Ice Raven said:
ah mines. gotcha. thx

Love mines. Laying them in frequented roadways is always great, especially since they are persistent throughout the game. Set it and forget it. Always great to destroy a tank 5-10 minutes after you set it and forgotten about it.

catotheyounger said:
Love mines. Laying them in frequented roadways is always great, especially since they are persistent throughout the game. Set it and forget it. Always great to destroy a tank 5-10 minutes after you set it and forgotten about it.

Even better is putting down mines, look up and see a tank coming your way, you try to run away but the tank spots you and tries to get closer to you and the shit you are hiding behind just to explode in front of you. Seeing jeeps full of people exploding at the start of games is so great too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My W/L ratio is TERRIBLE. I keep getting into losing teams. :(

Also, should i worry if my GPU is heating up to 54 celsius during a game? I really do not want another overheating issue like my previous cards. Although i have a much bigger case with more fans than before, so maybe i shouldn't worry this much.

Makoto

Not even Amnesia is as scary as being in an air vehicle when a server lags. Lag kicks in and everything is shaking like an earthquake is happening in your own cockpit.

RS4-

People still don't realize you can use the javelin on anything the soflam targets, even air ones.

I'm not that huge of a fan of Canal and Kharg in Conquest.

Nabs

Bisnic said:

Also, should i worry if my GPU is heating up to 54 celsius during a game? I really do not want another overheating issue like my previous cards. Although i have a much bigger case with more fans than before, so maybe i shouldn't worry this much.
54c is great. That's where I sit at.

Bisnic said:

54 celsius? That is more than fine.

Edit : I am so slow.

RS4-

iAeAS.jpg

lol. To be fair, only 4 of those were on the GAF server. The rest were on some HC conquest server.

And the game that I lost, I had just joined.

WoodenLung said:
Even better is putting down mines, look up and see a tank coming your way, you try to run away but the tank spots you and tries to get closer to you and the shit you are hiding behind just to explode in front of you. Seeing jeeps full of people exploding at the start of games is so great too.
I've not played as engineer yet as I'm maxing out assault. Do the mines disappear when you die? If not, are you still given the points for the kills?

SirButterstick said:
I gotta admit, I really like Battlelog.

Me too. But they still really should add some proper squad management in game, no excuse for that just because you can also do it in battlelog.

Kylehimself said:
I've not played as engineer yet as I'm maxing out assault. Do the mines disappear when you die? If not, are you still given the points for the kills?

I am not sure if the mines ever disappear, they certainly don't dissapear if you die and yes you still get the kills.

Desaan

Bisnic said:

Modern GPU's are fine even up to 90+ Celsius, they actually perform just as well as a cool card but it does somewhat dwindle the card's lifespan. Alarm bells would be ringing anything above that because it would mean something is badly wrong.

WoodenLung said:
I am not sure if the mines ever disappear, they certainly don't dissapear if you die and yes you still get the kills.
Cheers.

Another question. Does anybody know what the services stars are about.I don't mean the weapon ones, but the class based ones. Mine says Assault Service Star 1, 74%. Do they just give you a bunch of points and a little star with a number on your kill cam somewhere?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Desaan said:
Modern GPU's are fine even up to 90+ Celsius, they actually perform just as well as a cool card but it does somewhat dwindle the card's lifespan. Alarm bells would be ringing anything above that because it would mean something is badly wrong.

Yup; my GTX570 (2nd reference) runs about 85c under load stock. I have it at 840/1680/2200 with a OC, and it hovers around 90c when playing. I freaked out a little at first; but after some internet research, everyone says 85-95 is perfectly okay; it's when you break 100c that you really need to worry.

My GPU has been going strong for over a month now, for what it's worth.

JWong

Banned
Man, GAF server is so good. I can actually do decent on it.

Other servers are so lag, I'm barely able to move after a while.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How many fucking rockets does it take to blow vehicles up?

Took me 3 rockets to blow up a humvee that was sitting still. Is this some kind of joke?

Vehicle Disables is nice in theory, but it's a freebie for vehicles which are already incredibly hard to actually blow up.

Flares seem to reload a bit too fast on air vehicles as well.

I've had some fun with the game, but it's doing a great job at pissing me off so far.

Moaradin

What's the best Drivers for Nvidia? When I use the latest battlefield 3 drivers, I get nothing but stuttering because the GPU goes from 99% usage to 0% every second. I tried reverting to the 266.58 drivers but they aren't supported apparently, because I get nothing but empty textures.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Tomat said:

Took me 3 rockets to blow up a humvee that was sitting still. Is this some kind of joke?

Vehicle Disables is nice in theory, but it's a freebie for vehicles which are already incredibly hard to actually blow up.

I've had some fun with the game, but it's doing a great job at pissing me off so far.
Tried the explosion perk?

ElyrionX

Interficium said:
They really need to make engineers carbines shittier if they're going to allow them to also carry stingers and mines at the same time. Way too much incentive to play this class and be a little do-it-all god.

At any given game I'm in over 60 percent of the server is playing SCAR-H engineer. Lame.

Yeah, after struggling with the Recon class, I'm giving up on that shit and moving on to the Engineer. Sniping is way too gimped in this.

Smokey

I am growing fond of the SV98 bolt-action Sniper Rifle. At first I hated it because once you shoot you have to zoom out and pop the case out and then zoom back in. But then I got in a rhythm with it and now I love it. I prefer it to the MK10 SR. Once you shoot somebody (if it's not a head shot), and you pop the shell out and zoom back in and get em with that 2nd shot...feelsgoodman.

I've got 41 kills with it, and 25 of those being head shots. I got a 2 for 1 on Bazaar earlier on Spl1inter and somebody else. One bullet took he and his teammate down with a headshot. Now that I unlocked the MAV, this is probably my favorite class.

MAV action. Pretty sweet to being able to view the action from above and call out/spot enemies for your team. You can go all the way up to the ceiling and can zoom in as well. Here's an un-zoomed shot:

bf3_2011_10_29_23_07_42dtc.png

Tomat

SteveO409 said:
Tried the explosion perk?

I don't have it yet, but it bugs me that it takes THAT much to take out a vehicle.

A weapon shouldn't be ineffective until you get a "perk."

Tomat said:

takes me 1 rocket to disable a humvee without the explosions perk. Lag?

Tomat

DoctorButt said:
takes me 1 rocket to disable a humvee without the explosions perk. Lag?

I disabled it on the first rocket, but in order to actually blow it up it takes a hell of a lot more.

Plus when you have a disabled humvee that's still firing on you, it's a bit of a problem for the team at the flag so you have to keep firing on it.

ElyrionX

Smokey said:
I am growing fond of the SV98 bolt-action Sniper Rifle. At first I hated it because once you shoot you have to zoom out and pop the case out and then zoom back in. But then I got in a rhythm with it and now I love it. I prefer it to the MK10 SR. Once you shoot somebody (if it's not a head shot), and you pop the shell out and zoom back in and get em with that 2nd shot...feelsgoodman.

I've got 41 kills with it, and 25 of those being head shots. I got a 2 for 1 on Bazaar earlier on Spl1inter and somebody else. One bullet took he and his teammate down with a headshot. Now that I unlocked the MAV, this is probably my favorite class.

I am struggling with it now. Any tips? The SV98 (and all other bolt action rifles, I presume) is 2-hits kill, unlike the semi-autos like the SKS and MK11 which are 3-hits kill, right?

Smokey

ElyrionX said:
I am struggling with it now. Any tips? The SV98 (and all other bolt action rifles, I presume) is 2-hits kill, unlike the semi-autos like the SKS and MK11 which are 3-hits kill, right?

Just keep practicing. I'm assuming you don't have the 12x scope unlocked yet? That made it much easier for me. Make sure you hold SHIFT in while under the scope to hold your breath. At distance aim higher than the target to account for bullet drop. Head shot is 1 kill, SV98 is 2 body shots, and the MK11 may be 2 or 3 I'm not sure.

When you say "struggling", what do you mean?

snack said:
WTF. iTunes keeps opening itself when I'm in game. Soooo annoying.

It's probably from Origin scanning your HDD for your personal info. I posted some pics in this thread and the Origin deals thread on the kinds of stuff Origin scans on your HDD. Cell phone data if you hook it up to your PC, tax info on your PC. It's pretty crazy.

RS4-

Smokey said:

I don't remember how sniping was in BC2 and I did it a lot with the m40. The only thing I've had to get used to was actually holding down the sights in 3 instead of having it as a toggle in BC2

With the 98 I think I'm at something like 113 kills, 63 are to the head. I've been using bipod and 4x scope. Past few games I switched to straight bolt and 4x, still alright, even at long range. I never liked the high powered scopes in BC2, still dont like them here.

edit - and I hate semi auto ones too

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I H8 Memes said:
It's probably from Origin scanning your HDD for your personal info. I posted some pics in this thread and the Origin deals thread on the kinds of stuff Origin scans on your HDD. Cell phone data if you hook it up to your PC, tax info on your PC. It's pretty crazy.

Hahahaha, wow. Big Brother and all that stuff.

lol too many attempts to join the server followed by the take it easy msg then comes the server full msg.

game is not even fun enough to be a dick like that

iam220

I H8 Memes said:

Wait, what?!

Do you have a link to those posts?

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I've completely lost my interest in dog fighting. It's like - just leave me alone so I can shoot at shit on the ground and help my team out. Everyone wants to be a fucking rockstar fighter pilot, though, and spend 10 minutes dog fighting with you in the sky.

Moaradin said:
The new nvidia drivers are completely broken. Anyone know of STABLE drivers?

Get the latest off http://tweakforce.com - I've been using them for a while with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom