• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
2lo6e02.jpg

EatChildren said:
Firestorm. Jets and helis everywhere. Not a single stinger hit because of flairs.

Fuck that shit.

Firestorm is not very fun at all if you're into infantry play style. Everyone wants to fly and the rest are in tanks, miles apart..

Looking forward down the road to infantry only servers with good map rotations. I don't know all the names yet but there are certainly a lot of maps I don't want to play in the long run.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Menelaus said:
Has anyone else with nvidia cards been having an issue with strange artifacts emanating from the center of your reticule? This is a VERY tame example.
I had some extreme artifacts for a while (560Ti with factory OC). Not just from the center, but goddamn everywhere. The artifacts seems to have stopped after i disabled windows aero though, so you could try that.

AngelSoldier said:
I've done this (PS3 Version), but the match you quit out of still goes into your battlelog and the result is added to your W/L Ratio, which is super annoying. I agree that the console versions need a way to quit out between rounds.
it shows in the battlelog, but it doesn't count if you don't complete the game.

doomed1 said:
He should really play conquest. Camping in that game is alot harder and if you're on a competitive team, then things like spawn dying and camping is harder to back up.

In the meanwhile, I really, really, REALLY wish I had smoke grenades. I'd even give up a specialization slot to have them. Covering movement would make problem areas in some maps so much easier, but the only specialty that has smoke is Assault, and no one in that class uses smokes.
last night i unlocked the M320 just before i quit playing for the night, and tonight, all i did for the first few games was try to kill people with it, just so i could unlock smoke grenades! i didn't actually USE the smoke grenades yet though. the really funny thing was how bad the grenade launcher is... i shot several prone people point blank directly in their back and they sometimes didn't die! WTF DICE?

How does this Amazon DD tie into origin? It's downloading the file through Amazon and I guess I can just drag and drop that anywhere. I thought they would just send me a code to download it through Origin.

AcridMeat

Banned
After playing for quite a while the past two days, I cannot wait for the Karkand pack. I can't get over how dumb large conquest at metro is. Team captured B? Run around with defibs out and score a million points, also win.

noise36

I H8 Memes said:
How does this Amazon DD tie into origin? It's downloading the file through Amazon and I guess I can just drag and drop that anywhere. I thought they would just send me a code to download it through Origin.

They do give you an origin code.

Best way would be to download through origin but the amazon download should also work fine.

Is it just me, or is the IR site pretty over-powered. I realize it has no zoom, but when guys are lit up like an xmas tree, it's not hard to take them out at range anyway.

GJS

I haven't been on a default server since I found these "BF2 style/Classic mode" servers, the game is so much more enjoyable for me with no health regen, no doritos, no kill cam and SL spawn only.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How the heck does one fly planes and stuff? Also is there anyway to connect and use a 360 controller for it? I have mine connected but it doesn't seem to be working.

got 360 controller working, now to suck even more.

Foliorum Viridum said:
It really is worth it. There's like a dozen points in each map that I know if I plant a mine I'll get a kill, and considering there's usually 2-4 people in a vehicle it REALLY racks up the points.

I abuse the fuck out of claymores in CoD, now I abuse the fuck out of mines in BF3. I love them.

Taking out one of those trucks with 6 people in? ORGASM.
oh yeah, i abuse mines. i had like 7500 AT Mine kills in BC2. i just started using the Claymores and i love them, so many hilarious moments already!

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Any news of when they are going to fix the get-in-from-prone movement?

The response time has gotten me killed all too often.
i think that's by design.

-Amon-

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Any news of when they are going to fix the get-in-from-prone movement?

The response time has gotten me killed all too often.

Nothing to fix. If it was faster it would be too easy to dodge incoming fire.

Think ahead.

They really need to make engineers carbines shittier if they're going to allow them to also carry stingers and mines at the same time. Way too much incentive to play this class and be a little do-it-all god.

At any given game I'm in over 60 percent of the server is playing SCAR-H engineer. Lame.

-Amon- said:
Nothing to fix. If it was faster it would be too easy to dodge incoming fire.

Think ahead.

I apologize I meant type getting OUT of prone. getting in to prone is relatively fast.

its geting out of prone that always seems oddly slow. Some other users seem to agree some pages back.

MrBig

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
I apologize I meant type getting OUT of prone. getting in to prone is relatively fast.

its geting out of prone that always seems oddly slow. Some other users seem to agree some pages back.
Yes, that is on purpose.

iSurvivedTheOutage said:

It's not too slow IMO. Any faster and it would look ridiculous from an animation standpoint. Plus they probably did it like that to discourage any type of "drop shot pop up instantly" nonsense.

Is there a way to customize my Russian soldier under "Customize Soldier?" I can only seem to customize my American loadout. Crazy oversight if true.

(360 ver.)

MrBig

Quote said:
Is there a way to customize my Russian soldier under "Customize Soldier?" I can only seem to customize my American loadout. Crazy oversight if true.

(360 ver.)
There is no difference besides the character model. All changed attributes apply to both. If you are playing as the Russians you get a different default weapon and you can see the different player model in the kit menu while in-game.

dmg04 said:
Stingers are utterly useless. I don't understand why jets get so many fucking flares. My bud and i were trying to shoot someone down for 8 minutes last night. Flares zapped all of our missiles.
I don't get why Jets have unlimited flares and reload so quickly...

wwm0nkey

Easy way to distract people as an engineer

1. Take out blow torch
2. Draw something obscene on the wall
3. Wait for enemy to walk in and be distracted by it
4. Kill him

Me and my friends have been doing this all day and it works amazingly lol

Havok

Hit a bizarre bug last night. One of my teammates ended up being invincible, he couldn't be damaged. On the squad screen, he showed up as dead, so I couldn't spawn on him, and he didn't have a name over his head, but he was able to take out like 20 dudes before he somehow got out-of-boundsded to death.

aznpxdd

wwm0nkey said:

1. Take out blow torch
4. Kill him

Haha, gotta try this later.

MrBig said:
There is no difference besides the character model. All changed attributes apply to both. If you are playing as the Russians you get a different default weapon and you can see the different player model in the kit menu while in-game.
No, my Russian character has a light unlocked for his default assault rifle but my US soldier does not. In the customize section I cannot see the Russian default gun or tactical light.

Interficium said:
They really need to make engineers carbines shittier if they're going to allow them to also carry stingers and mines at the same time. Way too much incentive to play this class and be a little do-it-all god.

At any given game I'm in over 60 percent of the server is playing SCAR-H engineer. Lame.
If you jelly, join em.
Taking down Abrams is such a joy.
Btw which class allows you to plant spawn points?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Which map has the long tunnel is the middle? I likes me that one.

Caspian is huge. I feel like if you aren't with a good squad that is transporting you around and is generally playing stupid--that is, the entire console random population--there is just so much walking.

Strife91

wwm0nkey said:

1. Take out blow torch
4. Kill him

Thank you. I gotta try this out.

leng jai

Man I really don't understand how the point system works for destroying tanks. Sometimes I'll shoot a tank 3 times and get no points, or very little points. Sometimes I don't seem to get points for destroying it even though it clearly blew up.

MrBig

Quote said:
No, my Russian character has a light unlocked for his default assault rifle but my US soldier does not. In the customize section I cannot see the Russian default gun or tactical light.
It does? Maybe for assault since I have never spawned as that so I wouldn't know. I don't know if there is a work around if you can't change it from the in-match kit menu while playing as a Russian. If there isn't just play as a different class until you unlock a PDW or just turn it off.

leng jai said:
Man I really don't understand how the point system works for destroying tanks. Sometimes I'll shoot a tank 3 times and get no points, or very little points. Sometimes I don't seem to get points for destroying it even though it clearly blew up.

If your rocket ends up contributing to the tank's demise you get points. If it recovers, then it doesn't count.

I don't think you get points for destroying tanks that are already disabled and the driver has bailed though. THat's whats probably causing the confusion.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can't say what maps I do and don't like so far because no matter how early or late I join a game it will always disconnect me after a few mins during the following round. Give3s me some Timed Out error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom