• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I used to like the Mortars when I first unlocked it, but they are extremely difficult to kill tanks with. It takes 3-4 shots and that's if they are completely still, which isn't likely. Plus you need to know where they are.

C4 is a lot more useful.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Playing with 24 people or less increases the fun factor 100 fold on most of these maps. Damacand, Seine, Grand Bazaar, are all ton more fun with a lower player count.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Marco1 said:
I am now done with this game on Xbox360.
This is the first game I have played that feels that it really needs to be on the next gen of consoles.
The graphics, screen tearing and visibility are awful.

Funny, I have none of those issues.

RbBrdMan said:
Playing with 24 people or less increases the fun factor 100 fold on most of these maps. Damacand, Seine, Grand Bazaar, are all ton more fun with a lower player count.

Yeah, the funny thing is I see the Bteam guys playing mostly smaller playercount games now.

Gotta chuckle at that.

Turning on Friendly Fire by default would also stop some of the mortar spam. A mortar soldier would be more cautious as to where he lets his rounds fly.

And for those curious about selling the single player disc... I just checked completed auctions on eBay and the disc is going for an average of $35.

woober

RbBrdMan said:

That's what happens when they design maps based on lower player counts. Only a few maps feel like they were built with 64 players in mind... which is sad.

Deadly

TheSeks said:
Of course before any of that I want an Arica Harbor, Port Valadez, Cold War and Deconstruction remake/port. >:|
Glad I'm not the only one who misses Port Valdez. I just love the snow environment. All through beta and release, never got sick of it.

Been playing through the single player out of curiousity. I've never seen a game with so many bugs or glitches. Twice, QTEs have failed to initialize which resulted in me being killed. On one particular mission, i was following a tank. The orders were to follow the tank. The tank was disabled in the middle of the street by a rocket. I had to restart the mission twice because I couldn't advance through the mission because the tank I had to follow was stuck in the middle of the street. Third time playing through this mission, the tank I was following was completed destroyed, this allow me to progress through the mission, however, the marker on the map required me to drive my tank through the ground floor of an office building. This ground floor was full of indestructable tables. After about four more mission restarts, my tank mustered up enough torque to power through the building. The single player game feels untested and unfinished.

I really hope they fix the commo rose implementation to something like it was in BF2/2142. It's pretty much useless in its current form, as no one can actually hear it. Is it so hard to place some preset messages in the chat box when you hit a commo rose command?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't think I've played 1 map I don't like personally. Metro is probably the worst only because I played it in the beta already.

MrBig

RbBrdMan said:
Yes. I was expecting the opposite to be true, but 24 players on consoles fills up all the maps quite nicely. I couldn't imagine playing 64 on some

Nabs

SUBZERO-08 said:
I really hope they fix the commo rose implementation to something like it was in BF2/2142. It's pretty much useless in its current form, as no one can actually hear it. Is it so hard to place some preset messages in the chat box when you hit a commo rose command?
I hope I can disable it or set it to a different button

Wthermans

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I think they already did.

Using mortar is a death trap to anyone who knows what to look for. The shot/reload is slow as hell, the getting in/out of mortar takes forever, and every shot leaves streakers in the sky and plots you on the mini map.

C4 is a much better weapon than mortar. People are overplaying how "good" it is.

Last night I made it a point to keep hunting down the enemy mortar guy. So easy to find, and helpless.
My EOD bot loves nothing more than stalking and flaming unsuspecting mortar guys.

Am I the only one still in love with the "hurdle" animation? I'm still jumping over barriers needlessly because it looks and feels fantastic. Also, the way your dude smoothly pulls out and carries the pistol when you're sprinting = sexxxxxx. Good animations are the difference between a game I'm enjoying, and a game I love to play.

Wthermans

Banned
snack said:
Is it not possible to knife and kill an enemy while prone?
While the attacker is prone or the victim? I've killed a ton of people while the victim is prone, but haven't tried when I'm attacking them and prone.

bitoriginal

Anyone know if they've fixed the whole playing with your friends thing? I've actually managed to get in a couple of games with friends and just wondering if it's luck or if they've sorted it out. Xbox here by the way.

Also, seeing loads of people with the promo dogtags in Europe. Is there a way to get them here?

GenericUser

Ryuuga said:

playable manliness

fuck-yeah.jpg

TCRS

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Am I the only one still in love with the "hurdle" animation? I'm still jumping over barriers needlessly because it looks and feels fantastic. Also, the way your dude smoothly pulls out and carries the pistol when you're sprinting = sexxxxxx. Good animations are the difference between a game I'm enjoying, and a game I love to play.

I love the pistol reload animation. Nice and smooth.

PoweredBySoy said:
Has there been any discussion as far as nerfing the IRNV scope, because the thing completely breaks the game.

its basically cheat mode. thankfully a lot of people aren't aware of it yet but pretty soon every gun will have one.

Nabs

I wish battlelog would show you every snatched dog tag like BFBCS.com. It's fun fumbling through all 956 of 'em (nodexter).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Foliorum Viridum said:
So since Tuesday I've played 17 hours.

Oops.

Haha! Fuck! Since release, I've played 36 friggin' hours! I'm level 31 now and abusing the Engineer! I'm testing the other guns/kits now but so far nothing beats the A-91 in terms of sheer bodyraping.

I've also gotten a few medals and in line to get the MVP medal! I can't believe some people say BC2 is better. The game's buggy, but it's damn good. I think a lot of people agree with me since the servers are almost always full and even borked the servers in Asia and AUS.

More maps is all I need and bug fixing. Other than that, one of the best FPS' I've played...of all time. Yeah, bold statement but what other MP FPS can you compare in recent years that even comes close? BC2 and CoD4?

Oh, and yeah, my work productivity has since gone down so hard that one of my EICs asked me if I was dead. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
KingOfKong said:
its bugged, only works sometimes. you also cannot kill somebody that is using Mortars.

That's because mortar counts as a vehicle

Also, you HAVE to knife them from the back, so lag can play a roll in a successful knife.

Ten crash to dashboard this evening... What happen at the euro server? I can join matches alone but if i try with just one friend on board the game freeze. I noticed browsing server a lot of new room (like 90 pages of normal server) but the problems still. I want to play this game but...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I'm making this post to state that having to unlock flares and missiles for choppers and jets was an utterly idiotic decision. Made unlocking those things bloody difficult in the first place when you can't get rid of a missile in front of you, and cannoning jets or tanks is hard.

Other than that, having one hell of a time in MP. The first couple days of play in a BF game are always the best.

Got my first destruction kills as well, but they didn't come up as destruction!
If you're on the PC try a flight school map. I unlocked flares in 1 round.

Jets are fun but if you want a decent score I would stick to choppers until they buff the cannon against ground units and infantry.

Yaska

Using ps3 pad on pc myself. Still need to learn to fly jets tho, but I promise that my archenemy, the lamp post shall face my missiles soon!

A Penguin

Moaradin said:
I used to like the Mortars when I first unlocked it, but they are extremely difficult to kill tanks with. It takes 3-4 shots and that's if they are completely still, which isn't likely. Plus you need to know where they are.

C4 is a lot more useful.
Any tips on C4? I just unlocked them and have no clue what to do with them.

Doctor_20

Banned
To anyone with the 360 version:

Do turrets on vehicles shoot continuously after letting go of the trigger? It seems to be hypersensitive... its pretty annoying.

timmytheman123 said:
Xbox 360 player here, Can someone explain how to control Wall-E? I can't drive it for shit.

Bring him to AA.

No but really, just calm down on the sticks and go for the straightest route possible. If you have to turn, do it after you STOP. Any fancy driving will have you climbing up walls and crates like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom