• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Spike6663 said:
I would use War Tapes for the campaign but give it a miss on MP; it makes it very hard to pick up enemy footsteps.

Also, can anyone explain to me why DICE continue to have 5.1 OFF by default in their console BF games. They have the best sound design of any FPS out there, yet most people miss out on it if they don't go exploring the menus.
Because a lot of people would miss sounds going to their non-existent rear and center speakers.

excaliburps said:
Haha! Fuck! Since release, I've played 36 friggin' hours! I'm level 31 now and abusing the Engineer! I'm testing the other guns/kits now but so far nothing beats the A-91 in terms of sheer bodyraping.

I've also gotten a few medals and in line to get the MVP medal! I can't believe some people say BC2 is better. The game's buggy, but it's damn good. I think a lot of people agree with me since the servers are almost always full and even borked the servers in Asia and AUS.

More maps is all I need and bug fixing. Other than that, one of the best FPS' I've played...of all time. Yeah, bold statement but what other MP FPS can you compare in recent years that even comes close? BC2 and CoD4?

Oh, and yeah, my work productivity has since gone down so hard that one of my EICs asked me if I was dead. :)
You make me feel good for "only" playing 17 hours. :p Thanks!

Darklord

Banned
spidye said:
I haven't played a game without lag or rubber banding on tehran highway.
when is dice going to fix this game again?

It has been all of 5 days. You act like its been weeks. Still a better launch than BC2.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Foliorum Viridum said:
You make me feel good for "only" playing 17 hours. :p Thanks!

Haha! Sorry, not my intention. :) Only saying that because the leaderboards show some people have already played 3 fucking whole days worth! How the hell do they do that? No work? Swapping players? Boosting?

Also, I hate it that the game has bugs. First time BF players that are friends of mine are loving the game except the bugs...if only they know DICE is almost always like this.

After a patch or two, things should be fixed, but hopefully players stick around for it.

On another note, I friggin' hate playing with randoms. When my friends/squadmates aren't online, I play alone and I have to scrounge for med packs and ammo by myself. Meaning I have to get a friend/enemy kit after they died, equip it and resupply/heal myself. Most of the time I get killed when this happens.

People just don't spot, care for the objective, give ammo or meds. Seriously? What the hell is wrong with people? If they just want to kill, go play TDM. Part of me thinks they play CQ and Rush because of the objectives...they can camp while people go after 'em.

Next BF game should seriously have a tutorial or something. When playing with proper people, the game is amazing.

Another side note, are there any "Battlefield 3 Moments" kind of vids made by people online? I want to see those legendary WTF moments that only BF can do.

Hope to god that Battlecorder is on for the next patch.

Darklord

Banned
spidye said:
huh? it was a genuine question. I really don't know about any anouncements from dice. why so agressive?

I was aggressive? And I thought you were saying it in a sarcastic way. If you were genuine then, they should be fixing it soon but I don't know the ETA.

MrBig

spidye said:
I have never experience a game on Tehran without lag/rubberbanding either. It's a junk map anyway so i just quit out whenever it comes up.

My only gripe with the 360 version is finding a game with enough slots for your squad. Every server seems to have 23/24 or 22/24. When you do find one with say less than 10, half the time, it doesn't connect or says it's full. Once you finally get in it's rare all four players are in the same team never mind the same squad. That said, the in game squad management is pretty good, so once you get everybody switched to the same team, squading up is easy enough.

excaliburps said:
Haha! Sorry, not my intention. :) Only saying that because the leaderboards show some people have already played 3 fucking whole days worth! How the hell do they do that? No work? Swapping players? Boosting?
No, no - I was being serious. It's nice knowing my obsession with the game is dwarfed by others. :D

I only feel like a massive loser, rather than a gigantic one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone please confirm you can roadkill with the MAV in retail. Because I've been raming people and having them in the crosshair and no DICE. :/

spidye

Darklord said:
I was aggressive? And I thought you were saying it in a sarcastic way. If you were genuine then, they should be fixing it soon but I don't know the ETA.
and I thought you were repliyng in a passive agressive way
classical misunderstanding ;)

Sec0nd

TheSeks said:
Someone please confirm you can roadkill with the MAV in retail. Because I've been raming people and having them in the crosshair and no DICE. :/
I've been killed by that annoying thing, yes.

Nabs

TheSeks said:

We were terrorized by one in Metro conquest.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
petethepanda said:
It really seems that unloading six attack heli rockets within three feet of an infantryman should kill him

Rockets really do need a buff against ground targets. I was so happy when I unlocked rocket pods for the jets and so disappointed when I realized just how little damage they do. I'd be fine with the crazy amount of anti-aircraft options in the game as long as I could deal effectively with enemies on the ground.

TheSeks

Nabs said:
We were terrorized by one in Metro conquest.

OMG WTF. The hit-detection is broken then because I've literally landed on people to crush them and nope. Run into them and clip them and NOPE. :/

NIN90

Paches-EJ- said:
Does Origin have a backup game type feature like Steam? I need to do a clean install of Windows to try and solve an issue and I really don't want to redownload that many gigs again.
untitled1jdo.png

If you don't have that checked you are SOL.

kitch9

Banned
spidye said:

It's one map, and it's only been a few days.

Chill the fuck out.

kitch9 said:
It's one map, and it's only been a few days.

Chill the fuck out.

I will never understand this kind of response. It's been a week, and people have every right to bitch about their supposedly finished product not working at this point.

Gui_PT

I like how low the standards for videogames most people have nowadays. It's what allows for broken games to be launched. That and games with crappy SP too, because "it's about the MP".

Keep the standards low, people. Keep 'em low and the game quality will surely rise as time goes by.

mcrae

how does the guided shell on the tank work? it says something about workign without line of sight, how do i use that?

Makoto

BigJiantRobut said:
I will never understand this kind of response. It's been a week, and people have every right to bitch about their supposedly finished product not working at this point.
Pretty much. The whole wait-and-see response was valid for the beta but it's go-time now and DICE should have learned by now, either from their history of BF launches or by the beta. People have the right to complain about the product they've now paid for.

TheSeks

Rad- said:
It's rotated in like every console server... So it's a big deal when you can't even ignore it.

There's no unranked servers to fuck about either. Speaking of which HOW DO you even create a server on consoles? No reason to have an unranked filter if I CAN'T MAKE ONE, you know?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gui_PT said:
I like how low the standards for videogames most people have nowadays. It's what allows for broken games to be launched. That and games with crappy SP too, because "it's about the MP".

Keep the standards low, people. Keep 'em low and the game quality will surely rise as time goes by.
I'd rather that they release it and patch it than delay it for years until it is perfect. I can't think of anyone outside of Blizzard that can launch an MP title this large without launch issues.

SapientWolf said:
I'd rather that they release it and patch it than delay it for years until it is perfect. I can't think of anyone outside of Blizzard that can launch an MP title this large without launch issues.

Some of the issues are pretty crippling, though. Like, a map that pretty much across the board doesn't work, period? That's a delay-level issue, in my mind.

Gui_PT

SapientWolf said:

Delaying it 2 weeks wouldn't kill you. I assume you've waited for this game for years.

It'd save a lot of people the frustrating problems they're experiencing everyday.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
BigJiantRobut said:
Some of the issues are pretty crippling, though. Like, a map that pretty much across the board doesn't work, period? That's a delay-level issue, in my mind.

a map works for me. what is the issue?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BigJiantRobut said:
I don't think delaying it would have helped if the problem wasn't exposed until after launch. It's probably a server issue like the laggy beta Caspian maps.

They had to get it out before MW3. End of.

Most of the people that will stick around after will probably deal with any of teething problems the game has at this point in time regardless.

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
Delaying it 2 weeks wouldn't kill you. I assume you've waited for this game for years.

It'd save a lot of people the frustrating problems they're experiencing everyday.
Yeah. They were still developing the week the game went gold, leaving almost no time for test and QA. An extra 2 weeks to a month with locked code devoted to bug finding, testing, and fixing should be standard for any AAA title. But I guess EA both doesn't provide those facilities to their devs to the same degree MSGS does, along with EA wanting it out before MW3.

Klocker

Nahhh.... Id rather play the game even with its flaws NOW and fix it as we go... Dice is pretty damned good at cleaning up issues.

spidye

Klocker said:
Nahhh.... Id rather play the game even with its flaws NOW and fix it as we go... Dice is pretty damned good at cleaning up issues.
I have to disagree here. bc2 is still marred with bugs. some are really minor. others are game breaking. I still have game freezes more than any other game I've played on ps3.

PNstyle said:
Hardcore Conquest on Grand Bazaar is sogood.gif

I find it interesting that so many people flock to the "meatgrinder" in the alleyway, when it's way easier to move around the outside and control the map that way. Most teams that I've seen win on that map concentrate on the controlling the streets as opposed to the middle.

spidye

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I find it interesting that so many people flock to the "meatgrinder" in the alleyway, when it's way easier to move around the outside and control the map that way. Most teams that I've seen win on that map concentrate on the controlling the streets as opposed to the middle.
surprising the opposing team from behind is the best thing on this map. soooooo many knife kills

Makoto

DICE cleans up issues, but they're slow at it. They're not good at it. If they were, this game would be a lot more pleasant.

Weenerz

Banned
Is this stuttering issue a server issue or a map issue? Only experienced it on Tehran highway but that was the first time playing the map.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I usually try to controll the highway area and get the enemy from behind. Sneaking as a recon near the US spawn is also real fun.

cametall

It feels like the issues on PS3 are getting worse everyday. Squads are screwed up, mic issues galore, rubberbanding, quick game is borked...

Then I get on a team that refuses to set charges on Rush... I wish my PC were better.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
My god, the multiplayer for this game is utterly fantastic. Everything about it during conquest, feels like a fucking war going around you, when playing this with my headset and un 1080p ultra. Fucking fantastic <3

Danny 117

Weenerz said:
Is this stuttering issue a server issue or a map issue? Only experienced it on Tehran highway but that was the first time playing the map.
In this case, a map issue. Everyone seems to be having problems on Tehran.
Oh, thought i'd share a Battlefield moment from earlier today.
I was playing Rush on Caspian Border, 2nd stage as the defenders. Now, I just unlocked the mortar today so I ran to the back of the playable area to use it against the enemy. As i was setting up the mortar, a helicopter came spinning out of control in my direction. I just stood in awe when the helicopter crash landed into a water tower and it came tumbling down in front of me.
This unpredictability is what keeps me coming back to Battlefield. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom