• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A Penguin said:
Any tips on C4? I just unlocked them and have no clue what to do with them.

Switch to CQB weapons (shotgun/SMG) and play like assault while tossing ammo to buddies. When you get close to a vehicle, C4 it (2 to disable 3 to kill) and detonate. Suicide is usually the best tactic since you run the risk of being killed before discharging if you run.

I play like that and I'm the best support in 360 GAF, even though battlelog has the classes mis labled. (shows me as recon and I don't play recon).

CozMick

Banned
Hoping the servers sort themselves out for tonight, the rubberbanding has been crazy in some EA servers but for some reason the Dice ones run perfectly :\

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
A Penguin said:
Any tips on C4? I just unlocked them and have no clue what to do with them.
C4 goes great with just about anything. Put them on MCOMS, enemies, friends, vehicles, EOD bots, and collapsible structures. They can also be used to give your chili an extra kick.

Any word on a deadzone option for 360? Both of my controllers have a slight movement to them and one is relatively new.

WEGGLES

Just captured the fuck out of an M-COM.

Someone was sitting in a troop carrier shooting at stuff far away... offence is not when you turtle. So I hop in the driver seat, go ripping down the hill.... dude jumps out "What the fuck are you doing". Crash it into the wall of the building where the mcom station is. Clear that area out with the gun. Hop out, and arm the mcom. Hop back in and take out anyone who tried to get even close to the mcom. M-Com destroyed. That's how ya doit.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1139663/1/286479184/

Ended up 31 and 3. Only MVP #2 though.

Gui_PT

Brainboy said:
Just got the connection issues as well. Happened to check Battlelog and it says:

The game just came out, give them time.

Oh sorry, this joke only works on the Reach thread. And in this case, the game did really just come out.

Getting the game tomorrow, hope the problems are solved by then(I know they won't be)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
The game just came out, give them time.

Oh sorry, this joke only works on the Reach thread. And in this case, the game did really just come out.

Getting the game tomorrow, hope the problems are solved by then(I know they won't be)

They will be ironed out eventually, but this game really is fantastic.

The rubberbanding/lag issues need first priority.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
They will be ironed out eventually, but this game really is fantastic.

The rubberbanding/lag issues need first priority.

Sorry for the dumb question but what's rubberbanding? Also, wanna party up this week or are you playing this on the PC?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Sorry for the dumb question but what's rubberbanding? Also, wanna party up this week or are you playing this on the PC?

It's how lag manifests in the game when your character/vehicle snap back to where they were a second or two before as you sprint/fly/swim etc.

In BF3 it happens a lot on tehran highway(I think that's the one), so that's probably a map issue.

It happens to a lesser extent on all servers on all maps, it's quite annoying and can cause you to die a lot, miss shots a lot, and crash your air vehicles a lot.

Spike6663

TCRS said:
So, what sound setting should I use with my 2.1 system? hi-fi or TV? And what's War Tapes?

I would use War Tapes for the campaign but give it a miss on MP; it makes it very hard to pick up enemy footsteps.

Also, can anyone explain to me why DICE continue to have 5.1 OFF by default in their console BF games. They have the best sound design of any FPS out there, yet most people miss out on it if they don't go exploring the menus.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
It's how lag manifests in the game when your character/vehicle snap back to where they were a second or two before as you sprint/fly/swim etc.

WEGGLES said:
Rubberbanding is when you're running around and it suddenly seems like you're attached to a random wall by a rubber band for a split second. Some maps are worse than others for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3BDKyPPaCw

Stahsky said:
You know those lag issues where things seem to port forwards and backwards and it seems like time is skipping? I think that is what he means by that.

Oh that happened to me a lot in the beta. Thanks!

Nesotenso

Eclipsis said:
Would anyone else be up for a GAF Caspian-only server? I'd put down some change to make that happen.

I am going to ask what may seem like a stupid question , but are private servers monitored by DICE ? Do game developers for PC games do that ?

Do private servers show up on battlelog ?

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:

In BF3 it happens a lot on tehran highway(I think that's the one), so that's probably a map issue.

It happens to a lesser extent on all servers on all maps, it's quite annoying and can cause you to die a lot, miss shots a lot, and crash your air vehicles a lot.
It causes me to crash my jet too much :-(.

Also something that we figured out today before the servers crashed. For whatever reason when we do quick match it puts us in European servers more often than not. We were lagging all day yesterday and couldn't figure out why until someone noticed what server we were in. It did it again today too.

zlatko

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Rubberbanding is when you're running around and it suddenly seems like you're attached to a random wall by a rubber band for a split second. Some maps are worse than others for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3BDKyPPaCw

Someone in the comments mentions that rubberbanding is also what is causing people to come out of iron sights without you having touched it. I've had both issues, and it's super frustrating.

Also, to all the people who bitched about CoD knifing being 10 feet out, the stab animation in this game can be launched from 20 feet out no problem. Shit has craaaaazy as lock on from afar lol. :p

Megasoum

Banned
The squad system is terrible right now. Not being able to create your own squad just means that you can't play with your friends most of the time. If you are 3+ players playing together, good luck getting in the same squad.

Members of the same platoon and/or members of a party on battlelog should automatically get in a private squad (and even if you are more than 4 players).

WEGGLES

I have a quit % of 23... why do they track that when they fucking force you to wait for the next round to start before being able to quit. That's lame.

zlatko said:
Someone in the comments mentions that rubberbanding is also what is causing people to come out of iron sights without you having touched it. I've had both issues, and it's super frustrating.

Also, to all the people who bitched about CoD knifing being 10 feet out, the stab animation in this game can be launched from 20 feet out no problem. Shit has craaaaazy as lock on from afar lol. :p
I haven't had much knifing issues. Actuallly. Once or twice I was right on the dude and didn't get him and died :[

zlatko

Banned
WEGGLES said:
I have a quit % of 23... why do they track that when they fucking force you to wait for the next round to start before being able to quit. That's lame.

I haven't had much knifing issues. Actuallly. Once or twice I was right on the dude and didn't get him and died :[

I'm not sure if I've been the victim of a giant lunge, but I know I have done the 20 footers to others. I was chasing a guy and he was too far off and I just hit F at air, then my character teleported forward, his was rooted to the ground and teleported back to play out the animation. I was like WTF ! :O

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
gibon3z said:
That mission looked good but it was just one big long QTE. Hated it.
You don't really have time to enjoy the pretty graphics in a real dogfight. The campaign is basically a long benchmark for the engine.

I love going on to a flight school server where the rules say don't engage other players unless they agree to. So naturally, ever heli and jet you get in to and try and learn to fly gets shot out of the sky with AA tanks and stingers.

WEGGLES

zlatko said:
I'm not sure if I've been the victim of a giant lunge, but I know I have done the 20 footers to others. I was chasing a guy and he was too far off and I just hit F at air, then my character teleported forward, his was rooted to the ground and teleported back to play out the animation. I was like WTF ! :O
Here's hoping it's fixed before people REALLY learn to exploit it. Being knifed is jarring but rare... if it becomes super common.... yuck

Paches

Does Origin have a backup game type feature like Steam? I need to do a clean install of Windows to try and solve an issue and I really don't want to redownload that many gigs again.

WEGGLES

Paches-EJ- said:
Does Origin have a backup game type feature like Steam? I need to do a clean install of Windows to try and solve an issue and I really don't want to redownload that many gigs again.
You could ask EA support but they'll prob just give you a 15% off coupon and disconnect. ahhahaha

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Paches-EJ- said:
I remember seeing you could save the installer in the Origin settings if you check it

Paches

WEGGLES said:
You could ask EA support but they'll prob just give you a 15% off coupon and disconnect. ahhahaha

Yeah, I am in queue to chat, but the ETA is insane so I figured asking here wouldn't hurt.

Calibur

It's pretty ridiculous that you can't quit out before the next match starts. :(

Is it possible to only mount the guns and rockets on a vehicle or do you always need a extra person to be in the vehicles driving seat, i'm sure i could do this in other BF games?

WEGGLES said:

I just came in here to ask the same thing...you ALWAYS have to quit-you can't leave in between rounds...

MikeTyson

Banned
Someone want to tell me the name of the gaf server so I can search for it the proper way in Battlelog? Those numbers in the OT hurt my head.

see5harp

Marco1 said:
I am now done with this game on Xbox360.
This is the first game I have played that feels that it really needs to be on the next gen of consoles.
The graphics, screen tearing and visibility are awful.

Nearly there myself. Sorta sad I gave DICE $10 to play this buggy garbage.

see5harp

Spike6663 said:
I would use War Tapes for the campaign but give it a miss on MP; it makes it very hard to pick up enemy footsteps.

Also, can anyone explain to me why DICE continue to have 5.1 OFF by default in their console BF games. They have the best sound design of any FPS out there, yet most people miss out on it if they don't go exploring the menus.

Not sure DICE also has Europe as the default for server playlist filter for every region. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom