• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Keasar said:
I vote that we remove Operation Metro on the EU GAF server, please.
I vote that it gets set to 24/7 Metro, with a modified ticket count if they ever let that happen.

Mat C said:
I don't see the point in removing maps. Everybody's tastes are different anyway.

I'd sooner lose Caspian Border.

Metro Conquest is pretty much broken, and Tehran Highway is borked for most people too. Those go a little beyond personal taste.

Wthermans

Banned
Gui_PT said:
I like how low the standards for videogames most people have nowadays. It's what allows for broken games to be launched. That and games with crappy SP too, because "it's about the MP".

Keep the standards low, people. Keep 'em low and the game quality will surely rise as time goes by.
The only reason I care about BF3 SP is because it exists at all. Less time for them to work on MP maps and content. Also, the game is perfectly playable for most people. There are a few bugs, but I've had zero glaring issues. This is actually one of the best BF launches in DICE's history.

People bitching about Tehran being laggy are funny to me because BFV had 2 maps that were nothing but slideshows (Ho Chi Minh Trail and Cambodian Incursion) because they could never get the central temple optimized. The game was out for almost a year before they finally got it fixed (took 2-3 patches to solve the problem IIRC). To be fair, that was DICE Canada and not DICE Sweden.

Dina

I don't care much for Metro, Damavand on Seine on Rush, but Tehran is straight broken. It gives incredible server lag whenever the map is on, whatever the reason.

tsigo

Has anyone noticed how Tehran Highway always lags? A server could be perfectly fine but as soon as you get that map, lag city.

Kyaw

tsigo said:
Has anyone noticed how Tehran Highway always lags? A server could be perfectly fine but as soon as you get that map, lag city.

Yes, it's a known issue. DICE is working on it.

When you get raped in this game, you get raped.

I'm not bitching, it's kinda cool in a way a good team can steamroll you so much, but just wow at the experience, haha.

USF

So I downloaded my Specact kit DLC preorder code successfully on PS3 but its not showing up in my soldier appearance menu. Where the hell does it go? Tried downloading it again, still wont show up..

demolitio

TacticalFox88 said:
So I played the campaign.......what the fuck is with DICE and
making Russia the bad guys? Fucking seriously?
I wouldn't view them as the main bad guys but more like the movie "Sum of All Fears". Just two sides being deceived into going to war. I mean, they're definitely not the good guys but you know how it goes. :p
Also simply because they're the easiest to match in terms of vehicles and balance for MP.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This game.... this game.

Anyone else feel like war tapes somehow doesn't sound as good as in bc2? Obviously it's not easy to gauge such a thing but I swear, using the same setup I'm using now, I recall bc2 sounding much more...well... visceral.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
So I played the campaign.......what the fuck is with DICE and
making Russia the bad guys? Fucking seriously?

Because Russians are safe to demonize and you won't hurt anyone's feelings.

SA-X

funkystudent said:
so whats the multiplayer like on consoles?

are maps way to big?

I am mainly a rush guy so I dont think it will matter much.
The maps are fine on consoles. Ironically the only issues people are having with map size are some of the infantry focused maps are too small on PC.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
This is way better than BF2, where a good jet pilot was basically untouchable unless you had a good jet pilot on your team. Getting bombed mercilessly while being more or less unable to respond was infuriating.

Also, jets should have had flares and missiles from the start. It's like starting the game, being given a pistol with 5 rounds, and told that you have to unlock better weapons. I only got both unlocks because I played a Rush match where the enemy pilots were incompetent and nobody used AA launchers until I became a pest.

The other thing is that jets are of pretty limited use against ground targets, even with pods or the AGMs. The only thing that they are a massive threat to is other flying things. The reason you don't see a lot of stinger kills on jets is because why bother carrying the stingers as an engineer? The jets can't do shit to you anyways, better to save that slot for a ground-targeting rocket, tanks are a much bigger threat.

If they buff the air-to-ground capabilities of the jets I guaranfuckingtee you will see a lot more swarms of stingers coming up from the ground at those jets.

Dragnet

Thinking about stopping playing the PS3 version until they fix the input lag, really off putting and genuinely frustrating. I'm confused as to how DICE let this happen, it was perfect in the beta. Ah well, to FIFA I go!

Makoto

Okay, I gotta give props to DICE for the tanks and the IR smoke. Nothing is a more glorious "FUCK YOU" to jets with guided bombs than popping IR smokes as a jet is locking on to you. That couldn't be a more complete 180 from BF2 where smoke defenses were useless against everything.

SA-X

The Faceless Master said:
Back For Gold Expansion Pack: End Of The Line, Valley Run+Deconstruction Super Map, Par For The Course, Crossing Over... throw in a TOZ-194, XM8, UZI, MEC Tank, Chopper and Jet call it a day...
Replace Crossing Over with Acta Non Verba and we have a perfect BC1 map pack.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Man leveling Recon class is such a pain in the ass...the class really needs more points...

Spotting for the possibly of 10 points is pretty meh...it should be 10 points for every spot and another 10 if they get killed. No many people use the spot so anything to get people using the spot ability should be welcomed.

Secondly T-UGS seems pretty useless...I have yet to find it effective in situations I have planted them.

The spawn beacon is very nice but again very little points if any comes your way through that though...

Seems to me in order to quiet down the "OMGZ SNIPERZ" crowd DICE hit the Recon with the nerf stick a little too much...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
learn 2 read

There's no way you can combine those two into a Rush map unless you want them to take two hours to complete a round.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SUBZERO-08 said:
How many mines do you need to place to destroy a vehicle and kill its occupants?
For quite a while I didn't understand the mine placing animation so I was pitting all 3 of my mines in the same spot. I thought you were only given one mine. A real eye opening moment when I figures it out.

That said 3 kills tanks everytime.

F#A#Oo said:
Man leveling Recon class is such a pain in the ass...the class really needs more points...

Spotting for the possibly of 10 points is pretty meh...it should be 10 points for every spot and another 10 if they get killed. No many people use the spot so anything to get people using the spot ability should be welcomed.

Secondly T-UGS seems pretty useless...I have yet to find it effective in situations I have planted them.

The spawn beacon is very nice but again very little points if any comes your way through that though...

Seems to me in order to quiet down the "OMGZ SNIPERZ" crowd DICE hit the Recon with the nerf stick a little too much...
The reflections from the 12x and 8x scope are just bullshit! I end up only using the 7x scope. The MAV is pretty fun to use but it realy dosnt get you much points for spotting the enemies. Most times i end up at 1100 or 1300 points when iam spotting with the MAV.

Rapstah

F#A#Oo said:

Do you actually get any points from the spawn beacons?

Longshot

What does everybody think of the maps?

I'm rather disappointed, most of them are chokepoint meatgrinders, and the remaining are 64 player Conquest maps with all the capture points right in the middle of the map.

I really hope Back 2 Karkand won't disappoint.

[EDIT: Any word on what the modding community is doing with the engine? BF 2 was reverse engineered, I'd like to know what the community is up to]

Sigma Storm said:
What does everybody think of the maps?

I'm rather disappointed, most of them are chokepoint meatgrinders, and the remaining are 64 player Conquest maps with all the capture points right in the middle of the map.

I really hope Back 2 Karkand won't disappoint.

Most? There's Metro and Damavand Peak, what else?

Server update!

It´s sunday night over here at the office. It´s cold and dark outside but inside one of the nicest buildings located in the heart of Stockholm, sits a team that is working on updates. We at DICE are rolling out a new server update and of course, we are posting the change log to you.

For users, this means that you don´t need to update your client since this is a server side update.

- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation

- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again

- Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections

- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player

- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots

- Security updates

- Improved server logging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom