• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Rapstah said:
Do you actually get any points from the spawn beacons?

No...there is a medal for 50 or 100 spawns from a beacon though...which is where you will get points for it...

maniac-kun said:
The reflections from the 12x and 8x scope are just bullshit! I end up only using the 7x scope. The MAV is pretty fun to use but it realy dosnt get you much points for spotting the enemies. Most times i end up at 1100 or 1300 points when iam spotting with the MAV.

Any scope above 6x gives off a reflection so even rolling with 7x still gives off reflection...

Anyways I think it's better to roll with ACOG or other 3x/4x scopes...using sniper rifles like assault rifles looks like the way to go...

Well found my new gun to rock from now on. Hardcore with the m249 saw, a bipod and an ir scope, OH MY GOD! Lol constantly outsniping people with it, and even take people out of helos. Nothing better than mounting up, and guarding the alley ways of grand bazzar, or the little alleyway on seine crossing as defenders first set. Love just wiping them out in large groups haha

Longshot

Metalmurphy said:
Most? There's Metro and Damavand Peak, what else?
Grand Bazaar and Seinne Crossing, that's a total of 4 maps so far.

Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Noshatr Canals and Tehran Highway are my favourites, and they're still pretty forgettable.

Arnie

Kahoona said:
Anybody else think mortars need to be toned down? It's getting ridiculous on rush maps.
It's infuriating when they're sat in a position that defenders aren't allowed to reach. Need an ammo limit.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sigma Storm said:
What does everybody think of the maps?

Operation Métro - Hate it, there's nothing enjoyable at all. The very definition of a chokepoint, the whole bloody map is one for crying out loud.

Grand Bazaar - Enjoy it a lot, I'm very fond of how quickly the battles can change up from indoor CQC and 1 second later you're out in the rain and battling with vehicles.

Tehran Highway - Despise it. I can't really think of a good thing to say other than it looks amazing but that counts for shit in a competitive mp game imo. Also somehow it feels like a total glitchfest, textures/fences shimmering rubber banding etc.

Caspian Border - I'm sure this level is great if you have flares for your jet, but since I don't I really don't like it. Moving on foot takes too long between points of interest on the map.

Canals - Haven't played this map that much really, though the little I've played hasn't been that great.

Damavand Peak - I haven't had one game that hasn't become a shitfest in the tunnels...

Seine Crossing - Hit or miss, sometimes I feel like I'm loving the and that can change just like that.

Operation Firestorm - Like it a lot. Need to play it more.

Kharg Island - Same here, I enjoy the little I've played. Would like to play it more.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm really getting sick of randomly swapping camera views on PS3 because I try to maneuver and end up hitting R3.

Mr Nightman said:
Well found my new gun to rock from now on. Hardcore with the m249 saw, a bipod and an ir scope, OH MY GOD! Lol constantly outsniping people with it, and even take people out of helos. Nothing better than mounting up, and guarding the alley ways of grand bazzar, or the little alleyway on seine crossing as defenders first set. Love just wiping them out in large groups haha

I can top that. Was playing some Grand Bazaar, and the enemy was pushing hard through the alleyway. As my team were getting pushed out of the alleyway to Flag A, I grabbed a humvee and parked it in-between two car wrecks parallel with the alleyway entrance. I then switched to the mounted gun and blazed away with a perfect field of fire into the alleyway, while being a very small target due to where I was.

I felt like a dick after the ninth kill, but hey, they could have chosen to go a different route.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
It's infuriating when they're sat in a position that defenders aren't allowed to reach. Need an ammo limit.

When I see that I simply swap my C4 for mortar and call in counter mortar fires.

When they get frustrated and stop I switch back to C4.

That's the great thing about mortars. They appear on the map when they shoot. So simply set up fire a shot at the marker, move fire at the next guy, move, etc, until they are frustrated and stop.

Is the motion sensor ribbon bugged on 360? I got tons of spot bonuses from the T-UGS on the last match on Metro, but never received the ribbon :/

Sigma Storm said:
Grand Bazaar and Seinne Crossing, that's a total of 4 maps so far.

Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Noshatr Canals and Tehran Highway are my favourites, and they're still pretty forgettable.

Grand Bazaar is only a meat grinder because people want it to be. There's 2 other ways to go around.

But everyone just wants to get some kills at the alleyway.

Same for Seinne.

Is there really no way to add a server to your favorites in-game? What a boneheaded move if so.

And squad spawning is so fucked up. Too often I'll spawn and immediately die. Don't allow me to spawn on teammates if they are being shot at. Doesn't help that it's almost impossible to see your spawn points on the respawn mini-map.

Arnie

Alienshogun said:
When I see that I simply swap my C4 for mortar and call in counter mortar fires.

When they get frustrated and stop I switch back to C4.

That's the great thing about mortars. They appear on the map when they shoot. So simply set up fire a shot at the marker, move fire at the next guy, move, etc, until they are frustrated and stop.
I'll definitely be using this tactic when I unlock it, but I've not got it yet so it's extremely frustrating.

As for Grand Bazaar, it's my favourite map in Conquest.

snack

Metalmurphy said:
Grand Bazaar is only a meat grinder because people want it to be. There's 2 other ways to go around.

But everyone just wants to get some kills at the alleyway.

Same for Seinne.
That alleyway is a shitfest.

Operation Metro Conquest with 64 players playing as the USA is absolutely BANANAS. Trying to cap the B point....freakin hell. I swear I've never revived and healed more players ever in a match.

mxgt

Banned
MisterNugNug said:
Operation Metro Conquest with 64 players playing as the USA is absolutely BANANAS. Trying to cap the B point....freakin hell. I swear I've never revived and healed more players ever in a match.

It's fucking stupid. Whoever gets B first (I forget, the team that starts in the city gets it almost every time) automatically wins because it's impossible for the other team to get past the shitstorm.

I got all the co-op weapons and damn ... They good.

The Rex/M93R are great, 2 - 3 hit kills. The M39 is a better MK11, the SG553 is a boss, imagine the scar-h with more ammo. Haven't tried the Assault rifles though, that burst one and the G3.

J-Rock

Banned
maniac-kun said:
The reflections from the 12x and 8x scope are just bullshit! I end up only using the 7x scope.

The 7x has a reflection too.

And yeah, they should up the points for spotting so people actually take the time to do it.

F#A#Oo said:
Man leveling Recon class is such a pain in the ass...the class really needs more points...

Spotting for the possibly of 10 points is pretty meh...it should be 10 points for every spot and another 10 if they get killed. No many people use the spot so anything to get people using the spot ability should be welcomed.

Secondly T-UGS seems pretty useless...I have yet to find it effective in situations I have planted them.

The spawn beacon is very nice but again very little points if any comes your way through that though...

Seems to me in order to quiet down the "OMGZ SNIPERZ" crowd DICE hit the Recon with the nerf stick a little too much...
Exactly. I was just thinking this today as I played Recon. They also need to un-nerf most of the rifle damage. The only worthwhile sniper rifle I've unlocked so far is the SV98. I was all giddy when I unlocked the SKS today only to find that it's basically useless and takes 2-3 shots to the head to kill.

Desaan

I hear you when you say recon is terrible, it's total bullshit - nigh on impossible to have over 2-3k point games, just go a medic/support run around derping ammo/first aid all over the place and get a few thousand points more than a recon ever could without even firing a shot or capping an objective. I can spawn as an engineer on caspian border and just spam AA missiles, suicide (unless ammo is on hand), then do it again and end up with stupid amounts of points WITHOUT EVEN MOVING!

10 points for a spot? Give me a break.....

Smokey

Corky said:
Operation Métro - Hate it, there's nothing enjoyable at all. The very definition of a chokepoint, the whole bloody map is one for crying out loud.

Grand Bazaar - Enjoy it a lot, I'm very fond of how quickly the battles can change up from indoor CQC and 1 second later you're out in the rain and battling with vehicles.

Tehran Highway - Despise it. I can't really think of a good thing to say other than it looks amazing but that counts for shit in a competitive mp game imo. Also somehow it feels like a total glitchfest, textures/fences shimmering rubber banding etc.

Caspian Border - I'm sure this level is great if you have flares for your jet, but since I don't I really don't like it. Moving on foot takes too long between points of interest on the map.

Canals - Haven't played this map that much really, though the little I've played hasn't been that great.

Damavand Peak - I haven't had one game that hasn't become a shitfest in the tunnels...

Seine Crossing - Hit or miss, sometimes I feel like I'm loving the and that can change just like that.

Operation Firestorm - Like it a lot. Need to play it more.

Kharg Island - Same here, I enjoy the little I've played. Would like to play it more.

Wish they shipped with more maps :(

Keasar

Firestorm and Kharg Island are the two best (and to be honest, the only good) maps, they really embodies the spirit of Battlefield with their open enviroments, veichle focus and infantry in-between it all.

What I personally wish for is a city map, with the buildings from say Seine Crossing, but in a more complex structure, not a square like Bazaar or Seine Crossing, but alot more irregular with alleys, streets, squares, rivers, big buildings mixed with small ones and then have tanks, cars, helicopters onto it, jets too would be nice. Or a big map with dispersed villages or a city combined with a countryside for mixed terrains.

Of course, this is speaking out of a Conquest Large point-of-view, dont know much how the maps are in the other gamemodes as I have barely played them.

sp3000

Keasar said:
Firestorm and Kharg Island are the two best (and to be honest, the only good) maps, they really embodies the spirit of Battlefield with their open enviroments, veichle focus and infantry in-between it all.

What I personally wish for is a city map, with the buildings from say Seine Crossing, but in a more complex structure, not a square like Bazaar or Seine Crossing, but alot more irregular with alleys, streets, squares, rivers, big buildings mixed with small ones and then have tanks, cars, helicopters onto it, jets too would be nice. Or a big map with dispersed villages or a city combined with a countryside for mixed terrains.

Of course, this is speaking out of a Conquest Large point-of-view, dont know much how the maps are in the other gamemodes as I have barely played them.

Except not even. Everything is squeezed into about 2 percent of the total map size.

derFeef

A bigger, less square Grand Bazaar would be great. I may actually like that map that way, but right now it is troubled with clusterfucks in the alleys, which remind me of the Damavand tunnels, and those are horrible.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Desaan said:
I hear you when you say recon is terrible, it's total bullshit - nigh on impossible to have over 2-3k point games, just go a medic/support run around derping ammo/first aid all over the place and get a few thousand points more than a recon ever could without even firing a shot or capping an objective. I can spawn as an engineer on caspian border and just spam AA missiles, suicide (unless ammo is on hand), then do it again and end up with stupid amounts of points WITHOUT EVEN MOVING!

10 points for a spot? Give me a break.....

Don't you get points for mobile respawns?

Keasar said:

Good god. I disagree. I HATE that map.

nitric0

C4's are too much fun. Surprised support only gets 1 claymore. If I refill ammo and plant another claymore, does the initial claymore plant go away?

Corky

If I die as an engineer with anti-tank mines out, will they still be there like in bc2?

1-D_FTW

Played Firestorm a ton of times and I don't think I've ever been US. Can't be a coincidence. People must actively choose US or would have at least been auto-assigned a couple times by random luck.

Corky

nitric0 said:
Pretty sure they go away. My RPG shots don't even register if I died as soon as I shot it :(

Thanks, also yeah that's one of the most annoying thing there is...

Spot an entire squad huddle in an empty room with one entrance/exit straight across your field of vision. Shoot a rocket on the very center pixel of said room, watch it fly as you get shot in the head aaaand nothin.... nothing at all.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Played Firestorm a ton of times and I don't think I've ever been US. Can't be a coincidence. People must actively choose US or would have at least been auto-assigned a couple times by random luck.

I always end up as US for some reason, so much so that on the very rare occasion I'm RU I end up disoriented.

Also, is anyone else getting really annoyed at the spawn minimap? It's hard to see shit in the first place, sometimes you won't even spawn on the squadmate you chose AND you can't even click on a spawn point like you could in BC2.

Zeppelin

Corky said:
If I die as an engineer with anti-tank mines out, will they still be there like in bc2?

I'm pretty sure they're still there. Damn, I rack up so many points just from placing mines and destroying other peoples mines. With the explosives kit you've got 6 of them which is pretty ridiculous.

ziadoz

Neo Member
nitric0 said:
Pretty sure they go away. My RPG shots don't even register if I died as soon as I shot it :(

Anti Tanks mine stay from what I can tell. The RPG missiles disappear in mid air when you die though.

ace3skoot

Jack Scofield said:
Is there really no way to add a server to your favorites in-game? What a boneheaded move if so.

And squad spawning is so fucked up. Too often I'll spawn and immediately die. Don't allow me to spawn on teammates if they are being shot at. Doesn't help that it's almost impossible to see your spawn points on the respawn mini-map.

umm if you squad mate is being fired upon don't spawn on him, you have the choice, look at the sitution and spawn accordingly, its your own fault :p

tsigo

Kahoona said:
Anybody else think mortars need to be toned down? It's getting ridiculous on rush maps.

Yes.

faulty_fork said:
Is the motion sensor ribbon bugged on 360? I got tons of spot bonuses from the T-UGS on the last match on Metro, but never received the ribbon :/

I think so. Once I unlocked the MAV I was getting Sensor Ribbons all over the place. Got nothing from the T-UGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom